PDA

View Full Version : This comic needs more thog

krossbow
2008-09-28, 10:46 PM
Its been forever since we've seen our favorite lovable barbarian!

Who here REALLY is hoping we'll get to see the linear guild again soon? This comic is suffering from a severe lack of Vitamin T!

Ricky S
2008-09-28, 11:24 PM
Hi well as much as Thog is loveable with his really low intelligence and love of puppies and icecream his character is not essential to the plot exposition at the moment and therefore his being there will not do anything other than put another stupid character in the mix. Elan already takes that role and does it really well. The chances are that you will get to see more linear guild in the near future as they are so closely linked with the oots party. But that may not happen or if it does will not be for a while. Plus what more do you need Thog to say? He is a hilarious character and we have already seen many hilarious things on his behalf ie rocket roller skates, puppies and icecream and his general mischief. :thog:

kpenguin
2008-09-28, 11:26 PM
I don't like Thog. Elan's stupidity is funny. Thog's is just painful.

Ghastly Epigram
2008-09-28, 11:29 PM
I like Thog as much as the next person (Who likes Thog :smalltongue:), but now is really not the time for a Linear Guild appearance. We are already juggling a lot of different balls, and there is still a lot of stuff to be resolved. No sense in adding something like that to the mix right now. I would not be surprised if they did not show up at all in Book 4 (Pirates Versus Ninjas I say!).

FujinAkari
2008-09-29, 12:06 AM
Thog is dull and repetitive. I'm glad he exists, as a character, but he's just like waffles... good at first, but boring as all hell after a few...

Spiky
2008-09-29, 10:00 AM
:thog: thog sad. thog not in this arc.

Niley
2008-09-29, 11:00 AM
Yeah. I kinda miss Thog and his Linear pals. He was funny.
Yes, I really hope that the Linear Guild re-enters the storyline soon.

pendell
2008-09-29, 11:14 AM
Its been forever since we've seen our favorite lovable barbarian!

Who here REALLY is hoping we'll get to see the linear guild again soon? This comic is suffering from a severe lack of Vitamin T!

HELL yes! More Thog now!

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Threeshades
2008-09-29, 11:23 AM
it would be interestinhg to see what the LG did in the meantime. I mean, a few months passed since we last saw them (in-comic) they might have been recruiting new party members. It would be nice to have them at equal power level to the order again, we dont have to keep going with the evil wtwin theme, since its not really funny anymore, but they could at least get enough people to put up an open fight against the order again.

dunno. :smallconfused:

Dervag
2008-09-29, 01:10 PM
I miss Thog in a vague, sentimental way, because he's a villain with some endearing qualities.

But I don't think the time is right for Thog to make an appearance. The Linear Guild is in disarray right now.

Besides, we already got a whole tribe of orcs who give you an excellent idea of exactly how Thog came to be the way he is. That was more than enough Thoggishness for me, for now.

Besides, Thog is Roy's evil opposite, and Roy is dead. Thus, Thog isn't really appropriate for the Linear Guild's theme of evil opposition right now. Which is another reason the time is wrong for the Guild to make an appearance: what would the Linear Guild be without Thog?

Fiery Diamond
2008-09-29, 02:13 PM
I don't think this is the right time for LG, therefore it is not the right time for Thog...though I'd be happy to see Thog at some point in the near future, I want it to wait until at least one of the arcs we're juggling gets resolved.

To those who say that Thog's stupidity is just annoying or who say it was funny at first and now it's just boring, I would like to ask if they have the same opinion of Belkar. Because Belkar is much less interesting, much less funny, and much more annoying than Thog could ever be in a million years. Belkar has worn out his uses, except as being an illusion under the control of Elan, as we have seen.

Spiky
2008-09-29, 04:15 PM
Besides, Thog is Roy's evil opposite, and Roy is dead. Thus, Thog isn't really appropriate for the Linear Guild's theme of evil opposition right now. Which is another reason the time is wrong for the Guild to make an appearance: what would the Linear Guild be without Thog?

While I agree that we shouldn't be seeing the Linears right now, what could be more opposite than alive vs dead?

Maybe a one-panel shot as we've seen before would be useful around now, but certainly no more.

Theodoriph
2008-09-29, 06:34 PM
I don't think we'll be seeing the Linear Guild for a while, although I hope I'm wrong. I love Thog and my friend adores him too. =D If we do see them, it'll probably be the beginnings of a plot that takes a while to materialize. I'm sure they've done something these past 8 months or so.

Thant
2008-09-29, 06:51 PM

Maybe this is a bit of topic, but if Thog is Roy's evil opposite, and Roy is dead...what if Thog is dead too? I mean, how much the "opposites" are connected anyway? No serious speculating here, just a thought:smalltongue:

Manoftyr
2008-09-29, 06:55 PM
I am firmly in the 'Thog is awesome' camp, and miss him dearly :smallfrown:

busterswd
2008-09-29, 06:58 PM
Maybe this is a bit of topic, but if Thog is Roy's evil opposite, and Roy is dead...what if Thog is dead too? I mean, how much the "opposites" are connected anyway? No serious speculating here, just a thought:smalltongue:

The evil opposite is more of a machination by Nale than a universal law.

Deepkicker
2008-09-29, 07:53 PM
Forget Thog. Nale is by far the most entertaining character from the Linear Guild. We need some Naleage!
But I'm perfectly happy waiting for a more appropriate time for them to make their reappearance.

Wreckingrocc
2008-09-29, 07:57 PM
What would make me really happy was if Thog fell from the sky and crushed Haley's rival. It would fit and end that awful arc!

Yorgelayheehoo
2008-09-29, 08:04 PM
Thog's a wierdly awesome character. He acts all incompetent and stupid up until he does something bone-crushingly badass...like crushing someone's bones.

Wreckingrocc
2008-09-29, 08:16 PM
Or smashing through a window in a leprechaun suit.

Corrupted One
2008-09-29, 08:59 PM
Anyone who doesn't love Thog has NO soul.

alfredbester
2008-09-29, 10:09 PM
Wifey like Thog. When Wifey happy Hubby have good times. Hubby think Thog pretty funny too, in that good ole half-orc lovable way. :thog:

Raging Gene Ray
2008-09-29, 10:49 PM
:thog: thog sad. thog not in this arc.

Because Thog go off on tangent?

he's just like waffles... good at first, but boring as all hell after a few...

Agreed...but after hundreds of strips where the only Thog-level ignorance was few, far between, and only impeding the Order, it would be nice to see some of that old-fashioned dumb-as-a-stick style humor working against the villains somehow.

Thant
2008-09-30, 07:50 AM

Well...I have sympathies for that lovable barbarian, but I don't can't love him. While being somewhat childish and harmless, he is one of the most cruelest and merciless characters in the strip - because he did try to torture Elan with Celine Dion. And nobody deserves that:smallbiggrin:

Linkavitch
2008-09-30, 05:40 PM
:thog: needs to come back!:frown:

bluewind95
2008-09-30, 06:54 PM

Aha! So THAT is what is wrong with me! I am soul-less!

Yeah, I've never been much of a fan of the Linear Guild. They're OK, I guess, but...

Anyways at this moment, it's hard enough to really get immersed into all the little plot strings running rampant in the strip. I really don't think more are needed until at least some have been pinned down into place.

Greep
2008-09-30, 11:59 PM
meh, thog's character can only exist because of the comic element (Axe's someone. Yay icecream! No. Funny yeah ;) but no) Elan's funny and I can see someone like him.

Also:

Start of comic-
Linear guild attack #1-
durokon's gate falls-
Linear guild attack#2-
Azure city's gate falls-

I think we'll be seeing them soon.

B. Dandelion
2008-10-01, 05:11 AM
I generally find Thog the least interesting member of the Linear Guild. He's the humor element that puts them over-the-top, but Thog without a partner (be it Nale and Sabine or Elan) is like the chocolate sprinkles without the ice cream.

Kranden
2008-10-01, 05:47 AM
Thog smash puny thread!!:smallfurious:

Kaihaku
2008-10-01, 05:51 AM
Yes, let Thog come. I'm sure V would show great patience in waiting a whole 3 seconds before blasting him into non-existence.

Finn Solomon
2008-10-01, 06:02 AM
Thog is the Alpha and the Omega. Thog is the Morning Star. Thog is the truth and the life and the way. Thog is love. Thog is all.

BobVosh
2008-10-01, 06:12 AM
Thog is the Alpha and the Omega. Thog is the Morning Star. Thog is the truth and the life and the way. Thog is love. Thog is all.

What is THOG?! Baby don't hurt me...

B. Dandelion
2008-10-01, 06:25 AM
:mad: ^---x2 posts

Can we please not have a repeat of the Therkla thread? I don't think I've done enough sniffling over her death yet to have her memory resurface with the name of some other half-orc in her place.

R.I.P., sexy double-jointed ninja girl

Laurentio II
2008-10-01, 07:06 AM
Thog funny, but Linear Guild need time to get some new plan. Otherwise Linear Guild sucks as they are always losers without any positive side. Thog deserves to make is coming back with something more than just Thog being there to be insulted by puny PC. Me think that I failed to speak Thog-speak. Me puny.

charl
2008-10-01, 08:34 AM
Yes. We need more Thog.

I wonder what happened to him after Azure city.

Assassin89
2008-10-11, 10:22 AM
I see thog wandering around looking for ice cream and speaking non-sequiturs. Thog could leave the linear guild once he finds out the ice cream is no more or a lie.

Egiam
2008-10-11, 11:31 AM
I think he will reapear when the order reunites.:smallsigh:

Mariel Dragon
2008-10-11, 12:16 PM
This comic just needs more of :thog:!!!!!!

GSFB
2008-10-11, 02:04 PM
I think we are about due for a major shift of scene in this story. We have been with the Elan group for some time, and the departure of V makes a good transistion.

We might see LG returning. Or we might go back to Team Evil. We could be about to break back to Haley's group.

But my personal thought is that now is the time to break back to Roy in the Afterlife. He needs to be looking down from above at V departing, giving him more despair.

Actually, with 600 about to come, it could be a good time for a multi-page strip with all the sub-groups setting the stage for the next chapter. That should probably include LG, and therefore a good chance for a quick but very funny Thog gag.

Cleverdan22
2008-10-11, 03:21 PM
Thog is like GIR from Invader Zim or Todd from Scrubs. They feed off the material from others to deliver the punchline. An entire show, or comic in this case, about them would not be too entertaining, however. I think that Linear Guild is going to show up right around the time that the Order reunites, once all these other story arcs clear up. Basically, we'll see the Order fight the linear guild before we see them fight Xykon.

mr.fizzypop
2008-10-11, 06:15 PM
Hi well as much as Thog is loveable with his really low intelligence and love of puppies and icecream his character is not essential to the plot exposition at the moment and therefore his being there will not do anything other than put another stupid character in the mix. Elan already takes that role and does it really well.

Now that elan is actually in a major part of the plot hes gotten way to serious for my tastes(on another note elans jokes are nothing with out roy).

As for thog I don't think he'll becoming back anytime soon, in the [B]webcomic[B] that is.:smallwink: Here's my thoughts:

-Book of the webcomics
-origin of the OotS
-Another book of the webcomics
-origin of team evil
-[B]Another[B] book of the webcomics
-origin of ???

Personally I think thats all left for an origin is of the LG(Im probally not the first to think of this and has probally already been stated on the forums)

mockingbyrd7
2008-10-13, 06:34 PM
I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more Thog!

*ducks*