PDA

View Full Version : Cat-Muffin Considers: The Force Unleashed

Jibar
2008-10-04, 12:00 PM
I have a blog, yes, but I have a blog that I'm meant to be using to review stuff.
Well, I'm lazy and so I've only done my first video game review now.
And since it would be silly to just link my blog, tah dah:

I'm a total Star wars fanboy. I like almost everything you throw at me provided I can see a lightsaber (though Episode 2 did suck incredibly) and there has been far too many moments were my mind has drifted from whatever work I should be doing to wonder who would win in a fight between Vader and the Exile.

And that's probably the thing I like most. The video games. When the lightsaber is in your hands, the Force becomes your weapon and the galaxy's fate is up to you. There's some special magic there that few games can compare with, simply because of a Star Wars logo. And the simply best of these games, the Knights of the Old Republic seires, has a grip upon my very soul and I know I won't die happy until I can find out just what happened to Revan beyond the Outer Rim.

So what happens when LucasArts itself tries to match the epicness of the series, but in a much different fashion? Well, you get a pretty decent game. Because that's what the Force Unleashed is; an attempt to replicate the sheer brilliance of the KOTOR story with an entirely different style of gameplay.

Taking the role of Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice, a chap going by the code name "Starkiller", you are expected to hunt down Jedi to prepare for the battle with the Emporer, who Vader hopes to overthrow. That's the first half. The second half sees you take control of your own destiny and sets the foundations for the Original Trilogy. Without spoiling anything, know that Starkiller is quite possibly responsible for the entire Original Trilogy and if you call yourself a Star Wars fan you owe it to yourself to play the game or read the book (or even read the comic) because the story is good. It is very good. There are spectacular twists and the cutscenes its presented in are of an incredible quality. Just don't look at Vader's cape. Don't.

The cutscenes only serve to illustrate part of this games real beauty though. A couple bland textures and clipping issues aside, the game is really pretty. Really really pretty. Industrial Light and Magic really did a fantastic job on that front. The worlds all look so majestic and real, the characters and enemies have such nice animations and the Ronin engine coupled with the sheer number of objects lying around mean after you've cleared an area of enemies it'll really look like a battleground. I found myself at many points stopping and just looking at the environment around me and noting just how many vehicle classes I recognise on Raxus Prime, or watching the plants sway as the Apprentice brushes past them on Felucia.

And the music that matches these environments is brilliant as well. The new score fits in perfectly with old favourites and at no point does any of it seem obtrusive or out of place. I'm no professional when it comes to composition but it's obvious real work went into the soundtrack and shows just how committed LucasArts was to this game. And hey, when I get Duel of Fates playing in perhaps the best battle in the game, I'm not going to complain at all.

The gameplay is where some problems will seep in though. A hack and slash approach to Star Wars is good and nobody can fault them at all for the decision. After all, when armed with a weapon capable of cutting through solid metal, why should charging head first and cutting a bloodless swathe through your foes be a bad idea? And it isn't. It really isn't. Basic combat is such a joy to play, and is the reason why the demo was such a hit. Force Dashing up to a Stormtrooper, cutting him in twelve places, jumping backwards, Pushing another into an explosive barrel before landing and charging the last with Lightning, which you cause to explode out from them is an incredible amount of fun. Even better is upgrading your Force Grip so that you can pick up three Stormtroopers at once and hurl them into their comrades, or into explosive devices, or off a cliff, or into the atmosphere or throw your lightsabre into them or... there are a lot of options. With a lightsaber, dozens of combos and at least six very offensive force powers versus 50+ different types of enemies anyone getting bored with the skirmishes simply shouldn't be playing a hack and slash game.

It's the bosses where combat fails. Simply because block and Force Lightning are all you really need. All your combos, your Force Push, your Force Grip, they're meaningless. The battles are simplistic and easy when not outright cheap. Jedi Master Kazdan Paratus has a habit of being impossible to hit with your lightsabre, Shaak Ti has a homing attack that is unblockable and next to impossible to dodge and the Emporer (you saw it coming) spams Force Lightning. Naturally. The mini-bosses as they are, or the really big guys like the Rancors and AT-STs, in turn just aren't challenging. They come down to spamming Force Lightning enough until the quick time event begins. The only good boss fights are against two of the greatest Sith in the galaxy (yeah, one of them ain't Palpatine), and defeating them just seems wrong anyway, because it really doesn't seem like the Apprentice should win against them in the first place, let alone do it in the humiliating fashion he does.

The game gets some leeway for being awesome. No, I'm not giving my final opinion now, but I am saying that almost every you do in this game feels really epic, even if it's down to killing a singular Stormtrooper. Every quick time event is ridiculously cool once you stop looking desperately at the buttons and start watching the action. In particular, Darth Vader's finisher is brutal to watch and crushing an AT-CT into a cube is very satisfying. Then there's the Star Destroyer sequence. Very annoying to play, but when you really start dragging it down you start thinking to yourself "I'm a ferking God!"
Something also worth mentioning is the unlockables, because the unlockables are cool. Changing your lightsaber beam to 7 different colours is pretty cool and I grew very attached to my yellow blade, the first time in Star Wars fandom that I've been happy to see a yellow lightsaber swing. The costumes as well are wonderful; a new one for each level and then four secret ones, all of which are very well designed and every player will pick out their favourites. With the option of playing as famous characters coming in downloadable content as well, it's entirely up to you just how your Apprentice spends the game.

The menu system is kinda annoying, as in order to get the rather seamless gameplay you instead have to have loading screens with every menu selection. Hope you don't want to change your lightsaber too often, and if you want to change costume you'll be shunted back to your last autosave point, adding another loading screen. So unless you want to go to the Training Room or level up, only make changes at the start of the level so you get the max amount of gameplay to menu time ratio.

The game is also very short. Solid play can have this done in about 6 hours no problem, complete with most things unlocked. Downloadable content will be adding levels apparantly, and turn it into an episodic game, but straight out the box there isn't much there. The Empirical and Cloud City levels are tiny, while Raxus Prime and Felucia are massive, but filled with empty space. You'll also end up returning to Raxus Prime and Felucia later in the game when neither require a second visit. Yes, those who've already finished it, there are story reasons for Felucia, but it didn't have to be that way and Raxus Prime is really unnecessary. Technically my copy is borrowed from a friend who decided he'd had enough after two playthroughs and plans to trade it in. I don't know how he'd feel about the downloadable content, but I know that its the only reason I would have for not returning it after a while.

Overall, it's a good game. The visual and audio side really excels the movies it's based on, and the story is fascinating to watch unfold. The combat, while very fun, fails in areas and the bosses are jokes and they're simply isn't enough of it and what there is gets recycled a bit towards the end. Really worth a rent at the very least, and purchase if you're prepared to stick around for the promised downloadable content. And, hey, if you do end up playing say hi to PROXY for me.
Now to wait for them to release a Revan skin.

What do you think? About the review and the game.

Saithis Bladewing
2008-10-04, 03:20 PM
Needs more line breaks!

Also, *coughdidn'tmentioneuphoriaatall*

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-04, 03:22 PM
nice review, but Saithis is right, you've got a major case of wall o' text syndrome goin' here.

How is the playtime on this? I've heard it can be a bit short

Inhuman Bot
2008-10-04, 05:28 PM
Thirded.

I can't read it at all >.>

Other wise, it's okay.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-04, 05:31 PM
Jibar is star wars fan boy.

*a little piece of the cookiemonster dies*

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-04, 05:42 PM
Jibar is star wars fan boy.

*a little piece of the cookiemonster dies*

*sells the piece FOR GREAT PROFIT! "JUSTICE!"*

So, Jibar - From what you've played, do you think the PSP version would be worth a go?

Gaelbert
2008-10-04, 07:12 PM
Oh my gosh I love this game. I was a little skeptical because I hadn't heard overwhelmingly positive reviews, but after seeing this thread I went out and picked it up. I haven't been this into a video game in over a year I think. Anyways, details.

I'm a KotOR fanatic, and I still love this game.
I have the Wii version.
The graphics aren't necessarily amazing, but that usually isn't one of my must haves.
The soundtrack is cool, it really puts me in the Star Wars feel.
The controls. I love the controls. On the Wii, the controls are made of epic and win. I had heard they messed up the lightsaber controls, but whomever said that was wrong. I mean, they're not 1 to 1, but they are still really good.However, it's the force powers that I really fell in love with. They let me kill people in many, many different ways! At first, I just force threw them off of cliffs and things. However, I've gotten more creative now. I love using exploding things to blow other things up. The force choke makes me feel happy inside. The lightning isn't as awe striking as my expectations had been, but then again, nothing is. I like picking people up, moving them towards me, choking them, dropping them, hitting them with bursts of lightning so they stay standing really long... I am a bad person. I'm going to stop before I'm locked up, but lemme tell you this: I love this game. Yes I'm a fanboy. So shoot me.

Tamburlaine
2008-10-04, 07:15 PM
I also love the yellow lightsaber (and the game in general).
I enjoyed the story of the game more than anything else [other than the obscene force power trip])

Fan
2008-10-04, 07:33 PM
I also love the yellow lightsaber (and the game in general).
I enjoyed the story of the game more than anything else [other than the obscene force power trip])

The force power trip was the best part man... You have any idea how fun it is to force strom people, or force push them off a cliff?

Kaihaku
2008-10-04, 07:37 PM
Fix'ed...

I have a blog, yes, but I have a blog that I'm meant to be using to review stuff.
Well, I'm lazy and so I've only done my first video game review now.
And since it would be silly to just link my blog, tah dah:

I'm a total Star wars fanboy. I like almost everything you throw at me provided I can see a lightsaber (though Episode 2 did suck incredibly) and there has been far too many moments were my mind has drifted from whatever work I should be doing to wonder who would win in a fight between Vader and the Exile.

And that's probably the thing I like most. The video games. When the lightsaber is in your hands, the Force becomes your weapon and the galaxy's fate is up to you. There's some special magic there that few games can compare with, simply because of a Star Wars logo. And the simply best of these games, the Knights of the Old Republic seires, has a grip upon my very soul and I know I won't die happy until I can find out just what happened to Revan beyond the Outer Rim.

So what happens when LucasArts itself tries to match the epicness of the series, but in a much different fashion? Well, you get a pretty decent game. Because that's what the Force Unleashed is; an attempt to replicate the sheer brilliance of the KOTOR story with an entirely different style of gameplay.

Taking the role of Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice, a chap going by the code name "Starkiller", you are expected to hunt down Jedi to prepare for the battle with the Emporer, who Vader hopes to overthrow. That's the first half. The second half sees you take control of your own destiny and sets the foundations for the Original Trilogy. Without spoiling anything, know that Starkiller is quite possibly responsible for the entire Original Trilogy and if you call yourself a Star Wars fan you owe it to yourself to play the game or read the book (or even read the comic) because the story is good. It is very good. There are spectacular twists and the cutscenes its presented in are of an incredible quality. Just don't look at Vader's cape. Don't.

The cutscenes only serve to illustrate part of this games real beauty though. A couple bland textures and clipping issues aside, the game is really pretty. Really really pretty. Industrial Light and Magic really did a fantastic job on that front. The worlds all look so majestic and real, the characters and enemies have such nice animations and the Ronin engine coupled with the sheer number of objects lying around mean after you've cleared an area of enemies it'll really look like a battleground. I found myself at many points stopping and just looking at the environment around me and noting just how many vehicle classes I recognise on Raxus Prime, or watching the plants sway as the Apprentice brushes past them on Felucia.

And the music that matches these environments is brilliant as well. The new score fits in perfectly with old favourites and at no point does any of it seem obtrusive or out of place. I'm no professional when it comes to composition but it's obvious real work went into the soundtrack and shows just how committed LucasArts was to this game. And hey, when I get Duel of Fates playing in perhaps the best battle in the game, I'm not going to complain at all.

The gameplay is where some problems will seep in though. A hack and slash approach to Star Wars is good and nobody can fault them at all for the decision. After all, when armed with a weapon capable of cutting through solid metal, why should charging head first and cutting a bloodless swathe through your foes be a bad idea? And it isn't. It really isn't. Basic combat is such a joy to play, and is the reason why the demo was such a hit. Force Dashing up to a Stormtrooper, cutting him in twelve places, jumping backwards, Pushing another into an explosive barrel before landing and charging the last with Lightning, which you cause to explode out from them is an incredible amount of fun. Even better is upgrading your Force Grip so that you can pick up three Stormtroopers at once and hurl them into their comrades, or into explosive devices, or off a cliff, or into the atmosphere or throw your lightsabre into them or... there are a lot of options. With a lightsaber, dozens of combos and at least six very offensive force powers versus 50+ different types of enemies anyone getting bored with the skirmishes simply shouldn't be playing a hack and slash game.
It's the bosses where combat fails. Simply because block and Force Lightning are all you really need. All your combos, your Force Push, your Force Grip, they're meaningless. The battles are simplistic and easy when not outright cheap. Jedi Master Kazdan Paratus has a habit of being impossible to hit with your lightsabre, Shaak Ti has a homing attack that is unblockable and next to impossible to dodge and the Emporer (you saw it coming) spams Force Lightning. Naturally. The mini-bosses as they are, or the really big guys like the Rancors and AT-STs, in turn just aren't challenging. They come down to spamming Force Lightning enough until the quick time event begins. The only good boss fights are against two of the greatest Sith in the galaxy (yeah, one of them ain't Palpatine), and defeating them just seems wrong anyway, because it really doesn't seem like the Apprentice should win against them in the first place, let alone do it in the humiliating fashion he does.

The game gets some leeway for being awesome. No, I'm not giving my final opinion now, but I am saying that almost every you do in this game feels really epic, even if it's down to killing a singular Stormtrooper. Every quick time event is ridiculously cool once you stop looking desperately at the buttons and start watching the action. In particular, Darth Vader's finisher is brutal to watch and crushing an AT-CT into a cube is very satisfying. Then there's the Star Destroyer sequence. Very annoying to play, but when you really start dragging it down you start thinking to yourself "I'm a ferking God!"

Something also worth mentioning is the unlockables, because the unlockables are cool. Changing your lightsaber beam to 7 different colours is pretty cool and I grew very attached to my yellow blade, the first time in Star Wars fandom that I've been happy to see a yellow lightsaber swing. The costumes as well are wonderful; a new one for each level and then four secret ones, all of which are very well designed and every player will pick out their favourites. With the option of playing as famous characters coming in downloadable content as well, it's entirely up to you just how your Apprentice spends the game.

The menu system is kinda annoying, as in order to get the rather seamless gameplay you instead have to have loading screens with every menu selection. Hope you don't want to change your lightsaber too often, and if you want to change costume you'll be shunted back to your last autosave point, adding another loading screen. So unless you want to go to the Training Room or level up, only make changes at the start of the level so you get the max amount of gameplay to menu time ratio.

The game is also very short. Solid play can have this done in about 6 hours no problem, complete with most things unlocked. Downloadable content will be adding levels apparantly, and turn it into an episodic game, but straight out the box there isn't much there. The Empirical and Cloud City levels are tiny, while Raxus Prime and Felucia are massive, but filled with empty space. You'll also end up returning to Raxus Prime and Felucia later in the game when neither require a second visit. Yes, those who've already finished it, there are story reasons for Felucia, but it didn't have to be that way and Raxus Prime is really unnecessary. Technically my copy is borrowed from a friend who decided he'd had enough after two playthroughs and plans to trade it in. I don't know how he'd feel about the downloadable content, but I know that its the only reason I would have for not returning it after a while.

Overall, it's a good game. The visual and audio side really excels the movies it's based on, and the story is fascinating to watch unfold. The combat, while very fun, fails in areas and the bosses are jokes and they're simply isn't enough of it and what there is gets recycled a bit towards the end. Really worth a rent at the very least, and purchase if you're prepared to stick around for the promised downloadable content. And, hey, if you do end up playing say hi to PROXY for me.

Now to wait for them to release a Revan skin.

What do you think? About the review and the game.

Maybe I'll actually read it now. :smalltongue:

Jibar
2008-10-05, 01:20 AM
I thought that was just the way LiveJournal presented it, but yeah, big wall o' text. Fixed now.

How is the playtime on this? I've heard it can be a bit short

About 6 to 9 hours depending how you play and how much holocron hunting you'll do.
Yeah, I know. Really short.

Also, *coughdidn'tmentioneuphoriaatall*

Euphoria does... surprisingly little. Stormtroopers rarely grab hold of things when you Force Grip them and so it only really gives them some better animations.
When they do grab hold though, leaving them hanging can be hilarious.

So, Jibar - From what you've played, do you think the PSP version would be worth a go?

As I understand, the PSP version comes from Khrome, who tried to make it as similar as they could to the 360/PS3 versions, so yeah, probably. The PSP version as the Historic Battles option, which will let you play famous Star Wars battles with Force Unleashed style Force powers, which could be pretty cool.

MeklorIlavator
2008-10-05, 02:02 AM
Dang it, Jibar! Your not supposed to make me want the game even more, your supposed to make me fell better for not being able to get it. Stupid leaving Xbox 360 at home.....

In all seriousness, good review, and very informative.

Saithis Bladewing
2008-10-05, 06:03 AM
Euphoria does... surprisingly little. Stormtroopers rarely grab hold of things when you Force Grip them and so it only really gives them some better animations.
When they do grab hold though, leaving them hanging can be hilarious.

Ah, but Euphoria does EVERYTHING! Even if you don't always notice it, it vastly improves animation quality on a huge scale.

...Sorry, one of my friends works at NaturalMotion, I have to pitch it for their sake. :smalltongue:

Skippy
2008-10-06, 08:10 AM
*Coughs, points at DS*

*Points at watch, makes gestures to indicate three hours had passed since he started playing and he had already finished the game*

*Leaves, still coughing*

SilentNight
2008-10-06, 08:46 AM
Any news on the PS2 version?

Skippy
2008-10-06, 08:48 AM
Any news on the PS2 version?

*Coughs, gives thumbs up several times, then leaves, still coughing*

Archonic Energy
2008-10-06, 09:07 AM
*Coughs, gives thumbs up several times, then leaves, still coughing*

*cough*
*points at wii*
*gives quizzical look* :smallconfused:
*cough*
*waits*
*swings wii-mote & makes lightsabre noises*

Joran
2008-10-06, 11:04 AM
Liked the review, but you didn't mention which console you played it on. That does make a big difference when it's on every console known to mankind.

I think you did a good job of elucidating what you liked about the game; the strengths of the game as well as the weaknesses. Good descriptions of gameplay, although, to be honest, I hate quick time events with a passion that burns.

For improvement, I would recommend some more description of what exactly you liked about KotOR and how Force Unleashed tapped into that feeling.

P.S. It does make me want to buy it, but I'll hold off until it's on sale. I refuse to give George Lucas any of my money. He's murdered two of my childhood franchises.

P.S.S. Also, another inside game industry comment: The team that made the game has been dissolved.

Dumbledore lives
2008-10-08, 01:53 AM
I recently got Force Unleashed and it is awesome, though Sith Master's bosses are near impossible, especially Shaak-Ti. I swear she cheats. It is an insanely fun game, and I know I'll come back to play it later, whenever I get stressed out I will always enjoy throwing those stormtroopers around.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-08, 07:13 AM
I rented it. It was pretty good, although I don't think I'll be buying it. I quite enjoyed your review.

I've heard there's going to be some downloadable content. If they were to release a Revan skin and let you play through the action-y bits of KotOR on Force Unleashed...

*starts drooling*

Yeah, Vespe's a huge Revan/KotOR in general fanboy. :smalltongue:

Jibar
2008-10-08, 02:27 PM
Hey, join the club.

For those interested as well, Yahtzee has given his opinion (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/251-Star-Wars-The-Force-Unleashed) on the Wii version.

And unimportant, but something that really comes through in repeat playthroughs is just how good Samuel Whitwer's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Witwer) voice acting is. He can go from the large ham that is Palpatine to the very natural and very believable Starkiller. I think by the end I found myself liking Starkiller not for what he did or why, but because everytime he opens his mouth I really believe him to be a person, and not just a plot device.

potatocubed
2008-10-08, 03:54 PM
Played it, finished it, sold it. Like so many games today (Too Human, I'm looking at you) it was far too short to justify the price tag.

One thing you didn't mention in your review was the accelerated plot. It felt like there were huge gaps between each cutscene that were never seen or described and you were left to puzzle out what happened by yourself. (Kind of like a Grant Morrison comic.)

Example:
The relationship between Starkiller and the pilot woman. It's... believable, but only if you assume there's a huge amount of stuff going on off-camera between them. Given that on-camera they spend no time together at all the whole thing feels very forced. The same thing happens with Proxy - there's a whole arc where Starkiller starts feeling affection for him (and vice versa) that culminates in the 'damaging' of his programming and eventual sacrifice, but because that never happens on-screen you're left going "What?" and working out what happened based on the laws of narrative.

I got that feeling for the whole game: that stuff was happening off-camera but never explained or illustrated, just alluded to.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-08, 05:16 PM
Played it, finished it, sold it. Like so many games today (Too Human, I'm looking at you) it was far too short to justify the price tag.

One thing you didn't mention in your review was the accelerated plot. It felt like there were huge gaps between each cutscene that were never seen or described and you were left to puzzle out what happened by yourself. (Kind of like a Grant Morrison comic.)

Example:
The relationship between Starkiller and the pilot woman. It's... believable, but only if you assume there's a huge amount of stuff going on off-camera between them. Given that on-camera they spend no time together at all the whole thing feels very forced. The same thing happens with Proxy - there's a whole arc where Starkiller starts feeling affection for him (and vice versa) that culminates in the 'damaging' of his programming and eventual sacrifice, but because that never happens on-screen you're left going "What?" and working out what happened based on the laws of narrative.

I got that feeling for the whole game: that stuff was happening off-camera but never explained or illustrated, just alluded to.

Yeah, I know what you mean, it would be like if they took the prequel trilogy and cut out everything except all the lightsaber fights and big war scenes.

Wait. Hmm...maybe that's not such a bad idea. :smallamused:

Fawkes
2008-10-10, 12:41 AM
This is the best worst game ever. Flinging around stormtroopers and basic enemies is one of the most fun things I've ever done in a video game. Boss fights aren't too bad, either. I can't stand fighting the Purge Troopers, though. Why can't I throw them? I can move a filechecking Star Destroyer, but I can't pick up a big guy in armor. Screw that!

Speaking of the Star Destroyer, that sequence has to be the worst five-to-thirty minute sequence of any video game I've ever played. I wanted to throw my controller into the screen.

F*** Star Destroyers.

Mr._Blinky
2008-10-10, 02:20 AM
Hey, join the club.

For those interested as well, Yahtzee has given his opinion (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/251-Star-Wars-The-Force-Unleashed) on the Wii version.

And unimportant, but something that really comes through in repeat playthroughs is just how good Samuel Whitwer's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Witwer) voice acting is. He can go from the large ham that is Palpatine to the very natural and very believable Starkiller. I think by the end I found myself liking Starkiller not for what he did or why, but because everytime he opens his mouth I really believe him to be a person, and not just a plot device.

Ah-HAH! I watched the final cutscenes on youtube since I was curious, and saw the main character. Despite the fact that it was CG, my first thought was "Hey this guy not only sounds familiar, he looks familiar!" And Crashdown from Battlestar Galactica was the first person to come to mind. That in and of its self should be a good indicator of how well the animators did mimicking the voice-actor's appearance.

Icewalker
2008-10-10, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I'm considering getting the game at this point, but there are a few things I'm not sure about.

Primarily, whether the downloadable content will be free. Folklore had loads of extra downloadables, but they all cost more money, so...

I'm not sure what system to get it on though. I have a PS3 and a Wii, and while Wii seems like it'd be well-set for this kind of game, Yahtzee said that the Wii controls were awful and PS3 is superior.

(While Yahtzee saying something is bad isn't necessarily an indicator of actual badness, he said that he saw the PS3 version and really regretted his decision to not get it instead, so...)

Fawkes
2008-10-10, 06:22 PM
I'm not sure what system to get it on though. I have a PS3 and a Wii, and while Wii seems like it'd be well-set for this kind of game, Yahtzee said that the Wii controls were awful and PS3 is superior.

(While Yahtzee saying something is bad isn't necessarily an indicator of actual badness, he said that he saw the PS3 version and really regretted his decision to not get it instead, so...)

I have xbox, which is the same as ps3, and I like it. :smallsmile: Purge troopers and the star destroyer suck though.

Mando Knight
2008-10-10, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean, it would be like if they took the prequel trilogy and cut out everything except all the lightsaber fights and big war scenes.

Wait. Hmm...maybe that's not such a bad idea. :smallamused:

I had that idea... three years ago. :smallamused:

Y'know, those are the best parts of the prequel trilogy. (And that's the reason I like Ep. III--it opens with fighters weaving around massive warships and ends just after the best lightsaber fights in the saga.)

Crispy Dave
2008-10-13, 01:24 PM
All in all I would say this was a good review. Even though I have a different gaming opinion then you this time I think you hit it spot on.