PDA

View Full Version : Could the order rejoining be bad if........

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-04, 09:41 AM
Right now, the Order of the Stick is in two sepreate places. Soon they will rejoin somehow (I hope) but I was thinking earlier: What if it wasn't V who brought them back together?

I mean, Vaarsuvius has been working and risking his/her sanity to find Haley and Belkar, and Durkon has raised the theory that it is only because V wants win. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0508.html)

I was thinking that, since Haley's group is moving forward (albeit slowly) and V's group is basically at square one, I think it's a lot more likely that Haley and Belkar will meet up with V, Durkon and Elan. That would mean that V wouldn't win, because it wasn't his/her magic that did the job, possibly meaning a negative effect will occur.

Anyway, this is just an idea. What do you think? Likely?

Mauve Shirt
2008-10-04, 09:49 AM
Four words: But, I have magic!

Could be a bad thing for V's decreasing sanity, but I think we'll see it explode before the party reunites.

Kroy
2008-10-04, 10:34 AM
Good Idea!

Morty
2008-10-04, 10:44 AM
It sounds preety reasonable. It's very possible that it'll be Haley's group who'll do most of the work and V's reaction could be interesting.

Forderz
2008-10-04, 11:14 AM
V will probably say to Haley: "Miss Starshine, could we talk alone for a moment?" then proceed to cry his/her heart out and beg forgiveness for his/her failure. Haley will likely just slap her upside the head and say "Cloister, silly!" or something along those lines.

I think V will be happy no matter how they are reunited, and he/she might learn some humility.

Should this be spoilered?

Heroic
2008-10-04, 11:48 AM
Great idea! It would be funny to see V's reaction.

drengnikrafe
2008-10-04, 11:51 AM
You have a fairly good point.

However, is it possible that, when they rejoin, if it isn't by V's magic, he will start ranting about all the stuff she sent, and Haley will then convince him that the birds she sent were the only thing that kept party 2 (being Haley and company) alive, meaning, in fact, had it not been for Vaarsuvius's magic, they never would have rejoined because party 2 would be dead of starvation?

Linkavitch
2008-10-04, 01:31 PM
I think V would be mad for a while, but I don't think s/he'd actually attack Haley and Co./go insane at them appearing without the help of his magic.

Thant
2008-10-04, 03:57 PM
This theory sounds quite logical to me, I like it (especially for the "you-was-wrong-V-man" part). But how can that happen? I mean it seems real impossible that something of the sort could occur in less than, what - 60 strips? 90? More?

Ridureyu
2008-10-04, 04:58 PM
I think V would do what my dad does when he loses at something or is wrong.

V: "Well, my magic saved the day!"

Haley: "No, I tracked you guys down."

V: "Nope. I found a spell that did it. I'm right. I win."

Flickerdart
2008-10-04, 05:02 PM
Upon learning of the Cloister spell, V will be all "Ooh, I want that too", leading to our infamous four words for Epic casting.