PDA

View Full Version : How will Roy feel?

Frenzied_Berz
2008-09-30, 03:48 PM
Assuming that Roy would keep his memories from being dead when he's raised and when he Reunites with Elan,Vaarsuvius and Durkon. How do you guys think he will feel towards Elan's and V's respective behaviour towards the handeling of their own subplot whilst being dead?

How will he feel towards Elan and how he handled Therkla vs his relationship with Haley?

What will he think about V's way of handeling of killing of Kubota?

How will he React towards Durkon's inability to keep V and Elan together?

What will he do to Belkar?

Will he blame Celia for his death for not Reading the Player's Handbook and showing interest enough to not learn her boyfriend's racial abilities?

RMS Oceanic
2008-09-30, 03:52 PM
I don't see any real problems with Elan. Elan has stepped up to the mark and tried his best to keep the team together. Of that subteam, he'll be most angry/concerned with V, because I get the feeling he'll agree with Durkon that it's not Finding Haley that was his primary motivation for Finding Haley. I also don't see any problems with Celia. Xykon is the one who killed him, afterall. I don't know what he'll do with Belkar and the knowledge of his impending death, but I suspect that for some reason, he'll keep quiet about it.

Ridureyu
2008-09-30, 03:54 PM
I think that Celia would make Roy feel all better.

Belkster11
2008-09-30, 04:04 PM
Assuming that Roy would keep his memories from being dead when he's raised and when he Reunites with Elan,Vaarsuvius and Durkon. How do you guys think he will feel towards Elan's and V's respective behaviour towards the handeling of their own subplot whilst being dead?

How will he feel towards Elan and how he handled Therkla vs his relationship with Haley?

Will he blame Celia for his death for not Reading the Player's Handbook and showing interest enough to not learn her boyfriend's racial abilities?

Well...I can't say but...I honestly think he'll be impressed with Elan. Last time he saw Elan, the bard was a bumbling kid who wanted to say a rallying speech to the Azure warriors.

As for V? He may be a bit peeved off at V's course of action.

He's known Durkon for longer, so he'll probably think Durkon tried his best

As for Belkar? Well, Roy will make sure everyone knows he killed the Oracle and have him removed from the Order.

Celia? Well, he'll be annoyed, and a tad angry. "Would it have KILLED you to crack open a book and read about what we humans could and could not do??" but he'll forgive her. I mean, he DOES think she's cute and she IS his girlfriend. Look at his reaction when Celia was telling Haley it was time to get her butt out of Azure City. He was cheering her on.

Besides, he and the Oracle said it best: It was the fall that killed him. Celia had no part to play in his death.

Basically:

PROUD AT:
1. Elan
2. Haley
3. Durkon
4. Vaarsuvius
5. Celia

ANGRY AT:
1. Vaarsuvius

ANGRY AT AND WILL EVICT FROM GROUP:
1. Belkar

WEE BIT ANNOYED BUT VERY MUCH LOVING AT:
1. Celia

Dervag
2008-09-30, 04:09 PM
I think that Celia would make Roy feel all better.Assuming that the effects of a True Resurrection are as thorough as I gather they are, I think you're probably right.

WalkingTarget
2008-09-30, 04:19 PM

Hmm, we haven't seen Roy since 572. That means we don't know for certain who he's been keeping tabs on since then (they hadn't started scrying again at that point) so most of the Elan/Therkla "romance", Kubota's death, and the misadventures of his own corpse might have escaped his notice.

Not that I think it likely that he's missed out on everything but I'm not counting on him being aware of everything either, so it's hard to judge what he's going to do when he's brought back.

Warren Dew
2008-09-30, 05:25 PM
Roy is a good manager and a good person. I don't think he'll waste much time on past events. I think he'll be focusing on how to keep Xykon and Redcloak from taking the next gate.

Eric
2008-09-30, 05:32 PM
Although Warren is mostly right, I think Roy may have some guilt over the fractures in the team. They were HIS responsibility and he let them down.

Hopefully his epiphany with his dad in the afterlife will help him weather that problem.

Theodoriph
2008-09-30, 05:59 PM
Who says Roy has been watching the whole time? Standing there for months and months on end must get pretty boring. =P He may have gone back to playing D&D.

Frenzied_Berz
2008-09-30, 07:05 PM
Who says Roy has been watching the whole time? Standing there for months and months on end must get pretty boring. =P He may have gone back to playing D&D.

To him time goes faster.

Wreckingrocc
2008-09-30, 07:08 PM
Who cares about Roy? He's dead. I don't care about him. The Giant managed to throw his character out the window :smallfrown:

I hope he comes back soon so I can remember he exists.

Charles Phipps
2008-09-30, 07:26 PM
Who cares about Roy? He's dead. I don't care about him. The Giant managed to throw his character out the window :smallfrown:

I hope he comes back soon so I can remember he exists.

Odd reaction.

How so?

ericgrau
2008-09-30, 08:31 PM
You mean "how does he feel?", since he's still watching.

Theodoriph
2008-09-30, 09:22 PM
To him time goes faster.

It doesn't go faster for him. He loses perception of it in Celestia where he's immersed in a pleasurable activities and has no way of measuring time. Time didn't go any faster, he just didn't notice it passing. He is no longer in Celestia, or immersed in a pleasurable activity (unless he's playing D&D again). And if he were scrying on them...he would easily be able to measure the passage of night and day.

Furthermore, the last time we saw Roy doing anything (before visiting the oracle), he was playing D&D. When he got back, Eugene was playing D&D. Since he needs Eugene to scry for him...well, and given both facts...it's quite likely he simply went back to playing D&D.

dps
2008-09-30, 09:55 PM
We haven't really seen him scry on the fleet, so we have no reason to assume that he has any idea what V, Elan, and Durkon have been doing.

FujinAkari
2008-09-30, 09:57 PM
I think we have no reason to assume Roy is scrying at the moment, so he won't feel anything at all.

Linkavitch
2008-10-01, 02:11 PM
I think that Celia would make Roy feel all better.

Hehe. Roy will be mad at V and Belkar, understand Elan, Celia and Durkon, and then go kick Xykon's butt.

factotum
2008-10-01, 02:18 PM
We don't know that Roy is even watching this particular side plot--even if he retains his memories on being raised (unlikely) he won't necessarily have any memory of Elan and V's shenanigans to retain!

quick_comment
2008-10-01, 02:22 PM
I think, overall, Roy might end up feeling somewhat superfluous. Haley has become just as effective a leader, despite her alignment, class characteristics and general personality. And Elan has become seriously badass, and could well end up surpassing Roy in the Hero/Fighter department. And depending on how long he stays dead, he may end up being the lowest level member of the Order. He isn't gaining XP with the rest of them while he's dead.

Yoyoyo
2008-10-01, 03:49 PM
I think it depends on who is with Roy when he returns, most likely Haley and Celia (and hopefully Belkar). They'll get the biggest props for actually bringing him back to life. When he finally sees Elan's development, I think Roy will be shocked at how much Elan has improved and grown into something of a leadership role. Haley should be surprised at Elan's development too, for that matter.

I doubt he'll have any lectures to give V, unless s/he does something absolutely crazy, like really attack Elan.