PDA

View Full Version : I murdured an entire town of the Friendly Arm.

ArlEammon
2008-10-02, 02:52 PM
I killed everyone in the Friendly Arm Inn

In Baldur's Gate with a wand of frost and a lot of luck.... Everyone in the entire town. My alignment is lawful good. How can this be?

Driderman
2008-10-02, 02:54 PM
Is this some sort of riddle?

Poison_Fish
2008-10-02, 02:56 PM
That inn wasn't so friendly nor armed, eh?

ArlEammon
2008-10-02, 02:57 PM
That inn wasn't so friendly nor armed, eh?

You've never played Baldur's Gate?

Arang
2008-10-02, 03:02 PM
I remember the time I tried to hold up the Adventurer's Mart fresh out of Chateau Irenicus.

Yeah, that didn't go too well.

Poison_Fish
2008-10-02, 03:02 PM
You've never played Baldur's Gate?

Actually, yes I have. I know exactly what your talking about. I still had that question the first time I went to the inn.

Pyro
2008-10-02, 04:03 PM
I remember trying to do that...man those were the days. Being 8 and not even reading half the dialogue, then proceeding to kill everyone just cuz. I should really go back and play it right.

Tengu_temp
2008-10-02, 04:50 PM
I killed everyone in the Friendly Arm Inn

In Baldur's Gate with a wand of frost and a lot of luck.... Everyone in the entire town. My alignment is lawful good. How can this be?

Because Baldur's Gate's system does not have alignment changes, duh.

Starbuck_II
2008-10-02, 04:55 PM
I remember the time I tried to hold up the Adventurer's Mart fresh out of Chateau Irenicus.

Yeah, that didn't go too well.

Heh, ever do the Fire Dragon quest and leave after killing the the guys that you appear near?

The Order sends like 4 warriors, 1 Cleric, and 1 Mage after you in Dock, Slums, or Bridge distinct (exact time before they arrive is variable).

The Mage has 7th(8th?) level spells like Horrid Wilting (not fun).

I ran inside the Slum's inn (and they followed me) so there I was thinking I could rest and relax before going outside to finish them (or try). But then they came for me. I ran for it (hiding in that passage that leads to cells).

Luckily, they didn't follow (this time as last time they blast me with horrid wilting kill 1/2 the party) and I decided to save (I thought this would be a heroic battle like the Alamo...they won right?).

Surfice it to say + tomake a long stort short I won with only Yoshimo dying (but I can afford a raise).
But what I didn't know was there was anothe group looking and named same as them on the other side of the door!

There was more deaths. But due to the extras treasure due to that "Bug" I could easily afford the raise.
Did I mention I didn't buy a license to cast spells in so the Cowled Wizards sent some wizards down on me in the same battle.

I'm surprised Gamefaqs doesn't mention this epic battle possibility.

EvilElitest
2008-10-02, 05:20 PM
I remember trying to do that...man those were the days. Being 8 and not even reading half the dialogue, then proceeding to kill everyone just cuz. I should really go back and play it right.

i beat taht game when i was eight too actually, except i understood it
from
EE

Arang
2008-10-03, 07:35 AM
Heh, ever do the Fire Dragon quest and leave after killing the the guys that you appear near?

The Order sends like 4 warriors, 1 Cleric, and 1 Mage after you in Dock, Slums, or Bridge distinct (exact time before they arrive is variable).

I did leave once, but never knew they showed up to punish me for that. At that point, I'd done so many evil things I was more surprised by how long it took them to show up.

Speaking of the Cowled Wizards, a solo Mage/Thief has good prospects for phat levels and loot at the very beginning of the game, because seven traps can reliably kill every party the Cowled Wizards send after you, right up to Zallanora and Kholymnus Paak. After that, besides killing a few dozen of the arrogant cretins, you also net a bunch of scrolls, jewellery and probably two or three levels. Not to mention the fact that you won't have to suffer the shame and monetary disadvantage of paying for a license ...

Ethdred
2008-10-03, 09:49 AM
Never tried attacking an inn. Been ages since I played either version, especially 2. Think it's not even installed. I do remember a big fight with a githyanki party after my silver sword. Had to reload that a _lot_ of times before I could win it!

DariusAPB
2008-10-03, 09:54 AM
You can still get that game to work reliably?
What do you use? VMware? Virtual Machine? XP settings? Vista?

Texas Jedi
2008-10-03, 10:01 AM
Never tried attacking an inn. Been ages since I played either version, especially 2. Think it's not even installed. I do remember a big fight with a githyanki party after my silver sword. Had to reload that a _lot_ of times before I could win it!

The one that kept killing me was the battle in the bonus tower with the Beholder and the other casters.

I don't know how many times I tried to do that battle and kept getting killed.

ArlEammon
2008-10-03, 10:01 AM
What do you use? VMware? Virtual Machine? XP settings? Vista?

Oh this was a few years ago actually.

Om
2008-10-03, 10:23 AM
I have great memories of that game. I was less jaded back then, thus much more able to immerse myself in the experience, so it was a huge relief to finally escape the wolves and arrive at the Friendly Arm... only to be confronted on the steps!

What do you use? VMware? Virtual Machine? XP settings? Vista?It should run fine on XP. If for some reason BGI won't work but BGII will then you might want to check out the [=http://www.usoutpost31.com/easytutu/]Easy Tutu[/url] mod

Starbuck_II
2008-10-05, 06:06 PM
I did leave once, but never knew they showed up to punish me for that. At that point, I'd done so many evil things I was more surprised by how long it took them to show up.

Speaking of the Cowled Wizards, a solo Mage/Thief has good prospects for phat levels and loot at the very beginning of the game, because seven traps can reliably kill every party the Cowled Wizards send after you, right up to Zallanora and Kholymnus Paak. After that, besides killing a few dozen of the arrogant cretins, you also net a bunch of scrolls, jewellery and probably two or three levels. Not to mention the fact that you won't have to suffer the shame and monetary disadvantage of paying for a license ...

I use Jan and Yoshimo for Traps.
Yes, killing the Cowled wizards are awesome. I never get that license.

Pronounceable
2008-10-06, 12:55 AM
Edwin can take them all after a few levels. I remember an especially stupid one who cast Gate. The fiend ate half of them.

Breltar
2008-10-07, 09:18 AM
If you don't have the games you can buy them through GoG.com I believe.