PDA

View Full Version : I believe I am on my 53+ hour of being a awake. How long can I possibly last?

newbDM
2008-09-30, 09:17 PM
It seems my hormones are kicking in again, so I am noy slightly tired again and don't think I will be going to bed tonight (10:15pm here). My eyes are just a bit blurry from being on the Mac screen so long.

So, how long do you think I can possibly keep going?

What is your record?

Renegade Paladin
2008-09-30, 09:19 PM
My record is 36 hours, and it was out of utter necessity. Go to sleep; what you're doing is not healthy.

Fan
2008-09-30, 09:19 PM
4 Days August 13 5:27 Pm, to August 17th 8:59 Pm... It was a grind, and a contest at the time, so I busied myself with trying to become lvl 99 with all chars on all my FF games.

Vizen
2008-09-30, 09:20 PM
Hmm...Im not sure how long my record is exactly, though about a week ago I was awake for 34 hours. Next day I ate last nights dinner and threw up 6 times (Reheated mussels = DO NOT EAT).

Still, I swear I've been awake longer then that before.

TigerHunter
2008-09-30, 09:23 PM
Go to bed. Now.

That's a direct order.

Mr. Moon
2008-09-30, 09:24 PM
Go to sleep; what you're doing is not healthy.

*points* What he said. Starring at a screen is not going to help you get sleepy. Go have a banana and milk.

Zakama
2008-09-30, 09:26 PM
(Reheated mussels = DO NOT EAT)

Oh geez... *pukes* :smalleek:

Also yeah, go to bed.

Em Blackleaf
2008-09-30, 09:41 PM
Go to sleeeep, go to sleeeep, go to sleeep little baaabyyyy
Because not sleeping is baaaaaaad.
Go lay down riiight nowwww.

Do what my song says. If that doesn't work, I think I'm going to have to hypnotize you! *Sways gold pocket watch back and forth*
You are getting sleeeeepy... *Yawns* Sleeeepy...

Flickerdart
2008-09-30, 09:42 PM
My record ran, I think, 36 hours for the Moscow -> Toronto flight, but travel is a lot more exhausting than sitting at home. XD

Volug
2008-09-30, 09:45 PM
I stayed awake all night to do a non-stop run of Ocarina of Time.

I don't know how long that was.

Collin152
2008-09-30, 09:47 PM
So.
Let us talk about what you're doing.
Either you crash and sleep at a bad time, or die.
Ergo, what you're doing is bad.
Please, sleep now.
Look down the left column, if you diddn't catch it yet.

UncleWolf
2008-09-30, 09:47 PM
My record was at the very least 48hrs(possibly up to 72hrs) straight non-stop. The only reason for that was the fact that I had to travel by plane from Maryland USA to Seoul, South Korea. There were a lot of lay overs, delays and everything like that. The way back was about the same length. we ended up living through the same Thursday two times. (I am a day older than I am supposed to be due to the International Date Line.:smalltongue:). I just could not sleep on the plane or in the terminals.
Go to sleep, you need it.

Mr. Mud
2008-09-30, 09:49 PM
I believe my longest attempt was 42 hours back this august... Gotta love Olympic Gymnastics :smallbiggrin:.

But, If this counts in any way shape or form, I did stay up 134 hours with noly 3:24 hours of sleep... Don't try that. :smalltongue:

Oh and...

TAKING BETS HE CAN'T TOP 75 HOURS! :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Em, when I read your post I actually had a huge yawn... And, now, I'm extremely scared... Did Colin pass along the bag of magic? :smalleek:

Zeful
2008-09-30, 09:50 PM
You have roughly 115 hours (4.667 days) before you should start hallucinating, after that, you'll simply die from lack of sleep. I suggest eating a big meal and just lying in your bed reading, you may not fall asleep, but your will give your body a better rest than staying awake in front of the computer will.

Note; If this is a recurring problem get a set of full spectrum lightbulbs and a dimmer, set your bedroom to a twilight/dusk light level. It'll mimic the sunset and cause your body to start shutting down naturally.

UncleWolf
2008-09-30, 09:54 PM
The Legionaries from the French Foreign Legion experienced something like this in some of their battles. They ended up dropping like flies without warning due to endocrine shock. Their bodies just pumped in too many hormones without ways to get rid of excess ones. This may happen after (my guess) 6 days.

Seriously, Go to sleep now. You will wake up with a severe headache, but this isn't healthy. Has this happened before?
Also: How old are you?

streakster
2008-09-30, 09:57 PM
Here you are. (http://www.cspan.org/watch/cs_cspan2_rm.asp?Cat=TV&Code=CS2) Watch it all, mind.

Be sure to do this in bed. Just turn your screen toward bed, turn this on, and watch.

UncleWolf
2008-09-30, 09:59 PM
Here you are. (http://www.cspan.org/watch/cs_cspan2_rm.asp?Cat=TV&Code=CS2) Watch it all, mind.

Be sure to do this in bed. Just turn your screen toward bed, turn this on, and watch.

Heh. That is pretty funny. I used to watch golf but I stopped after I started to understand it.

Mr. Mud
2008-09-30, 10:01 PM
Heh. That is pretty funny. I used to watch golf but I stopped after I started to understand it.

Funny, I started to use golf after I began to understand it... Sorry Tiger :smallbiggrin:.

DeathQuaker
2008-09-30, 10:01 PM
You have roughly 115 hours (4.667 days) before you should start hallucinating, after that, you'll simply die from lack of sleep. I suggest eating a big meal and just lying in your bed reading, you may not fall asleep, but your will give your body a better rest than staying awake in front of the computer will.

Agree with everything other than eating a big meal right before going to bed. (Well, I don't have to agree with the hallucinations and death--that's just a fact of the human body.) Not good for the gastrointestinal system (gives me horrible heartburn) and there are some medical studies that indicate it's not great for your cardiovascular system.

That said, there's something to be said for ye old warm milk (or anything else containing tryptophan).

Note; If this is a recurring problem get a set of full spectrum lightbulbs and a dimmer, set your bedroom to a twilight/dusk light level. It'll mimic the sunset and cause your body to start shutting down naturally.

Not to mention, this isn't normal anyway. See a Doctor. That's what they're there for. Continued insomnia can have some serious long term physical and mental health consequences (see again, hallucinations and death, amongst other things).

Renegade Paladin
2008-09-30, 10:03 PM

Watching it all? That's a live feed; it isn't going to stop. :smallamused:

And that would not work for me in any way, shape, or form, since I'd be too busy paying attention to go to sleep. :smalltongue: So sue me; you're talking to a guy who has the annual GAO government spending reports for the last decade in a folder on his comp as a spare time sort of thing.

streakster
2008-09-30, 10:03 PM
Watching it all? That's a live feed; it isn't going to stop. :smallamused:

Shhhhhhhhh!

UncleWolf
2008-09-30, 10:07 PM
That said, there's something to be said for ye old warm milk (or anything else containing tryptophan).

If you have turkey eat a ton of it and you should start feeling tired.

And really, How old are you? If you are just hitting Puberty then it could possibly explained, but otherwise, see a doctor because this shouldn't be happening.

The endocrine shock thing will end up killing you if you stay up too long and stress yourself too much.

Collin152
2008-09-30, 10:11 PM
If you have turkey eat a ton of it and you should start feeling tired.

And really, How old are you? If you are just hitting Puberty then it could possibly explained, but otherwise, see a doctor because this shouldn't be happening.

The endocrine shock thing will end up killing you if you stay up too long and stress yourself too much.

Tryptophane does not work that way!
Not with Turkey, anyways.

UncleWolf
2008-09-30, 10:12 PM
Tryptophane does not work that way!
Not with Turkey, anyways.

SHHHHHH!!!
There is something called the Power of Suggestion. Or WAS at any rate.

Innis Cabal
2008-09-30, 10:14 PM
After 4 days you start going insane. 10 days, and your risking death. More then that...your in very big trouble

Collin152
2008-09-30, 10:15 PM
SHHHHHH!!!
There is something called the Power of Suggestion. Or WAS at any rate.

Look to my earlier post to see how that really works.
Carefully.

zeratul
2008-09-30, 10:16 PM
Yeah dude I mean all nighters are fun, but more than 48 is a bad idea given that in a lot of ways even 24 without sleep is a bad idea.

Ranis
2008-09-30, 10:18 PM
There's a part of your brain that regulates your circadian rhythms, basically what tells your hypothalamus to release the proper hormones for sleepiness and awakeness based on the time of day, aka the sun. It's a part of your genetic code and fighting it is one of the unhealthiest things you can possibly do, and it can cause irreparable damage to your entire nervous system.

Go to sleep. Now.

UncleWolf
2008-09-30, 10:23 PM
Look to my earlier post to see how that really works.
Carefully.

*looks @ above post*
Heh. I was going for a more subtle approach but that works just as well. Still, neither will work if the person has no common sense though.

Edit: Nevermind yours was much more subtle. *bows before you*

Collin152
2008-09-30, 10:25 PM
*looks @ above post*
Heh. I was going for a more subtle approach but that works just as well. Still, neither will work if the person has no common sense though.

Edit: Nevermind yours was much more subtle. *bows before you*

Bwahahaha!
Layered messaging works best, my apprentice.

UncleWolf
2008-09-30, 10:34 PM
Bwahahaha!
Layered messaging works best, my apprentice.

Write it in Haiku. Until then, its not the best. Go and try again.
:smallbiggrin:

PS. I am NO ONE'S apprentice. I am my own master and no one masters me.

newbDM
2008-09-30, 10:36 PM
Because not sleeping is baaaaaaad.
Go lay down riiight nowwww.

Do what my song says. If that doesn't work, I think I'm going to have to hypnotize you! *Sways gold pocket watch back and forth*
You are getting sleeeeepy... *Yawns* Sleeeepy...

I appreciate it guys (and gals!). That is very sweet. :smallsmile:

However, don't worry about it. As a lifelong insomniac with two other sleep problems this is not unusual.

i just want to see how long I can keep going. Plus I am currently doing some online college tests. So far all 76/100+!

UncleWolf
2008-09-30, 10:37 PM
Good luck. You'll need it.

newbDM
2008-09-30, 10:41 PM
Good luck. You'll need it.

Eh. I am getting my third sleep study done on the 8th for my sleep apnea.

When you have lived your life still feeling tired even after getting 12+ hours of sleep, it kind of makes you accustomed to your body feeling like this.

Collin152
2008-09-30, 10:41 PM
Write it in Haiku. Until then, its not the best. Go and try again.
:smallbiggrin:

PS. I am NO ONE'S apprentice. I am my own master and no one masters me.

I never specified you!
I could have been talking to anyone!

*shifty eyes*
*scratches name off a list*

Jade Falcon
2008-09-30, 10:43 PM
My record was 2,5 days for a LAN party a few years ago. Home again I nearly collapsed and slept for 18 hours straight. Not a pleasant experience :smallwink:

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-30, 10:54 PM
Eh, I generally go anywhere from 18 to 36 hours between sleeping. And never sleep less than 10 hours at a time. I have honestly had 2 sleeping pills in my system at 4AM and not been able to sleep. So you're not bad yet, but try to fall asleep soon, please. The pink elephants want it.

skywalker
2008-09-30, 11:02 PM
I think I've only ever stayed awake for maybe 24hrs. I'm not sure. I've stayed up until about 11AM twice but I can't remember when I got up the day before, I think 11AM is probably the earliest I could've gotten up. At the time, driving is dangerous and even after drinking a triple mocha(that's 6 shots of espresso, kids) I simply crashed upon arriving in a non-driving situation.

As noted earlier, tryptophan does not work that way. Turkey actually contains no more tryptophan than any other food, we simply tend to consume much more of it(and other foods) at Thanksgiving than otherwise. After that, we probably start to associate turkey psychologically to falling asleep. I wonder if it otherwise has something to do with being surrounded by family(more relaxed?) and old people(who I'm convinced keep their houses conditioned to induce naps).

Silence
2008-10-01, 07:41 AM
My record draws at 106 hours, 45 minutes.

Whoah...

mangosta71
2008-10-01, 10:04 AM
You do realize that you can die from not sleeping, right?

Telonius
2008-10-01, 10:11 AM
My record ran, I think, 36 hours for the Moscow -> Toronto flight, but travel is a lot more exhausting than sitting at home. XD

Mine was 34 hours getting to a redeye flight from (either Stuttgart or Munich) to Washington.

I kept a journal, turned it into a short story called "Transit."

One particularly memorable item was a hallucination that I was seeing a robot gorilla swinging on a powercord through the tree-like rafters of Stuttgart's airport.

:smalleek:

Cubey
2008-10-01, 10:17 AM
I don't get many people who posted in this thread. It's not that the OP doesn't want to go to sleep. Saying "go to sleep, NOW!!!1!" won't help.

It's like if someone made a thread "I believe I am on my 48th hour of not eating anything, because my fridge is empty, I'm out of money and my paycheck comes in 3 days" and everyone would jump in to respond "Not eating will kill you! Have a huge feast at this exact very second. That's an order, mister!".

UncleWolf
2008-10-01, 10:26 AM
Mine was 34 hours getting to a redeye flight from (either Stuttgart or Munich) to Washington.

I kept a journal, turned it into a short story called "Transit."

One particularly memorable item was a hallucination that I was seeing a robot gorilla swinging on a powercord through the tree-like rafters of Stuttgart's airport.

:smalleek:

That is rather disturbing. Are you sure you took your meds for the day? :smalltongue:

Renegade Paladin
2008-10-01, 11:29 AM
I don't get many people who posted in this thread. It's not that the OP doesn't want to go to sleep. Saying "go to sleep, NOW!!!1!" won't help.
Actually, it sounds exactly like the OP doesn't want to go to sleep. "How long can I keep going?" is the sort of question one asks when one intends to find out.

Mauve Shirt
2008-10-01, 11:55 AM
Reading this thread is making me sleepy.

Mordokai
2008-10-01, 11:59 AM
I'd try doing something similar, but work gets in the way :smalltongue: And I just like my weekend sleep ins too much. Well, if you can call sleeping 'till 9 AM sleep in.

Eh, you know it's bad for you. If you decide to stay up for so long, nothing we say can stop you. Consider getting to bed soon in any case. Or else you may start hallucinating and you wouldn't like that, would you? :smalltongue:

Thufir
2008-10-01, 02:21 PM
The longest I've ever stayed up is 36 hours, out of necessity. I was doing physics coursework all night, then had school, and was playing chess in the evening. By the time I got home I thought 36 would be a neat number to hit, so I timed my going to bed very carefully.

Kuma Da
2008-10-01, 02:46 PM
Fun fact: staying up for longer than three days starts to cause permanent biochemical changes in the brain. These are not healthy changes. Do not stay up for longer than three days.

-

While I have not stayed awake for three days continuous, I have managed three days with a bare minimum of coma-naps. It was during a trip from Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan to the northeastern US. By the end of it my thoughts were an utter mess ("Hello, Mr. Turtle. Are you friendlyful? Boku wa cho otsukareta rabbits. Meeeeeeeeer,") and I was trying to curl up and sleep on some of New York's most uncomfortable airport benches.

The moral of the story is that flights that take more than 12 hours to reach their destination should not have chairs. They should have beds.

Also, sleeping is good.

Edit: oh, hey. Some helpful advice. If you're having trouble getting to sleep, the following are things that help me a lot.

1) Chamomile tea. It won't knock you out, but it will make you feel more relaxed. Which is usually just the ticket when you're able to get to sleep.

2) Warm milk and honey. More soporific than chamomile tea. Also delicious.

3) Turkey. For whatever reason, the meat of the turkey is imbued with sleepy-chemicals. That's the science behind the Thanksgiving post-turkey coma, at least. While I have never gotten myself to sleep by eating turkey, I would imagine that it helps.

4) Exercise. Being physically tired makes such a difference when it comes to sleeping. Doing a set of push-ups or whatever is way more effective than milk/turkey/tea. Going hiking during the day, or fencing, or whatever, is guaranteed to make you sleep deeply.

5) Mental techniques. Generally, not being able to get to sleep is a direct result of being tense/apprehensive/or simply bored during the day. Therefore, if you can shove all of that tension aside, you can fall asleep pretty easily. I do not recommend counting sheep, since that's boring and usually causes my mind to wander. Instead, focus on pushing all everything in your mind down to your feet and forcing it to stay there. I don't know why this works, but it does.

arguskos
2008-10-01, 03:04 PM
Urr... personal record was 81 hours. I didn't enjoy it, but I just could not sleep. I then understood what my friend meant when he said he wished he didn't have insomnia. These days, my wakefulness tends to cap out at around 14-17 hours.

-argus

Forderz
2008-10-01, 03:24 PM
Man, sometimes when I work the morning shift on Saturday, I pull an all-nighter on Friday, while constantly berating myself for doing so. When I'm on till, I have the craziest thoughts, and I'm pretty sure I either experience micro-naps (naps of milliseconds in length) or the illusion of time slowing. Because I swear I can stare at people for what feels like 10 seconds before they even begin to move. Hallucinations are common, and as soon as I think of ANYTHING, i'm stuck on that tangent for at least 30 seconds. One memorable hallucination was a recreation of this NSFW, Not safe for Humanity (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=223). At a dollar store.

skywalker
2008-10-01, 04:00 PM
Fun fact: staying up for longer than three days starts to cause permanent biochemical changes in the brain. These are not healthy changes. Do not stay up for longer than three days.

-

While I have not stayed awake for three days continuous, I have managed three days with a bare minimum of coma-naps. It was during a trip from Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan to the northeastern US. By the end of it my thoughts were an utter mess ("Hello, Mr. Turtle. Are you friendlyful? Boku wa cho otsukareta rabbits. Meeeeeeeeer,") and I was trying to curl up and sleep on some of New York's most uncomfortable airport benches.

The moral of the story is that flights that take more than 12 hours to reach their destination should not have chairs. They should have beds.

Also, sleeping is good.

Edit: oh, hey. Some helpful advice. If you're having trouble getting to sleep, the following are things that help me a lot.

1) Chamomile tea. It won't knock you out, but it will make you feel more relaxed. Which is usually just the ticket when you're able to get to sleep.

2) Warm milk and honey. More soporific than chamomile tea. Also delicious.

3) Turkey. For whatever reason, the meat of the turkey is imbued with sleepy-chemicals. That's the science behind the Thanksgiving post-turkey coma, at least. While I have never gotten myself to sleep by eating turkey, I would imagine that it helps.

4) Exercise. Being physically tired makes such a difference when it comes to sleeping. Doing a set of push-ups or whatever is way more effective than milk/turkey/tea. Going hiking during the day, or fencing, or whatever, is guaranteed to make you sleep deeply.

5) Mental techniques. Generally, not being able to get to sleep is a direct result of being tense/apprehensive/or simply bored during the day. Therefore, if you can shove all of that tension aside, you can fall asleep pretty easily. I do not recommend counting sheep, since that's boring and usually causes my mind to wander. Instead, focus on pushing all everything in your mind down to your feet and forcing it to stay there. I don't know why this works, but it does.

Turkey still does not work that way!

But Chamomile(My ex-gf's dad called it "slam-a-while") does. Wonderously.

Does everyone have trouble sleeping on planes? I've been able to fall asleep in coach in the middle of the day easily, on a barely 3hr flight with the sun shining in on my face from the window. Comments?

Silence
2008-10-01, 04:02 PM
You do realize that you can die from not sleeping, right?

It has to be a LONG time. Like, weeks.

streakster
2008-10-01, 04:04 PM
It has to be a LONG time. Like, weeks.

10 days. Not weeks.

Setra
2008-10-01, 04:04 PM
You realize the amount of "sleepy-chemicals" in turkey is small at best, and I'm pretty sure it's gone once cooked.

Last I checked the Post-Thanksgiving day coma is due to eating so much, especially all the carbs.

On another note my record is a little under five days... not sure on exact but if I had to wager a guess it'd be about 110-115 hours.

Wraithy
2008-10-01, 04:05 PM
I was going to say 42 hours, but then I realised I had a 45 minute nap in the changing room before I had to go on stage in the play I was in, bringing the total down to 34 hours.
Its not much, but considering during this period I had to act in two plays and do normal college work. I only managed because of those godawful energy drinks, the type I'll never drink again thank you very much.

Destro_Yersul
2008-10-01, 04:07 PM
10 days. Not weeks.

I thought 11 was the death mark? Either way, you can stretch it longer if you get a little here and there, but not sleeping is generally bad for you. My record is 32 hours, and that's because I find it nigh impossible to refrain from lying down after that long. If I lie down, I fall asleep.

I'm annoyed at that, because I was aiming for 36.

Shadic
2008-10-01, 10:25 PM
72 hours is what I managed... I should try and break that at some point.

Arrogonios
2008-10-02, 12:29 AM
I'm curious as to who runs these studies. Who exactly says:

'You. Stay awake as long as you can.'
.................................................. .................................................. ......
'Ten days?'
"Yupp. He just keeled over. He started dozing at around three days, but every time his eyes closed for more than a second, we zapped him with a cattle prod then drizzled espresso directly into his veins."
'So ten days?'
"Yupp."

Anyways, I don't have the best sleeping habits either. On the weekdays, I generally get about an hour a night, and then conk out for the entire weekend. My best is still...*tries to remember*...Ah, 67 hours. I became addicted to green tea over the summer....:smalleek:

Zanthur
2008-10-04, 12:15 AM
Honestly, I like food. Quite a bit. However I like sleep a whole lot more. If I go much more than 18 hours without sleep I get real slow and tend to drift off when I sit stationary for more than about 5 minutes. Problem being that I dont normally more than 6 to 7 hours of sleep a night and am tired constantly. Like right now, I got up at 10:30 this morning and its only 1:13 am and I'm about to fall asleep in my chair. When I get really tired, most of the stuff I write doesnt make sense. So if this post doesnt make sense, dont think too hard over it.

EmeraldRose
2008-10-04, 11:00 AM
I'm not sure how long it was now, as we weren't keeping track, but it was gaming starting on Friday night and going through the weekend. Granted it was mostly giggling until we cried by the end, and not much actual gaming anymore...though we did have some very impressive coke can towers...

Felixaar
2008-10-04, 06:16 PM
hard to tell due to time zones, but something around 32 hours.

Kuma Da
2008-10-04, 06:26 PM
Wow. Comment withdrawn on the turkey thing.

I know the chemicals do have a negligible effect, but that can be amped up a lot with the power of placebo (studies show placebo is 30% of outcomes. Not sure if I believe that, but it's still a pretty crazy number.) Same goes for chamomile tea, echinacea, and a lot of other stuff.

FoE
2008-10-04, 06:27 PM
I used to pull all-nighters every once in a while, but I'm determined to stop the habit, as I believe it was slowly killing me.

Collin152
2008-10-04, 06:28 PM
I used to pull all-nighters every once in a while, but I'm determined to stop the habit, as I believe it was slowly killing me.

Living is slowly killing you.

Zakama
2008-10-04, 09:26 PM
So....

You HAVE slept since you started this topic, right?

Rogue 7
2008-10-04, 09:56 PM
Living is slowly killing you.

"...you're shorter of breath, one day closer to death!"

Raistlin1040
2008-10-04, 09:57 PM
Insomnia. It leads to odd things.

Longest ever time up at once, 36 hours. But I once went four days on 8 hours of sleep, broken up into roughly 2 hours a night, due to just not being tired enough to need a lot of sleep.

I can't go 2 days with no sleep, but a small amount of sleep, even just a little catnap gives me enough energy to get through a day.

Lupy
2008-10-05, 11:03 AM
Insomnia sucks. Thank god for Melatonin in a bottle. :smallwink: My record is 30 hours I think, and I wish you not-to-die OP.

Arrogonios
2008-10-05, 11:35 AM
Anyone here ever seen the movie Fight Club? Insomnia does some crazy things, man...

Mad Scientist
2008-10-05, 12:05 PM
I have a routine that helps me sleep on those nights when my body is tired, but my brain is still going top speed. You know, if you're too worried/excited about something to sleep. I don't think this would work for airplanes or other travel situations because there are too many distractions.
First, lay down in a comfy sleep position. Take ten really slow, deep breaths to center yourself. Inhale for a count of ten and exhale for a count of ten. Really focus on feeling the air moving in and out. Then, shift your focus to your toes (just trust me). Then I start this little chant in my head
"the toes, the toes,
the tired, tired toes,
the sleep-heavy toes,
the toes"
You should feel your toes go all relaxed. Then focus on your feet and continue
"the feet, the feet,
the tired, tired feet,
the sleep-heavy feet,
the feet and the toes"
And continue up your body, focusing on each body part as you name it (toes, feet, ankles, calves, knees, etc). Just add each body part to the last line of the chant so you end up going from your feet all the way to your head. One important tip: don't move once you've started. Don't stretch or scratch or yawn or you'll undo all the relaxing. Also, go through the chant nice and slowly in time with your breathing.
I can never make it all the way through the whole thing. I must just fall asleep in the middle.
I hope this is helpful for those of you who have trouble falling asleep.

Gem Flower
2008-10-05, 12:22 PM
My record's 48 hours. I only left my room three times for the washroom down the hall. What?:smallwink: I was reading an excellent book series.