PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e Feat] Blessed Cavalier

Fax Celestis
2008-09-30, 06:53 PM
Blessed Cavalier
Prerequisites: Knight's Challenge class feature, Special Mount class feature
Benefit: Your paladin and knight levels stack when determining the power of your special mount and when determining your paladin caster level.

Your paladin and knight levels also stack when determining the number of uses of your Knight's Challenge ability.

Lastly, you may freely multi-class between the paladin and knight classes.

When utilizing the HiSB Paladin: remove "Special Mount class feature" requirement; add "Alliance mantle or Communion mantle" requirement; remove multi-classing note.

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2008-09-30, 07:01 PM
In the vein of Ascetic X, eh? But for what might be an even more unfairly disused class. I do like Knights.

I don't see any particular balance issues, considering the two classes involved.

Fax Celestis
2008-09-30, 07:06 PM
In the vein of Ascetic X, eh? But for what might be an even more unfairly disused class. I do like Knights.

I don't see any particular balance issues, considering the two classes involved.

The one issue I can potentially see is the caster level stacking, but paladins are halfcasters and it doesn't actually progress their spells-per-day.

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2008-09-30, 07:14 PM
Yes; the double-whammy of 'no progression of DCs or spells per day' makes Paladin/Knight a really terrible choice.

Progressing the DC/CL, but not the spell levels, makes it, though not powerful, at least somewhat workable.

Mr.Bookworm
2008-09-30, 07:59 PM
Like it.

I am AFB right at the moment, but can Knight's Challenge be used with a mount?

Fax Celestis
2008-09-30, 08:02 PM
Like it.

I am AFB right at the moment, but can Knight's Challenge be used with a mount?

Yes, it can.

Mr.Bookworm
2008-09-30, 08:19 PM
Yes, it can.

Excellent. Otherwise, it wouldn't be much use.

Though wouldn't challenging a guy on the ground be a little...

Unsportsmanlike?

Anyway, you going to do any more feats in the Knight/Paladin synergy vein?