PDA

View Full Version : Can't post on some forums.

Adumbration
2008-10-04, 03:51 AM
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/newreply.php on this server.
Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at www.giantitp.com Port 80

What's up with this? I can post on gaming, but when I try to reply in the roleplaying forums, this comes up.

EDIT: Strange. It doesn't let me post a copy of the post I tried to post before. But when I write it anew, in it goes.

Rawhide
2008-10-04, 06:20 AM
I'm looking into this. In the mean time, can you give me some information?

What thread(s) are you trying to post on?
What are you trying to post? (email it to webmaster at this domain if it doesn't work posting it here)
+What did you then post successfully?

Adumbration
2008-10-04, 06:31 AM
Here's the thread I tried to post in:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92861

This is what I finally managed to post.

Fricking weird. I tried to post an answer, and it tells me I have no permission.

Anyway, for some strange reason the shrapnel is apparently only listed in the CR index of MM II. Want to re-roll, or take 14 or 16? I'm good either way.

I don't have what I tried to post at hand, but it was essentially something along those lines. I also tried to copy the same message into my signature and on a pm, but of those delivered a similar answer.

I have a feeling it has something do with the copying, for when I finally got a post out, I had re-written it. I also copied the original message to Open Office document from where I on consequent attempts re-copied it.

Perhaps it was some sort of a security measure? You know, "Thou shalt not post copied messages"?

It was also shortly after the data backup process, if that has any bearing on it.

At this moment, everything works perfectly.

Rawhide
2008-10-04, 06:38 AM
Well, it's not copying and pasting, but it might have something to do with the backups. More likely it is something in your initial post that it didn't like, something thats different in your new post.

Rawhide
2008-10-04, 06:27 PM
And this appears to be exactly the issue. I've just fixed another post that wasn't working and it was a certain string the webserver didn't like, change the string and it works.

Zherog
2008-10-05, 04:36 PM
Out of idle curiosity -- what string, and why would the server give a dire rat's hairy ass?