PDA

View Full Version : Getting back to where I once belonged

Smajie
2005-04-24, 11:47 AM
After posting, I am redirected to the post I made, and then I usually want to return to the forum in which I am. However, there is no link back to the forum on the bottom of the page, so I need to scroll upwards, which is annoying.

If the little box with quick links to the other forums could get a "GO!" button (to allow me to use it to get back to the forum in which I posted) or if a copy of the little path-tree on the top (The Giant in the Playground - Message Boards > General > Board Issues > Start new topic) could be added to the bottom of the page, I would be joyful.

Thanks,
Smajie

Edit: Oh! The reason I mentioned that it happens to me after posting is that normally I would be able to use the "back" button.

WampaX
2005-04-24, 07:20 PM
To answer this previously asked question, I direct you here (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1060451634).

As to why such a simple transition has not transpired, well, RawBear would have to answer that one.

Zherog
2005-04-24, 08:12 PM
Edit: Oh! The reason I mentioned that it happens to me after posting is that normally I would be able to use the "back" button.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding... but why can't you use the back button? I use it on every messsage board I post to (including this one). Most of the time, I right click the back button and select the page I want so I don't have to risk a double post by going to the wrong page.

Smajie
2005-05-07, 08:08 AM
Yes, I could click the back button more than once, or use the scrolling menu. But that's about the same as scrolling to the top.

Of course, in the end it's all just laziness. I'll live without those shortcuts.

Zherog
2005-05-07, 09:13 AM
*shrug* I'm about as lazy as they come, and I don't find it particularly burdensome to right click on the Back button and select the page I want.

Smajie
2005-05-07, 01:04 PM
It's also partly habits from the WotC boards, where I'm used to clicking the "GO" button beside the forum shortcut list.