PDA

View Full Version : Issues with BBcode tables

squishycube
2005-07-06, 07:59 AM
in this (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=gaming;action=display;num=1120635884 ) topic I tried to use a table. Although I a had a certain degree of succes, there are errors in the way it displays that I cannot explain.
I'd like to add that I am familiar with BBcode and that I am a professional web developer. (iow, it's not that I don't understand how this code works)

It might of course be possible I am overlooking something, but I checked the BBcode very thourougly and I cannot find the errors.

So I suspect there is something wrong with the way the BB code is interpreted.

Also, another question: is it possible to use rowspan and colspan in the BBtables?

RawBearNYC
2005-07-06, 08:50 AM
I glanced over it, I don't see what your specific issue is, but I found at least one unmatched 'tr' tag and one 'td' tag that had the wrong bracket around it.

If you let me know what your specific issue is with it, I can look more specifically. And, No, I don't think colspan is possible.

Gorbash Kazdar
2005-07-06, 03:05 PM
There's a few bugs in YaBB when it comes to tables as well... I think if you have 15ft. it doesn't show the cell for some reason, for one example. I had them written down somewhere.