PDA

View Full Version : Comic Options

Ikkitosen
2005-05-24, 11:41 AM
Hey.

So, I noticed today that there appear to be far fewer options/links at the bottom of the comics page. There used to be "previous", "next", "jump to", etc. etc. All I see now is a double arrow for next, a double arrow for previous, the Extras link and the pull down for going to a specific comic. The formatting appears to have changed/be off. I'm using Firefox, just like I always have, and have changed no settings recently that I'm aware of. Anyone else see this?

Ikki.

Lilly
2005-05-24, 12:39 PM
I've seen it too. I had just finished updating firefox and thought that the update might have changed it, but I checked with IE and they aren't there either.

I just want an explaination from Rawbear or Giant as to what happened. And I think other people would be happy with it too.

(BTW, there's also a thread in comics discussing this same issue)

RawBearNYC
2005-05-24, 01:09 PM
gak, I'll look into it.

Lilly
2005-05-24, 06:00 PM
Since these things have dissappeared for the moment from the main page, I'll be nice and link them here.

The archives (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootsarchive?)
The cast page (http://www.giantitp.com/ootsChars.html)
Start with #1 (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=1)

I love the page options in firefox!

HempRope
2005-05-24, 06:04 PM
Thanks... but I'd love if they could get back to the page with the actual comic on them. How'd you get to them?

Lilly
2005-05-24, 06:15 PM
What browser are you using?

If you have firefox then go to Tools>Page Info>Links and the information is still there. So I don't know what happened.

If you have IE go to View>Source, and look through the code and they should be there, I just can't look at that stuff for too long before my head explodes.

Frojoe21
2005-05-24, 06:31 PM
Not to those who understand the coding. And if I dont, I just throw it into dreamweaver and hit f12. But that may be cheating.

HempRope
2005-05-24, 07:28 PM
I have Firefox. If I go to that menu, I see a list of nameless links unresponsive to my clicking. What now?

Lilly
2005-05-24, 07:31 PM
Mouse over them until you see one that has archive in it's name, or char if you are looking for the cast page. Then copy paste that into a browser window.

Sneak
2005-05-24, 08:00 PM
Um, in the Archives link, whenever I click on a link it gives me an error page that says Internal Server Error. BTW, in case it helps, I'm using safari.

Lilly
2005-05-24, 08:12 PM
Should work now, the comics page was apparantly down while it got fixed. So the main comics page now has the Archives and Cast Page links again.

All Praise Whoever fixed it!

HempRope
2005-05-24, 08:42 PM
Oi! Lilly! Your strategy worked... I just had to ctrl+c instead of right-clicking to copy.

I got all caught up in the comics, though, and then there was a server error, & I assumed it was being fixed.

It is now? Huzzah! :-[

Thanks to whoever did the repairs.

EDIT:
Wait! I went back, & nothing's changed!! What's going on? ???

The_King_of_Durf
2005-05-24, 10:03 PM
Urgh, you're right, its still the same. Anyway if you have IE, an alternative way of doing it (that I find easier) is to click window, and select histpry, this opens the history of sites you've been to recently, just click and drag

HempRope
2005-05-24, 10:11 PM
If you've been to that particular comic page before the changes.

I wouldn't want to have to do that for every page.

Plus, what'll you do tomorrow?

StarWarz2
2005-05-25, 09:19 AM
Plus, what'll you do tomorrow?

Uhm ... enjoy #2 over and over and over again?

It went from an internal server error to just repeating episode #2, regardless of which one you select...
:o

Edalmri
2005-05-25, 09:46 AM
Oh no, the website is stuck in time! Well, at least number two's funny.

MetalCleric
2005-05-25, 11:15 AM
well right now #1-184 are all equally funny

you can laugh... and laugh again... and again

late last night / early this morning it was all working fine

anyway, I'd say that gives me a reason to work and not play... for a little while