PDA

View Full Version : Belkar's (un)Death and the Return of Roy

Tre of the Wood
2008-10-04, 12:59 PM
Hey, I know that this has probably been posted before, but does anyone else think that the Order could get Roy's body back by trading for Belkar's dead body? I mean, Haley doesn't seem the type to waste resources or to raise Belkar, so why not? Besides, Rich can't eliminate Belkar forever, and he has to die. I can see Grubwater (I think that is the right name) trying to make an extra-powerful golem or undead and accidentially give him sentient thought. Of course, an undead or golem Belkar would be pretty awesome :smallamused:.

Linkavitch
2008-10-04, 01:09 PM
So far, that's the best 'Roy-resurrection'-'Belkar-death-and-yet-alive-ish' crossover I've read yet. . .sounds good!

Vossik
2008-10-04, 01:11 PM
If, and this a pretty big IF, Belkar comes back as some kind of undead, or anything like that. He probably will be fighting for Xykon against the Order. Personally though I think he is going to reroll a full blown barbarian. >.> Ok I don't but there has yet to be a reroll joke to my knowledge.

As for the Golem bit, it could work. I don't care for the idea though.

Threeshades
2008-10-04, 02:11 PM
Did belkar die? :smallconfused:

Tre of the Wood
2008-10-04, 02:13 PM
Not yet, but the oracle predicted it officially to Roy.

Spiky
2008-10-04, 02:16 PM
I'm not familiar with all of D&D, so maybe a simple answer. But isn't Roy's body already part of a composite golem creation, now? Not exactly an even trade. That guy needs 6 to make a golem, IIRC.

Tre of the Wood
2008-10-04, 02:20 PM
Okay, now I'm slightly confused. If he needs six bodies to make a golem, how did he make one with only one (Roy's)?

Threeshades
2008-10-04, 02:21 PM
Not yet, but the oracle predicted it officially to Roy.

I wouldn't be so certain about that. Last breath-ever-before doesnt sond like last breath ever. The whole "-" connection seems kind of suspicious.

@Roys body:
No the bones used were entirely Roy's own.

Belkster11
2008-10-04, 03:16 PM
But it begs the question. If and when Haley manages to approach Roy Golem, how the heck is she gonna get the elemental out of the skeleton?

"Hey, you get out of my buddy Roy and possess Belkar, m'kay?" I don't think she's gonna do that.

If they tried to rezzy Roy when the elemental spirit thing is still in the skeleton...it may turn out nasty. Kinda like flesh Roy but with green eyes and he STILL follows Grubwell's orders.

Looks like Haley will have to kill Roy's corpse in order to get the real Roy back.

T-O-E
2008-10-04, 03:30 PM
If, and this a pretty big IF, Belkar comes back as some kind of undead, or anything like that. He probably will be fighting for Xykon against the Order. Personally though I think he is going to reroll a full blown barbarian. >.> Ok I don't but there has yet to be a reroll joke to my knowledge.

As for the Golem bit, it could work. I don't care for the idea though.

Probably because according to word-of-God, there are no players behind the PCs.

Lokasenna
2008-10-04, 03:32 PM
I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to rezz someone who has become (part of) a golem. Now, if the thing rattling in Roy's boot is indeed one of Roy's bones, they can still rezz Roy if they find a cleric. But if all of Roy's bones were used in creating the golem, then they need a True Resurrection.

David Argall
2008-10-04, 03:52 PM
You can, however, use parts of an ex-bone or flesh golem for Ressurection. So they need only kill golem Roy before they cast the spell.

Threeshades
2008-10-04, 03:52 PM
I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to rezz someone who has become (part of) a golem. Now, if the thing rattling in Roy's boot is indeed one of Roy's bones, they can still rezz Roy if they find a cleric. But if all of Roy's bones were used in creating the golem, then they need a True Resurrection.

No they don't. They merely need to destroy the golem. And then with the bones they can resurrect.

ninja'd

SoC175
2008-10-04, 04:04 PM
With the right spells they can even ress him while the golem is still intact and working and without needing any part of his body

Threeshades
2008-10-04, 04:18 PM
With the right spells they can even ress him while the golem is still intact and working and without needing any part of his body

Yah that's the True Resurrection spell we've been talking about.

But the only character who might be capable of casting that spell that we know of is Redcloak.

drakokirby
2008-10-04, 04:22 PM
Well, theirs no doubt that Belkar will join Xykon if he turns undead or is betrayed by Haley in the end so this ending for Belkar in their party pretty good. It never said that it would be bad for Roy and the party.

Spiky
2008-10-04, 04:23 PM
Okay, now I'm slightly confused. If he needs six bodies to make a golem, how did he make one with only one (Roy's)?

I assumed Grubwiggler happened to need one more and Roy became it. His assistant called it, "we do have some formula mixed for a bone golem." (575) And then Grubby said it takes 6 bodies in the next comic.

He used this method right away to please his customer, Celia, who wanted Roy back immediately. (although she ought to know more about fine print by now)

SoC175
2008-10-04, 04:24 PM
But the only character who might be capable of casting that spell that we know of is Redcloak.
If they can get a scroll it becomes much easier. With a scroll a caster just needs to make the necessarycaster level check.

So if Durkon would try to cast true ress from a scroll he would only need to roll a 5 to pass the be able to cast the spell. Still a chance of failure, but only 20%.

Threeshades
2008-10-04, 04:38 PM
Okay, I'll give you that one, but Scrolls of True resurrection and diamonds worth of 25000 gp aren't growing on trees.
Also we don't know if Durkon's wisdom is enough to cast it yet

Neopolis
2008-10-04, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't be so certain about that. Last breath-ever-before doesnt sond like last breath ever. The whole "-" connection seems kind of suspicious.

@Roys body:
No the bones used were entirely Roy's own.
That -EVER- was probably just to emphasize that he would not be raised, and would be dead forever.