PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Fun with Warweaver

nargbop
2008-10-04, 10:51 PM
I'm fiddling with buff/heal builds involving the War Weaver from Heroes of Battle. I've found a couple of interesting ideas :
1 ) Wizard -> Spellguard of Silverymoon -> Warweaver 5 -> Abjurant Champion. This Spellguard allows the ability to cast personal defensive spells as touch spells, thus enabling my Warweaver to cast some otherwise-impossible buffs.
2 ) Cleric 1 Wizard 3 Mystic Theurge X Warweaver 5. CHEESY AND BORKED AT THE SAME TIME. Qualifies for MT through Arcane Disciple. This build is predicated on the premise that divine buffs are teh r0xx0rz.

There are a couple of basic good ideas, in order of cheesiness :
1 ) Reach Spell feat. Get those buffs out further.
2 ) Hiding. I shouldn't even be visible to the bad guys.
3 ) Spontaneosity. Scrolls or Alacritous Cogitation for a wizard. Sorcerer's teeny spells known do not appeal to me, although the ability to mix and match metamagic to fit a fluid combat situation is nice.
4 ) Chain Spell feat, for when my tapestry doesn't apply. Say, if we gain a small army or if my party members are too far away for regular tapestry use.
4 ) Healing. Accessible through a single dip into a divine class or Arcane Disciple, and then usable through Spontaneous Healer. POSSIBLY CHEESY?
5 ) Celerity and related timestop spells. CHEESY, ESPECIALLY WITH SPELLGUARD.

Suggestions? Are there other fun builds available for Warweavers?

BobVosh
2008-10-05, 12:18 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88971&highlight=buff

Here is what I did for it.
3 wizard, 1 sorcerer, 10 ult magus, 5 war weaver, 1 archmage
Just to spam lowering metamagics. Incantrix is another good choice for the same thing.

namo
2008-10-05, 04:20 PM
War Weaver guidebook (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=769208)

You'd need some extra tricks to let everybody benefit from Celerity - like Magic of the Land. It's in the handbook IIRC.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-10-05, 05:03 PM
I'm fiddling with buff/heal builds involving the War Weaver from Heroes of Battle. I've found a couple of interesting ideas :
1 ) Wizard -> Spellguard of Silverymoon -> Warweaver 5 -> Abjurant Champion. This Spellguard allows the ability to cast personal defensive spells as touch spells, thus enabling my Warweaver to cast some otherwise-impossible buffs.
2 ) Cleric 1 Wizard 3 Mystic Theurge X Warweaver 5. CHEESY AND BORKED AT THE SAME TIME. Qualifies for MT through Arcane Disciple. This build is predicated on the premise that divine buffs are teh r0xx0rz.

There are a couple of basic good ideas, in order of cheesiness :
1 ) Reach Spell feat. Get those buffs out further.
2 ) Hiding. I shouldn't even be visible to the bad guys.
3 ) Spontaneosity. Scrolls or Alacritous Cogitation for a wizard. Sorcerer's teeny spells known do not appeal to me, although the ability to mix and match metamagic to fit a fluid combat situation is nice.
4 ) Chain Spell feat, for when my tapestry doesn't apply. Say, if we gain a small army or if my party members are too far away for regular tapestry use.
4 ) Healing. Accessible through a single dip into a divine class or Arcane Disciple, and then usable through Spontaneous Healer. POSSIBLY CHEESY?
5 ) Celerity and related timestop spells. CHEESY, ESPECIALLY WITH SPELLGUARD.

Suggestions? Are there other fun builds available for Warweavers?

Sorry, but you can only put Arcane spells in the Weave, you cannot apply any Divine spells in the Weave, even if you may have them through the TRAP Mystic Theurge PrC.

The fix for this is the feat Arcane Disciple (Complete Divine), which lets you add one domain to your arcane casting list. I would suggest the WAR domain for Magic Vestment and Divine Power. Imagine the build you posted being able to put Divine Power into the Weave? EVERYONE now has full BAB effectively. Have a nice day.

The other problem is that, because Arcane Disciple adds spells to your arcane spellcasting list, you are STILL not casting divine 2nd level spells and so cannot qualify for the MT PrC

Fax Celestis
2008-10-05, 05:21 PM
Spellthief allows you to take everyone else's spells and dump them in the weave.

sonofzeal
2008-10-05, 05:52 PM
This build is predicated on the premise that divine buffs are teh r0xx0rz.
I disagree. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE support characters, but if you want to be a true buffbot then your best bet is making all your buffs passive effects that don't require actions from you to activate.

You know, like the Aura-Master (http://boards1.wizards.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-857021).