PDA

View Full Version : The Underscores are Gone!

The_King_of_Durf
2005-05-22, 07:34 PM
Am I seeing this, I just have been noticing people without underscores, but with spaces, so I went and changed mine, and now it doesn't have any more underscores. Just a notice to everyone who wants spaces that they can now change their names!

Sneak
2005-05-22, 09:29 PM
This isn't really exactly the same topic, because people could've done it, but I've seen some people, SKTarq comes to mind, that changed their name to have capital letters. Originally his name was sktarq, but then he changed it to SKTarq. Not sure, but some others might've changed it. Maybe the Crow, I don't remember.

I just checked, the Crow was always capitalized, nevermind.

HempRope
2005-05-22, 09:55 PM
Too bad, KoD, that because they're underlined everywhere that matters at all, no one will ever notice!

*Insert evil DM laugh here. I'm no good; I'm alway a PC :-[*

RawBearNYC
2005-05-23, 10:33 AM
You've always been able to do this, there's always been an option to change your display name versus the name you registered.

RBPRX1204
2005-05-23, 01:02 PM
And Uthmah thinks it is good. Thanks. HEHEHE ;D

HempRope
2005-05-23, 02:57 PM
Yes, we know, RBPRXwhatever. :P

KoD's discovery was purely related to the underscpres, though, I think. Has that always been available, too?

The_King_of_Durf
2005-05-23, 03:44 PM
Oh, okay, I guess I either didn't notice it before or didn't care.
Fall thread, deep into the depths of obscurity. Away with thee

Arian
2005-05-25, 05:34 AM
KoD's discovery was purely related to the underscores, though, I think. Has that always been available, too?

As I understand it, a user name can't have spaces, but a display name can.

So if you register as "Eye of the Beholder", your user name will be "Eye_of_the_Beholder", but you can then alter your display name to not include the underscores.