PDA

View Full Version : feats for my bard?

gnomas
2008-10-04, 09:15 PM
so as you may know from my "songs for my bard?" thread, i'm playing a bard in a friend's campaign. the first session is tomorrow, and I just realised I know nothing about bardic feats!

the character is level four, human, and I already know about snowflake wardance.

thanks in advance!

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-04, 09:26 PM
Song of the Heart(+1 to Inspire Courage)
Words of Creation(IIRC, +2 Inspire Courage, stiff requirements)
Lingering Song(better at higher levels, music lasts 1 minute after you stop singing, lets you stack normal courage and Dragonfire)
Melodic Casting(Perform instead of Concentration, can cast while singing)
Dragonfire Inspiration(1d6 damage per Inspire Courage bonus, replaces normal bonus from music)
Nymph's Kiss(extra skill points, bonuses to Cha skills)

Eldariel
2008-10-04, 09:28 PM
What kind of a Bard? You can be buffer, melee, ranged, arcanist or even healer. Your focus entirely determines your feats. Some generic feats just about every bard wants though:
-Melodic Casting
-Song of the Heart
-Words of Creation (if applicable - an Exalted feat)
-Dragonfire Inspiration (if applicable - a Dragonblood feat)

That coincidentially also pretty much happens to get you maximized Inspire Courage. Beyond that, whether you focus on casting, melee, range, singing, buffing or healing determines your future feats.

gnomas
2008-10-05, 10:04 AM
two questions, what books are those in (I almost deffinately have access to them whatever they are) and what does IIRC mean?

the party as I know is as follows:
killoreen druid (spelling? they're in races of the wild)
warforged cleric
halfling rogue
half-orc barbarian
binder or psion, pretty sure he decided on psion
bard (me)

I think I want to bebuffer/arcanist. sublime chord looks like a cool PrC but i need to be 10th level...

only1doug
2008-10-05, 10:23 AM
two questions, what books are those in (I almost deffinately have access to them whatever they are) and what does IIRC mean?

the party as I know is as follows:
killoreen druid (spelling? they're in races of the wild)
warforged cleric
halfling rogue
half-orc barbarian
binder or psion, pretty sure he decided on psion
bard (me)

I think I want to bebuffer/arcanist. sublime chord looks like a cool PrC but i need to be 10th level...

1. Links added

{Scrubbed - Please don't link there}

2. IIRC=If I Recall Correctly

Eldariel
2008-10-05, 10:35 AM
Yea. If you want to be arcanist, you'll need the additional:
-Extend Spell
-Quicken Spell (around level 15)
-Rapid Metamagic (to use Quicken Spell with Sublime Chord)
-Haunting Melody (a debuff song)
-Lingering Song

and a bunch of metamagic wands.

Stupendous_Man
2008-10-05, 12:55 PM
Rod of Extend Spell (3000 gp) better than getting a feat, imho.

Glimbur
2008-10-05, 06:45 PM
I believe it's Lyric Spell that lets you use n+1 music uses to cast an nth level spell. That's only a couple more spells, but the flexibility is nice. Might be in Complete Arcane, I'm not sure.

Stupendous_Man
2008-10-05, 07:10 PM
I believe it's Lyric Spell that lets you use n+1 music uses to cast an nth level spell. That's only a couple more spells, but the flexibility is nice. Might be in Complete Arcane, I'm not sure.

Versatile spellcaster may be better.

use two spell slots of one level to cast a spell of a level one higher.

streakster
2008-10-05, 07:13 PM
Wait, wait, wait.

Take the Dragonfire one.

Proceed to play such classics as "Burning Love", "Ring of Fire", and "Great Balls of Fire".

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-05, 07:21 PM
If you want to be a buffer/arcanist, the typical build is Bard 9/Virtuoso 1/Sublime Chord 1/Virtuoso 9. That gets you 9th level Sorc spells, nearly full music, and has only moderate requirements.