PDA

View Full Version : How will Belkar die?

Deploy
2008-09-28, 11:51 PM
The Oracle has let us know that Belkar will die, but I want to know how. I have a theory of my own, but would love to hear yous!

My theory is he will die nobly (as punishment). They will have a run-in with team Evil, and when Tsukiko sees Mr. scruffy, she'll scream "Arrrgh! that cat! Payback Time!" and send a blast at scruffs. Belkar will see this scream "NO!" and jump in the way of the blast. In his dying moments he will realize he died like a friggin' hero and get Ticked!

What's your theory?

Fan
2008-09-28, 11:58 PM
I predict horribly....
Most likely in the Tank of acid breathing sharks.

Setra
2008-09-29, 01:27 AM
V will kill him

My prediction

Greep
2008-09-29, 01:36 AM
*** massive spoilers ****

He will drink mountain dew syrup mixed with vodka. Seriously that stuff was horrible

Winterdusk
2008-09-29, 02:16 AM
Maybe the fairy girl will kill him, that would be funny.

I imagine its more likely that either he'll commit some further evil deed, or some evil deed will come back to haunt him, and he'll end up getting karmic justice and getting killed because of it.

TamLin
2008-09-29, 02:19 AM
***SPOILER***

I'm guessing that he'll be forced by circumstances into committing some kind of selfless sacrifice that he really, really, REALLy doesn't want to do but will have no choice, and that that will be his ironic end. Nothing would make Belkar more mad than having to actually help people as he dies.

Yendor
2008-09-29, 09:49 PM
"Greetings, fellow adventurer. My name is Yukyuk. I seek the foul villain who killed my father Yokyok. Can you help me in my quest?"
:haley: He's right there.
:belkar: What?!
:haley: Yep. Turned the poor guy into a chip bowl.
"I'll kill you!"
:haley: And he made a hat out of your grandfather.

Either that or Vaarsuvius will zot him with a Disintegrate spell and dance a happy elven dance in his ashes.

Heroic
2008-09-29, 09:55 PM
V will kill him and thus complete his/her training to embrace the Dark Side!

Kranden
2008-09-29, 10:04 PM
After V becomes a Lich I think he will murder him and bring him back as a powerful free thinking Undead warrior.

alfredbester
2008-09-29, 10:06 PM
As I've mentioned before, he won't die. He will simply draw for the last (and first) time a dragon breathing, and will declare that it sucks and that he should stick to stabbing things in the eye.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-09-29, 10:24 PM
Remember when he headed to the Panic Restroom, just before it cut from Haley to Elan? He probably won't get out of there with all his internal organs intact...he falls over dead, Haley assumes Roy's body has been moved, leaves looking for it...plot starts moving (but not as fast as Belkar's bowels).

drengnikrafe
2008-09-29, 11:55 PM
What if... he won't?

The oracle is full of it, and told him incorrect information to drive him insane with confusion (or, at least, the fans), and, in actuality, the Oracle is just getting Belkar back for killing him later.

Probably not, no, but it's a theory.

Oracle_Hunter
2008-09-29, 11:57 PM
Death by Snarl, more likely than not. We're rapidly running out of "permanent death" devices to use :smalltongue:

Finwe
2008-09-30, 12:11 AM
I imagine that either he will ironically die a hero's death, or be killed by one or more of his evil deeds coming back to haunt him.

*** massive spoilers ****

He will drink mountain dew syrup mixed with vodka. Seriously that stuff was horrible

I don't know if it can compare with the olfactory and gustatory assault and rape that is tequila mixed with root beer schnappes.

AkazilliaDeNaro
2008-09-30, 07:41 PM
belkar will combine w/ v to become.... Velkar!
or
Belkar's name is actualy V and V's name is actually Belkar

Greep
2008-09-30, 08:11 PM
belkar will combine w/ v to become.... Velkar!
or
Belkar's name is actualy V and V's name is actually Belkar

and because this means they will also combine with V's familiar, they will become Velcro!

Felixaar
2008-10-01, 08:09 PM
I doubt it will be a heroic death, if Belkar manages to redeem himself in his last moments then the order will probably want to bring him back - unless he manages to redeem himself and no one sees, or redeems himself in a way that makes him unresurrectable, OR simply decides not to return to the world - afterall, while the CE/LG afterlifes are probably different, I imagine such attractions as the hall of monsters just strong enough to acutally challenge you and tavern of infinite one night stands would be VERY pleasing to the Belkster...

Greep
2008-10-01, 08:38 PM
I don't know if it can compare with the olfactory and gustatory assault and rape that is tequila mixed with root beer schnappes.

ugh, I think the mark of justice duplicated that effect for him.

snoopy13a
2008-10-01, 08:52 PM
Old age. Most don't know it but Belkar is really 150 years old :smalltongue:

GSFB
2008-10-01, 09:22 PM
Belkar doesn't have to die in comic. The author can spend 5 years of real-life time dragging out this story and only move forward 6 months in-comic time. The snarl can be sealed away for good, Xykon defeated, Elan and Haley married, Roy good in his father's eyes, and the party can ride off into the sunset. The end. Sometime later, Belkar dies of something he picked up off a toilet seat in a shady part of town. We never see it or read about it. Years from now, the author puts out a "special collectors edition" version of the comic, with all the books compiled into one volume from beginning to end - and includes a "where are they now" epilogue that shows Elan teaching songs to his and Haley's kids, Roy complaining that his son is wasting his time with magic instead of swords, etc. One of them will mention "too bad Belkar isn't here to see this" and the other will say "well, that's what you get for using the public restroom in the shady part of town without using a sanitary disposable toilet seat cover."

See?

Not that I expect Belker to REALLY catch a nasty bug from the loo, but that there is no reason to assume that Belkar will actually die in the comic. No one ever said every plot device needs to be resolved. Sometimes things just end without every loose string being tied.

Greep
2008-10-01, 09:46 PM
Nah, the campaign ain't ending until all but one gate is destroyed, that's more than the time needed for the prophecy.

GSFB
2008-10-01, 10:19 PM
I don't think it will take a year in-comic to wrap it up. Lord of the Rings from Frodo leaving the Shire to returning to the Shire was about a year. Once V has finished researching a new spell that replicates the effect of a teleport without conjuration, the rest of the story can take place in about 2 weeks.

Greep
2008-10-01, 10:24 PM
short of a teleport spell, this comic isn't ending for at least 10 weeks period. Which I guess is possible :smallfrown:

But not having the prophesy occur (whether belkar lives or dies) would be as cheesy as roy not being ressed.

Deploy
2008-10-01, 10:49 PM
As I've mentioned before, he won't die. He will simply draw for the last (and first) time a dragon breathing, and will declare that it sucks and that he should stick to stabbing things in the eye.

Is that a theory of how he will die?
unless you have a theory on HOW he will die
I think I saw a post where you can say you don't think he'll die
Unfortunately this is not that forum.

derfenrirwolv
2008-10-01, 11:08 PM
Killed in one hit by a level 1 kobold, as all of that extra damage he shouldn't have been able to do over the years comes back to haunt him in one karmalicious moment.

ericgrau
2008-10-01, 11:21 PM
Sympathetically, yet not enough to make OotS want to raise him. Because people like to sympathize with the dead/dying.

For example earlier in the comic when Belkar supposedly died:
:vaarsuvius: He was the best of us.

Kranden
2008-10-02, 02:18 AM
Obviously in a very bad ass way. Like with a scantly clad woman in each arm high on top a pile of recently disemboweled corpses of which he falls off of and impales himself on his own daggers after which he will say a particularly insulting parting phrase to any whom are within earshot.

Oh yea

David Argall
2008-10-02, 02:39 AM
Once V has finished researching a new spell that replicates the effect of a teleport without conjuration, the rest of the story can take place in about 2 weeks.
It can be, but so far there is no sign V is researching such a spell, and a lot of reasons to think the rest of the comic is going to take way more than 2 weeks comic time.

Iain
2008-10-02, 03:49 AM
He will probably be undone by the Snarl, as this would be irreversible.
On a possibly related note, that rift above Azure City was looking pretty big recently, don't you think? Might a tentacle squeeze through?

Virgil_85
2008-10-02, 04:16 AM
The Oracle has let us know that Belkar will die, but I want to know how. I have a theory of my own, but would love to hear yous!

From memory the Oracle said that he would "draw his last breath". Thus, I do not actually see him dying, but rather meeting a similar fate to a certain demon:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0591.html (panel 14)

Ricky S
2008-10-02, 11:34 PM
OK here it is. HE WILL NOT DIE! The oracle is full of it and all the stuff is rubbish i mean seriously funding that IRA is a good decision on Belkars behalf... Wait he will die. The IRA will kill him... Dang Irish Halflings. Well thats actually really scary :belkar: :eek:

Hithros
2008-10-03, 01:50 AM
It would be terribly ironic if Belkar died unintentionally like a hero...
But if he shouldn't fund his IRA, doesn't that mean if he does die, he won't come back? Because if he did come back, he would need to,wouldn't he?

TheNovak
2008-10-03, 01:56 AM
I like the idea of Belkar dying a hero, and hating it.

Got a question for those of you predicting that the Oracle is full of it: if he'd just been trying to drive Belkar nuts with paranoia and worry, he would've told him on the record; when he informed Belkar, it was just an off-handed remark before he went into his trance. Roy knows it for a certainty, but I don't really think he's going to be all freaked out at the idea of Belkar dying. Probably be a relief.

T-O-E
2008-10-03, 02:07 AM
I like the idea of Belkar dying a hero, and hating it.

Got a question for those of you predicting that the Oracle is full of it: if he'd just been trying to drive Belkar nuts with paranoia and worry, he would've told him on the record; when he informed Belkar, it was just an off-handed remark before he went into his trance. Roy knows it for a certainty, but I don't really think he's going to be all freaked out at the idea of Belkar dying. Probably be a relief.

Which will make the demonic equiavalent to a deva consider him to have had a change of heart, sending him to one of the less evil-afterlives. Which he will hate.