PDA

View Full Version : 3.5e Can anyone make a city destroying bomb? (Epic)

Lord Mancow
2008-09-30, 02:28 AM
Hey,
Like the title says, I'm asking if anyone can make a epic spell that is capable of wiping out a 2 or 3 mile radius wide area form a range of 5 or 6 miles. The spell doesn't need to be able to destroy structures but definitely needs to be able to kill most people inside the area who are below say, about level 6. I only have the 3.5 editions of PHB, DMG and Monster Manual. I would also like the spellcraft DC to be lower than 80 if at all possible. Ritual casting is allowed but please, nothing like using 20 solars as assistants, though there can be a fair number of participants. Casting time should preferably be less than 50 days.

Also no cheese like Locate city bomb please.

Triaxx
2008-09-30, 07:03 AM
Locate city is only cheesy on the receiving end. And isn't even epic.

afroakuma
2008-09-30, 07:05 AM
There's a certain scale at which you don't need a set spell anymore. If you want that effect used, use it. The major particulars of such a spell would likely have a skyrocketing Spellcraft check, meaning the user would be ridiculously epic. Taking away the firm numbers helps you scale your caster later.

jcsw
2008-09-30, 07:16 AM
Hey,
Like the title says, I'm asking if anyone can make a epic spell that is capable of wiping out a 2 or 3 mile radius wide area form a range of 5 or 6 miles. The spell doesn't need to be able to destroy structures but definitely needs to be able to kill most people inside the area who are below say, about level 6. I only have the 3.5 editions of PHB, DMG and Monster Manual. I would also like the spellcraft DC to be lower than 80 if at all possible. Ritual casting is allowed but please, nothing like using 20 solars as assistants, though there can be a fair number of participants. Casting time should preferably be less than 50 days.

Also no cheese like Locate city bomb please.

No need to destroy structures, be able to kill most people below level 6... I think you're better off with something based on Animus Blizzard, something that spawns megawights and starts a chain reaction.

SilentNight
2008-09-30, 08:36 AM
There's a substance fromm Dragon magazine, can't remember the name, found on the elemental plane of fire. Essentially it is the solid form of fire. A piece, when thrown, produces a fireball dealing 1d6 in a 10ft. radius per ounce of the matierial. All you need to do is assemble a huge chunck then teleport object over the city.

Texas Jedi
2008-09-30, 10:24 AM
Instead of a bomb why don't you try pulling a meteor down from space.

I don't remember what the Spellcraft DC of the Eclipse spell but it should be much less than that. I mean in Eclipse you actually move the moon. In the meteor spell all you need a meteor a few meters wide to destroy a city.

Pie Guy
2008-09-30, 03:02 PM
much less actually.

Jack_Simth
2008-09-30, 04:46 PM
Seed: Energy; Control Weather version (DC 25, 2-mile radius).
Duration: Permanent (*5).
Effect of choice: Blizzard.

You've got a base DC of 125; add 20 minutes (-40) and 43 days (-86) and you've got a final Spellcraft DC of -1.

Seven Solars giving you 9th level spells (7*(-17)=-119), with a casting time of 4 minutes (+3 minutes over base, -6 DC) gets you a DC of 0.

What does this do?

You get a permanent blizzard. The town is buried in snow, and everyone dies of suffocation or exposure unless it's dispelled first, or they're guarded with magic (that is, the Cleric-5 with both Create Food and Water, Endure Elements, and a Necklace of Adaptation or a Bottle of Air will likely be okay, but most people will die).

Sufficient?

Icewalker
2008-09-30, 06:00 PM
There is an epic spell...

Well, I looked through all my books and can't find it, but I know I've seen it.

No idea what the DC was, but I believe it was basically: material component, artifact. In a radius of multiple miles, 10d6 damage to everybody.

Might've been less damage, but it was easily enough to kill your average person, and even your above average person. Perfect for wiping out a city.

SurlySeraph
2008-09-30, 06:28 PM
@^: Apocalypse From the Sky (http://www.nwn2prc.com/index.php?location=manual&lang=en&section=spells&page=2516)? (what I linked isn't the correct version, but it's close)

Or you could modify Rain of Fire (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/rainOfFire.htm) to have range and a wider area of effect.

ocato
2008-09-30, 06:40 PM
It strikes me as excessive to use epic magic for this, but maybe that's just me. Toss a Wight (preferably with a character level or two) into the city and cast Forbiddance on the entire area (a mite bit expensive). The Wight-chain will turn the place into a Zombie Apocalypse and Forbbidance (or wall of stone cast a bunch of times, honestly, maybe with a few symbols of death or insanity or whatever on them) will keep out people out (based on alignment, higher than L6 people could probably get in but they'd be smacked for some damage and hopefully weakened enough to become wight food) and in people in. If you control the wight you toss in, smart money says everyone who gets killed in the city will be under your command via wight-chain.