PDA

View Full Version : Sid Meier's Railroads!

Zakama
2008-10-01, 12:23 AM
So far I've only played the demo, but I ordered it tonight and I'm really looking forward to it's arrival. Anyone else played it? Thoughts? Comments? Complaints?

Tirian
2008-10-01, 12:41 AM
If it's anything like the prequels, you're in for a treat. I think I learned European geography from all the time I spent playing Railroad Tycoon 2.

Storm Bringer
2008-10-01, 02:36 AM
It's quite a lot of fun, in a 'wii' sort of way rather than as a 'Serious' Sim.

You may have noticed that it simplifys the basics of railroad control in order to speed up gameplay and boarden appeal. the maps are...somwhat distorted, or at least england was. But it's fun, it has plenty of options, and the maps are varied enough that they offer a suprising amount of re-playability. Just be warned, if you turn the routing hardness up, the game gets quite a lot fiddlier.

The Evil Thing
2008-10-01, 02:51 AM
It's quite a fun game. It's obviously very simple but it was designed that way and works because of it. I'll mention that some of the mechanics can be a little dodgy at times and trains occasionally do very strange things and take very strange routes but as long as you don't try doing anything clever you'll be fine.