PDA

View Full Version : How do I purge my PM file?

Gamebird
2005-03-22, 02:27 PM
I've got 90 private messages in my file and I'd rather have... oh, just the latest 10 or 20. How do I get rid of the first 70 or so without having to delete them one at a freaking time?

Zherog
2005-03-22, 02:29 PM
90? :o Yikes! I thought I had too many earlier today when I had five sitting out there!

This provides you no help at all, but to the best of my knowledge you have to do it one at a time.

White Blade
2005-03-22, 02:33 PM
Do it by hand, or just PM your self those you want to keep. (forcing them into your out box, which is probably also full.) I myself have 209 messages, and I just ignore most of them it can't be helped for me.

Zherog
2005-03-22, 03:04 PM
Holy cow - talk about a waste of server space! ::)

Gamebird
2005-03-22, 03:20 PM
Mine have accrued mainly because of my online game. I advertise here about playing and people send me PMs asking about the rules, or about their character concept, etc. They have my email address, but for about two weeks that wasn't working and I think some of them just got in the habit of PMing me.

Most of the letters are inconsequential. I started deleting them the other day, but I was on dial-up and it seemed excrutiatingly tedious. I was hoping there was a better way.

RawBearNYC
2005-03-22, 03:24 PM
There are two choices. One is to do each message manually. The other is to use the "Empty Inbox" and "Empty Outbox" links at the top of those respective pages. It's either "All at once" or "one at a time". No middle ground, sowwy.