PDA

View Full Version : Guldan v.s Dark Willow

ArlEammon
2008-10-01, 11:22 AM
Gul'Dan had entered into Earth through the Hellmouth, which had somehow connected to the Twisting Nether. On the other side, Willow was having her "famous tantrum". Sensing that something was interferring with her plans, she immediately decides to deal with the threat. However Guldan was warded magically from discovery. After weeks of study, both opponents discover eachother's abilities and powers.

Mewtarthio
2008-10-01, 07:43 PM
Your scenario is inherently flawed. Willow was only interested in killing Warren, Andrew, and Jonathan, as well as anyone else who dared oppose her (and Dawn, too, but who wouldn't kill Dawn given the opportunity?). She only decided to destroy the world after Giles "doped" her with non-Black magic and granted her an empathic connection to the world that she wanted gone. Thus, Willow never really had a "plan" to interfere with. The only way Gul'dan could draw her ire would be to attack her directly, or else to defend whoever she was focused on at the moment.

Also, I don't know about Gul'dan, but Willow's powers aren't clearly defined. We know she's extremely powerful relative to BtVS witches (she can teleport and mind-control vengeance demons, the former of which is really difficult and the latter of which was thought to be impossible), but BtVS witches are kind of like DnD wizards: They can do pretty much anything you can imagine, but they have to research the spell first (plus more gamebreaking effects require you to be higher "level").

ArlEammon
2008-10-01, 08:01 PM
Your scenario is inherently flawed. Willow was only interested in killing Warren, Andrew, and Jonathan, as well as anyone else who dared oppose her (and Dawn, too, but who wouldn't kill Dawn given the opportunity?). She only decided to destroy the world after Giles "doped" her with non-Black magic and granted her an empathic connection to the world that she wanted gone. Thus, Willow never really had a "plan" to interfere with. The only way Gul'dan could draw her ire would be to attack her directly, or else to defend whoever she was focused on at the moment.

Also, I don't know about Gul'dan, but Willow's powers aren't clearly defined. We know she's extremely powerful relative to BtVS witches (she can teleport and mind-control vengeance demons, the former of which is really difficult and the latter of which was thought to be impossible), but BtVS witches are kind of like DnD wizards: They can do pretty much anything you can imagine, but they have to research the spell first (plus more gamebreaking effects require you to be higher "level").

Ah. I see. I'll edit the OP... But... I maintain that this Guldan has not gotten enough press, and I would prefer to see the return of Guldan in another Warcraft installment. Guldan was defnitely an epic D&D wizard, and he had the power to claim the "most powerful Warlock" title in Warcraft.

Seraph
2008-10-01, 08:47 PM
willow can mind control people and teleport.

gul'dan cann rip holes in reality big enough for a seemingly endless army of demons, devils, and eldritch horrors to pour through and reduce a world to a few rocks floating through space.

. . . yeah, bit of a curbstomp here.

ArlEammon
2008-10-01, 08:49 PM

gul'dan cann rip holes in reality big enough for a seemingly endless army of demons, devils, and eldritch horrors to pour through and reduce a world to a few rocks floating through space.

What about Willow's ability to destroy a planet?

Mr. Scaly
2008-10-01, 09:12 PM
That kill sher too though...a draw at best.

Mewtarthio
2008-10-01, 10:41 PM

Woah. Gul'dan can do all that? Ouch. Yeah, Willow's got no chance here, ill-defined powers regardless. I guess maybe you could make the argument that we don't know how strong she is after draining Giles, but that's just grasping at straws.

Devin
2008-10-05, 07:54 AM
Let's see... I hear Willow can control an army of zombies in the new comics, as well as magically recovering from a full lobotomy.

Kind of spoilers for the comics... I don't know how much.

Kaihaku
2008-10-05, 08:28 AM

Oh come, it's a perfectly balanced match. Just like comparing Goku to Wolverine. [/sarcasm]

SmartAlec
2008-10-05, 09:15 AM
What about Willow's ability to destroy a planet?

The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

I mean, the Shadow.

Whatever.