PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf: Code of Honor

Falrin
2008-09-29, 04:34 AM
Hello fellow players,

I'm off for my first time playing werewolf and got through my first session and a lot of character development.

My GM threw me a personal 'Code of Honor' I have to fill out. And although I have a general idea of the direction, I could use a hand to flesh it out.

Basic character concept:

A sociopathic computer/technician student.
He has little emotions himself, but figured out how to play along with the world to get himself out of trouble.
He has grown very capable of using and understanding other humans and how to manipulate them.
Although he seems unable to connect with most people, he has an overwhelming urge to keep a select 'pack' of people close around him.
He likes to keep his head straight, think problems through and solve them with as little fuss as possible.

So my DM made me a shadowlord and gave me a Code of Honor.

Boundless protection of my pack
Relentless revenge on violators of my pack.
Careful planning, thorough analysis, patient planning and efficient execution.
Real power lies in influence, not brute force.
Emotions are weakness, exploit them.

Any help on fleshing these out, adding ideas or giving them a more poetic ring are apreciated.

Selrahc
2008-09-29, 04:47 AM
I'm guessing this is White Wolfs werewolf. Which one? Forsaken or Apocalypse?

Falrin
2008-09-29, 09:37 AM
Apocalypse it seems.

I don't no anything about this game apart from some basic mechanics. It's something my DM (and my group) enjoys, discovering a new game adds to the fun.

We did the same the first time we played D&D. Even kobolds scared us and we could argue 10 minutes before opening a door. Good times.

Selrahc
2008-09-29, 05:02 PM
Hmmm... I can't really help you much with Apocalypse. Sorry.

kbk
2008-09-29, 06:48 PM
Ahh, W:tA

The Code of Honor is sort of a nature/demeanor question. While basic W:tA doesn't require nature and demeanor, there is a lot of fluff on general Werewolf social norms, and different packs in the core books.

Shadow Lords are the manipulative leaders. While not as universally revered as Silver Fangs, they know how to manipulate people to their benefit and lead without leading. This helps because you're not constantly being challenged for pack alpha, which tends to result in fewer scars.

Meanwhile, if you really wanted to focus on the computer/technician aspect, Glass Walkers might fit better. But based on the "sociopath" aspect of your description, maybe Shadow Lord is the right pick. Maybe even though he's a shadow lord, he has a one or two Glass walker acquaintances. Or maybe he got by in his job by manipulating other people to do the hard part of his job?

Do you have any inkling as to what auspice? I might recommend Philidox: you know the rules, and objectively (maybe even with a callous lack of emotion) apply them. Alternatively, Ragabash might be entertaining, but it sounds like you're tricks would be pretty mean and heartless.

Another question: Were you homid? And if so did you live and grow-up with kinfolk, or were you a lost cub, who was discovered after your first transformation?

Calinero
2008-09-29, 08:50 PM
So, what exactly are you asking for? A more poetic way to put your code? How about this:

My life for my pack,
Death for my enemies,
My mind in my future,
My strength in my mind,
My strength against their flaws.