PDA

View Full Version : A World of Gods

Anonymous Man
2008-10-02, 01:21 PM
In the beginning, there was nothing. Then, a spark of life appeared, exploding into a world filled with life. their were 5 races, none of which were intelligent, but all of which could be. The Golems, life of metal and wood. The Shades, life of shadow. The Rats, life of diversity. the Orcs, life of power and strength. and the Primevals, beings of great power and speed. finally, you, the gods, appear, and see the world.

ArlEammon
2008-10-20, 04:54 PM
Saradinus began to breathe his first breath of fire, and brilliantly shining fire elementals began to come into existence. The fire elementals were fully formed and grown, thinking creatures. Soon, Saradinus would begin to make the first government soon... Perhaps in a century or so. He didn't want to rush things, of course.

Saradinus
God of: Dragons, Arcane Knowledge
Titles: The Dragon King
Appearance:
Goal: Ultimate Arcane Power In All Realities of Existence

Ipphli
2008-10-20, 09:16 PM
Kaesor

Kaesor awoke in a dark place. But he could still see. In fact, he could see...perfectly. The dark was no barrier to him. Looking around he saw another figure similar to himself. He knew this creature. After a moment it came to him: it was Morstar, his twin brother.

Kaesor glanced around the huge cavern they were apparently in. He noticed that there were many small forms scurrying about. Covered in fur and armed with sharp teeth and claws, Kaesor immediately took a liking to them. But they were small. Too small. Kaesor wished they were bigger. And suddenly lots of them became bigger, around 5 feet long now. Laughing to himself, he turned to his brother and pointed out what he did. "Look at that. Pretty impressive huh?"

Kaesor
God of: Strength, Cavern
Titles: The Strong One, The Cave Father
Appearance: A giant ratman, jet-black fur in just a loincloth, a large club carried on one shoulder
Goal: Dominance of the Ratmen through strength of arms

Kaiser Omnik
2008-10-20, 09:23 PM
Morstar

Morstar awoke next to his hulking brother. He loved the smell of the tunnels and took a sample of phosphorescent fungi from the floor to study later. The rat god then turned its attention to Kaesor and the filty creatures he had just enlarged. Morstar shrugged. "Not bad. But they are as smart as rocks. Or barely smarter. That won't work."

And thus the Sly God decided to give his minions a moderate intelligence and a taste for intrigue (read: backstabbing). The Ratmen were born.

Morstar
God of: Planning, Engineering
Titles: The Sly God, the Overseer
Appearance: Half as tall as his brother Kaesor, blue grey fur, wearing heavy robes, always carrying all sort of tools and knives
Image (http://www.markofchaos.fr/medias/artwork/GameSpot_4.jpg)
Goal: Dominance of the Ratmen through technology and scheming

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-10-20, 10:00 PM
Star'ell

The Airlord looked down upon the world from on high, and knew that he was right. He was destined to be master of this place, he would bring knowledge and truth to this world full of fools, and they would thank him for it. He looked down upon the world and saw other beings like himself, but not as high, not as worthy of ownership of this world. They were inferior. The first was a great scaled beast, that breathed fire. It had mighty wings, and they could soar above the lands. It was impressive, but Star'ell knew he was moreso. He looked too down to the tunnels, and he saw two gods, brothers, that toiled in the dirt. If Star'ell had a mouth he would have smirked. These two were so low as to hide in the tunnels like the rats they were, and looking again he saw the resemblance was not merely in their grubby habits, and he laughed to himself, and the winds chanted in response.

Looking over the world, he saw a race truly worthy of his attentions, the Primevals. He came to them, and spoke in a voice like the winds it was deep, but high, echoing and whistling, it was as nuanced as air itself. Greetings creatures, I have looked over this world, and seen all the lesser beings, and dubbed you the greatest this world has to offer. With me, you will become the greater still, mighty and intelligent. they were not so intelligent, but they understood him, vaguely, and that was better than any of the other beings of the world. And so, he gifted them, with great knowledge, and the intelligence and wisdom to wield it. He brought these creatures to the airy peaks and spoke once more. This will be your home, high in the mountains, where you will learn to tame the untameable, and bring the winds under your control. From up here, you can survey the world, that shall one day be yours, and mine, for I am the greatest of the gods, and you are the greatest of the mortals, and so we were destined to be one.

Name: Star'ell
Titles: Supreme Lord of the Heavens, Bringer of Storms, Mover of the Firmament
God of: Air, Knowledge
Appearance/Description: Star'ell wears long white robes which are constantly billowing in the wind, that is caused by his mere presence. He stands tall and though he seems thin, his heavy robes conceal this. Towering over people Star'ell is a haughty and proud god, and looks down upon the world and the peoples in it, believing himself to be superior to all the other gods. Star'ell does not appear to have an actual body, instead being made up of wind currents which keep his body afloat. His "head" is a roughly circular shape full of winds, visible by magical currents of his body, which glow faintly blue. His eyes are merely lights that gleam from inside the maelstrom of his head. When he speaks it has an echoing and unearthly quality, which can awe mortals moreso than other gods.
Goal: Star'ell seeks nothing else but the prayer of all beings. He sees himself as the rightful ruler of the world, and if he has anything to say about it, so will everyone else.

ArlEammon
2008-10-20, 10:19 PM
The Elementals learned the arcane arts from the Lord Saradinus. Saradinus spoke unto them, and they began to learn how to manifest in other forms. Eventually, they had developed into absolute Monarchies. The most powerful sorcerer among the Fire folk were typically the ruling king, although not always.

Odin the Ignoble
2008-10-20, 11:05 PM
Bordum

Bordum awakes on one of the the worlds primordial beaches. Surveying his soundings his face grow grimmer and grimmer. This would simply wont do, it shall all have to be redone. All of it.

Bordum begins the arduous task of reordering the world. Rocks are to be put in orderly rows of ten, and sticks to be placed in piles for future categorization. The task seems to have no end. Bordum soon comes to realize that he will need assistance in his task. He soon begins his systematic search of all the races of the world for those most suitable for his holy mission.

NAME: Bordum
GOD OF: Order Bureaucracy
APPEARANCE/DISCRIPTION:

Bordum is the embodiment of all things orderly and by the books. His domains are Order and Bureaucracy. His titles include: the giver of order, the master filer, he who collates, the high executive, deliver of the penultimate rejection stamp, and many more.

Bordum manifests himself as an nondescript humanoid sitting behind an orderly desk piled high with papers. On his chest he sports the number one, as a simble of his position at the head of the holy Bureaucracy. The high priest of Bordum sports the number 2, and all of the other bureaucrats/priest sport numbers detonating their position in the church/bureaucracy.

Obsessive attention to detail is prized in his priests. While there are no specific prayers devoted to Bordum, any act of filing, filling out forms, or any other of the minutia associated with paperwork are considered praise of the divine. Bordum is extremely active among his parishioners, but will only intercede if the proper divine intercession form is filled out in triplicate and filled properly. Most of Bordum's miracles revolve around paperwork, but giving the proper form he will intercede in any matter. Bordum never intercedes without the proper form and will reject any requests that are contrary to his goal of ordering all of reality.

Anonymous Man
2008-10-21, 07:14 AM
The Raven Lord

As the creatures of the world become more intelligent, they begin to wonder about death. Born from their wondering, The Raven Lord, Harvester of Souls, appears. Looking around the world, he spies creatures suited to his task, the Shades, and he gifts them with the knowledge of death. But he also sees a god who's goals appear similar to his own. Bordum, I wish to speak with you. Please come to a conference at 1 PM sharp.

Name:Inkoslavicarian
Titles: The Raven Lord, Harvester of Souls
God of:Death, Balance
Goals:Mantaining the Balance of the world.

OOC:Please, don't post more than once a day.

The_JJ
2008-10-21, 10:23 AM
Golodi comes into the world laughing, for he see potencial here. These wonderful, resourseful races, clawing their way up from the darkness.
Golodi sets to work, finding several remote and treacherous regions, and in the middle of them he places several temples, of sorts, guarded by his clockwork contraptions. Inside he places wonders and diagrams of wonders, as a reward. And then he declares, This shall be the reward of the ingenious, a constant motivation to glory. Let them come and test themselves, and be found worhty.

Golodi, the god of technologies.
God of Ingenuity, Exploration
Titles: the Watch Maker, Deus ex Machina
Appearence: Either a massive clicking clockwork contraption or a small (insert observer's species here) male in loose white clothing of some sort.
Goal: Advancement of all species through technological wonder.
symbol: a clockwork gear.
Followers: Most sceintists, explorers, and wizards.

kemmotar
2008-10-21, 10:24 AM
name:obilugangnarthalopetripertitus aka obi
title: the bringer of laughter and tears
goals: making the world a better place...maybe...who knows...he's just a trickster
god of: misunderstandings, inappropriate moments and illusions

It had been a bad few weeks for obilugangnarthalopetripertitus he realised. The new races were intelligent and powerful, some more than others some less....some of the other gods had started meddling with the races...however, something was missing...something and as he wandered in the forest alone to think and to find something to hug the idea came to him. All the races were too intelligent, the gods wanted to make their own more powerful, everything would go according to plan...everything but him.

It was thus that he raised his top hat high removed it and from there extracted a brilliant ball of pure black that was strangely enough glowing. Faint sounds were coming from it, a sound unheard of until then in this world. It was the sound of laughter. It was his essence that he infused into this ball. He then injected randomization in all things, luck and unluck. The ball started to swirl with colours at random, shapes appeared and disappeared. He then released into the sky where it broke into a million pieces and imbeded itself into the soul of anything capable of intelligence.

It was from then on that creatures would have luck to account for, there could be idiots and geniuses, there could be beauty and ugliness...but more importantly there would be humour. Thus he spoke in a voice profound and yet squeaky to all the creatures that received this gift:

Hellooooooo...can everyone hear me? Yes? Okay perfect!Creatures of the world, I am Obi, I am a god of this land, having seen you I have realized the one disadvantage you all share. You have no happiness and happiness comes from laughter. I have given you all a gift. It is the gift of humour and randomness. You know naught of this yet but you will know.

He paused a bit and removed the gift from the golems and said unto them:

Sorry guys, there has to be someone that doesn't get it....

And continued to talk to all other creatures, small and large, powerful and intelligent:

Okay sorry I'm back...where was I? Oh yes! I grant therefore unto thee my last gift for now. It is the first joke of the world, some will hear it some will not, some will get it some will not! Share and laugh alike! There was a sausage and an egg frying in a pan. The sausage turns to the egg and said: Goodmorning egg. At this the Egg replieth to the sausage: Holy hell, a talking sausage

He realised it was not a very good joke...oh well...let them deal with it..maybe someone will laugh...and there were indeed some that discovered the joy of laughter while others discovered the first misunderstanding. It was the golems that got the short end of the stick. The god named Obi has shunned us they thought...he has gifted all others but us. We shall get nothing from him.

Thus started racism and soon racist jokes...it was a pity...but obilugangnarthalopetripertitus admitted to himself...it was kinda funny...

Anti racism hadn't been discovered yet...but racism is always first!

Odin the Ignoble
2008-10-21, 03:27 PM
Upon hearing the Raven Lord's request for an audience, Bordum immediately heads for the meeting place. Better to be hours early than seconds, late.

While waiting for the Raven Lord to make his appearance, he sits and ponders. His pondering leads him to consider the vast disorganization before him. He formulates the most efficient and foolproof way of organizing. He creates the first forms and the first pen to fill them out with. Soon he ha far to many forms to hold in his hand, and creates the first folder, but these to become to numerous and a desk is built to put them on. Bordum is in the process of creating the first filing cabinet to put his work in when Obi gives his address to the world.

I don't get it, what is a sausage?

The golems seem equally perplexed by this new development. Bordum feels a sudden kinship with these creatures. He calls the golems to himself and shows them the wonders he has created. With their assistance Bordum creates and begins operating the first office in history.

Behind a growing mound of paperwork Bordum smiles to himself. His holy mission is only beginning but with the help of these somber people the work will go easier.

I hope the Raven Lord will be as pleased with his progress as I am.

Anonymous Man
2008-10-21, 04:00 PM
At One o'clock, The Raven Lord Arrives at the conference with Bordum, as his personal servants, the ravens, gather information.
It seems to me that our goals our similar. You desire law, I desire balance. And with law, comes balance. But you must remember, for each act of Order, there must be an act of chaos. there must always be Balance. However, that is not why I brought you here. I believe that there should be a group of gods, gods who desire balance. 3 should be our number. I believe we should recruit a god of Chaos, for you are one of Order. I do not see one, though. But for a symbol of our power, I suggest these. The Raven Lord holds out 3 spherecal rubies. If we each imbue our power in them, they will be a power for the Balance, which is currently in the favor of Chaos. The Raven Lord holds up a bronze scale, one side showing chaos, the other, law.As you can see. If you agree, then sign here.

Ipphli
2008-10-21, 05:29 PM
I can tell you right now this game will not go anywhere if we can only post once a day. We can't interact with each other: no conversations or anything. So we can't plot and scheme like gods do. Maybe only one godly act a day, but we can still talk and such?

Anonymous Man
2008-10-21, 05:31 PM
OOC:THATS a good idea. used.

ArlEammon
2008-10-21, 05:46 PM
Star'ell

The Airlord looked down upon the world from on high, and knew that he was right. He was destined to be master of this place, he would bring knowledge and truth to this world full of fools, and they would thank him for it. He looked down upon the world and saw other beings like himself, but not as high, not as worthy of ownership of this world. They were inferior. The first was a great scaled beast, that breathed fire. It had mighty wings, and they could soar above the lands. It was impressive, but Star'ell knew he was moreso. He looked too down to the tunnels, and he saw two gods, brothers, that toiled in the dirt. If Star'ell had a mouth he would have smirked. These two were so low as to hide in the tunnels like the rats they were, and looking again he saw the resemblance was not merely in their grubby habits, and he laughed to himself, and the winds chanted in response.

Looking over the world, he saw a race truly worthy of his attentions, the Primevals. He came to them, and spoke in a voice like the winds it was deep, but high, echoing and whistling, it was as nuanced as air itself. Greetings creatures, I have looked over this world, and seen all the lesser beings, and dubbed you the greatest this world has to offer. With me, you will become the greater still, mighty and intelligent. they were not so intelligent, but they understood him, vaguely, and that was better than any of the other beings of the world. And so, he gifted them, with great knowledge, and the intelligence and wisdom to wield it. He brought these creatures to the airy peaks and spoke once more. This will be your home, high in the mountains, where you will learn to tame the untameable, and bring the winds under your control. From up here, you can survey the world, that shall one day be yours, and mine, for I am the greatest of the gods, and you are the greatest of the mortals, and so we were destined to be one.

Name: Star'ell
Titles: Supreme Lord of the Heavens, Bringer of Storms, Mover of the Firmament
God of: Air, Knowledge
Appearance/Description: Star'ell wears long white robes which are constantly billowing in the wind, that is caused by his mere presence. He stands tall and though he seems thin, his heavy robes conceal this. Towering over people Star'ell is a haughty and proud god, and looks down upon the world and the peoples in it, believing himself to be superior to all the other gods. Star'ell does not appear to have an actual body, instead being made up of wind currents which keep his body afloat. His "head" is a roughly circular shape full of winds, visible by magical currents of his body, which glow faintly blue. His eyes are merely lights that gleam from inside the maelstrom of his head. When he speaks it has an echoing and unearthly quality, which can awe mortals moreso than other gods.
Goal: Star'ell seeks nothing else but the prayer of all beings. He sees himself as the rightful ruler of the world, and if he has anything to say about it, so will everyone else.

Sta'Rell saw Saradinus flying to his direction... "I am Saradinus...Dragon Lord.... I see you are possessor of great knowledge... I am the Wizard of the this world... So I have come to off an exchange..."(Can I offer the Dragon Domain for the Sky Domain, so we can end up with three domains?)

Odin the Ignoble
2008-10-21, 06:50 PM
Bordum greats Inkoslavicarian cordially

Ha, ha I do love a good contract. Bordum affixes his mark to the contractm copies of it, and stores them away in a desk drawer. He then imbues the rubies with a portion of his power. That Obilugangnarthalopetripertitus character seems bizarre enough to fit your purpose. I would also like to offer the services of my workers and I. We could store the information your ravens gather, keep the book of the dead, balance the ledger of reality, or do any number of things.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-10-21, 09:19 PM
Morstar

Morstar let his brother in charge of the Ratmen while he worked on the creation of mutant fungi. Kaesor may not be the best choice...but what could he do that the Sly God couldn't fix? Anyway, Morstar needed some time alone to plan his future actions...like all evil geniuses do.

(I apologize for the short post. It's midterms again.)

Ipphli
2008-10-21, 09:31 PM
Kaesor

Kaesor smiled as he watched his brother go off by himself. Now was his chance. The Ratmen were progressing nicely, the largest and strongest being in charge. But Kaesor wanted them bigger. So he took a few rats and made them stand double what the normal Ratman did. They were also stronger and sturdier. Kaesor was pleased. His Ratgiants would make light of anything they came across.

Kaesor sent the Ratgiants out to lead the Ratmen. There was just one problem: they still possessed the mental capability of a rat. Frowning, Kaesor watched as the original Ratmen tamed the giants and used them for labor and sport.

kemmotar
2008-10-22, 05:24 AM
Obilugangnarthalopetripertitus's gift was slowly coming to fruition though none really noticed the small changes at first as few of each race had been created by the gods. Some ratmen has longer whiskers, others grew darker fur. Some Primevals developed different colourings. Golems were born from things never before seen. Orcs, unmeddled as yet by the gods grew more and more in the randomness of the world.

Obilugangnarthalopetripertitus saw this and was happy as he strolled randomly through the streets of the world wearing the appearance of a man with a top hat and sleek black cane...Currently he was just looking around to see how his power had turned out. Laughter had come into fashion quite a bit he had realized. All races laughed and joked, those affected most played pranks on others...he had to admit though that the joke industry hadn't improved much...there had indeed been a few good ones but they were far and wide...

He needed a champion one to spread jokes like wildfire in a dry forest. He teleported himself to the top a mountain, assumed his true form and sat there looking at a flower. Finally he decided what to do. He looked intently at the flower and said " Why won't you talk to me?" while using his power of misunderstandings...the flower then answered..."who me?". What happened here is simple enough. Obi's power to create misunderstandings is so powerful that the flower misunderstood reality so that it misunderstood the fact that it did not have the ability to talk. So talked they did until Obi was satisfied with his list of jokes...all that now remained was to find a suitable champion. He visited all the races trying to ascertain the champion.

OOC: do I just decide what happens with the races or does Unknown man decide, as the DM?

Anonymous Man
2008-10-22, 07:18 AM
OOC:Obi, you can take a race for yourself, but the orcs are still like animals, since no-one wants them yet.

A fine Idea, Bordum,Inkoslavicarian said.You may keep the ledgers of reality. I must go, though, for a primeval lies dying, and I must harvest his soul.

kemmotar
2008-10-22, 09:19 AM
OOC:Obi, you can take a race for yourself, but the orcs are still like animals, since no-one wants them yet.

exactly...yet...wait till i find a way to say something then completely distort it to mean something else and then it will be misunderstood and the orcs will become something very very complicated tomorrow while not really changing...this is fun:smalltongue:

Disappointed at the fact that all races had essentially been taken and not wanting to get into a squabble with other gods (usually they don't have much of a sense of humor...) He looked upon the orcs, savages they were and yet as savages they had taken his gift of laughter and for lack of language communicated through writing. This gave Obi an interesting idea which he pondered for a while. What could he do with the orcs and this new idea of transmitting jokes with images...what if an image could me made into a joke!?

He would have to watch invisible among the orcs and find the connection, find the champion to bear the jokes of the world!

*fact: what the orcs did was in fact draw random images which Obi connected to the vast library of jokes in his head. It was a variation of why did the chicken cross the road. In fact it was a parable that younglings should not be foolish enough to do something like that...no joke there...misunderstandings ehh?*

Anonymous Man
2008-10-22, 11:44 AM
Approaching a dying primeval, The Raven Lord waited. as the creature died, he reached in and took his soul, sending it to the underworld. Realizing that he needed a better method, Inkoslavicarian teleported to an underground forge, leaving only a message to Bordum.Please, recruit Obi for me? I have to do something.

Unoticed to any, the body of the primeval split into manticores, with 2 other bodies that split into harpies and giant spiders. these monters began to prey on the sentient races.

Ipphli
2008-10-22, 04:51 PM
Kaeros

Kaeros finally goes to find his brother. He stumbles upon him in a cavern near their home, apparently doing something with the glowing fungus. He walks over and lightly pokes him in the shoulder, nearly knocking him sprawling. "Morstar, come see what I did. Its even better than the last time."

He leads his brother back to the cave and shows him the Ratgiants he created. Tamed by the Ratmen by now, they do any manual labor they are ordered to, as well as fight off any larger predators that may arrive.

ArlEammon
2008-10-22, 04:55 PM
Saradinus begins to fashion an arcane well of magical energy by breathing a magical vapor into deep craters in the earth. The vapors would turn into mystic waters that possessed powerful arcane strength. Harnessing the water for energy, which would come later, has the benefit of the channelers to possess hyper intelligent minds and eventually the physical capacities of the mightiest dragons.(One Act)

(Before or after the response I'm going to get. :) )

Kaiser Omnik
2008-10-22, 07:37 PM
Morstar

"Hey, watch out! You want me to have a heart attack?!"

The rat god followed his brother and studied the new creatures.

"Well, seems like those things will be useful. I'm sure you only made them that way for your own amusement. It doesn't matter.

Morstar searched in his backpack and took out mutant fungi samples.

"Look at this. Our young ratmen will be safe here, undergound."

The Sly God threw the fungi on the ground. They grew and grew, and reproduced at an impressive rate. Some turned into mushroom men, semi-intelligent workers and servants to the ratmen. Others became voracious monsters, unable to tell from giant fungi until it was too late. The majority spread and formed a kind of security system spanning miles of tunnels. This system was composed of shrieking fungi and other mushroom capable of communicating information by sending pheromones in the air. Morstar also created what he called "gas spores", floating sacs full of poisonous spores that vaguely ressembled monstrous creatures of the underground. Either an invader got scared by the shadow of the "beast" or tried to attack, thus realeasing the spores.

(OOC: Now you all know where Gas Spores come from :smallbiggrin:)

mizzim
2008-10-23, 02:29 PM
Aleya

Goddess of: dragons, healing, water
Titles: The young goddes
Appearance: young, black hair, green eyes, seems to have water braided into her hair
Goal: peace and knowlege in the world
she has a race called Alynims who in body shape look human, but are made of water. they are highly intelligent.

Anonymous Man
2008-10-23, 04:04 PM
In his underground cave, Inkoslavicarian selected his materials; a slim elderwood staff, and black silver bars. He labored in his forge for hours, beating the silver into a blade. Finally, The Raven Lord came out of his forge, and announced, holding up the sycthe, I am Inkoslavicarian, and I am now complete!

Odin the Ignoble
2008-10-23, 04:51 PM
Shortly after The Raven Lords departure, Bordum begins his work on the ledger of reality. Every action was to be recorded with a corresponding value. The numbers of lawful actions against those chaotic, good versus evil, selfless and selfish, hot and cold wet and dry. All the inequities are reported directly to The Raven Lord.

Bordum also establishes the Order of the Sausage. Selected from the most stalwart and determined of the golems. Their quest is twofold. First they are to deliver the message that Bordum under no circumstances wishes to speak to Oni, in the hopes that it will be misconstrued as a direct summons. There other task is to seek out the source of the original joke. To find the talking sausage his egg counter part and the mysterious frying pan. Upon finding them they are to be brought back to Bordum for questioning.

mizzim
2008-10-23, 05:40 PM
(do I have to wait to be accepted?)

Aleya Opened her eye. the Young Goddes was immersed in water, inside an egg. as she opened her eye, she saw the water, and through the water. she was cold, but the water around her slowly warmed. the egg burst, letting the ocean flow inside. she liked the water, and gave it intelligence. the water shifted, making forms. the first one came up to her and said, Alynim. the voice was inside her head, but she didn't know that yet. she made many more Alynims, as she called them, and they populated the oceans. she swam upward, and, suddenly, the was out of the water, flying. she saw a black, raven-like creature fly away. she went after it.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-10-23, 05:53 PM
Star'ell

The Airlord looked upon the dragon impassively, his voice echoing. I am indeed, you seem to possess some such knowledge yourself. I will share some of my knowledge for yours.

Star'ell beheld the change that came upon his Primevals as they died, and he went to the creatures they spawned in their death, and gave them limited intelligence, but also loyalty to the Primevals, and he spoke. You who are born of my chosen people, will serve them, for though you are magnificent in your forms, and are thus worthy to be my followers, you should serve the greatest of my followers, the mighty and wise Primevals.

Ipphli
2008-10-23, 07:24 PM
Kaesor

Kaesor pokes at one of the gas spores, pushing it across the cavern. He smiles, then looks over at his brother. "That's fun." Next, he watches as one of his ratgiants battle one of the fungus monsters for the sport of the ratmen. He smiles and cheers along with the rest. He yells in triumph when the ratgiant finally wins. He turns towards his brother. "See? Mine is better."

Kaesor decided that the ratmen needed to grow. But there weren't that many of them. And so he blessed the ratmen with increased fertility, the women often having over a dozen offspring per litter.

Anonymous Man
2008-10-23, 07:32 PM
(mizzim, your in)

Going to Bordum, Inkoslavicarian says, I sense that 4 more gods may still enter the picture. but I digress;I have a magical scale, here. As you can see, it shows Good, Evil, Law, and Order. At the moment, though, it shows no preference for Law or Order, but does lean to Good. Thus, there must be acts of Evil. I hope that you don't hold it against me.

The_JJ
2008-10-23, 07:33 PM
Golodi sees the other gods acting, and nods and smiles, but is not entirely pleased. They have no drive, they do not adapt. They're gods invent for them. And thus his raised his hand, and a small number of every race was lifted and placed upon an island in the ocean, in some way or another. A gust of wind here, a sudden rip tide there... And he spoke to them. Here you shall adapt or perish. Fluorish or fail. And then, he sat back, to watch them work away.

Ipphli
2008-10-23, 07:38 PM
OOC: You mean law or chaos right? Pretty sure our Ratmen are pretty chaotic...

Odin the Ignoble
2008-10-23, 08:56 PM
Addressing Inkoslavicarian, By all means do what you feel you must. The ledger had brought me to much the same conclusion. I've never been one for morality anyways. Laws and regulations are to be obeyed not questioned.

ArlEammon
2008-10-23, 09:06 PM
Star'ell

The Airlord looked upon the dragon impassively, his voice echoing. I am indeed, you seem to possess some such knowledge yourself. I will share some of my knowledge for yours.

Star'ell beheld the change that came upon his Primevals as they died, and he went to the creatures they spawned in their death, and gave them limited intelligence, but also loyalty to the Primevals, and he spoke. You who are born of my chosen people, will serve them, for though you are magnificent in your forms, and are thus worthy to be my followers, you should serve the greatest of my followers, the mighty and wise Primevals.

Star'ell, I have the knowledge of great sorcery. My power extends above the heavens and penetrates the very heart of the universe..... You must learn incantation to begin manipulating the fabric of the multiverse to your everywhim. You as Sta'rell, will one day.... I don't know....

kemmotar
2008-10-24, 07:25 AM
When Obi received the golem's message from bordum he looked at the golem, a tear tinkled on the corner of the hat's ribbon, he sniffed rather loudly and said:

You can tell your god that i don't like him either if he want to know and that i don't wanna see him either. He didn't have to send a message to tell me he doesn't want to see me any more. He should just avoid me like every other everyday immortal. A curse i give to his followers, a joke to be spread: When does a person decide to become an accountant?
When he realizes he doesn't have the charisma to succeed as an undertaker.
Oh and tell him i'll randomize things just a bit more just to piss him off!

With these words he made the golem vanish from his sight but only after he wrote in bright pink letters all over said golem "and you mispronounced my name !!!!" and sat there and brooded until a dragon passed in front of the tall mountain he was sitting on. He beckoned to it and curious as it was it came nearer. He did not declare himself to be a god but simply changed into his human form. It was a big red dragon, unknown to him, it was a ferocious and bad tempered one too...and yet Obi tried to pet it. The dragon dodged and dodged his attempts until Obi turned into his true form and tried again succeeding. The dragon infuriated by this attempt turned his head, his innards rumbling with the rising fire aimed at the back of Obi's hat/head. As soon as it was out of its gullet it grew orange and white hot as it streamed towards it's target. At that point, Obi's whole body shook as if he had just sneezed badly and screamed at the top of his voice "NYAAAAARRRRRRR"...it was a curious sound he knew and he didn't know why it happened from time to time...and then he smelled it...a flatulent gassy smell...he turned to the dragon, drew himself up to his full height and said:

OH NO YOU DIDN'T JUST F**T IN MY FACE!!!! Surprising even himself at his ability to pronounce ** in the middle of a word...Immidiately enraged as he was he summoned up his powers and cast his Summon inappropriate moment!! The clouds above broke into two as a gigantic figure of a red dragon descended apparently from nowhere and said:

Is that how i've taught you to behave?? Go home and stay in your naughty mat until I tell you it's okay to get up!! AND YOU'RE GROUNDED, UNDERSTAND??

The mama dragon apologized for her son's behaviour but he was too STUPID (she shouted as the dragon was still within earshot) to recognise a god when he saw him, he said it was ok and invited her for some dinner in his palace. Which he didn't have but what was he a god for anyway...A lot happened that night...

Right in the middle of all the continents he raised a gigantic black pillar that reached up to the heavens and the clear skies. There he built a castle crossed with a temple, the waves crashed upon the base of the black pillar cresting it with white foam and the palace above shone with white pearl and marble, magnificent gardens sprung from nowhere. Within that garden he set up a table fit for a pantheon and there he ate with the female dragon. Sad from bordum's unwarranted rejection and hatred towards him he drank and drank until even his godly body did not know what it was it was doing....there was just one thing though he would know the next day...he would discover an ungodly hangover and a few months later the joy of fatherhood! He invited Filomina and her son butch to live with him in the castle...Butch, however, was a broken dragon. His fire was turned into flatulence, his mother scolded him in front of a stranger and sent him to his naughty mat and then that stranger turned out to be a god, he became his step father and made awkward attempts at reconciliation....which totally failed...then he turned his attention back to the orcs...

He sat in a throne room dressed in tapestries depicting his attempts at creating jokes composed of images...he got this far ( o Y o )....

Kaiser Omnik
2008-10-24, 12:00 PM
Kaesor

Kaesor pokes at one of the gas spores, pushing it across the cavern. He smiles, then looks over at his brother. "That's fun." Next, he watches as one of his ratgiants battle one of the fungus monsters for the sport of the ratmen. He smiles and cheers along with the rest. He yells in triumph when the ratgiant finally wins. He turns towards his brother. "See? Mine is better."

Kaesor decided that the ratmen needed to grow. But there weren't that many of them. And so he blessed the ratmen with increased fertility, the women often having over a dozen offspring per litter.

Morstar

Morstar sneered.

"My creations weren't designed to fight in an arena, you nitwit. Camouflaged as harmless, inert giant fungi, they will strike at hapless victims when they less expect it!"

Morstar wandered the tunnels of the Underdark and filled them with various ores. He gave hints of their location to the ratmen in hope that they would discover how to work metal on their own.

mizzim
2008-10-24, 05:58 PM
hello? thought aleya, thinking it out to every god on the planet. who are you? what am I? where am I?

(she's still technically a "baby" goddess, she doesn't know how to speak yet.)

The_JJ
2008-10-24, 06:07 PM
Aha, a young one. There is much here. I think I'll give her a base from which to start... and so, Golodi moved some of his attension away from his pet islands, and set about creating an education for the new godess.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-10-24, 06:20 PM
Morstar

Morstar received the telepathic message from the goddess. Then he found out she came from a far away ocean.

I'll get my fur wet if I go there. Anyway, what could a goddess of the ocean provide my ratmen?

mizzim
2008-10-24, 08:02 PM
umm, hi, who/what are you? she asked timidly. i'm...i'm...Aleya. she decided on a name.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-10-24, 08:12 PM
Morstar

Morstar didn't know if the goddess called out to him again or some other god, so he answered:

"I'm Morstar, the Sly God, the Overseer. I live in the tunnels with my stupid brother Kaesor. Just remember not to mess with the ratmen! They are the greatest species ever created."

The_JJ
2008-10-24, 08:13 PM
And I am Golodi. I am the god of discovery and inovation. And in that capacity, I shall begin your education. And so Golodi imparted upon her the ways of making miricles and godly acts, of avatarizing into the material world, and of the communication and customs of the gods, such that they existed. And he was pleased with a new discovery. Intresting. While nessesity does indeed breed greatness, it does so best when founded upon sound basic knowledge. Discovery is a pyramid, ever building higher. Thus was born the profession of education, and older and wiser beings throughout the world had this epiphany imparted upon them, that their wisdom might live on.

mizzim
2008-10-24, 08:25 PM
Aleya learned it all. "amazing," she said. then she remembered something. "i need to check up on something. she flew down to the oceans. she saw few alynims. i wonder where they are, she yhought.

Anonymous Man
2008-10-25, 09:08 AM
as aleya looked for the alynims she saw one which floated upside-down, a red fluid in the water around it. then she saw a raven-like humanoid creeping towards it while holding a scythe. the raven-thing swung the scythe as the aynim went limp, then advanced on another leaking alynim.

mizzim
2008-10-25, 10:24 AM
"hey! stop that!" she said. "who are you, and what are you doing?"

(I was planning for them to have cities, and that's why they were missing.)

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-10-25, 10:32 AM
Star'ell

Star'ell replies, with an arrogant tone. The only thing beyond the Heavens is nothingness. I speak not of the air of this world, but of that which is over everything. I hold great knowledge of ALL things, I am the bringer of knowledge, you hold much knowledge of the arcane, I hold much knowledge of everything.

Odin the Ignoble
2008-10-25, 03:13 PM
Upon hearing the report of the Order's messenger Bordum was distraught.
Oh, dear it seems that I have misunderstood, the god of misunderstanding.

He immediately takes up a stylus and begins writing a memorandum.

To:Obilugangnarthalopetripertitus
Regarding: Misunderstanding

I'm sorry I could not deliver this in person, but I have been tied up with my work. It was not my intention to offend. I merely wished to converse with you. I misunderstood your nature for one of contrariness, but I see now that a heart of gold beats in your chest.

The Raven Lord and I have entered into a fraternity of sorts and we would like you to join us. The details of which I am hesitant to convey in this message. I would very much like to arrange a face to face meeting.

Upon completing the message he orders copies to be made and distributed throughout the Order of the Sausage. Do not come back until he has read this message. He dismisses the Order, and they begin their second attempt to convey his message.

ArlEammon
2008-10-25, 04:00 PM
Star'ell

Star'ell replies, with an arrogant tone. The only thing beyond the Heavens is nothingness. I speak not of the air of this world, but of that which is over everything. I hold great knowledge of ALL things, I am the bringer of knowledge, you hold much knowledge of the arcane, I hold much knowledge of everything.

"With that arrogant tone you will never learn anything, Sta'Rell." With that Saradinus leaves. Saradinus then creates the dragon race..... He nurtures them under his wings and breathes life and health into their bodies.

Ipphli
2008-10-25, 04:36 PM
Wonder what it would take to make a rat-dragon? Hmmm :smallbiggrin:

Anonymous Man
2008-10-25, 04:40 PM
The raven-creature started and rumaged in its feathers, then pulled out a slate and chalk. It wrote on it slowly and laborously, then pointed to it with a caw.
I SERVE THE RAVEN LORD. I AM COLLECTING THE SOULS OF THESE DYING BEINGS. IF YOU ARE THEIR GOD, THEN YOU MAY HAVE THEIR SOULS.
the creature then held out the soul of the first alynim, a greyish sphere of a strange, opaque stone.

mizzim
2008-10-26, 09:31 AM
Aleya took the soul, and when it touched her hands, it became a pool of healing water. aleya dived under water, and saw something strange. there were groups of alynims banding together, and they were making things. she gave the pool of healing water to this first tribe, and made it so that whenever an alynim died, its soul got added to the pool of souls in the center of their tribe/city.

kemmotar
2008-10-26, 10:59 AM
Upon receiving Aleya's first message he answered her:

Hi there, who are you? I'm Obilugangnarthalopetripertitus umm...just call me obi...I'm pretty sure i'm a god and that you're a god too...welcome to the family i guess...If you want you're invited to my palace for a welcome dinner...I recently discovered alcohol it's fun...oh and i'm not sure what my powers are, i think they're ran away...maybe you can help me...anyway, dinner at the pig palace on the black pillar extending over the middle ocean...can't miss it..near your place too...

When he had thought the message to the young goddess he turned to his mate, Filomina and announced they might have a guest for dinner...and that she should go hunting for some nice food and to exercise a bit...he would be in the throne room trying to figure out the written jokes and the nature of randomization...

After several hours of pondering he arrived at a very interesting conclusion...if he couldn't do it...then probably he wasn't the god of it...though he felt a connection to randomness, to accidents and....LUCK...that was it he thought the hat inconspicuously smiling in a very strange way...

Thus he set to work and work he did for a long long time...and from his labors was born a new goddess, although young and of little power, he felt her impact to be great. He called her the lady and she appeared at a number of random forms. Depending on who was looking she appeared differently. When she asked her name and purpose he said:

You young goddess are to be free and that which frees. You shall be the chance in all things to fail and succeed no matter how failsafe or impossible. You shall give birth to geniuses and failures...Go now and make the world more interesting! Go and change things in ways no one can foresee!

He smiled as Lady shyly took up the task and set out. Some lives would end sooner, ideas would be born out of nowhere and opportunities created. Geniuses would be born amongst all races whereas others may be born impaired. Only gods he knew would be unaffected but he also knew, that gods could not reverse every single accident good or bad... He sat there and was at peace for a while.

However, as ever misunderstood, Lady took this task upon herself but Obi's words she misunderstood at parts. She would from now on listen to none of the god's including her father and creator himself and would strive to free the races from their shackles be they physical or not. Soon she would discover her first domain to be luck and and the second immortality...the future was unsure as the random element of the Lady had now entered the game.

OOC: Can the order of the sausage find me in the palace? I don't wanna say they can or can't, not my minions...it's in the middle of the ocean on a pillar extending several kilometres over the sea...

mizzim
2008-10-27, 05:41 PM
Aleya received Obi's message and went to find his palace. It was tall and magnifecint. she went up to his door and knocked. "hello?" she called.

Ipphli
2008-10-27, 10:24 PM
Kaesor

Kaesor was pleased with his people's progress. They were reproducing rapidly, expanding into new caverns as they needed them. Eventually clans began forming, based on which cavern the rats lived in. Worried that his people would become soft and complacent, Kaesor decreed that only the strongest would rule, and that every ruler was subject to challenge at any time.

Anonymous Man
2008-10-29, 07:16 AM
OOC: Yes Obi, they can. Golems can just swim the ocean, cause they don't get tired.

Carefully tunneling under Obi's tower, Inkoslavicarian carved out a cavern under the central chamber. he then waited, for the slightest extra pressure could tumble the tower into the cavern. he also sent a cryptic message to Obi, and Obi alone.I hope you won't hold this against me.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-10-29, 08:12 AM
Morstar

Morstar saw what his brother was doing. He also thought the strong should rule. But the strong meant the ruthless and the more apt to survive. Physical strength wasn't enough. And so the Sly God came to his people and organized the clergy. The priests are among the most educated, intelligent and cunning of the ratmen. They are also trained as assassins, so they can hold their own against the warrior caste. From now on, the people would be ruled a chieftain and a high priest.

Earl of Purple
2008-10-29, 08:20 AM
Arthropos

(Name: Arthropos
Domains: Invertebrates, Reptiles
Appearence: Arthropos, from a distance, appears as a humanoid with dark skin/clothes. As you approach, you realise that Anthropos is in fact a human-sized and shaped pile of invertebrates.
Alignment: True Neutral with Chaotic tendencies
Agenda: Arthropos cares only about reptiles and insects, spiders, etc. He only values worshippers because they grant him more power to look after them.
Symbol: A two-tailed scorpion.
Notes: He, and by extension his worshippers, do not view poison as dishonourable as it is often used by many creatures in his domains.

Arthropos rose from a desert, miles from any settlement, crawling up from the sand. Nearby, there was an oasis, a island of life in this desolate landscape. There he found some scorpions, living in burrows, and (Arthropos isn't quite male or female, as he is a humanoid pile of insects, so this is gender-neutral) he altered their form so that they had a humanoid torso mounted on the scorpion body. They retained a scorpion-esque claw on one hand (it varies, thanks to Obi), and a fingered hand on the other. They also grew to be quite large, but retained an exoskeleton (no bones). He boosted their intelligence and taught them language, then flew off (he can fly, simply by turning into a mass of beetles - forgot to mention he can change what type of invertebrates make up his form) to see other gods, sending a telepathic signal to them.

Kaiser Omnik
2008-10-29, 08:44 AM
Morstar

Morstar heard the telepathic message of Arthropos. He had no idea what this new god wanted from him. So he waited.

The_JJ
2008-10-29, 09:02 AM
Golodi beheld the newcomer, and said, Intresting... you there, new guy! Arthropos! Very intresting... you know, insectoids make the best clockwork templates, I think it's the exoskeleton, it just fits. You, on the other hand, have a most intresting design. Thousands of tiny parts working together, a hive body. I must go and apply this to my studies. A new maxim; Take lessons and inspiration from the world around us, yes.

mizzim
2008-10-29, 10:23 AM
Aleya thought him Uberly boring. he was miles away from any water. she ignored him.

Odin the Ignoble
2008-10-29, 03:23 PM
Bordum pauses in his paperwork, to fill out a psychic transmission form.

Athropos,

There is something to be said for the organization of the insect world. The perfectly orchestrated movements of the Hive. If only all races showed such a predilection for order. Alas, it is not so, but one can dream. If you need any assistance in spreading the the good work, you need not hesitate to fill out a requisition form.

Yours Truly,

Bordum

kemmotar
2008-10-29, 11:26 PM
Obi answered alleya to her question of hello..with " hello"...and waited.

To anthropos he said nothing...a bug man thing...ewwwwww, hope i don't have to meet him...he shuddered at the thought...

But...he had bigger problems for now...that raven of a god had sent him a weird message indeed...don't hold what against him? He is the god of death, meaning he is death, thus he brings death...he can't kill me...it was weird the first thing he thought of was his unborn child...weeeellll i'm a god aren't I? Ok he's gonna be born today!!

He went to his draconic mate and said:

Congratulations darling, today we had a baby!!
When she asked when they had a baby he said:

Oh yeah, forgot about that! You'll have a baby in a few seconds He concentrated. Filomina's belly swelled up, an egg fell out and within seconds the egg hatched to reveal a beautiful baby dragon/human ugly thing (he thought...is that what they're supposed to look like?). What amazed him when he looked in the egg was the black top hat, the bowtie and....a black cane(?)

You know what...that's a good idea, never thought of a cane...it has a certain...hmm style! I LIIIIIIIIKE IT! truly a beautiful father - son relationship would grow...he had found his champion!

He materialised a cane for himself, took the baby and it's things and instantly teleported away. He made a small plane for himself and the child, went in, sealed the entrance so only he could open it again from the inside...on a second thought he made a second last a year. It was about 25 seconds later that two men, dressed smartly in black fitted suits, black top hats with a white ribbon, bowties and a black cane emerged in a bustling city. Having taught Rabban (that's the name he gave him) many things from his own experience...which was mainly jokes...he went on to teach him about life, they spent several hours learning the pleasures of alcohol!! It's about quality time!! Soon he would go to the orcs and make them his chosen race...he had thought a lot about it and 25 years is a lot of time to think!! Soon he said but for now he said:

Me finks we ad enuffff aperertiffs...on with the drinkthss my good woman...ohhh (he said squinting) i meant man...

He could clear the alcohol from his bodies with as much as a thought, but decided against it when his son said:

Oh fazza dis is good, i likes zis plaaathee...what's it called againnn?

itths a bar thon, a baaarrr...humanth comes here to drink...drink today, we have businethh to do tomorrow.

Their stupor held for a week, going from bar to bar, from inn to inn, drinking and eating endlessly, until the city ran out of alcohol to feed the neverfilling stomach of a god and his demigod son...At which point, they teleported to the main orc city and fell flat on their faces...

Anonymous Man
2008-10-30, 07:10 AM
But as Aleya Enters for the party, the whole floor comes in, an act of evil to balance the acts of good. then Inkoslavicarian said, I am sorry, Obi. But there must ALWAYS BE BALANCE! And now... The Raven Lord disappeared, never to be seen until the Balance was once again in peril.

OOC:I'm retiring the raven lord for now, and making another golem god. you'll find out who tomorrow.

Earl of Purple
2008-10-30, 11:50 AM
Arthropos

I wish merely to see what other gods have done, and if I may, talk. I would like your opinions on my new creatures, the scorpoids, and see what ideas other gods have had. Arthropos realised, that the scorpoids were beginning to starve as there was only a limited supply of creatures at the oasis to eat, (The scorpoids, like scorpions, are predatory) so he turned some normal aphids into larger forms which fed on sap and produced a jelly full of nutrients needed by the scorpoids, and taught the scorpoids how to harvest this jelly.

To Bordum, he replied Bordum, if you wish, I could send you a list of all invertebrates and their scientific names, listed alphabetically (by genus), but it will probably take several generations of mortals to sort through it, and that is just the insects, also I believe only a few invertbrates are as orderly as you think. There is a variety of bee, one of the more orderly groups, for instance, that enters a hive and pretends to be a Queen bee, causing very chaotic results. To Golodi, he said I am glad that me and my kind have been an insperation to you. If you wish, I think I might be able to help in your studies, I have had an idea which may help. To everybody else he says, I hope my form does not disturb you, but I find it most convenient, as, undoubtedly, you find your forms.

kemmotar
2008-10-30, 01:51 PM
OOC:
But as Aleya Enters for the party, the whole floor comes in, an act of evil to balance the acts of good. then Inkoslavicarian said, I am sorry, Obi. But there must ALWAYS BE BALANCE! And now...

so what exactly happened? Inkoslavicarian just stopped two gods from meeting? My whole palace goes down along with my pretty wife to be filomina? Anything happen to the Lady or my powers? Someone die?

Odin the Ignoble
2008-10-30, 02:57 PM
Bordum

To Anthropos
I would be most happy to receive such a gift. To this point categorizing insects has proven difficult, they refuse to stay in orderly piles. Is there any boon I can grant you in return?

An element of Chaos you say? Hmmm... I have been trying to recruit a chaotic deity for some time, at the request of the Raven Lord. Would you be interested in joining our fraternity? You could be the balancing entropy, the bugs in the system as it where.

ArlEammon
2008-10-30, 03:00 PM
Saradinus
One of the only mature and serious gods, Saradinus, began to fashion the Titans next... beings of pure arcane knowledge.... Saradinus transformed into a giant human form and breathed life into the earth. With his dragon's form he gave the titans a drop of his blood, and the new race was born in this way.

Earl of Purple
2008-10-30, 04:34 PM
Arthropos

To Bordum, Arthropos replies OK, but I fear your task of placing invertebrates into piles is doomed to failure. I will only be giving you a list, I won't actually place them into piles. As to the pantheon, I fear I must decline for the moment, because I would prefer to look after my scorpoids at the moment. As for the boon, I believe I will save that for when I can think of something. As Arthropos says this, a gigantic filing cabinet appears on top of one of Bordum's golems, each drawer marked things like 'crustacean' and 'gastropod'.Oops, hope that golem is alright. I'm not very good at aiming.After that, Arthropos looked upon the Scorpoids, and noticed that they had produced a surplus of jelly, and also that they were having trouble with their homes, as they still burrowed into the sand, but the Scorpoids were too big to have tunnels of any great size, but Arthropos had no knowledge of building, Actually, Bordum, if you could tell me any way of making dwellings for the Scorpoids, it would be much appreciated.

kemmotar
2008-10-30, 05:09 PM
When Obi returned to his home to see what had happened after he left Rabban with the orcs in hopes of teaching them some jokes he looked at it...one would expect dismay...one might expect anger...Obi was...intrigued...It was strange...he left never looking back (having totally forgotten about Filomina).

It's a strange thing looking at a golem waving...it's stranger enough when you pause your flying and it continues to wave. It waved, it waved...Curious things golems he said while he flew down to observe what it was doing...

Hello there he said cheerfully.

Hello, I am here to deliver a message from his maginificence the god Bordum!

Uhuhhhh.....okay.... Obi read the message, it was something about misunderstandings and balance...

He decided to forget past grudges and instantly teleported to where bordum was. He appeared in his more accepted form of a man with a black top hat and the bowtie on a big leather armchair.

I have a question he said without waiting for Bordum to look up from his work You said in your message that you wanted 3 gods, on of balance, one of law and one of chaos in order to maintain the balance...I'm guessing you're law and i'm sure i'm not balance so i have to be chaos...right??? If i'm chaos why would i want to join something that wants to promote balance by balancing chaos and law thus promoting balance instead of chaos....anyway it's fun...what do I need to?

OOC:sorry I hadn't answered for some time to the summons, was thinking about something:smallbiggrin:

Anonymous Man
2008-10-30, 06:12 PM
Jack-in-the-box appears, and noticed Aleya. oh, hi! who are you! It looks like you are a child. so am i! i'm jack. jack-in-the-box!

This is deliberate. You'll have to figure out him for yourself!

Odin the Ignoble
2008-10-30, 06:34 PM
Bordum

To Anthropos
I was afraid our insect herding project was doomed to failure. Oh, well. And don't worry bout the Golem, they are stout fellows. I'll have someone dig him out when the paperwork is completed.

As for the pantheon, take you time, there is no need to rush into things. You know what they say 'Check twice, file once'. The offer no doubt will remain open for some time.

I cant send you copies of the plans for our office complexes. If you are looking for something smaller, A cubical with a thatched roof may be in order. I can also offer you the services of some Golems. You know to help with construction and to make sure everything is up to code.

To Obi

I may be misunderstanding the whole chaos thing but what could be more chaotic for a Chaos god to do but promote balance?

You just have to sign here, here, and here then imbue these rubies with a bit of your power. I'm no exactly sure what the Raven Lord has in store after that. Bordum frowns I'm not horribly fond of surprises.

mizzim
2008-10-30, 09:06 PM
Aleya was startled by the jack-o thingy. she made it wet, just a little, and it turned brown and stopped moving. "weird," she said. "where am I?"

Earl of Purple
2008-10-31, 05:46 AM
Arthropos

Thank you for your advice, Bordum, and the golems would, I am sure, be appreciated by the Scorpoids. I shall tell some of them to watch carefully whilst the golems build the first houses, so that they will have builders. I do not have much grass or reeds in this desert, but there is a lot of rocks, stones and sand. Also, Scorpoids shed their skin to grow, so possibly the cast-off skin could be used as a renewable source of roofing materials. Oh, and by the way, what's a requisition form? said Arthropos. At the moment, Arthropos was over the foothills of some mountains bordering the Scorpoid's desert, watching a dragon. Hmm. Dragon. With this in his head, Arthropos flew off to the Scorpoid's settlement and noticed that some had died whilst attempting to cross the desert to spread. What was worse was that the nearest oasis (other than the one they had come from) was in the other direction. So Arthropos saw some dragonflies, and boosted their size and intellegence. He also gave them telepathic abilities and told them to help the Scorpoids expand their culture, but only after the golems had arrived.

Anonymous Man
2008-10-31, 07:15 AM
Jack gets wet, but then shakes the water off, revealing the he seems to be a golem made out of tin, with a small cape. hey! don't do that! it hurts! i just want to be friends.

mizzim
2008-10-31, 09:45 AM
she blinked.

kemmotar
2008-10-31, 05:42 PM
To Bordum

But then again promoting balance will disrupt promoting chaos since fundamentally the opposite of promoting chaos...in any case what's in it for me?

ArlEammon
2008-11-01, 05:11 PM
Saradinus
Meanwhile Saradinus, in his dragon form, takes a mate with him... Queen Alexis. Saradinus, with Queen Alexis begat Marinan, the Dragon Lord. Meanwhile, the dragon folk lived in peaceful coexistance with the fire elementals.

Anonymous Man
2008-11-02, 09:50 AM
Jack sighs, and sits on the beach, sadly. hmph. she's no fun. she won't even tell me her name! Jack-in-the-Box begins to make a sand castle.

mizzim
2008-11-02, 10:26 AM
(.... is Jack a god?)

Earl of Purple
2008-11-02, 01:05 PM
Arthropos

Arthropos had spread out (his body is lots of insects - they don't have to be all in one place but he can't use any god-type abilities) across the settlement of the Scorpoids, and saw that it was very dirty, with food waste nearly everywhere. Looking around, Arthropos saw a dung-beetle. He gathered his form, and increased the dung-beetles size and gave them the ability to eat anything organic. He told the Scorpoids not to worry and that the beetles were there to help, and so there was no longer any waste in their village.

Anonymous Man
2008-11-02, 07:19 PM
(yes mizzim, jack is a god of a new type of golems. well done! you win a smile. :smile:)

jack completes his sand castle, big enough for him to use, and says childishly, cool! but not quite enough... aaahhh, that's better! For the castle had just turned into tin and wood, just like him.

kemmotar
2008-11-04, 10:09 AM
OOC: What happened guys? Is the thread dead? I'm waiting for Bordum's answer but if it's ok with anonymous, i can do something else until he returns and i can resume the conversation then or by telepathy or something:smallbiggrin:

Odin the Ignoble
2008-11-04, 01:23 PM
To Obi

Balance isn't the opposite of anything. By joining the fraternity you are setting yourself in opposition to me. If I have my way the entirety of the world will be orderly and manicured. None of that offensive chaos to interfere with honest paperwork.

I'm not sure what exactly is in it for anyone. A sense of purpose I suppose. A chance at truly discovering what you are the God of.

Earl of Purple
2008-11-04, 04:44 PM
((OOC- I haven't posted for a bit because Mum's conquered the table with stained glass))

Arthropos
Arthropos, now that the golems had arrived ((I hope you don't mind Odin, but I think they've been forgotten)) had observed the building of the huts, but didn't think something so... dead... summed him up properly, and didn't wish for a temple to built for him like that. So Arthropos, after noticing that termites were really good builders, so he altered some so that they built a giant termite mound that had holes in the sides allowing scorpoids to worship inside. With the secret of building, plentiful food, decent scouts (massive dragonflies), and good hygiene, the Scorpoids spread out across the desert, with settlements at most of the larger oasises and a few at the smaller ones. Thanks to his latest gift, each now had a temple, too.

kemmotar
2008-11-04, 10:36 PM
To Bordum

Hmm you say interesting things...but you spoke of three...last i heard of that raven he was gonna do something about balance being restored and he blew a hole in my tower last i checked...

Ok then, by the way, i got a question...you're supposed to be the god of order...right? Why would you not want everything to be ordered and manicured, isn't that your purpose as is, supposedly, mine to have everything in chaos? Why would you want balance...shouldn't there be something more to bind us...like beyond what we can help...i don't need you and you shouldn't even like me *cough*not that you do but anywayyyyyyyyy*cough*...for that matter i shouldn't even be talking you...or should I?

He sat there pondering his question waiting for the answer...could he be the god of chaos? Worth a try..he did say I could find out what I am the god of...maybe I should try it...

At once he grabbed the rubies and imbued them with his power...maybe a little more than he intended for they glew bright threw the whole prism of colors as if they were unsure what color they wanted to be.

That should it ehh?

Earl of Purple
2008-11-05, 02:23 PM
Arthropos

As the Scorpoids spread across the desert, Arthropos looked at the terrain surrounding the desert. To the East were some hills and mountains with dragons in, to the South there was an ocean, to the West there was a river with plains and an orc village nearby, and to the North were more mountains and a glacier. Seeing the orc village, Arthropos investigated. There weren't any temples, shrines, altars, icons or any other sign that they were the followers of another god. They also had none of the subtle, minor aura to show they had been blessed by another god, except for a divine trace Arthropos had also found on his Scorpoids and the golems which had visited his Scorpoids to show them how to build. The orcs were settled, with farms nearby. As they were mammals, and not worshipping him (or any other god), he could not affect them directly, and Arthropos thought they might be a threat to his Scorpoids. He also sensed pheromones telling of a lot of invertebrate deaths, but also that they provided food and home for a lot more. He decided to attempt a conversion. He sent dream to the village chief, but he would not listen to what Arthropos had to say. So Arthropos found a locust, altered its colour and behaviour and increased the population, causing a great plague to descend upon their crops. A few days of locusts eating their supplies has occured.

kemmotar
2008-11-05, 04:36 PM
OOC: Earl of purple, i'd appreciate it if you didn't decide months pass without me for the orcs are my chosen and my own son is with them teaching them. He is a half dragon half god appearing in the shape of a human...Because i've been talking with Bordum and the thread has been dead for a while I haven't had time for them so can we just rewind to before some months passed and the orcs said ok...

While Obi was talking with bordum he received a signal from his son. The orc chief had had a dream wherein a new god had told him he should become their god and sent locusts to destroy the crops. He also told him the education of the orcs to become his bearer of the jokes was kind of failing but he had taught them other important arts such as agriculture and architecture. They had no official god yet but they deemed him as a deity sent to help them. The orcs were progressing albeit slowly...

To his son he said through their mental link:
Son, be afraid not of this new god. I shall speak with him and see what we get out of it. When i've finished some other business i'll come and survey your work. For now teach the orcs of war too. This may not be the last time we may have to deal with intruders!

To Anthropos he established a mental link and spoke in a voice thundering and deep as the mountain*just for effect he thought...*:
Newcomer to our realm, you have wasted no time to expand your dominion, however, you have erred in your decision. If you wish to war with me so shall it be, if not remove thy plague or feel my own! The orcs are accompanied by my own flesh and blood, my son whom i have schooled in all the arts and your interference is unneeded. Leave my realm

He did not wait for an answer but just as he was severing the connection a laugh escaped him shrill and high for he had been holding it all the while...pretending was so much fun he would have to try it again on someone....

Odin the Ignoble
2008-11-05, 08:24 PM
To Obi

What do I have to gain? Job security. As long as you are around there will always be things to be put in order. Mistakes to be corrected. Misunderstandings to smooth out.

Once Obi, had left he returned to his work. Under his stewardship what huge once been a single office had ballooned to a huge size. An entire city had been created to supply, ink for quills, paper for forms, wood for desks, stone for office buildings and all of the other materials needed to run an office.

kemmotar
2008-11-05, 10:14 PM
This is randomness intervening:

In every city, in every race (that reproduced and those that didn't), in every activity and every word randomness had come in. Some golems began to malfunction, some children born were born below average, while others became geniuses that affected the world. Mistakes were made in forms, some deliveries were late, some were early. Misunderstandings and accidents started occuring as Obi's presence began to affect all things.

The bigger the establishment, the more accidents would occur, the more births the more deviances. The effect was still small but it was noticable to someone watching carefully. That was bordum, he began to notice as time passed, as soon as reports came in, sometimes there would be small discrepancies. The single biggest report being the referencing of all insects was affected more.

The bigger the establishment misunderstandings occured in bigger numbers, words said when none should be spoken, wrong words.

Things went wrong all around, but in a way, balance would be kept. Some things went wrong, but some things went better. This was Obi's contribution to the world, however, that was not known to him. Perhaps nobodyd would realise..perhaps someone would...maybe someone would be lucky, the lady(that being lady luck born of Obi) smiled to herself as she observed the world.

ArlEammon
2008-11-05, 10:36 PM
(I wanted to plop in and say, I didn't know what I was getting into when I joined this game. I think that I shouldn't bother with this, I may be out of my league.)

Anonymous Man
2008-11-06, 08:14 AM
Jack summoned the golems that were like him to his side, all golems who had been affected by Obi. Jack then asked them, who am i? what should i do? why doesn't anyone like me?

Earl of Purple
2008-11-06, 02:26 PM
OOC - Sorry kemmotar, I didn't realise that Obi had the orcs, I must have misread/misunderstood/missed something. Sorry, I shall edit it so only a few days pass and the orcs won't convert. Sorry again.

Arthropos

I do not wish war, indeed I did not realise the mammalian village was under you're protection. If, however, you press war against my Scorpoids, I will do my utmost to protect them. They are my favoured race, just as these orcs are you favoureds. Arthropos sent to Obi, and he called off the locusts. Then, because Arthropos wished for his Scorpoids to be able to defend themselves against aggression and misunderstandings due to their form, he found some mosquitoes and improved their size and intelligence and granted them telepathic communication. They were now about cat-sized and intelligent enough to make effective spies and, if neccessary, assassins. They were given orders to spread out into the world and listen for any plots or plans to attack the Scorpoids or their desert. Then, as a gesture of good will, Arthropos sent a group of Scorpoids with enough food for themselves, the village and a bit extra just in case something went wrong to the orc village. Also, as I don't believe we have met or even had any conversation, my name is Arthropos and would you accept trade between the orcs and the Scorpoids? My Scorpoids have had encounters with creatures of the same general shape as your orcs, but have yet to meet any mammals. Oh, and may I enquire as to your name?

kemmotar
2008-11-06, 04:25 PM
To anthropos:

He responded to the telepathic message in his usual soft and giddy voice Ahh chill...nobody but your insects could want or be able to live in that desert of yours so i don't want your lands. Keep them, but don't come into mine with plagues and armies and aallll shall be well. I know not how the orcs fare for now, go to my son, Raban, he shall trade with you if he deems it beneficial for the orcs. My name is obi...well it isn't, my real name is too big to be useful and anyone who uses it afterwards hates me...no idea why though...What's yours newcomer? What's your agenda here?

As he said these words he was already travelling back to his palace, he hadn't seen Filomina in ages and wanted some nice homecooked food...although she sometimes burned the food with her fire....

As he arrives there he sees a whole in his great black tower, a castly of wood and tin and a woman and a...maybe...a golem sitting around. He floated gently there and in the voice of a mother scolding her children said:

somebody's got some explaining to do here i think...first of all who blew a hole in my tower, second, who built a castle on my palace and where is Filomina?????

His voice was completely smooth but anger reverbrated under the surface and the feeling that he deemed himself higher than the ones he was talking to. The hat squinted at the golem very conspicuously, while the bowtie looked at the woman with a mix of admiration and the question: are you going to take responsibility? How pieces of clothing were able to seem to have expressions was, however, a mystery to both listeners.

Anonymous Man
2008-11-06, 05:08 PM
(first of all, jack and aleya are both children, and secondly, obi is actually kind of Jack's father.)

Upon spying Obi fly in, Jack-in-the-box cried out, daddy! you're home!

kemmotar
2008-11-06, 10:50 PM
OOC: I knew Jack was kind of a golem, didn't realise aleya was still in childlike form, apologies:smallbiggrin:

Obi chose to ignore for now why that golem called him father and would like for now to be concerned more with the tower while trying to figure out an explanation for a second child...He still waited for an answer glaring, now with both the bowtie and the tophat, at the golem child!

Earl of Purple
2008-11-07, 06:38 AM
Arthropos

Hello then, Obi. My name is Arthropos, and I am the god of invertebrates and reptiles. As for the desert, I chose it because I know that mammals do not like it here for some reason. How may I contact your son, Raban? Arthropos then, because he wished for somewhere for him to go when he got tired of the mortal realm and his Scorpoids still lacked an after life, created a plane and populated it with everything a Scorpoid, Dragonfly or Mosquito could wish for. He also made it a perfect replica of the material plane, so that if Arthropos later created races for seperate habitats, then they, too, would have somewhere to live.

Anonymous Man
2008-11-07, 08:14 AM
Jack sprung powerfully up at Obi and wrapped his small arms around him. daddy, why won't that girl be friends with me?

mizzim
2008-11-07, 11:07 AM
"you're just.... creeping me out..." aleya said. she didn't like things that didn't like water.

kemmotar
2008-11-07, 02:44 PM
It seems that you are ignoring my question...let us deal with the hole in the tower and we'll solve the friendship problem, ok....

He realised he didn't know the baby golem's name...

Ok, what's your name child? And yours young lady?
As he decided that he had better take them on his side since if they started crying it would spell trouble...he had no idea what to do around children! What a predicament...he sighed...

OOC: Note to aleya, the tower is build in the middle of the ocean...hence I either like water or don't dislike water...

Anonymous Man
2008-11-07, 04:43 PM
i'm Jakente'hounx, daddy. I don't know who she is, but she made me wet, and tried to rust me, and the hole was there before i got here, do you like my house?

kemmotar
2008-11-07, 06:34 PM
uhuhh..yes it's very pretty...but bear with me Jakente'hounx...if you're my son...then i'm your father...and since i'm a god...you're a godling or half a god? Who's your mother anyway? Have i met her?

The_JJ
2008-11-07, 06:46 PM
Well... bugger. spake Golodi, frustration edging into his voice. The rate of technological growth was staggeringly slow... almost as if this world was traveling on some srage time scale. I know I said I'd try let things happen but... hey, if anybodies going to be the one to say 'oh, I wonder what happens if I do this' it might as well be me. Let there be... TECHNOLOGY!!!
And so Golodi uplifted each cultures level of technology.

Anonymous Man
2008-11-07, 07:22 PM
well...i guess i'm a godling. but i don't think i have i mommy. ]

(Obi, he's a new god, born of the different races you created, and of the mischeif you make. but if you want to get really technical, then his mom would be The Lady. also,)have you read any Terry Pratchet books?

mizzim
2008-11-07, 08:32 PM
"I'm Aleya, and i think it was the raven lord who did the hole. my palace is just over there." she said, pointing underwater.

kemmotar
2008-11-07, 10:46 PM
So no mommy, only daddy? Oh you poor thing how you must have suffered!come here and give daddy a hug!!
he said as he took on his human form bent down and tried to lift jack, realising he was too heavy and after sweating a bit he put him down and settled for a kneeling hug...

As he hugged him he tought...poor thing is an orphan!
With no better timing than credited to his own powers Filomina appeared fuming and flaming from seemingly out of nowhere and said:

YOU HAVE BEEN CHEATING ON ME???YOU SAID YOU LOVED ME, YOU SAID I WAS YOUR QUEEN.......YOU HAD ANOTHER SON!!!!HOW DARE YOU??....... she remained speechless for several seconds to see that Obi hadn't noticed her. She procceeded to open her great maw wide and let loose a jet of flame at his backturned figure which NIARRR promptly turned into a lovely rose petal shower. She threw herself over the cliff at with a great yell at which point Obi raised his head and said with mild surprise:

Where did those roses come from? Was it you young lady? If it was you son then I will not tolerate gender indecision in this family!
He sat thoughtful at the last phrase...something was bothering him...
AHA, I just noticed...are you a son or a daughter? Never had close enough relations with a golem to wonder...are you a golem son...or daughter...Are you a golem Jack?

have you read any Terry Pratchet Who me? I abhor the accusation! I have read too many Terry Pratchet books for my own good, probably. I thought nobody was gonna notice:smalltongue: the bad part is i liked the too much, you may have noticed the bowtie and tophat staring stolen from suitcase, lady again from the tales of rincewind and at some point before I made obi i was thinking of making thhe goddess of things that stuck in drawers...ever read making money? hehe

Anonymous Man
2008-11-08, 07:18 AM
i'm a son, daddy. and who was that who just tried to breathe fire at us?

are you kidding? my family has every Diskworld book ever written! also, jack only weighs about 5 pounds, and is made of tin.

Earl of Purple
2008-11-08, 09:00 AM
Arthropos

Arthropos told the mosquito-people to look for this Raban, telling them he would probably be in a big mammal city. Oh, Obi, the Scorpoids aren't insects, they're arachnids. Every other creature I have so far created are insects, however. Arthropos looked at the various ways of government, but he did not like any of them very much, except for those divided into castes, and the Scorpoids already had a council of elders at each settlement. Arthropos pondered how the Scorpoids could rule effectively, as they were spread out across the desert. So he decided to create a race that would act as judges for the Scorpoids, and he did it with beetles. He gave the beetles hands, so that they could act as scribes and record Scorpoid history and write up trade agreements, etc. He gave them empathic and mind-reading abilities so that they would always judge fairly and would be able to get the best possible price for anything they wished to buy for the Scorpoids. The beetles chosen were flightless, and so were these. They, like the Scorpoids, had only two arms, but whilst the Scorpoids had eight legs, the beetles had four. Arthropos decided to name the new beetle race the Scarab Scribes.

Odin the Ignoble
2008-11-08, 11:28 AM
Sorry guys, but I think I have to drop out. I don't have the time to devote to this game and the others. It was fun, feel free to npc Bordum.

mizzim
2008-11-08, 11:57 AM
[COLOR="Magenta"]
Who me? I abhor the accusation! I have read too many Terry Pratchet books for my own good, probably. I thought nobody was gonna notice:smalltongue: the bad part is i liked the too much, you may have noticed the bowtie and tophat staring stolen from suitcase, lady again from the tales of rincewind and at some point before I made obi i was thinking of making thhe goddess of things that stuck in drawers...ever read making money? hehe
(Wee Free Men!!)
Aleya sighed. "well, bye." she dove underwater to her palace, where she hung out watching tv all day.

(she's more into her "teenager" stage now.)

The_JJ
2008-11-08, 11:59 AM
Check the sig. :smallsmile:

Anonymous Man
2008-11-08, 02:02 PM
(Okay, kemmotar, the jj, and now mizzim? tell, me is there anyone in this thread who does not read Terry pratchet? alos, Bordum will now join The Raven Lord in limbo.)

kemmotar
2008-11-08, 02:42 PM
OOC: dammit i was just preparing to play a joke on bordum!!!anyway i'll do it for fun and then completely misunderstand bordum going in limbo if you don't mind.
Also, i'm the god of misunderstandings, what makes you think lifting anything is part of my portfolio? 5 pounds is too much to lift with hands...

Realising something Obi immediately got an idea and sent the one co responsible a telepathic message:
Bordum we had a son!!!
I mean it all makes sense, he said to himself, he doesn't have a mommy, or doesn't know his mommy...he's a golem and he's i think very...what was the word?? Bordum used it...aahhh yes...chaotic...makes perfect sense. He said I was chaotic, he's the god of golems...what could be simpler!

I'm in the process of buying and reading all the terry pratchet books, each one is better than the last!too much fun to be had in each book!

mizzim
2008-11-09, 10:17 AM
[sopiler] my parents won't let me read the discworld sereies. then again, when I tried to read one, my brain died. ALL TERRY PRACHETT THINGS SHALL BE IN SPOILERS!!!!!!![spoiler/]
my spoiler isn't working...

kemmotar
2008-11-09, 10:55 AM
OOC: your spoiler isn't working because the second spoiler thingy is supposed to be like this : [/spoiler]...and why will your parents not let you read Terry Pratchet?

Obi was waiting for Bordum's answer...he waited and waited but got no answer...he turned to Jack and said:

It's ok son, we'll make it by ourselves even i some snob gods don't want to talk to us! Now tell me about yourself...

mizzim
2008-11-09, 10:58 AM
(cuz they think it's too confusing for me... and they'r probably right...)

Anonymous Man
2008-11-09, 11:44 AM
(Terry pratchet is confusing, yes. but thats why its awesome.)

Earl of Purple
2008-11-09, 11:50 AM
I have read the Discworld books. I have read a lot of other books, too (my bedroom is more like a library), but I do like the Discworld. I recently rereread The Wee Free Men. And the extra re is there on perpose.

Arthropos
Arthropos observed his Scorpoids, and they were inhabiting every oasis in the desert, but they were running low on building materials, as most trees were being used by Scorpoid farmers producing aphid-jelly and stone was hard to find. And yet, spiders were plentiful, each one producing silk nests. So Arthropos increased the size of some spiders and increased the output of their silk. He taught the Scorpoid builders how to use the silk as a building material, and eventually silk tent-like constructions out numbered the wood and stone cubes.

kemmotar
2008-11-09, 04:37 PM
(cuz they think it's too confusing for me... and they'r probably right...)

How do you mean confusing? As a plot or confuse you as a person to start believing the world is a disk carried by 4 pink elephants on the back of a great start turtle wading with slowness and yet with purpose towards somewhere? Anyone who can believe that that is true were crazy enough before reading the book and it's much better that the secret is now in the open:smalltongue:

mizzim
2008-11-09, 07:10 PM
How do you mean confusing? As a plot or confuse you as a person to start believing the world is a disk carried by 4 pink elephants on the back of a great start turtle wading with slowness and yet with purpose towards somewhere? Anyone who can believe that that is true were crazy enough before reading the book and it's much better that the secret is now in the open:smalltongue:

....................what?

kemmotar
2008-11-09, 11:46 PM
.................................................. ....what what what?

Earl of Purple
2008-11-10, 03:52 PM
Arthropos

Arthropos noticed that some settlements had very little home-grown jelly but were exporting silk, or similar. In order to make the job of carrying objects across the desert, he found some centipedes and thought that would be a good beast of burden, if it was slightly larger. So he boosted their size, increased their width so they were nearly wagons and decreased the potency of their poisonous bite. They were now large enough to carry many, many things on their back.

((I haven't actually described the colours of my creations, so I thought I would do that now. The Scorpoids have rather pale carapaces, as they were desert scorpions. The aphids are still green, and the beetle-vacuums have black, shiny carapaces. If you have ever seen a Southern Hawker dragonfly (AKA Blue Darner, Aeshna cyanea), that is what the giant dragonflies look like, only helicopter-ish size. The Scarab Scribes also have black carapaces, but theirs have the symbol of Arthropos on the wing case, and the spiders also have it upon their abdomen, but are otherwise brown. In both cases it is paler than the surrounding pigment. These new centipedes are also pale in colour, because I've never personnally seen a dark one))

Anonymous Man
2008-11-23, 05:45 PM
[Has the thread been abandoned?]

Earl of Purple
2008-11-26, 09:51 AM
I am not sure, I couldn't find it for a while.

Anonymous Man
2008-12-14, 08:10 AM
I am now officially declaring this thread dead.

mizzim
2008-12-14, 09:59 AM
Even though it was interesting, .....Yeah.