PDA

View Full Version : Most Cool in the Comic

gamerboy6000
2008-10-02, 04:56 PM
This is my first annual Most Cool (Alive) Person in the comic! Each year, on the first Thursday of the month(if I don't have to much work) I will have nominees for the Most Cool (Alive) Person in the Comic! this will be based on the last 100 comics. Here are these years contesants!Note: This is your opinion! Not the most powerful in levels.

Mr.Scruffy- http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0520.html

Haley- http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0577.html

Qarr- http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0584.html

Kazumi- http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0587.html

Hinjo- http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0588.html

V- http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0591.html
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0595.html

Votes will be updated every day at least. You may vote once, if you vote a second time, your previous vote will be deleted.
Edit:Ok, coolest then, also, this is based on the last 100 comics, and we also said alive

Votes:
Mr.Scruffy:3
V:3
Haley:2
Kazumi:2
O-Chul:0

Voting is now closed. The winner is: Mr.Scruffy and V!

Theodoriph
2008-10-02, 05:01 PM
The most powerful living creature in the comic atm is likely Redcloak.

Actually...probably MiTD first, then Redcloak.

Your process seems to have very little to do with power, and more to do with "coolness".

Evil DM Mark3
2008-10-02, 05:22 PM
Theodoriph called it. It is the fundamental flaw with Vs style threads. The coolest guy wins, not the strongest. The sad fact of Vs threads is that the Marty Stu should win. But all of the major competitors are not on you list. :redcloak::mitd: quite possibly :sabine: and depending on your definition os "alive":xykon:. Also why is :haley: on the list but :belkar::durkon::elan: aren't?

chiasaur11
2008-10-02, 05:23 PM
I believe you forget a certain individual with Paladin and fighter levels.

And a recent thread debating his paladin mount.

Shadic
2008-10-02, 05:31 PM
If we're going off strength scores, Hinjo.

Assuming that you mean power though, Vaarsuvius.

Greep
2008-10-02, 06:04 PM
Xykon-redcloak-MitD are really the only competitors, none of which are listed o.O

If you mean a popularity contest tho... I'd go with elan.

Flickerdart
2008-10-02, 06:07 PM
Snarl. Duh.

Theodoriph
2008-10-02, 06:08 PM
If we're going off strength scores, Hinjo.

Assuming that you mean power though, Vaarsuvius.

I'm fairily certain MiTDs strength is much, much higher than Hinjo's. Hinjo doesn't really have a high strength score as far as we can tell. :smalltongue:

Thant
2008-10-02, 06:08 PM
Well, I think you missed it - the most powerful living thing in the comic is THE SNARL. Not even the gods of OotS can beat her:smalltongue:

but if I must choose from the list, it would be Mr. Scruffy - who knows what terrible secrets that sweet little white furball keeps from the outside world...

Theodoriph
2008-10-02, 06:09 PM
It's supposed to be some kind of Person though (as per thread instructions), in as much as creatures like Qarr in D&D are people.

Regardless, I'm not sure if the snarl or gods qualifies as such.

Thant
2008-10-02, 06:11 PM
It's supposed to be some kind of Person though (as per thread instructions), in as much as creatures like Qarr in D&D are people.

Regardless, I'm not sure if the snarl or gods qualifies as such.

Well both Gods and the Snarl are pretty much alive. And individual for that matter.

Shadic
2008-10-02, 06:12 PM
I'm fairily certain MiTDs strength is much, much higher than Hinjo's. Hinjo doesn't really have a high strength score as far as we can tell. :smalltongue:

I was going off those characters that the original poster linked to.

Theodoriph
2008-10-02, 06:14 PM
Well both Gods and the Snarl are pretty much alive. And individual for that matter.

I'm not (edit: sure) if the OP qualifies them as persons though. Else there wouldn't really be a point to this thread. Not that there really is anyhoo.

I was going off those characters that the original poster linked to.

Ah =D

ocato
2008-10-02, 06:17 PM
I have a feeling we're about to see :durkon: prove he's stronger than :vaarsuvius: with a Thor style smack down.

And let's face it, it's about time.

Thant
2008-10-02, 06:18 PM
Else there wouldn't really be a point to this thread. Not that there really is anyhoo.

You said it:smallbiggrin:

Greep
2008-10-02, 07:27 PM
okay now that the contest changed I'd say V.

If write-ins are allowed, redcloak instead.

XenoTherapy
2008-10-02, 07:39 PM
^ Seconded. On both counts.

Flickerdart
2008-10-02, 08:11 PM
I have a feeling we're about to see :durkon: prove he's stronger than :vaarsuvius: with a Thor style smack down.

Hammer time? :smallbiggrin:

Haleyintraining
2008-10-02, 08:52 PM
I vote Haley.

I bet your wondering why.

NerfTW
2008-10-02, 09:13 PM
Why are Redcloak, MitD, and O'chull not on the list? Redcloak is near-epic level, MitD is pretty powerful, and O'chull has (spoiler from War and Xp's)

a constitution score in the 20's

not to mention his success in the torture routines Xykon was using.

chiasaur11
2008-10-02, 09:18 PM
Yeah, you left some big gaps.

My vote goes to a guy who hasn't been mentioned yet, your favorite snarky precognitive entrepreneur and mine...

THE ORACLE OF SUNKEN VALLEY!

Let's give him a big round of applause.

RosesOnConcrete
2008-10-02, 09:51 PM

QFT. Durkon needs a badass moment, and V's starting to scare me.

Hithros
2008-10-02, 10:05 PM
Out of the choices?

Haley.

Sanjay
2008-10-02, 10:09 PM
Kazumi.

That "Why should I care how many people I have to kill" quote is amazing.

Linkavitch
2008-10-03, 01:19 PM
Well, I think you missed it - the most powerful living thing in the comic is THE SNARL. Not even the gods of OotS can beat her:smalltongue:

How do you know the Snarl is a her?
Anyway, my vote is for the Scruffinator. Duh.

Linkavitch
2008-10-03, 01:20 PM
and O'chull has (spoiler from War and Xp's)

How do you get that?:confused:

NerfTW
2008-10-03, 02:15 PM
How do you get that?:confused:

Rich said it in the commentary.

"If I had to do it over again, I would have included more references to O-chul being the toughest member of the Sapphire Guard before the castle exploded; a lot of people didn't understand how O-chul, an at the time minor NPC, could survive an explosion that Miko couldn't. (Answer: O-chul has a Constitution score in the mid-20's)"

gamerboy6000
2008-10-03, 03:13 PM
Why are Redcloak, MitD, and O'chull not on the list? Redcloak is near-epic level, MitD is pretty powerful, and O'chull has (spoiler from War and Xp's)

not to mention his success in the torture routines Xykon was using.

I have already sais that this is based on what we've seen in the last 100 comics.

chiasaur11
2008-10-03, 03:18 PM
I have already sais that this is based on what we've seen in the last 100 comics.

He did that whole bit with Monster-San and the tortures from Xykon in the last 100 comics.

Frankly, the last hundred comics are why O-Chul is a favorite, not his Azure City actions.

Belkar Rocks
2008-10-03, 03:47 PM
Of the names on the ballot, I vote for Mr. Scruffy.

But based on what's happened since the fall of Azure City, my write-in vote goes to O'Chul.

NerfTW
2008-10-03, 04:16 PM

Then you can't add, since #500 was when Roy gave us the first glimpse of the aftermath, and every character I mentioned has had multiple appearances since then.

gamerboy6000
2008-10-03, 05:20 PM
I'm using fights as basis. O-Chul only kicked one hobgoblin in, and after that didn't do anything except get severly injured.

Greep
2008-10-03, 07:00 PM
I'm using fights as basis. O-Chul only kicked one hobgoblin in, and after that didn't do anything except get severly injured.

heh, surviving multiple acid baths with the shark and having the strength to run to attempt to kill xykon each time (it was referenced to happen a bunch of times) sounds pretty bad-ass if you ask me. That, and just his general coolness.

BowToTheBard
2008-10-03, 07:30 PM
Fights as a basis for badassery? Since when did you have to fight to be cool? V's coolest moment was Disintegrating a tied-up NPC. O-Chul deserves a spot.

BUT, if I must choose from the list, I vote for Kazumi. How can you NOT love someone who rose from a nameless background character to a "goddamn baby-making, life-taking MACHINE!"

Greep
2008-10-03, 07:43 PM
Fights as a basis for badassery? Since when did you have to fight to be cool? V's coolest moment was Disintegrating a tied-up NPC. O-Chul deserves a spot.

BUT, if I must choose from the list, I vote for Kazumi. How can you NOT love someone who rose from a nameless background character to a "goddamn baby-making, life-taking MACHINE!"

I think gamerboy's watched too much dragonballZ ;)

Bankai! Whoops wrong anime.

gamerboy6000
2008-10-03, 07:58 PM
O.K, from now on, for these I will have 5 contestants. Since everyone seems to want him, here is O-Chul. If you want to change your vote, go ahead.

Greep
2008-10-03, 08:03 PM
Well I'm staying V :) The explosive runes jokes were always hilarious to me.

NerfTW
2008-10-04, 09:05 AM

You didn't specify that in the original post. STOP changing your post just because you don't want this to be a discussion. You're just making a "stroke my ego by telling me which of my favorite characters I should love most!" thread.

Stop changing the rules every time someone suggests something to add, it's obnoxious and pretentious.