PDA

View Full Version : Dead Fantasy

The Evil Thing
2008-10-01, 05:10 AM
It seems some chap has taken some female characters from Dead or Alive and Final Fantasy and created a match between the two franchises.

Part 1 (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26451.html)
Part 2 (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32365.html)

This is from the guy who made Haloid, I believe.

Prustan
2008-10-01, 05:50 AM
Yes, it is, and I can't wait for him to post part 3. Brilliant stuff, though you need to completely disengage your 'that couldn't happen' sense.

Dihan
2008-10-01, 06:22 AM
In my opinion, it needs less FFX and more FFIX. Preferably Princess Garnet wielding rods and rackets, and occasionally summoning.

Tengu_temp
2008-10-01, 07:15 AM
Seen the first part long ago, unless some of the characters I actually care about appear in the second one I won't bother with it. Seriously, Final Fantasy has a lot of cool female characters and they only introduce Tifa from them? Lame.

The Evil Thing
2008-10-01, 08:40 AM
They add Rinoa with wings and some chick with a couple of keys.

Dihan
2008-10-01, 08:43 AM

Kairi with two keyblades. She really doesn't deserve to be in.

Haruki-kun
2008-10-01, 08:47 AM
Oh, yes, I'd seen this. Pretty awesome, isn't it?

Tengu_temp
2008-10-01, 08:57 AM

Then I'll pass. Rinoa is Miss Annoying.

Kaihaku
2008-10-01, 09:02 AM
First three comments...

Dude, this is 3-D knockers galore! Aaaaaaannnnnnnd some kick ass fighting =) (knockers!!!)

MONTY OUM!!!! YOU SHOULD ****ING MAKE VIDEOGAMES!!!! YOU WOULD RAPE ALL!!!! ****ING EPIC ONCE AGAIN!!!

that was the most epic thing ive seen in my life

:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

I so wish the following were real...

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/listen_to_yourself.png

Oregano
2008-10-01, 10:20 AM
Then I'll pass. Rinoa is Miss Annoying.

I agree, and the video she has a gunblade and angel wings and is like a god.:smallconfused:

And why the hell choose Kairi, where's Rosa, Rydia, Terra, Celes?

Good graphics though, the faces aren't too good but the combat looks awesome.

JadedDM
2008-10-04, 12:34 PM
And why the hell choose Kairi, where's Rosa, Rydia, Terra, Celes?

Probably because there are no 3D models of those characters? Plus, they're all super-deformed.

Oregano
2008-10-04, 12:37 PM
There is 3D models in the cutscenes for the 3D remakes, they all have these characters in them, and they're not superdeformed in them.

Maxymiuk
2008-10-04, 02:07 PM
Probably because there are no 3D models of those characters? Plus, they're all super-deformed.

If you read the author's commentary, he specifically states that he was going for women with weapons - and that he was actually having a hard time finding enough on the Dead or Alive side.

Drascin
2008-10-04, 02:53 PM
If you read the author's commentary, he specifically states that he was going for women with weapons - and that he was actually having a hard time finding enough on the Dead or Alive side.

Celes still works with that limitation - she's a magic knight, and I don't think they give you the knighthood thing without knowing how to swing a blade. Plus her main special ability is using her sword to act as a lightning rod for enemy spells, attracting and diffusing them harmlessly. And she has some pretty sweet attack stats. So she does have a sword, and she knows how to use it better than some of the people in the video did in their games, really :smalltongue:.

Terra too, but she's usually more on the "explode them" side, so, despite my fanboyism towards her, I can see why she got left out :smallwink:

Tengu_temp
2008-10-04, 02:57 PM

Yuffie has the most amusing (and therefore one of the coolest) weapons among female FF characters. Why didn't they include her? </fanboyism>

Nerd-o-rama
2008-10-04, 03:00 PM
I enjoyed it, and don't know why you guys are whining. I mean, I'd enjoy it more with Celes, yes, but it's still a ****ing amazing piece of animation.

Tengu_temp
2008-10-04, 03:11 PM
I'd say it's because at least half of the enjoyment is watching character you like fight. And if you don't care about all but one of them? Shrug.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-10-04, 03:15 PM
I might care if there was a plot, characterization, or game references in any way whatsoever. This is just mindless, beautiful violence. The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders could be starring in this and it wouldn't make a whit of difference to the film as a whole. Although that'd be confusing since they'd all look freakishly identical...

Drascin
2008-10-04, 03:17 PM
I enjoyed it, and don't know why you guys are whining. I mean, I'd enjoy it more with Celes, yes, but it's still a ****ing amazing piece of animation.

If you'll notice, I'm not whining, I'm nitpicking. Different things :smalltongue:. I can appreciate the video on the grounds of it being awesomely animated - and that it is -, even if I only care for one character there.

Jibar
2008-10-04, 03:24 PM
I'm siding with Nerd-O-Rama. I think it's fantastic simply because of the quality of it. I've seen films that can't match this amateur animator's level of quality.
I just didn't like Rinoa because her fightstyle was crap. :smalltongue:

shadowxknight
2008-10-04, 06:11 PM
I watched this about a year ago....or was it half a year?
It was so awesome I downloaded it and put it on my PSP to show everyone :smallbiggrin:

I'm surprised that Part 3 still isn't out though...

warty goblin
2008-10-04, 06:52 PM
Was cool, but prefered Haloid, particularly said's credit sequence.