PDA

View Full Version : The News Fader

belril
2005-03-01, 05:29 PM
Rich, I was wondering, do you not update the news fader on the board on purpose, or do you spend too much time at your Day Job and writing OOTS to update it. If the choice is between updating the fader and getting OOTS done on time, please work on OOTS! However, perhaps Baron, RawBear, Bogotter or X could modify it every mon. and thurs. to announce the new strip. Any thoughts (By mods or members) would be greatly appreciated. I hope for a very open debate/discussion.

WampaX
2005-03-01, 08:49 PM
:P

I'll be over here . . . kicking my can, I guess.

did't include me on that list. guess I'm not good enough to update the fader, being a CS major and all . . .
grumble grumble grumble.
I'm off to eat my frozen dinner. a few tauntaun ribs would be good right about now.

Frojoe21
2005-03-01, 09:15 PM
Awww, dont worry wampa, I would have mentioned your name if given the opportunity.

And leave the tauntauns alone. Especially one named Spit. Dont ask why I brought this up

Wampa is a nice, respectable person who has valid likes and dislikes.

There, that covers it all up nicely

pumpkinetics
2005-03-02, 03:47 AM
Actually,

Wampa=Furry ogre. From space.

Frojoe21
2005-03-02, 05:32 AM
I am quite aware what a wampa is. Its called sucking up to the mods in a blatantly obvious sort of way

Baron
2005-03-02, 05:33 AM
:P

I'll be over here . . . kicking my can, I guess.

did't include me on that list. guess I'm not good enough to update the fader, being a CS major and all . . .
grumble grumble grumble.
I'm off to eat my frozen dinner. a few tauntaun ribs would be good right about now.

;D ;D Genius!

Frojoe21
2005-03-02, 05:35 AM
baron, what happeded to your green stars?

Baron
2005-03-02, 05:49 AM
I only get them on the threads I have uber clicky thread modifing moderator powers over.

If you look closely you'll see that Wampa is also displaying his shiny gold stars on this board too, in all their lustrous glory. :)

Frojoe21
2005-03-02, 05:50 AM
Ahh i see. I almost lost sleep over that.

well, not really, I was just curious.

Happy Chanukah

RawBearNYC
2005-03-02, 11:27 AM
Sadly, there are only two community members that can change the news fader, the Giant and the uber rare Forum Admin. Normal mods don't have the power. Besides, *I* certainly don't want the responsibility for trying to be clever every Monday and Thursday.

belril
2005-03-02, 01:45 PM
To the wampinator: I'm very sorry. I wish that I could remember the names of all of the mods, but I don't have a really good memory. P.S. I hope your dinner tasted good.

Raw: Thanks for clearing that up.

Rich: Don't bother updating the fader if it interferes with the production of OOTS...Please!

Thanks all!

-Belril

Frojoe21
2005-03-02, 08:11 PM
Isn't the forum admin Rich? He started the website, so logic states that he has 2 identities on the boards

RawBearNYC
2005-03-03, 11:34 AM
Isn't the forum admin Rich? He started the website, so logic states that he has 2 identities on the boards
The number of things wrong with that assumption (and the assumptions on which it is grounded) are myriad.

Forum Admin is the default starting account that yaBB uses to set up the message boards. The first user that was created after that was The Giant and he has all of the same powers that Forum Admin does. For various reasons, I keep Forum Admin around in case I need to log in and take care of something in the Giant's absence, but I don't want my regular account to have the same powers.

I'm sure, if you asked Rich how to log in as Forum Admin, he'd make some dull noise indicating that he hasn't the foggiest idea how to do that (tho, technically speaking, he actually has all of the information required.).

McMouse
2005-03-05, 02:09 AM
Hmm.. not to flog a dead horse, but Wampa:

Baron, RawBear, Bogotter or X

The plot thickens. Of course, he may have been referring to xthemage.... but couldnt he have also be referring to WampaX ...?

Who was it, -really-? Feel the suspense! Which mod got the shaft?

Bum bum BUMMMM!!!

xthemage
2005-03-05, 10:22 AM
I'd respond, but it's too early in the morning for me to have anything clever to say.

belril
2005-03-06, 09:42 PM
Rich, thanks for your response. how very clever.