PDA

View Full Version : The Secret Forum Title revealed!

The Glyphstone
2005-05-02, 11:33 AM
Apparently, it's Titan in the Playground. I saw it a little while ago on another person's title.

Grey Watcher
2005-05-02, 11:53 AM
Let's not inflate his ego about that anymore than is required by law, OK?

White Blade
2005-05-02, 01:13 PM
Correction, US froejoe also has the title also isn't this topic forbidden by the no more discussing post counts rule or am I missing something?

Edalmri
2005-05-02, 01:44 PM
Just punctuation.

clarkcd
2005-05-02, 03:46 PM
Now that's funny! :D

White Blade
2005-05-02, 04:29 PM
Dude you know I meant Frojoe21

Frojoe21
2005-05-02, 04:58 PM
I'm not to proud of my ill gotten status, but whatever. I'll deal with it.

Frojoe21
2005-05-02, 07:46 PM
Man, that is awful, awful spam. Any more and you can open up a deli.

Sneak
2005-05-02, 09:29 PM
I guess, but probably all of us have spammed this forum at least once in our lives. Sure, it's spam, but it's not that horrible. I mean, especially compared to that guys "get rich easy" scam? Now THAT was really spam.

And I'm surprised that people JUST started a topic about this now, I think White Blade has been a titan for a while now. I noticed it before, but I didn't think to make a thread about it. Oh, and yeah I didn't realize Frojoe was a Titan until I saw this thread. And speaking of titles, I'm a barbarian now! Yay!

White Blade
2005-05-03, 04:01 PM
Well see, there was one before made by Gee Vee but I told him that A. Calling someone a spammer is an insult. and B. Talking about spam or post counts is ILLEGAL on these boards, which come to think of it I told this thread too....

Sneak
2005-05-03, 05:30 PM
Are you sure talking about spam and postcounts is illegal? I just checked the rules of posting, couldn't find anything that talked about talking about spam or postcounts.

SalSar_Thiran
2005-05-03, 05:31 PM
I wonder who he was talking about.......

Anyways, if the mods don't like this thread it will be locked. I would have started a thread on this a while ago, but I felt that would've lowered the quiality of these boards paising that person. I figured it wasn't nessesary.

RawBearNYC
2005-05-03, 05:43 PM
There was a post a while back going on and on about post counts. Rich locked it, and posted this:

The Voice of Mod: Ummmm...no.

White Blade, you are personally the foremost reason why there are now spam rules on this website. Even if one were of the opinion that post counts are meaningful (and I am not), you still did not achieve your post count by posting well-reasoned and thought-provoking messages, but often by responding repeatedly to message board games that take little or no thought to participate in. In fact, the entire discussion of post counts is a direct result of your misguided attempt to inflate your post count and with it, your imagined prestige. The fact that you have openly expressed desire to raise your post count for its own sake and an interest in "racing" to be the first to five stars--on this very thread--only underscores the idea that post counts are truly meaningless statistics for people who are impressed by statistics.

So here's the end result: This thread is locked. The thread about spam is locked. All future discussions about post counts will be locked as soon as we see them. All spammers will be treated as outlined in the thread about spam, which may include post count resets.

This is NOT open for discussion any longer. Am I making myself clear?

Now...

Voice of a Mod: The intent of this thread was to reveal the 5th title to everyone, that has been accomplished, and the topic has drifted away. So, based on Rich's post above, I'm locking this thread and gently, but firmly, ushering you lot of to other issues of world shattering importance.