PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day Remedies

Haleyintraining
2008-10-02, 02:26 PM
Sometimes I have a bad day. So does everyone. Looking back what made it a bad day seems so small and insignificant, but in the moment it makes me want cry. Does anyone have any bad day remedies?

One I use is that I put my favorite song on replay, and listen to it for a few hours. It annoys the &#!$ out of anyone else around, but it makes me feel better.

Zeful
2008-10-02, 02:28 PM
I go play unreal tournement/PS2 until I stop having a bad day. Shutting your mind of for two hours or so is a good way to pass the time.

Tzaranna
2008-10-02, 02:31 PM
Chocolate always helps.

WalkingTarget
2008-10-02, 02:32 PM
Yeah, killing electronic people is always a good one if the bad day is caused by people in the first place.

I also like hanging out with friends and doing anything as long as it has nothing to do with the source of the badness.

Barring those options, find a fun book and just read for a bit. It's hard for me to stay mad at anything after reading some Pratchett or Brust.

reorith
2008-10-02, 02:33 PM
i spray paint in a poorly ventilated area. that usually takes the sting out of a bad a day.

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-02, 03:14 PM
i spray paint in a poorly ventilated area. that usually takes the sting out of a bad a day.

not to mention makes all the corners round...

Stressful angry-blowing the hell out of electronic people and cities. Mercenaries was my go-to for this, but it sadly had to go bye-bye with my PS2 so we could pay the rent a long time ago. No More Heroes has filled in nicely, though.

Stressful tired-I disappear. Literally, I just go away somewhere, anywhere where no one is going to bother me. Even if it means just shutting the door and not letting anyone in.

DraPrime
2008-10-02, 03:33 PM
A massive rampage on Grand Theft Auto always helps. Music always makes me happy, as does drinking some caffeine.

valadil
2008-10-02, 03:39 PM
Get on the highway and just go for about an hour with the music as loud as you can stand. Sing along with it till your throat hurts and your speaking voice drops an octave.

I also recommend a trip to the gym. I get a lot more reps in when I'm pissed off and when I'm done I'm too tired to be angry. Exercise will give you endorphins too and they should help any mood.

Atomsized
2008-10-02, 03:40 PM
Sitting down, playing some kind of video game, and drinking root beer is my best solution for removing stress. Especially the root beer part.

WalkingTarget
2008-10-02, 03:44 PM
Especially the root beer part.

Any particular brand? I'm kind of a root beer snob and I'm always looking for good ones that I haven't tried yet.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-02, 03:44 PM
I just like sitting around and doing nothing. Always fun. Possibly listening to music or playing a video game.

Jack Squat
2008-10-02, 03:45 PM
I'll cast another vote for video games, chocolate, and music.

For songs, I suggest listening to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0_GEHXpi78&feature=related) and then this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh6C1Fq_rN4), but that's just what works for me, and a few people I've shown it to.

EDIT: Also, going to work on a punching bag, or anything else physical (push ups, running, lifting weights, etc) works. Results may also vary on this.

DraPrime
2008-10-02, 03:45 PM
Any particular brand? I'm kind of a root beer snob and I'm always looking for good ones that I haven't tried yet.

Mug root beer is the greatest of them all.

WalkingTarget
2008-10-02, 03:48 PM

Mug is low on my list (but above Dad's). I'm much more inclined to get a Sprecher, IBC, or Boylan.

DraPrime
2008-10-02, 03:51 PM
Mug is low on my list (but above Dad's). I'm much more inclined to get a Sprecher, IBC, or Boylan.

Blasphemer! Heretic! :smalltongue:

three08
2008-10-02, 03:52 PM
i take barq's over mug, myself, but it's a matter of taste, of course....

i like beer soda. a nice, cold beer soda or five two is a miracle-worker, if the bad days are infrequent enough that you don't develop alcoholism.

....tooth decay, i meant, of course.

....what? >.> <.<

averagejoe
2008-10-02, 03:56 PM
I usually go for a walk, or spend time with people. Also this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABWyXKT5qt4)

(No, seriously.)

Sisqui
2008-10-02, 04:03 PM
Chocolate and scented bath fizzies. And one look at my son's smiling face :smallsmile:

eidreff
2008-10-02, 04:04 PM
@^^ Yay Ren and Stimpy!

For me finding a friend who I can trust to talk through what as made the day bad. Often saying what has made the day so bad out loud, and finding the right words to explain what has made the day so awful, puts it all into perspective.

Either that or walking, just walking with no specific destination (that kinda resolves itself most of the time) It gives you space to think, but also the option of meandering without any kind of thought if that's what you want.

Crispy Dave
2008-10-02, 04:11 PM
shooting people in any way always helps me. Airsoft, paintball, video games and joining the military.

Mauve Shirt
2008-10-02, 04:15 PM
I come here. And/or go on archive binges of my favorite webcomics.
And when all else fails, I go the unhealthy route and eat a cookie. Followed by a nap.

Castaras
2008-10-02, 04:17 PM
Happy songs always make me feel better.

As does cuddling up to someone I feel comfortable with cuddling up to (family, loved ones, etc., etc.).

And just kicking butt in any computer game helps as well.

DraPrime
2008-10-02, 04:25 PM
shooting people in any way always helps me. Airsoft, paintball, video games and joining the military.

Oh yes. Nailing someone in the ass with a paintball gun is so fun. No, I don't mean it like that

Thufir
2008-10-02, 04:28 PM
Hugs. Hugs solve everything*

*Disclaimer: Statement may only be true for certain values of 'everything'.

Mephibosheth
2008-10-02, 04:33 PM

I too am something of a root beer snob. Sprecher (which I believe you've already mentioned) is my all-time favorite (I'm originally from Milwaukee, where you can easily get it by the keg!) but of late I've come to branch out a little bit. Off the top of my head, I can say that Henry Weinhard, Gray's and Virgil's Root Beer are good buys. Judging by their key lime soda I though Stewart's root beer would be good, but it was decidedly lackluster. A&W is (and always will be) my favorite root-beer-in-a-can. Mug and Barq's are both low on my list.

Mephibosheth

Flickerdart
2008-10-02, 04:53 PM
Jones root beer is superior to all, with Stewart's close behind.

As for bad days...believe it or not, but other people complaining to me. Yes, that makes me feel better somehow.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-02, 05:46 PM
I play the more violent videogames at my disposal.

Also, running helps. Alot.
As does meditation.

Going on a run in a thunderstorm, however, trumps everything else.

As for Root Beer, I'm an IBC fan.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-02, 05:54 PM
Talking to someone who I don't think is a complete moron (as it is usually complete morons who make my day bad) and who also doesn't make me feel like a complete moron usually makes me happy.

Failing that, reading a book, playing guitar, and gaming all rank up on my list of happy things.

Icewalker
2008-10-02, 06:01 PM
On the occasion that I get really angry with something, usually in the context of something I can't deal with, I go find a nice quiet hard piece of wall to punch a few times, then go do something fun instead.

Seems to work.

TheThan
2008-10-02, 06:13 PM

Heathens.

Everyone knows Sioux City Sasporilla, is the best soft drink of them all.

Collin152
2008-10-02, 07:00 PM
Heathens.

Wrong, it's-
Wait... yeah, I've had that before. It's the best, it's just been a while sicne I've had it.

Kimusabe
2008-10-02, 07:36 PM
As everybody seems to have said already, physical activity or nearly any sort, video games and music often perk up the end of a crummy day.

Also, getting a hype on caffine then running round the park for a couple of hours is always fun :smallbiggrin: well, for me it is.

Haleyintraining
2008-10-02, 09:15 PM
On bad days I also enjoy eating potato chips until I puke.

Jade Falcon
2008-10-02, 09:28 PM

ditto, but chocolat-covered peanuts for me :smallbiggrin:

Phae Nymna
2008-10-02, 09:34 PM
Heavy rain and Lovecraft stories or DnD rulebooks.

Rogue 7
2008-10-02, 09:35 PM
Video Games- usually Super Smash for me and/or either a nice binge of my favorite manga (Mahou Sensei Negima is generally just too awesome and happy to keep a bad mood) or anime are generally good reccommendations for one's sanity.

ForzaFiori
2008-10-02, 09:35 PM
running, violent video games, talking to a friend, sleep, an activity not suited for mentioning on the forums helps I've heard, if your above the legal age and into that kinda thing, I've heard alcohol/nicotine can help, just dont make it a habit.

as for rootbeer: I like IBC and A&W

Zeful
2008-10-02, 09:37 PM

That's not healty, neither is the killing of electronic people.

Also, sex is a good way to make one feel better (well as long as the other person is at least remotely competent).

And as for root beer, 1919 is pretty good.

Collin152
2008-10-02, 09:38 PM
Raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens,
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
Brown paper packages tied up with strings,
These area few of my favorite things...
When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel...
So~ ba~d!

Despite having objections to just about all those specific things, thinking of the things (or persons) I like helps Collin to not kill people on his bad days.

Innis Cabal
2008-10-02, 09:46 PM
I find the violence makes me feel better.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-02, 09:46 PM
Also, sex is a good way to make one feel better (well as long as the other person is at least remotely competent).

I assumed this was a given.

Also - not people, just filthy, filthy Xenos. And Heretics. And anything even remotely Heretical (Just to be sure).
For the Emporer!

WalkingTarget
2008-10-02, 10:42 PM
Heathens.

Well, Sioux City Sarsaparilla isn't technically root beer (they make a root beer as well, but it is distinct).

If we're including root beer-ish things in general, I actually prefer Boylan's Creamy Red Birch Beer, but I have real trouble getting it around here.

Roland St. Jude
2008-10-02, 10:49 PM
First, don't stress yourself out about what kind of rootbeer you're drinking. :smallwink: Just grab a beverage of your choice and watch/listen to some Flight of the Conchords (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmLHOGT0v4c). Lyrical genuises, nice musicality, skillful comedic timing and expressions. A few of their songs cheers me up every time.

Also, do something that you're good at -- something you're sure you'll succeed at but that gives you sense of accomplishment. Nothing like a little easy success to make you forget the nonsense of life.

Nychta
2008-10-02, 10:55 PM
First, don't stress yourself out about what kind of rootbeer you're drinking. :smallwink: Just grab a beverage of your choice and watch/listen to some Flight of the Conchords (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmLHOGT0v4c). Lyrical genuises, nice musicality, skillful comedic timing and expressions. A few of their songs cheers me up every time.

Also, do something that you're good at -- something you're sure you'll succeed at but that gives you sense of accomplishment. Nothing like a little easy success to make you forget the nonsense of life.

I agree, FOtC is hilarious.
When I have a bad day I sit with my cat and read, or tidy my room. Somehow a tidier room makes me feel better.
Also, the song "Panda" is good!
Panda panda panda
Panda pan-panda!

averagejoe
2008-10-02, 10:56 PM
First, don't stress yourself out about what kind of rootbeer you're drinking. :smallwink:

That's the spirit. It doesn't matter which rootbeer you drink so long as you're drinking rootbeer. We should all be joined in rootbeer solidarity.

Glass mug for the best results. :smallbiggrin:

Collin152
2008-10-02, 10:57 PM
That's the spirit. It doesn't matter which rootbeer you drink so long as you're drinking rootbeer. We should all be joined in rootbeer solidarity.

Glass mug from a glass bottle for better-than-best results.

Roland St. Jude
2008-10-02, 11:08 PM

Frosted glass mug, possibly with a scoop of real vanilla ice cream is my preference. Mmmm, I'll be right back. :smallsmile:

Collin152
2008-10-02, 11:10 PM
Frosted glass mug, possibly with a scoop of real vanilla ice cream is my preference. Mmmm, I'll be right back. :smallsmile:

Real vanilla?
You mean, as opposed to French Vanilla?
Or is French Vanilla the real thing?

averagejoe
2008-10-02, 11:13 PM
Real vanilla?
You mean, as opposed to French Vanilla?
Or is French Vanilla the real thing?

I think the French kind has keyword abilities? I've actually never been clear on that. :smallconfused:

This calls for experiments...

Collin152
2008-10-02, 11:19 PM
I think the French kind has keyword abilities? I've actually never been clear on that. :smallconfused:

This calls for experiments...

Yes, let us try both and be sure.
For SCIENCE!

turkishproverb
2008-10-02, 11:25 PM
Been there. I usually read a book. A whole book. nonstop. Or kill Orks in Dawn of War.

TheThan
2008-10-02, 11:28 PM
Wrong, it's-
Wait... yeah, I've had that before. It's the best, it's just been a while sicne I've had it.

Yeah, I have to settle for IBC Cream Soda around here (and that’s even hard to find).

Despite this, I have deep burning passion for Dr. Pepper… I got hooked on it in high school and its still my preferred soft drink.

de-trick
2008-10-03, 12:30 AM
friends, music, and driving on a open country road

easiest way to loss any stess for me is to hop into my buddys car turn up the stereo than once we leave townm i hop in the drivers seat, failing that just stop carin and cut loose

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-03, 01:30 AM
Been there. I usually read a book. A whole book. nonstop. Or kill Orks in Dawn of War.

PURGE THE XENOS! FOR THE EMPORER!
Yes, this is my current violent video game of choice. Imperial Guard for the Win!
(I don't care that you were seriously nerfed in Dark Crusade, and completely ignored in Soulstorm, I still love you and your massed Lasgun fire...)

Man, I need to actually learn the miniatures/tabletop game, sometime...

turkishproverb
2008-10-03, 01:44 AM
PURGE THE XENOS! FOR THE EMPORER!
Yes, this is my current violent video game of choice. Imperial Guard for the Win!
(I don't care that you were seriously nerfed in Dark Crusade, and completely ignored in Soulstorm, I still love you and your massed Lasgun fire...)

Man, I need to actually learn the miniatures/tabletop game, sometime...

Good game, bad company. I recommend buying the minis/books used. And 3rd party minis help lessen the costs.

Lorien077
2008-10-03, 01:56 AM
Tea, good cookies.... and noobs to smite on S4 or your favorite MMO. Either that or more copic markers, but that's just oddly specific.

Vuzzmop
2008-10-03, 02:21 AM
I agree with the tea idea. Its even in the SAS handbook! I think.:smallconfused:
I normally just eat, but music is good if its the right kind. Lately I've been using Viva La Vida, just 'cause its nice and mellow, with a sound that goes nicely with **** days.

On a side note: L&P is the only soft drink for the refined pallette. really people! Learn your obscure carbonated beverages!

ghost_warlock
2008-10-03, 02:32 AM
Some of my bad day remedies:

Listening to angsty music and slowly shifting into something more mello and soothing (e.g., starting with Disturbed, Linkin Park, Seether, choice Tool/APC tracks -> Lisa Loeb, Sarah McLachlan, choice Tool/APC tracks).
Snuggling with or petting my cat.
Snuggling with my gf (rarely; she's not a very snuggly person :smallfrown:)
Bailey's irish cream ice cream is soothing.
Filling a big glass partway full of Pepsi and then dropping in a couple scoops of Bubble Yum ice cream.
Rosemary & Olive Oil Triscuits are a super-food.

Edit: Half of my list is food-related. :smallredface:

three08
2008-10-03, 12:08 PM
i'm pretty sure french vanilla is just a kind of coffee, because vanilla only grows in tropical areas like south america and madagascar. i'm probably wrong though; that's not uncommon.

speaking of which, Science Facts always make me happy. spend an hour on wikipedia reading about quasars and lagrange points and see if you're still upset.

also, sleeping.

WalkingTarget
2008-10-03, 12:26 PM
I think that the "French" part has to do with the way the ice cream is prepared rather than the nature of the vanilla (I think the French kind is more of a custard; eggs and suchlike). I suppose that means one could have French [flavor of your choice] ice cream, but I've not seen them. hmm... :smallconfused:

That's another good Bad Day Remedy! Ice cream for all!

valadil
2008-10-03, 01:15 PM
French Vanilla is eggier and has a different taste. No idea which is better in a root beer float. I wonder if any parts of the US refer to it as freedom vanilla...

SurlySeraph
2008-10-03, 01:34 PM
Violent video games, working out, punching soft things (preferably not living ones), and listening to I Feel Fantastic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zidiWe9yq88) on loop when I'm starting to feel better. If I'm just angry, I listen to metal as loudly as I possibly can, preferably Pantera. Pantera has a way of making you feel goddamn invincible. Headbanging and/or punching the air helps a LOT.

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-03, 01:38 PM
There's nothing a round of headbanging music can't help with.

...well, except maybe a headache...

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-10-03, 01:41 PM
Stealth killing in any video game is a wonderful therapy, as is griping someone in Force Unleashed and throwing your lightsaber into them over and over again (or slamming them into the floor over and over again).

Collin152
2008-10-03, 07:06 PM
Stealth killing in any video game is a wonderful therapy, as is griping someone in Force Unleashed and throwing your lightsaber into them over and over again (or slamming them into the floor over and over again).

For even better psychic stealth-killing, I recommend Second Sight.

Yarram
2008-10-03, 08:02 PM

The problem with starwars as therapy is that all of your enemies die too quick, or they can't be force choked at all. Playing unreal tournament at 50% speed with zoom-instagib on... Now THAT is therapy.

KazilDarkeye
2008-10-03, 08:05 PM
I recommend a sugary drink, some handpads/gloves and something heavy though fagile.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-03, 08:34 PM
OH! I forgot this one, probably because its so uncommon and wierd.

But, spending a long time shaving away a five o'clock shadow or finally shavin away a long growth helps center me and wakes me up.
I think it has something to do with the sound and feel of the blades across my face...
Manual razors for the win!

Razaele
2008-10-03, 10:22 PM
List of things I do to remedy a bad day in no particular order:

1. Eating binge. I usually just hit a buffet (someplace with gratuitous amounts of sushi), loosen my belt a few notches, and let the hunger overtake me.

2. Violent video games. I swear that sometimes, violent video games are the only thing keeping me from snapping and hurting someone (making me regret it later). Now, if only they could make a violent video game that allows you to put the face of the person causing you stress into the game and letting you beat/shoot/burn/decapitate/explode/nuke the **** out of them.

3. Talking with, going out with, or just plain hanging out with good friends. Nothing beats a willing ear, a shoulder to cry on, and a lot of hugs and kisses. Also, this is not gay in any way for me because all of my good friends are women. :smallwink:

4. Watch a good movie that is irrelevant to my problem. Something in the comedy/action genre. Laughing at something funny, or laughing because some guy "got blown up good" is great therapy. Best with friends who also appreciate these movies the same way you do.

5. Going out for a long walk with no particular destination. I don't know why, but for some reason, whenever I start walking I shut everything out and maneuver around in auto-pilot mode. This gives me time to ponder about the problem at hand, along with a lot of other things. Always good for clearing up my head.

6. Last but not least, I rant in my blog. Writing rants help me view my problems in a clearer light, and usually results in copious amounts of lulz for my readers. Win-win. :smallbiggrin:

Winter_Wolf
2008-10-03, 10:35 PM
I never had a Sprecher before I came to Wisconsin. It's pretty good, but it costs more than a (good) beer in a lot of places.

When I'm bummed, good black tea cheers me up immensely. And dark chocolate. Mood appropriate music, too. (I used to hat listening to jazz, but I found that light jazz on a rainy day is really nice now.) I also like being indoors and looking out a window at a rainy day while sitting next to a lit fireplace; that cheers me up, if it's available.

Cup o' hot cocoa never fails to bring happy with it. Especially if you're inclined to make it from scratch. I spike mine with a lot more vanilla extract than I probably need, but it tastes so nice. I used to spike it with vodka, frangelico, and creme de cacao, but then I stopped drinking. (Also, those are three fairly expensive forms of alcohol!)

Also enjoyable, putting on god mode in a video game and just kicking ass for a while. So it's cheating, so it's cheap, so what? Sure it gets boring sooner or later, but it makes me feel good when I'm down and want to hit something.

Sometimes reading a good horror story. Let's face it, Lovecraft's characters are all screwed up and destined for a horrible fate, but it does make me feel better about what's going in in my life.

If you have a dog, remember that they're great companions and hugging a fuzzy buddy is always uplifting.

SurlySeraph
2008-10-03, 10:48 PM
2. Violent video games. I swear that sometimes, violent video games are the only thing keeping me from snapping and hurting someone (making me regret it later). Now, if only they could make a violent video game that allows you to put the face of the person causing you stress into the game and letting you beat/shoot/burn/decapitate/explode/nuke the **** out of them.

If you have a Nintendo 64, the game Perfect Dark (or a few other shooters), a Game Boy, a Game Boy Camera, and a Transfer Pak or whatever they called that thing that let you upload stuff from a Game Boy to the N64, you can do that. As a matter of fact, I believe that the reason they stopped producing the Game Boy Camera was because of people doing exactly what you described.

Tragic_Comedian
2008-10-03, 10:53 PM
If ya wanna beat the blues, I got two words for ya: Sing 'em.

Unique
2008-10-03, 11:25 PM
Raindrops on roses, and whiskers on kittens,
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
Brown paper packages tied up with strings,
These area few of my favorite things...
When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel...
So~ ba~d!

Despite having objections to just about all those specific things, thinking of the things (or persons) I like helps Collin to not kill people on his bad days.Ack... stop making me love you, dammit! I love that song. It can't be used to serenade me, mind, on account of it was a lullaby for me when I was, like, six, but still...

You get Davepoints for knowing it. I'm gonna say... thirty-seven.

@ Root Beer: Yes. I love Root beer. Also, Sprecher. Because Milwaukee.

@ Beer beer: Eh...

@ Caffiene: Yes. God yes. Oh sweet Jesus Hector Christ, yes.

My favorite way to relieve stress seems to be a tie between divulging some manner of secret to someone I trust, getting on the internet and flirting with someone for absolutely no reason other than that I can, and blowing crap up in Battlefront 2.

And Collin, before you ask, no. You're special :smallwink:

Razaele
2008-10-04, 04:20 AM
If you have a Nintendo 64, the game Perfect Dark (or a few other shooters), a Game Boy, a Game Boy Camera, and a Transfer Pak or whatever they called that thing that let you upload stuff from a Game Boy to the N64, you can do that. As a matter of fact, I believe that the reason they stopped producing the Game Boy Camera was because of people doing exactly what you described.

:smalleek:

*runs off to buy an N64*

EmeraldRose
2008-10-04, 10:41 AM
Let's see, I have a few I can think of:

Coming home to have dinner ready and waiting.
Hugs from my son and Andre after I get home.
A glass of wine after dinner (well, before being pregnant)
Being left alone for half an hour after getting home in order to have decomp time.
Laying on the couch under a blanket, watching tv until bedtime.
Killing lots of stuff in a game.

There's probably more...

Collin152
2008-10-04, 02:35 PM
Ack... stop making me love you, dammit!

Never!
Forever!

sktarq
2008-10-04, 03:15 PM
Step one: tea (flavor based on if I have companions and the weather)
Step two option 1: read something I've read before anmd know I enjoyed the first time
Step two option 2: get a massage
Step two option 3: meditate
Step two option 4: discuss history, philosophy, or sociology with friends
Step two option 5: Read RPG books, work on DM prep work, world build
Step two option 6: have lady friend dote on me
Step two option 7: .....
Step three: Profit

Zarrexaij
2008-10-04, 03:26 PM
A good cup of coffee and some cookies to dunk in the coffee almost always makes me feel better.

xPANCAKEx
2008-10-04, 04:51 PM
Step one: tea (flavor based on if I have companions and the weather)
Step two option 1: read something I've read before anmd know I enjoyed the first time
Step two option 2: get a massage
Step two option 3: meditate
Step two option 4: discuss history, philosophy, or sociology with friends
Step two option 5: Read RPG books, work on DM prep work, world build
Step two option 6: have lady friend dote on me
Step two option 7: .....
Step three: Profit

correction

step three: ????
step four: PROFIT!

Leigh
2008-10-04, 04:55 PM
If you have a good friend, cry on their shoulder. That always helps me, as long as I know that my friend actually listens to me and I'm not boring the heck out of her.

Or, sleep. After eating chocolate. And watching a favorite movie. And talking to someone you love.
Heheh...I've had practice with these. Listening to songs is what always helps me out the most, though.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-04, 04:57 PM
They always forget the ????? step.

Semidi
2008-10-04, 05:01 PM
My days usually get better when I clear a few things out of my room and create a mix of The Stooges, MC5, The Velvet Underground, and some others (select Beatles, Sonic Youth, Joy Division, Pixies, and Genitortures). I then proceed to totally rock out: jump around, sing along, and give myself whiplash.

I find that acting a little bit (OK a lot) crazy in the privacy of my own home does wonders for my mood.

Raz_Fox
2008-10-04, 05:41 PM
I listen to the music of Michael Card. The way he turns the Bible into music is simply beautiful, and the last time I had a horrible day I simply set To the Mystery on repeat until the wild, fantastic music had completely washed away the sorrow and hurt. Some music works for curing Bad Days, some music doesn't. Almost all of Card's work is in the former category.

Oh, and daydreaming often works as well. I have a lake behind my house, and just walking around it (each lap takes about ten minutes with my long stride) and thinking about a new D&D character idea or fleshing out an idea for a story and sometimes just praying as I lope along does amazing things to the soul.

Hope I helped.