PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero: On Tour Help

Gaelbert
2008-10-02, 01:50 PM
So how exactly are you supposed to alternate pick in this game? Is it even possible? On the 32nd notes or whatever it is, I aalways fail long strings of them because I can't pick fast enough. And when I keep the pick down on the touch pad, it registers as a whammy bar instead of picking. Do I just need to get faster or am I missing something?

Arang
2008-10-02, 03:00 PM
Alt-strumming is pretty straightforward. Down, then up, then back down. It's easier to keep with the beat if you only think of yourself as playing the ones on your downstrums, provided that you can make upstrumming automatic.

Unless they've changed something around, that is. If you have a lot of trouble, try going back to Medium or whatever and play a couple of songs only with alt strumming to get the hang of it.

Gaelbert
2008-10-02, 03:48 PM
I know what alternate strumming is, I play guitar. I'm just wondering how to implement it in On Tour, because of the set up. Because of the format, you have to push the pick towards and across the touch pad. Basically, down and across if that makes any sense.

Arang
2008-10-03, 07:42 AM
Oh snap, I was thinking of World Tour. My mistake.

I can't really be of much help here, but what happens if you just replicate the movement of a GH controller (or guitar, I suppose) and go back and forth?