PDA

View Full Version : Getting my goat!

Ikkitosen
2005-06-17, 10:52 AM
Glitch report:

I tried posting to a thread. The post didn't appear after I hit post. So I reposted it. Then 2 of that post appeared logged a couple of minutes apart - so the original post was there too. So I remove the second post and both vanish. So I type it again. 2 appear, posts 2 and 3 by the look of the time stamps. So I delete the second one (can you see what's coming? ;)). I'm using Firefox, and have never seen this before. The post takes the thread over a page if that matters. They're all deleted at the moment.

Ta, Ikki.

Edit: Dammit, just looked back and there's now 1 post, sitting there as good as gold and looking smug. I'll leave this here in case it's important anyhow.

Wukei
2005-06-17, 10:57 AM
I have that problem sometimes. Or I'll hit post and it will take me to one of those 404 pages. You just sorta have to deal with the glitches as they come.

RawBearNYC
2005-06-17, 11:34 AM
that's a fairly famous thread bug. We haven't spent any time figuring out why it happens (largely because I've never seen it happen -- but I believe people who say they do). I've vowed to upgrade the board software one of these days (when I actually have some spare time -- ugh), and I hope that will fix it.

Gorbash Kazdar
2005-06-17, 08:27 PM
SOP when that happens is just to make an additional post that says "fixing thread bug" or something similar. Won't get you in trouble for double posting or anything.