PDA

View Full Version : V's obsession to find Haley -> V and Demons ...

Daran
2008-09-29, 02:56 AM
Well since Comic 597 we all know, that V is obsessed with the task to find Haley. At the moment I think he/she/it would do nearly anything to reach his/her/it's goal.
I'm not very good with the D&D Universe, but what if V decided to use ther power of demons or something similar to find Haley.
I'm not talking about sending a tiny Demon to look for her. I'm talking about contracts with powerfull Demons or something similar (which usually would cost V a great price ... remember that one of the Order hat to pay a great price to get the Order reunited?).
Maybe even Quarr might take Advantage of V, having seen perhaps how powerfull that Wizard is by killing his former master so easily.

Is something like that contract thing or something similar possible?

Edit: No V alignment topics in here, please! :smallwink:

Belkster11
2008-09-29, 05:23 AM
Well, V probably would try and kill Quarr, seeing it as a "hinderance" in his obsessive quest to find Haley. I just don't think V's that far down to sell his soul to the devil.

He's more all: "Leave me to my personal duties or else!!:smallfurious::smallfurious::smallfurious:"

DigoDragon
2008-09-29, 07:09 AM
He's more all: "Leave me to my personal duties or else!!:smallfurious::smallfurious::smallfurious:"

V does strike me as focusing all his/her worth into magic and nothing else. Without magic V would probably feel as useless as a used diper.

Anyway, as for the OP's train of thought, it might be possible that V would borrow power from the demons to accomplish the task at hand. V certainly seems capable of resorting to such dark magic to get to the goal.

Tholok Razescar
2008-09-29, 09:21 AM
He's more all: "Leave me to my personal doodies or else!!:smallfurious::smallfurious::smallfurious:"

Hehe. Doodies.

Holammer
2008-09-29, 11:55 AM
V is currently without a familiar, remember that Blackwing abandoned V during the battle of Azure city (the death knight fight). Maybe Qarr is up to the task? Ravens, Owls or Rats are for bumbling Harry Potter wannabes! Nothing says badass spellcaster like Imp familiars! :smallwink:

Scarlet Knight
2008-09-29, 01:38 PM
V is currently without a familiar, remember that Blackwing abandoned V during the battle of Azure city (the death knight fight). Maybe Qarr is up to the task? Ravens, Owls or Rats are for bumbling Harry Potter wannabes! Nothing says badass spellcaster like Imp familiars! :smallwink:

But you get more comic mileage out of a toad...:smalltongue:

Fitzclowningham
2008-09-29, 01:47 PM
I think you could be onto something, Daran.

I could see this as a temporary thing, as well. I think a lot of people assumed that when V got "ultimate arcane power," it would be a permanent-type thing. But the oracle never said s/he would keep it. It might go badly, and push V back to a more humane worldview.

Gamerlord
2008-09-29, 04:43 PM
Hehe. Doodies.
I cast "detect spam"
Well this looks like spam to me, but i am not exactly sure if it is.....

Amhenia
2008-09-29, 07:21 PM
Daran have in mind V can`t cast any Conjuration spells (the best spells in D&D :smallfurious:) and that can be a problem if he is looking to use ther power of demons/celestials creatures or something similar to find Haley.

Conjuration spells usually gave spellcaster the chances of call and trap/ request a service with an outsider (demon/celestials) or elemental.

And only spells like Greater Planar binding (lvl8 spell) or Implore (lvl 9 spell) can summon a outsider or elemental with enought HD to be usefull at this point (V higher lvl spell so far is 7).

Daran
2008-09-30, 03:20 AM
Daran have in mind V can`t cast any Conjuration spells (the best spells in D&D :smallfurious:) and that can be a problem if he is looking to use ther power of demons/celestials creatures or something similar to find Haley.)

Conjuration spells usually gave spellcaster the chances of call and trap/ request a service with an outsider (demon/celestials) or elemental.

And only spells like Greater Planar binding (lvl8 spell) or Implore (lvl 9 spell) can summon a outsider or elemental with enought HD to be usefull at this point (V higher lvl spell so far is 7).

Well that's not very helpfull for V ...
but she still could wait to reach the spell lvl 8 ... after all, all she seems to care about besides finding Haley are XPs. Remeber how she asked if they'll get any XP for Therkla?

And Quaar might still be around anyway :smallwink:
He *can* cast Conjuration spells as proven on the Island.
And as a Star Wars-gag:

Quarr: "Slay my Master and take your rightfull side beside me!"
:vaarsuvius: "Done already ... can we move on now!?"

dps
2008-09-30, 08:29 AM
I cast "detect spam"
Well this looks like spam to me, but i am not exactly sure if it is.....

Pointing out someone's humorous mis-spelling doesn't looke like spam to me. That assumes that Belkster11 did mis-spell it to start with, and then editted the post.

David Argall
2008-09-30, 02:54 PM
Well, V probably would try and kill Quarr, seeing it as a "hinderance" in his obsessive quest to find Haley. I just don't think V's that far down to sell his soul to the devil.

But if Qarr comes back with some sort of "But I can help you with those duties...", we have a reasonable chance that V would be interested.

"I have this scroll/spellbook of finding people...and I would really like to be your temp..., er... servant. I can really help you find this Haley..."

I'd bet against it happening, but it violates no text if it does.

Great Dane
2008-09-30, 03:21 PM
It could also be said how V was also full of pwnage when taking on that demon. Sure, Hinjo and his wolfie scratched it, but V was the one who came up with the strategy to defeat such a foe. If V would continue down some sort of dark path pushing him farther away from the group, they're losing an ally that is full of badassery.

To sum it up, the Order could see darker days still. :smalleek:

Excalibur1027
2008-09-30, 03:54 PM
But if Qarr comes back with some sort of "But I can help you with those duties...", we have a reasonable chance that V would be interested.

I agree. However, I'm not so sure how V would feel receiving help from an imp (or anyone for that matter). I personally still believe that V's obsession with research comes from his own wounded pride of not being able to make contact with Haley. V's search for ultimate arcane power seems to be an ultimate/life goal, while this little cloister issue seems to be a small hurdle that V wishes desperately to cross.

However, Holammer brings up a great point. V is without a familiar. I'm not exactly sure how the event would transpire, or why V would go along with it (other than for power), but I doubt we've seen the last of Qaar. Plus, there has to be a reason why Qaar was helping Kubota. And if he witnessed V quickly dispatch his old master, as well as the monstrous demon that he himself summoned, I think it's safe to say that Qaar might be a little interested in V.

AKA_Bait
2008-09-30, 04:01 PM

"I have this scroll/spellbook of finding people...and I would really like to be your temp..., er... servant. I can really help you find this Haley..."

I'd bet against it happening, but it violates no text if it does.

Indeed. In fact, come to think of it, Qarr's suddenly becoming scarce seems like it might be right around the same time that The Retarted Pit Fiend got turned to stone by V. Clearly Kubota expected Qarr's help inside the ship with the Katos, but he wasn't there. If he saw V take that thing out, knowing that Kubota's soul was already damned, he might have dropped continued temptation of the aristocrat in favor of tempting the wizard. I think I'd be surprised if we didn't see him make an attempt at V.

Daran
2008-10-08, 08:04 AM
Ha!

I *knew* that Quarr was going to use V's current mental state to his advance. Who knows what he has in plan for V. Maybe to use our Elf to get aboard the ship? Or become her new familiar? Or draw V to the dark side?

AKA_Bait
2008-10-08, 08:41 AM
Ha!

I *knew* that Quarr was going to use V's current mental state to his advance. Who knows what he has in plan for V. Maybe to use our Elf to get aboard the ship? Or become her new familiar? Or draw V to the dark side?

Or under direction from below, recruit him to be one of two people allied with below to actually control the gates of the snarl. I shouldn't think that the hordes of below would have trouble finding an evil cleric for the other half.

jimbo_the_tubby
2008-10-08, 10:26 AM
:vaarsuvius: "Help me find Haley."

(four words?)

Pronounceable
2008-10-08, 11:01 AM
Naaah. V is far too proud, egoistical and self reliant to "cheat" by resorting to infernal pacts. Quarr is just a red bag of XP.

Linkavitch
2008-10-08, 02:42 PM
It's probably inevitable that V will at least contemplate the Imp's offer.

Kish
2008-10-08, 04:13 PM
Pointing out someone's humorous mis-spelling doesn't looke like spam to me. That assumes that Belkster11 did mis-spell it to start with, and then editted the post.
Posts which have been edited have an "Edited by X at Y" tag on them. Belkster11's post has not been edited.