PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Meetup IV - Return of Cheesecake!

Andre Fairchilde
2008-10-04, 10:02 AM
I'm not surprising ER with a birthday party, next Saturday October 11th at our house.

We are planning a meetup - this time with cheesecake - that evening.

Post here for thoughts.

Since Shadow doesn't exist, I'm not expecting him even though the Cubs and White Sox probably won't be in the playoffs (Go Cubs! :smalleek: Go Rays! :smallwink:)

EmeraldRose
2008-10-04, 10:19 AM
There's going to be cheesecake? Ok, I'll come. :smallbiggrin:

adanedhel9
2008-10-04, 10:40 AM
I may be able to make it in the evening. I'll be running a game in the afternoon; depending on timing and how much energy I've got afterwards, I could come. I'd imagine the same would apply to our mutual friends.

Oh, and Shadow doesn't not exist. He just hasn't been observed; until such time as he has been observed, he both exists and doesn't exist.

Shadow
2008-10-04, 10:43 AM
So I exist to some, but not to others?

I'd love to be there.
But I can't.
I have a wedding that day. Happy birthday though, hun!

And thanks for the PM. It's the only reason I logged in for a moment.
*runs away again*

Andre Fairchilde
2008-10-04, 10:46 AM
You're getting married? :smallwink: This is how rumors start!

EmeraldRose
2008-10-04, 10:48 AM
Shadow's getting married and we weren't invited? *is hurt* :smalltongue:

See, he really doesn't exist. He's somebody's alt. I guess Indy, since he runs around naked all he time...

But thanks, whoever you are. *hugs*

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-04, 11:09 AM
Shadow is getting married. *whisper whisper*
Man, you have to wait till summer so I can be there.....

:smalltongue:

Vibrant
2008-10-04, 11:26 AM
Telamor and I will most assuredly be in attendance, assuming satisfactory arrangements can be made regarding the kidlets (shouldn't be too difficult).

Andre Fairchilde
2008-10-04, 11:30 AM
(Smacks head!)

Levi is "Telamor?"

(Looks through pms...)

Who have I been sending PMs to?

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-04, 12:43 PM
Ahh...the timing-bug strikes again...

The Lady and I will be celebrating two years of blissful marriage (only minor injuries sustained!) that weekend.

Next time. I'll even bring proof of Shadow's existence. :smalltongue:

Andre Fairchilde
2008-10-04, 12:45 PM
Photo's don't count.

A hand... now that's a different matter.

EmeraldRose
2008-10-04, 12:53 PM
Eeew...no, no body parts. :smallyuk:

I suppose an anniversary is an acceptable reason to miss my party :smallwink: Happy early anniversary to you and the Lady!

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-04, 01:18 PM
Eeew...no, no body parts. :smallyuk:

Crap...ok, Plan B

I suppose an anniversary is an acceptable reason to miss my party :smallwink: Happy early anniversary to you and the Lady!

and a Happy early Birthday to yourself!

The Orange Zergling
2008-10-04, 01:26 PM
Shadow is obviously a bot, programmed to disappoint us endlessly. :smalltongue:

I wont be able to come but happy Birthday in advance!

Andre Fairchilde
2008-10-04, 01:30 PM
:smalleek:

Happy birthday, by the way! We understand you are now a teenager 14? What'd you get? :smallbiggrin:

The Orange Zergling
2008-10-04, 01:50 PM
A new graphics card, Call of Duty 4, a Mythbuster's DVD and 2 Rhapsody of Fire albums. And thanks, although let's try not to derail this thread. :smallwink:

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-04, 01:50 PM
Dammit! Can't make it. Have college that week. :smallfrown:

Mordokai
2008-10-04, 02:32 PM
Can't make it. Atlantic in the way :smalltongue:

Oh well, have fun ya all. Happy early birthday to ER.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-04, 02:40 PM
Yep, happy early B-day to ER, told Andre to pass it from me to her on msn already.:smallsmile:

Thes Hunter
2008-10-04, 06:11 PM
I will be there because I promised Andre that if he organizes it I will come.

Now he just has to provide me with a harem of cute and available men. :smallwink:

And after that me and ER are going to ditch him with the kid and go have fun. :smallbiggrin:

loves_to_laugh
2008-10-04, 06:28 PM
Yay! I have been waiting to hear of another meetup! Surprisingly I don't have to work that day. I will just have to con someone into giving a ride. I sadly don't have a car yet. And I doubt I could make the trip on my trusty bike. :smalltongue:

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2008-10-04, 07:42 PM
Hey Andre, I just have to know. Are the battle lines between you and ER drawn for Monday night yet?

Vibrant
2008-10-06, 11:31 AM
Dohhhh...Something has come up and I won't be able to make it. :smallsigh: I think Levi is still planning on it, though, as I will have the kidlets with me.

Supagoof
2008-10-06, 02:17 PM
My wife and I shall be there. At least, I'm pretty sure we shall be there.

Don't worry Andre, if the women take off to go clubbin' - I'll get us some cigars, cheap hooch, and a variety of war movies/pron. That'll learn them to leave us behind. :smallbiggrin:

EmeraldRose
2008-10-06, 06:16 PM
Hey Andre, I just have to know. Are the battle lines between you and ER drawn for Monday night yet?

Yes, though Andre Jr wants a tie. :smallwink:

DraPrime
2008-10-06, 06:29 PM
Cheesecake you say? I wonder how much plane tickets to the Midwest cost.

loves_to_laugh
2008-10-06, 09:27 PM
So, inquiring minds would like to know if it will be socially acceptable if someone or sometwo came to this gathering even if only about half the age of some of the participants? :smallconfused:

Basically, is this just a gathering for fun, games, chatting, and whatnot or a chance to get together and have certain beverages that aren't legally allowed to all ages. Not that I think the latter sounds less interesting or fun, it's just that technically I'm not old enough to drink said beverages and it would therefore make things a bit awkward.

The Orange Zergling
2008-10-06, 09:36 PM
So, inquiring minds would like to know if it will be socially acceptable if someone or sometwo came to this gathering even if only about half the age of some of the participants? :smallconfused:

Basically, is this just a gathering for fun, games, chatting, and whatnot or a chance to get together and have certain beverages that aren't legally allowed to all ages. Not that I think the latter sounds less interesting or fun, it's just that technically I'm not old enough to drink said beverages and it would therefore make things a bit awkward.

I came to the first 2 Midwest meet-ups when I was about 12-13 and people seemed to be fine with it... I didn't really feel out of place either, but I'm not you so I don't know.

loves_to_laugh
2008-10-06, 09:43 PM
I came to the first 2 Midwest meet-ups when I was about 12-13 and people seemed to be fine with it... I didn't really feel out of place either, but I'm not you so I don't know.

Thats actually good to know. I figured it won't be a problem but I figured I should ask anyway. I mean its partially meant to find out what we would be doing. All I know is cheesecake.

EmeraldRose
2008-10-07, 05:02 PM
Nah, ages don't matter. I think we managed an impressive age span the last few.

Besides, I'm currently not partaking of alcoholic beverages, and Andre has graciously consented to not drink, while I am not drinking.

loves_to_laugh
2008-10-07, 10:57 PM
Nah, ages don't matter. I think we managed an impressive age span the last few.

Besides, I'm currently not partaking of alcoholic beverages, and Andre has graciously consented to not drink, while I am not drinking.

Awesome. Are there anymore details available? Like times or if I should bring anything? Or even a location? Feel free to post or pm. :smallbiggrin:

Thes Hunter
2008-10-08, 10:22 PM
So Andre, do we have official plans? hrm hrm hrm?!

I need to hit the Bobby Brown makeup counter while I am up there, I am running out of a few things and they don't sell that stuff in La Crosse. :smallmad:

Andre Fairchilde
2008-10-08, 10:33 PM
Bobby Brown? As in My prerogative (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTAikBB1D58)?

Thes Hunter
2008-10-08, 11:20 PM
I. Don't. Think. So. (http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/templates/whatsnew/index.tmpl?cm_mmc=Google-_-Brand-_-Misspellings-_-bobby+brown+makeup%7C-%7C100000000000000009461&cm_guid=1-_-100000000000000009461-_-2444008411)

mangosta71
2008-10-09, 12:37 AM
Blast. Didn't see this early enough to beg Friday off work. Would have been loads of fun.

Andre Fairchilde
2008-10-09, 06:21 AM
It's Saturday night. Are you in the area?

Vibrant
2008-10-09, 10:10 AM
Bobby Brown? As in My prerogative (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTAikBB1D58)?

Ohhhhh the flashbacks...sometimes I really miss the 90s. :smallbiggrin: (yeah I checked - it was released in 1988, so?)

Supagoof
2008-10-09, 10:53 AM
Heh. Reminds me of a joke...

Hey Bobby, what did the five fingers say to the face?

*SLAP*

That's my perogative....

I do miss the older hip-hop. It told stories, and those were always fun.

*Busts a move*

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2008-10-09, 06:35 PM
I'd like to say I might make it, but Satruday is college football day, and I NEVER miss watching my Buckeyes. And the Red River Shootout is that night too (Texas/OU), which should be a great game. However, I wouldn't necessarily be heart broken if I miss that game. I would need specifics however (time, directions, need to bring anything like games and/or food of some sort). That, and I might be pulling my hair out trying to get my laptop up and running again (I reinstalled XP on it the afternoon, and now have the unbelievably difficult task on how to figure out how to get both wired and wireless along with bluetooth up and running again. Oh fun times lay ahead).

mangosta71
2008-10-09, 07:13 PM
It's Saturday night. Are you in the area?

I'm far enough south that I'd probably have to take a full weekend. Also, new enough here to not be sure exactly what the area is. :smalltongue:

Thes Hunter
2008-10-09, 11:33 PM
Andre, dere is from Minnersoda, you betcha.

Da cities minnersoda, you betcha.

Dat twould be Both Saint Paul, and dat other one, you betcha.

Andre Fairchilde
2008-10-10, 04:36 PM
Ok, the housecleaning begins today.

I start by taking Shadow out of the closet (first time for everything :smallwink:) and hiding him someplace out of state. Maybe to a state where I oppose almost all the sports teams; someplace other than Wisconsin that is.

William and I (or William and ER) will be at a Karate tournament in Bloomington from about 1-4, but we'll all be home after 5.

People can start coming over any time after that, we'll tentatively plan for the meet to begin *around* 6 but if people come and go that's fine.

The reason I'm setting the time then is for convenience of planning for the grilling.

As far as an agenda, I'm hoping to play some Apples to Apples, but if there are any other games people want to bring that are suitable - that's fantastic too.

We do not have any platform games or systems, if you want to play some or bring it to the party I'd recommend BYO game system. If we want to do Rock Star, I can move the TV out to the garage or something.

PM me if you want directions or my phone number.

We live in Brooklyn Park, which is a northern suburb of Minneapolis.

AF ~

loves_to_laugh
2008-10-10, 09:25 PM
Ok, the housecleaning begins today.

I start by taking Shadow out of the closet (first time for everything :smallwink:) and hiding him someplace out of state. Maybe to a state where I oppose almost all the sports teams; someplace other than Wisconsin that is.

William and I (or William and ER) will be at a Karate tournament in Bloomington from about 1-4, but we'll all be home after 5.

People can start coming over any time after that, we'll tentatively plan for the meet to begin *around* 6 but if people come and go that's fine.

The reason I'm setting the time then is for convenience of planning for the grilling.

As far as an agenda, I'm hoping to play some Apples to Apples, but if there are any other games people want to bring that are suitable - that's fantastic too.

We do not have any platform games or systems, if you want to play some or bring it to the party I'd recommend BYO game system. If we want to do Rock Star, I can move the TV out to the garage or something.

PM me if you want directions or my phone number.

We live in Brooklyn Park, which is a northern suburb of Minneapolis.

AF ~

Finally! More details! :smallbiggrin: At this point in time I should be able to go. Someone else who is not so frequent on the forums will also be accompanying me. Woo hoo.

Shadow
2008-10-11, 03:33 AM
I can take myself out of the dloset, tghank you very much!

...er...wait...

<.<
>.>

DAMMIT!

Have fun guys! Too bad I'll be at a wedding tomorrow....

EmeraldRose
2008-10-11, 09:42 AM
So, no idea yet food wise what we'll be having. I'd suggest any side type items (chips, dip, etc) be brought. We have limited cokes (and mostly caffeine free) so if you need your daily dose of caffeine, better bring something. If there's specific meat or meat substitue stuff you want, go ahead and bring it :smallsmile:

Also, for convenience, there is a Cub like half a mile from here (actually, it's just across the corn field and the highway). So, if we find we need anything , we can get it easily.

That reminds me....I will have to get paper products...I'm not planning to do a bunch of dishes. :smalltongue:

Andre Fairchilde
2008-10-11, 10:10 AM
I can take myself out of the dloset, tghank you very much!

...er...wait...

<.<
>.>

DAMMIT!

Suuuure you can. Hasn't happened yet...:smalltongue:

Have fun guys! Too bad I'll be at a wedding tomorrow....

That's not the rumor I started heard. I heard you were in the wedding.

Thes Hunter
2008-10-11, 10:14 AM
I thought he was head of some little known governing body in Central Asia somewhere....

Least that is what I heard on the radio....

They said something about a Shadow government, and I always thought "Hey I know him!"

adanedhel9
2008-10-12, 08:14 AM
So how was the meetup? Sorry I couldn't make it; by the time I finished up cleaning after my game, it was ~9:00 and I had no energy left, so I just went to bed.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-12, 08:20 AM
We can have a midwest meet up V in the summer? When I can maybe visit?

I can imagine it heheh :
Airport security : Reason for visiting the United States of America?
Me : To visit allll the playgrounders, yep, thatīs why I went to America....

:smalltongue:

EmeraldRose
2008-10-12, 11:13 AM
The party was fun! We had quite a few people make it over: Andre and I, Thes, Goof and his wife, Vibrant (Talamor was sick), Loves to Laugh and friend (sorry I can't remember her online name), and a friend of ours who hasn't been on here in years.

There was much cheezburgers (that for some reason shrank to like half the size :smallbiggrin:), and we had cheezcake!

There were games (Hex, Apples to Apples, and then Settlers of Kattan) and we were up waaaaaaaaay too late playing.

But it was a good time.

Now, I must figure out when I will sleep more...

Thes Hunter
2008-10-12, 10:08 PM
It was soo much fun!

Thanks everyone for breaking in my 'new' Trivial Pursuit Genius 5 edition... even though I was the worst card reader ever!

Settlers was also great, and I haven't played it such a long time!
But Goof's wife totally pants us all. :smalltongue:

And Loves_To_Laugh thanks for bringing Hex Hex Next, I would love to play that game again sometime, because the small part of the game I did see, looks like it can get really crazy!

And apples to apples was a blast with everyone... there was a lot of silly!
Including, it so seems that the perfect noun for Flirtatious is: Canadians for whatever reason :smallredface:

And I must apologize to everyone in attendance that you had to eat Sara Lee Cheesecake and not one I had made, because I had been too drunk to make one Friday night.