PDA

View Full Version : PBP Games

Wukei
2005-06-09, 06:11 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem a little unfair that someone with 1 post has an IC game already started because he didn't recruit here, he just joined OotS boards so that he and his high school buddies could game?

Make your own forum or play on table top like everyone else, I say!

RawBearNYC
2005-06-09, 06:34 PM
I'm not sure why this bothers you. There are plenty of free resources better suited to pbp games, but this person choses to be part of this community. There's always a chance that this person and his players will become active, contributing members. Is it such a big deal why they joined?

Wukei
2005-06-09, 06:39 PM
I don't know, to me it seems just as bad as spammers. It seems like they want nothing more to do with the board or the comic strip other than to just use the OOC thread for their one little group. They didn't even offer to let the multitude of people on the forum that have been trying to get into a game join.

HempRope
2005-06-10, 02:53 PM
Well, it's not like they're using a huge amount of webspace or anything. Two threads is a pretty small amount of data to host here.

Furthermore, there is no obligation for them to let other gamers join here. One of the most loveable parts of GitP, as far as I'm concerned, is that we have no protocol. Unless they do something to disrupt the community, I consider them harmless, if not helpful. Besides, as RawBear argues, they may be pulled into the rest of the forums. (They do have a nice aroma.)

Ikkitosen
2005-06-13, 06:25 AM
Yeah, quite a few people start games and already have players, only asking for more from the crowd if they can't find enough by whatever other channels they have. These people clearly already knew enough gamers, so more power to 'em!