PDA

View Full Version : DM tips?

Momo
2008-10-03, 04:30 AM
Ok, so I've decided to try and get a game of d&d going, since it's been about 10 years since I last played it I need some advice. I'm going to be DM'ing it.

So far, I've written up the first adventure - I've added characters the group will be interacting with, their leaders and employers etc. I've also tried to introduce the greater story arc they'll be getting in to later: an evil lich was recently destroyed in their area and it's minions are trying to recover its phylactery. The group will be able to help or hinder that goal.

I've written some set pieces I'll read out aloud at certain times.

What else do I need to do?

Thanks!

pingcode20
2008-10-03, 05:36 AM
Ok, so I've decided to try and get a game of d&d going, since it's been about 10 years since I last played it I need some advice. I'm going to be DM'ing it.

So far, I've written up the first adventure - I've added characters the group will be interacting with, their leaders and employers etc. I've also tried to introduce the greater story arc they'll be getting in to later: an evil lich was recently destroyed in their area and it's minions are trying to recover its phylactery. The group will be able to help or hinder that goal.

I've written some set pieces I'll read out aloud at certain times.

What else do I need to do?

Thanks!

You're better off taking this down to Gaming [d20] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30). That's where all the DMs congregate, and they're the best ones to give you advice.

Don't worry, we're a good community here and we're not going to bite. Honest. :smallamused:

thubby
2008-10-03, 06:46 AM
wizards of the coast (wotc) boards have a skilled, if at times slightly more hostile, pile of posters.
also, what edition?

Momo
2008-10-03, 07:02 AM
Heh - every time I post I'm told to go elsewhere :smallredface:

thanks for the tip though. Moved to D20.

AKA_Bait
2008-10-03, 02:54 PM
*cough* *cough* *cough* (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76474)