PDA

View Full Version : Post sorting..possible?

Shard
2005-02-17, 07:00 AM
Sorry if it has been asked before, i tried a search, but didnt get any hits.
Is there a way to sort the "topic overview" when you post a reply to show the newest post on the top in stead of at the bottom?
This way , when i reply, i can see the relevant posts in a blink, without having to scroll all the way down.
This is very handy in the PbP ic topics, as they tend to be long!

Thanks!

RawBearNYC
2005-02-17, 11:41 AM
Not natively, no, I could hack the code to accomplish this, and it's probably a simple hack...I'll give it some thought, and give Rich some time to react to this request.

Shard
2005-02-18, 11:40 AM
thanks for the effort!

Dragon_Rider
2005-02-18, 03:53 PM
I think this is a great idea! Good thinking Shard!

Shard
2005-02-19, 11:19 AM
*blush* Aww shucks! ;)

cuchulainshound
2005-02-20, 05:58 PM
This is a great feature- I've seen it on other sites (dunno about what Software they're using, but I could guide you there, np)

It allows the poster to immediately see the most recent comments, not the original (earlier comments would probably be "quoted" by the poster, if that's what they were responding to.

As one more voice, I'm all for it!

Master_of_Dragons
2005-02-21, 06:32 AM
Hi,

I don't use this feature very often, but I, too, think that it would be more comfortable to order them the other way round.
As Ray already pointed out, it would be easy to accomplish. The only thing that needs to be changed, is to add a single... well... word to a query, unless the fact that the board-software uses textfiles (!) instead of a database makes it more complicated than I thought. ::)

Master of Dragons

da_blahza
2005-03-01, 03:47 AM
It is certainly a great feature. Makes things easier...

Shard
2005-04-08, 09:52 AM
*bump*

Could someone waste some time trying to fix this?
I would be much obliged!