PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories

Burley
2008-10-03, 01:27 PM
I just found out that they're releasing a US version of Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories. It originally was boxed as a bonus with Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+, which only released in Japan... which is a shame because you're able to battle all 12 of the (non-Roxas) members of Organization XIII, and there are 2 new keyblades, and all sorts of new equipments that make me wish my PS2 was non-regional... and that I knew Japanese.

Anyways, for those of you who happened to play Final Mix+, what did you think of RE:CoM? How does the 3d work with the card system? How do the reaction commands work? Is the Card system any easier to deal with than the original GBA system was? The cut scenes good? Exposistion galore, yeah?

Please, inform me. (Hm... I think I may be in the need of a new avatar, since I've gone Kingdom Hearty again...)

Skippy
2008-10-03, 01:29 PM
I haven't played it, but even so, I can only say one thing:

YES.

Tirian
2008-10-03, 02:40 PM
I haven't played the new version (and didn't get far into the GBA before giving up on it), but you can see the cutscenes out YouTube and ZOMG they are gorgeous. I'd certainly be willing to give the game another try if it the Final Mix version was released in North America.

Jibar
2008-10-03, 03:44 PM
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh.
Why just RE: Chain of Memories!?
Why not Final Mix+ as well!?
They've already got English subtitles in there. Is it really that much trouble to localise?
Hmph. RE:Chain of Memories is cool and all. I guess.
*Wants his battle with Terra already. 'Cos yeah, I can't even beat Sephiroth so I'm totally going to be able to fight Terra...*

Drascin
2008-10-03, 03:55 PM
By the way, I fell a bit out of touch with the KH news after I knew there was no way they were releasing Final Mix+ outside Japan... Terra is one of those armored unknown people from the special ending, right? Where was her name mentioned? And any relation to the original Square's Terra, as in, Terra Branford from FFVI? I assume not, but hey, Nomura likes to toy with people's expectations, so better ask anyway :smalltongue:.