2008-09-30, 06:37 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26956958/?gt1=43001

Two words. Bad. Ass.

BanjoTheClown
2008-09-30, 06:47 PM
Thats just.. Awesome.

chiasaur11
2008-09-30, 06:49 PM
I say we give the man an honorary Cyrano de Bergerac award for excellence in badassery.

reorith
2008-09-30, 06:50 PM
pics or it didn't happen. i think we've all heard enough fishing stories to be skeptical of the "5-foot shark" claim.

ocato
2008-09-30, 06:52 PM
I'm reminded of the Bill Engval joke where the coyote hops the fence and tries to get at the little dog and then the big dog knocks the coyote silly. Every so often the coyotes are seen in the street and he imagines one saying to the other. "No no, not that house. See the little dog? He's just the bait."

Somewhere in the ocean the same exchange is going on.

wxdruid
2008-09-30, 06:54 PM
They had the dog on CNN today. Quite interesting, had little drains sticking out near it's stomach.

zeratul
2008-09-30, 06:58 PM
pics or it didn't happen. i think we've all heard enough fishing stories to be skeptical of the "5-foot shark" claim.

To be be fair, five foot is actually rather small/average shark size. Given that the largest variety grows to be upwards of fifty feet (the whale shark) so if anything it would have been one modest fish story.

loves_to_laugh
2008-09-30, 07:39 PM
Wow. That man rocks. Though I am surprised the shark didn't just eat the dog whole. The dog is certainly small enough.

Silence
2008-09-30, 07:42 PM
Bad. Effing. Ass.

Copacetic
2008-09-30, 07:45 PM
I propose we give the man a minor bad-ass license.

Pandaren
2008-09-30, 07:47 PM
Wow, what interesting informative stories the media tells us these days.

EvilElitest
2008-09-30, 08:21 PM
i don't know much about sharks, but isn't 5 feet not that big?
from
EE

TigerHunter
2008-09-30, 08:31 PM
i don't know much about sharks, but isn't 5 feet not that big?
from
EE
Compared to other sharks? No.

But that's like saying a bazooka isn't that deadly compared to an ICBM.

Zeful
2008-09-30, 08:47 PM
Compared to other sharks? No.

But that's like saying a bazooka isn't that deadly compared to an ICBM.

Except punching an ICBM in nose won't disarm it. Punching a shark in the nose will make it run away, except maybe the bigger ones capable of swallowing you whole. The nose of a shark is believed to be as sensitive as the human scrotum or ****oris (I think). It's roughly the same sensation to the shark as getting punched in those areas is for a human (again I think).
It's a medical term

FoE
2008-09-30, 08:52 PM
Except punching an ICBM in nose won't disarm it. Punching a shark in the nose will make it run away, except maybe the bigger ones capable of swallowing you whole.

Point taken, but I could punch the guy preparing to launch the ICBM. That stops the missle as well, at least temporarily, and it gives me enough time to pull out my gun, shoot the guy and save the President's daughter.

Thus we have demonstrated that both sharks and missles share key weaknesses. I hope you've learned an important lesson. :smalltongue:

Moff Chumley
2008-09-30, 08:53 PM
Badass. Just awesome.

UncleWolf
2008-09-30, 08:54 PM
I'm reminded of the Bill Engval joke where the coyote hops the fence and tries to get at the little dog and then the big dog knocks the coyote silly. Every so often the coyotes are seen in the street and he imagines one saying to the other. "No no, not that house. See the little dog? He's just the bait."

Somewhere in the ocean the same exchange is going on.

The little dog being bait is what happens at my house. We have a really big and scary dog that runs off any predator near us. One of my neighbors has said that when he was chasing a few Coyotes off of his property, they would rather run at him and his shotgun than get within 500ft of my house. They broke like water hitting a rock.

On the shark thing: Awesome.

Zeful
2008-09-30, 09:12 PM
Thus we have demonstrated that both sharks and missles share key weaknesses. I hope you've learned an important lesson. :smalltongue:

I'm sigging this if you don't mind.

chiasaur11
2008-09-30, 09:27 PM
Point taken, but I could punch the guy preparing to launch the ICBM. That stops the missle as well, at least temporarily, and it gives me enough time to pull out my gun, shoot the guy and save the President's daughter.

Depends on who's punching the missile, really.

You or me, sure it wouldn't work.

Dr McNinja, however...

Hell Puppi
2008-09-30, 09:32 PM
Or, you know, Chuck Norris.

Hey someone was gonna say it eventually....

chiasaur11
2008-09-30, 09:48 PM
Or, you know, Chuck Norris.

Hey someone was gonna say it eventually....

Stop being silly.
He would kick it.

TheThan
2008-09-30, 10:26 PM

why you need a knife in a nuke fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV3CrqyxJGI)
Wait for it…

de-trick
2008-09-30, 10:31 PM
SICK, u dont kick the rocket, u snip the wire.

QUICK!!, pick a wire to cut red, blue or green, pick the wrong on and it blows

Unique
2008-09-30, 10:34 PM
Heh... I want to be half that awesome someday.

Only I ain['t svin no rat terrier. To be fair, I wouldn't save my cat from a shark like that either...

skywalker
2008-09-30, 11:18 PM
I like the anecdote that the dog doesn't like swimming pools.

The hell?!

Also, who contacted the news about this story?

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-30, 11:19 PM
I pity da foo who try to hurt this mans dog.

Ilena
2008-10-01, 08:23 AM
Hey, id give my life for my horse easy, and if he got attacked by a shark (never going to happen ... and if it did theres something terribly wrong ...) id easily do it even at the cost of my own life, and as said above .... I pity da foo who trys to hurt my horses, and id probly jump in to save an animal from a shark too ... just gota hit its eyes and its ouita there, its a preditor and losing the use of its eyes is deadly to it,

CrazedGoblin
2008-10-01, 10:19 AM
why you need a knife in a nuke fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV3CrqyxJGI)
Wait for it…

hahaha :smallbiggrin:

truemane
2008-10-01, 10:30 AM
Man, oh man. I'm not sure if that's heroism or stupidity. I like my dog okay. She's cute and she snuggles with me while I'm playing video games, but if that story was about me it would read "Heartless B*stard Let's Shark Chow Down on His Doggie Because He's Got too Much to Live for to Risk his Life over a Freaking Dog."

I mean, five feet mught be smaller than that shark in Jaws, but that's still FIVE FEET OF SHARK.

mangosta71
2008-10-01, 11:33 AM
The dog was in the shark's territory. I would have let it die. But then, I've always seen the removal of stupid individuals as an improvement of the species. Plus, I'm a cat person.