PDA

View Full Version : So, how to give stats to a God...

AngelOmnipotent
2008-10-02, 01:33 PM
I suppose the title says it all; how do you do it?

I know that once you get into silly epic levels that the only things left to kill are Gods and home-brew monsters, but what level does a God tend to start at? The specifics like class and feats are no matter, but things like racial adjustments if any, creature type? Are they all celestials or are evil gods something else? or even entirely different altogether?

If you're wondering why, I said to my group that at the start of each session they each get a Yahtzee roll with 5 d20s and if they succeeded they would go straight to lvl 100. Thought to myself what are the odds? Yeah...:smallannoyed:

Luckily they said they would happily go back to being level 8 but they want to kill something first :smallbiggrin:

For another question, what is the gestation period for an elf? :smalltongue:

SurlySeraph
2008-10-02, 01:35 PM
Here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineRanksAndPowers.htm) is how you start statting out gods.

As for elven gestation periods... damned if I know. Anyone around here have the BoEF?

Fax Celestis
2008-10-02, 01:37 PM
Here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineRanksAndPowers.htm) is how you start statting out gods.

As for elven gestation periods... damned if I know. Anyone around here have the BoEF?

I do, at home.

hamishspence
2008-10-02, 01:38 PM
well, if you want a WOTC source answer: Races of the Wild: Elves, humans, and other similarly sized creatures have a gestation period of around nine months.

nargbop
2008-10-02, 02:52 PM
AngelOmnipotent, you are a silly DM for providing massive mechanical bonuses based on random chance. That being said, I want in immediately. :smallbiggrin:

Now, as for your questions : WoTC has written a book called Deities and Demigods that answers your question officially. It sounds like your party is well beyond the scope of that book. Most deities have 20 Outsider Hit Dice and 20-40 generic class levels, plus a whole bunch of divine abilities and bonusses.

I would suggest pulling a massive "It didn't happen" , and substituting something awesome, a magic item well beyond the party's wealth level. As you have it now, it seriously won't be any fun for anyone if you've never played epic together before.

The Glyphstone
2008-10-02, 02:57 PM
Step 1: Ignore the existence of Deities+Demigods.

Step 2: Google "Dicefreaks".

Step 3: Find the Dicefreaks Deity Creation rules.

Step 4: Go nuts.

Dr Bwaa
2008-10-02, 05:15 PM
Addition to Glyphstone:

If your PCs are at level 100, each is more powerful than a God. If any are full casters, they were more powerful at level 21. So what I'm saying is, at level 100, if you want to challenge them, do not throw a God at them. Throw Advanced Gods, plural. That's plural advanced gods, which means at least four :p

monty
2008-10-02, 05:19 PM
At level 100, they're beyond taking on even multiple gods. If it were me, I might consider throwing Death (http://d20npcs.wikia.com/wiki/Death%2C_CR_373) at them, just to see how they do.

Dr Bwaa
2008-10-02, 05:20 PM
At level 100, they're beyond taking on even multiple gods. If it were me, I might consider throwing Death (http://d20npcs.wikia.com/wiki/Death%2C_CR_373) at them, just to see how they do.

Hehehehehe. :smallamused:

AngelOmnipotent
2008-10-02, 05:20 PM
AngelOmnipotent, you are a silly DM for providing massive mechanical bonuses based on random chance. That being said, I want in immediately. :smallbiggrin:

Now, as for your questions : WoTC has written a book called Deities and Demigods that answers your question officially. It sounds like your party is well beyond the scope of that book. Most deities have 20 Outsider Hit Dice and 20-40 generic class levels, plus a whole bunch of divine abilities and bonusses.

I would suggest pulling a massive "It didn't happen" , and substituting something awesome, a magic item well beyond the party's wealth level. As you have it now, it seriously won't be any fun for anyone if you've never played epic together before.

I was thinking of giving them the item since they said that they didn't want to stay level 100 since they prefer the lowbie levels. I mean you've got to give them -something- for being so damn lucky! I've played epic before, just not -that- epic. Maybe giving them a staff or a nice rod...

As for the book I'll have to see if I have it. I bought a whole job lot of wotc books from ebay but haven't had time to see what I've actually got my hands on -- it must be close to 50 books. I've wanted to roll up a God for another campaign so it will come in handy.

Step 1: Ignore the existence of Deities+Demigods.

Step 2: Google "Dicefreaks".

Step 3: Find the Dicefreaks Deity Creation rules.

Step 4: Go nuts.

Thanks I'll give that a try :smallsmile:

AngelOmnipotent
2008-10-02, 05:22 PM

Luckily they only wanted to try and fight something before going back to their original level just to be fair. It kept them quiet though for the rest of the night as they took out new sheets, books, and leveled themselves to 100 :smallcool:

Dr Bwaa
2008-10-02, 05:27 PM
One thing you could do, since at level 100 PCs are far beyond Gods, is the following:

1. The party goes way back in time
2. The party slays all the Gods/whichever they choose to
3. The party takes the places of those Gods
4. Flash forward to next session, back in the level 8 bodies, but the pantheon the PCs are worshipping now includes themselves (with names slightly altered over the course of time).

Or maybe I just like time travel too much =D

chiasaur11
2008-10-02, 05:28 PM

Heck, Death would probably go down if the players are smart about char-op.

Level 100, there's almost nothing that can fight you. And the stuff you won't slaughter can explode you retroactively.

TheThan
2008-10-02, 06:20 PM
*inserts witty reply regarding PunPun*

There its done, lets move on.

chiasaur11
2008-10-02, 06:52 PM
*inserts witty reply regarding PunPun*

There its done, lets move on.

Thanks.

It was getting difficult to resist.

sonofzeal
2008-10-02, 07:04 PM
Just have them kill some suitably appropriate major deity. Remember, this is an "omake" rather than an actual adventure, so it should be rather easy but still FEEL awesome. Give them something they can win without major effort, but is utterly outside of reach of pre-epic characters.

Mando Knight
2008-10-02, 07:06 PM
If any are full casters, they were more powerful at level 21.

Don't many deities have 20+ levels in a full caster class? If so, then they qualify for Epic Spellcasting as well as their divine abilities... and a Cleric 30/Ranger 20/Outsider 20 is going to have a lot more power than a Cleric or Wizard 21... and Greater Deities auto-20 in every check when they want to... and a Vorpal weapon in their hands is capable of destroying anything that has a head and is vulnerable to critical hits... (i.e. most adventurers...)

Dr Bwaa
2008-10-02, 07:14 PM
No deities that I know of have more than 20 levels in any one casting class, and I don't know of any that overlap to give 21+ levels of either arcane or divine magic. Obviously this changes if you advance them, which is the reason for doing so.

FMArthur
2008-10-02, 07:41 PM
Use Ouroboros, AKA the Tail Devourerer, AKA the Dragon Lord of Time (http://d20npcs.wikia.com/wiki/Ouroboros,_Great-Great-Great_Wyrm_Cometary_Dragon).

Aside from incredibly vicious spells and offensive actions availible to him...

Time Folding (Su): When making a full attack the cometary dragon gains an additional attack for every age category. This is akin to the haste spell, however the effect stacks with itself. This also grants a +1 bonus to attack rolls; armor class (dodge bonus) and Reflex saves per age category. (Ouroboros IS time itself. Think about that in terms of "age categories")

Transtemporal (Time): Ouroboros can travel freely in time. Beings without the Slipstream ability are granted no actions against Ouroboros, as he attacks them in the past. Beings with the Slipstream ability can act against Ouroboros, however, Ouroboros still gains triple actions against such opponents; simultaneously acting from the immediate past, present and future. Ouroboros acts normally against foes that also posess the Transtemporal ability.

Seventh Sense (Ex): Ouroboros can replay 68 rounds per day. When he replays a round, everyone else uses the same actions, whereas he can change his actions based on the knowledge of what they are going to do. He can only replay a given round once before the time stream becomes too muddied and confused. The Slipstream does not defend against this ability. Other beings with Seventh Sense can replay their actions (within normal initiative order) along with Ouroboros if they choose to use one of their uses per day.

monty
2008-10-02, 08:24 PM
No deities that I know of have more than 20 levels in any one casting class, and I don't know of any that overlap to give 21+ levels of either arcane or divine magic. Obviously this changes if you advance them, which is the reason for doing so.

Good thing you don't need 21 caster levels to get Epic Spellcasting, then. The only prerequisites are 9th level spells (obtainable with no more than 18 caster levels and much less with a full casting PrC) and being epic. Well, and a bunch of skill ranks, but any caster god would have those maxed anyway.

Cuddly
2008-10-03, 12:30 AM
\As you have it now, it seriously won't be any fun for anyone if you've never played epic together before.

Why?

fillerfillerfiller