PDA

View Full Version : Help with a D&D character set up

darkriku2000
2008-10-03, 11:25 PM
Sorry in advance for a kind of a long post and a wall of text

Right, So my bro and I have arranged for some of our friends to meet up weekly on Saturdays to do some D&D

We will be playing with the version 4.0 rules (out of the official books) and so I was wondering if y'all could give me some tips. I was wondering if you guys could tell me how to start my character off

I plan on playing unaligned, as in, I don't do stuff for right or wrong or what ever, I do what benefits me.
I will want to by the end be a dual-classed rouge/ranger who is good at long ranged fighting, steeling, and bluffing myself at any trouble that I get into, also if an enemy manages to close in on me I want to be able to have a trick up my sleeve to be able to make a quick escape and put myself back at an advantage, my party will consist of 3 other people, and we will be using a standard array for stats (11,12,13,14,15 or something like that)

So, what I really wanted to know is what race should I take, what class should I start with, witch equipment should I start with, how should I distribute my stats, what skills should I take etc...

Edit: He is also allowing us to use the "Forgotten Realms" races and feats

Sorry for the really long post / wall of text

Thanks in advance for any help