PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if you could have three wishes?

Beholder1995
2008-10-05, 11:43 AM
You've found a lamp buried underneath the topsoil in your backyard. For posterity, you decide to rub it. And lo and behold! Glowing purple gas swirls from its mouth and forms into a genie!

"I will grant you three wishes" He says. What would you wish for? :smallbiggrin:

"But there are a few rules", he continues...

Rule 1- NO WISHING FOR MORE WISHES. Period.

Loopholes: None. Don't even try it. :smalltongue:

Rule 2- Nothing explicitly evil. No wishing for a homicidal dragon to go ramaging across town, cool as it may be.

Loopholes: There are a few, such as wishing to be a wizard capable of summoning a homicidal dragon.

Rule 3- No directly influencing someone else's past or current life. So no wishing for world peace, wishing that someone was dead, wishing the past would change, or wishing that someone would fall in love with you.

Loopholes: Again, you could wish for the potential to do any of those, such as wishing to become president of the universe, wishing you were a professional assassin, or wishing you were much more charming and/or attractive. :smalltongue:

~-~

I myself would wish for:
1- to be as attractive as I could possibly be. Myself; but epitomized.

2- to have the intellect and awesomeness to truly excell at whatever I put my mind to.

3- for a clean, limitless alternative to oil to pop up in the next week. :smallbiggrin:

~-~

Although I can't help but wonder if this belongs in Silly Message Board games... :smallconfused::smallfrown::smallsigh:

onasuma
2008-10-05, 11:47 AM
1) Abilities of an epic level d&d wizard.
2) Pfft. As if i need more wishes

loopy
2008-10-05, 11:50 AM
1) That I have the ability to always say the words needed to get what I want out of a conversation, and endear myself to the people I am talking to, in a way that it seems like I've come up with it on my own.

2) That all my 'stats' be bumped 6 points.

3) That I have a steady yearly income of $1 million, obtained legally but without the media attention it would generally pull, so I could live the rest of my life in comfort.

Silence
2008-10-05, 11:51 AM
1.) Wish that I was an expert at using every musical insturment on Earth
2.) Wish that I was incredibly charismatic
3.) Wish that I was intelligent enough to figure out a way to get more wishes
4.) ???
5.) Profit

Mauve Shirt
2008-10-05, 11:53 AM
Enough money to pay for college, more college, yesterday's pizza, an ipod, and life. Not cursed money, or money out of a bank vault somewhere, just a lot of theoretical money in my bank account.

Enough confidence and determination to do the work that needs to be done in order to do well in my classes and all of the other stuff I attempt.

Good grades this semester, and every semester from now on.

PersonMan
2008-10-05, 12:08 PM
1. Ability to create time-pause/rewind areas. So I'd pretty much pause time everywhere but a small area.
2. To be able to create objects at will.
3. The ability to remember anything at will.

Castaras
2008-10-05, 12:13 PM
To be able to go be with my boyfriend right at this moment
To be able to be with him forever. >.>
For the whole world to be allied as one group for eternity

Explanations?

- <3. That's all that needs to be said.
- See the above.
- If the whole world is allied, then there'd be world peace, which would mean we can concentrate our efforts on saving our planet, exploring the solar system, or trying to find cures to many of the diseases that plague the human race.

Yes, I know you didn't want us to put World Peace, but it is the one thing I'd want most.

Jibar
2008-10-05, 12:20 PM
1. Wish Cat-Muffins were real.
2. Wish for a loophole that allows me to make more wishes.
3. Use the loophole to wish for more wishes.
4. Wish for a loophole to allow me to wish for whatever I want, no rules.
5. Wish the world was steampunk.
6. Wish for the paranormal to be real.
7. Wish I was a world famous adventurer.
8. When I get bored of that, wish I was a Cat-Muffin.
9. ???
10. Profit.
11. Wish for a pony.

Syka
2008-10-05, 12:23 PM
1. That my boyfriend and I won't have to do long distance after December (no loopholes on this one, like us breaking up or something. I'm talking happy relationship where we live within 20 minutes of each other thing).

2. That I could manage the above while I get my PhD and he gets his film degree where it's best (practically impossible...my dream professor is in Chicago, his dream school is in New York...)

3. To live a happy and comfortable life. Enough money for necessities and some travel, preferably once a year. This includes having a job I and my partner enjoy. No loopholes on any of these wishes, by the way, like twisting them or something.

Cheers,
Syka

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-05, 12:24 PM
1. I'd wish to win a huge amount of money on the Euro Lottery.
2. I'd wish for the ability to have 3.5 Edition Generic Spellcaster levels (preferably at least 20 of them :smalltongue:).
3. I'd wish for the ability to turn into a fox, or half fox, at will.

Phase
2008-10-05, 12:28 PM
1.) I wish that exactly five minutes after I finish this sentence, I become permenantly and completely omnipotent.
2.) I wish that I will be able to purposefully channel said omnipotency, that it may not overload my senses or become uncontrollable.
3.) I wish for an awesome lizard-horse thng to ride in shiny black and red armor.

-Because it's awesome
-Because without it, the first might not work
-Because I need something with which to look awesome

EndlessWrath
2008-10-05, 12:43 PM
1) Wish for the power to grant my own or my friend's wishes... if not... I'd wish for the number 1 superpower... Each day...for 1 hour a day. I can choose any 1 super power... and the power resets the next day. so one day I can fly. the next... Throw fire...etc.

2)Immortality for myself...and the ability to grant it to one other... in addition, be able to remove the gift and give it to a different person.

3) My speechcraft and charisma skills actually do something for the world instead of just influencing people through acting.

Reasoning.
1) why one hour? Why would I need a super power for more than one hour? 10 rounds/minute. 60 minutes. Thats 600 rounds... How many move/attack actions would i need to defeat a super villain? or fly at super speed to visit friends?

2) Because I've wished to see the world and there's just too much stuff to do and not enough time to do it... and I don't wanna be alone would I? Thats how you turn into a BBEG

3) Although all my other skills are useless... I'm extremely charismatic (not trying to brag...) So I'm hoping not only will I act and do theater and such.. but also Hoping to inspire people toward greatness...
...a lot like he was for me-> Andreas Katsulas. One of my 4 heroes. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgvUtWuzaPE)

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-05, 12:58 PM
1: A TARDIS or any other machine capable of traveling through time, space, and dimensions. Preferably with operating manual.
2: The ability to, at will, have the entire world operate on any game system, and be able to modify any attributes of this game system (i.e. be able to see my character sheet, give myself umpteen billion levels of wizard or whatever, divine ranks, edit other people's sheets, give myself stuff by putting it in my "possessions" box, etc).
3: I'd probably keep this one in reserve. Of course, if I couldn't, I'd wish for "true love" or something like that.

MisterSaturnine
2008-10-05, 01:00 PM
1) The ability to teleport.

2) The ability to heal--the more severe the wound, the longer it would take to heal someone, but basically, I can choose to heal (or in the case of diseases, put them on the path to recovery) by giving them a poke to the head. This includes myself.

3) The ability to be awe-inspiringly good at every instrument. Including the kazoo. :smallbiggrin:

adanedhel9
2008-10-05, 01:00 PM
I'd wish that the genie not fulfill my wish.:smallamused:

Seriously:

1) The ability to know anything that I want to know (might limit this to human knowledge, so I don't accidentally drive myself insane with the unknowable).

2) Stopping time sounds like fun.

3) The ability to create, and travel to alternate realities of my own design. This basically give me infinite wishes, just not in this reality.

ghost_warlock
2008-10-05, 01:03 PM
1) Wish for hand-held, electronic books to appear on the most-frequently used desk of every scientist in the world with a PhD in physics. The document contained in the e-book could be read in any of the 200 most prevalent languages on the Earth and would detail the methods to construct and implement a working, cheap, safe, and environmentally-friendly cold fusion reactor, which otherwise uses only readily-accessible materials and technology to construct, and which would fit within a 2-mile-radius area.

2) Wish for hand-held, electronic books to appear on the most-frequently used desk of every scientist in the world with a PhD in physics. The document contained in the e-book could be read in any of the 200 most prevalent languages on the Earth and would detail the methods to construct and implement a working, cheap, safe, and environmentally-friendly engine capable of reaching Alpha Centauri within two years of travel time, which otherwise uses only readily-accessible materials and technology to construct, and which would fit within a quarter-mile radius area.

3) Wish for hand-held, electronic books to appear on the most-frequently used desk of every licensed medical doctor in the world. The e-books would contain digital reference documents organized and indexed for quick, easy reference which could be read in any of the 200 most prevalent languages on the Earth. The documents would detail the procedures to diagnose, prevent, treat, and cure every ailment or disorder ever experienced by a human being.

tl;dr version: cold fusion, FTL-drive, cure for all diseases.

Lord Herman
2008-10-05, 01:08 PM
Bah, no wishing for world peace? What are wishes good for if I can only wish things for myself?

Tragic_Comedian
2008-10-05, 01:14 PM
1. I wish for a face I can stand looking at in the mirror.
2. I wish for the ability to play the fiddle like a god without having to sell me soul to the devil.
3. I wish for the ability to grow a full beard.

SDF
2008-10-05, 01:33 PM
1) Omnipotence
2) Omniscience
3) Omnipresence.

Edge
2008-10-05, 01:35 PM
1) Unending concentration.

2) Telekinesis.

3) Hone my physical body to the best it can be whilst still obviously being me.

Flickerdart
2008-10-05, 01:39 PM
I'd probably just sit there making plans for whatever wishes would give me infinite wishes, realize the folly of this and get into a crazy discussion with the genie on the nature of humanity. At some point during this, I wish for something outside its power and it explodes.

Exeson
2008-10-05, 01:42 PM
1) To be fluent in all languages, both Ancient and Modern

2) To be able to stop time

3) To be able to read people's surface thoughts

Crow
2008-10-05, 01:47 PM
I'd have to say that there isn't anything that I would need to wish for.

3) Hone my physical body to the best it can be whilst still obviously being me.

You realize you don't need a genie to do that, right?

Edge
2008-10-05, 01:50 PM
Yes, but I'm exceptionally lazy.

potatocubed
2008-10-05, 02:21 PM
1. Love
2. Eternal youth.
3. Mind control powers.

That should keep me entertained for... well, forever, with any luck.

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-05, 02:39 PM
1. I wish that all of the aforementioned rules were null and void.

2. I wish that any wishes I make from 5 minutes ago until I die will have no chance of pulling a metaphoric "Monkey's Paw"

3. I wish for a ring of infinite wishes.

I win.

Lyesmith
2008-10-05, 02:42 PM
Comfortable life.

Love.

All the powers and abilites of Loki.

Copacetic
2008-10-05, 02:48 PM
1) I wish I knew everything.

2) I need more wishes... why? Need money? Blackmail a politician. Or rob a bank by making a legal withdrawel from every single account. Need power? Knowledge=power. I know everything. Therefore, I have every power in the universe avaliable to me. I could rule the universe. Bwahahah!

3) A high-tech lab. Because if I know everything, I'm gonna need some space to build that anti-gravitee device.

Destro_Yersul
2008-10-05, 02:58 PM
I think I'd wish for, in this order:

1:To be able to Travel through time (and space!), both directions, with no nasty consequences of any sort. Think Back to the Future, without the 88 miles per hour. Or the DeLorean.

2: To be the grand high emperor of everything, who makes all the decisions, and people just have to go with it.

3: To be a lich, non-evil, with all the accompanying magical goodness.

I figure that sets me up for the rest of forever.

Lupy
2008-10-05, 04:02 PM
1) To be the greater god of space, matter, et cetera.
2) An army of two trillion angry angels.
3) The Tobril.
4) ????
5) God-King of the Universe!

Mc. Lovin'
2008-10-05, 04:06 PM
Wish that I gained a superpower, that superpower being that I have three slots which I can fill up with any superpower that I can think of, including this one. Also, the choices I make get reset every day.

Well I don't really need anything after that, so I suppose I would wish to be able to make anyone I talk to be happy, and ... I really don't know. That overpowered superpower means I can achieve pretty much anything I think of. I suppose my final wish could be that I can re-do anything I do from the point of getting wishes onward. :smallsmile:

chiasaur11
2008-10-05, 04:12 PM
Lessee...

Infinite Legos, in a personal, well organized, easily accessible pocket dimension.

Giant Transforming Robot Dinosaur Mech with loyal but sarcastic AI.

Human sized hamster ball.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-10-05, 04:15 PM
#1. For the woman I love to be able to see into my heart if but for a moment.
#2. For me to be the one who can bring she above the most happiness of anyone.
#3. For those I love, both present and future, to lead long, happy, successful lives.

Maybe sappy but it's true.

Khosan
2008-10-05, 04:27 PM
The ability to shapeshift into any shape with no pain caused by the transformation.
The ability to slow time. Because it supports my procrastination.
Telepathy. Just because.

DrowVampyre
2008-10-05, 04:43 PM
Well...we can go for 2 sets here.

1) Wish to have the powers in real life that Pun-Pun possesses in D&D.
2) Grant my own "wishes" from here on out, so the others could be like...wish for a Coke and a hamburger.

If we take the Pun-Pun out of the picture...

1) Wish to have a body that I'd like (might as well go for "perfect body for me" since it's a wish).
2) Wish to have a couple hundred million dollars in internationally-backed money, so that I could live perfectly comfort6able and could see to it that my friends could too.
3) Probably call up my best friend and ask her what she wants to wish for, then wish for that.

Crow
2008-10-05, 04:50 PM
What's with all the wishing for physique? Surely with infinite power there could be something more?

Mc. Lovin'
2008-10-05, 05:06 PM
What's with all the wishing for physique? Surely with infinite power there could be something more?

To be honest Crow, I'd be questioning these:

Infinite Legos, in a personal, well organized, easily accessible pocket dimension.

Giant Transforming Robot Dinosaur Mech with loyal but sarcastic AI.

Human sized hamster ball.

before moving on to the people wishing for better bodies :smalltongue:

Kimusabe
2008-10-05, 05:13 PM
Well I'd definately wish for Eternal Happiness! :smallbiggrin:

The other two would either be:
2) - The ability to manipulate time (slow, stop, reverse etc)
3) - Angel Wings

or:
2) - The power to create or destroy anything I wanted
3) - A big black awesomeness Dragon

I can't decide between them :smalltongue:

Khosan
2008-10-05, 05:20 PM

Exactly. Shapeshifting. Why go with one 'perfect' body when you can be whatever you can think of.

DrowVampyre
2008-10-05, 05:42 PM

For me, it's not wishing for physique, it's wishing for an entirely new body, cause...I hate the one I'm stuck in, and no amount of exercising will change that.

Exactly. Shapeshifting. Why go with one 'perfect' body when you can be whatever you can think of.

Mmm...well, shapeshifting would be fun from time to time, but I'd spend the vast majority of my time in said perfect body anyway, so it'd be sorta wasted on me. >_> <_< Still...

Yulian
2008-10-05, 06:30 PM
Well really...shoot the moon. Those rules are easy.

If I can have the ability to consciously alter reality in any way I choose while retaining or ignoring the consistency of the physical laws of the universe as I deem fit why would I even need another wish?

I then wish for the ability to subconsciously control the manipulation of reality in much the same fashion as my brain controls all of my autonomic physiological functions without needing my conscious input but still ending up doing what my conscious mind wishes to be done. ie, If I desire to create an entire world 50,000 light years from Earth with a civilization built along the lines of an altered medieval history, the minutiae of this world's history and every lifeform on it do not need to be explicitly spelled out by me but will be "autonomically" filled in in the process of creation.

Oh..."Genie, I wish you free." because by then I'm a nice godlike being.

- Yulian

Crow
2008-10-05, 06:31 PM
For me, it's not wishing for physique, it's wishing for an entirely new body, cause...I hate the one I'm stuck in, and no amount of exercising will change that.

I can understand if a person has some debilitating disease or something like that, as there isn't a whole lot they can do about it. For most people this isn't the case. The thing is, there is nobody out there who has the perfect body. Even the most beautiful people in the world have something "imperfect" with them.

I've found that most people who will find things wrong with their bodies when they are overweight, ugly, etc...will find things wrong with their bodies when they are lean, pretty, etc... Usually these people grossly exaggerate things that aren't that big of a deal to anyone but themselves.

It's really just a state of mind. While perfection isn't attainable, confidence is.

...and if you are one of those with a debilitating disease, I apologize.

Phae Nymna
2008-10-05, 06:38 PM
1. Cut my body fat to 6% and boost my muscle mass by 5% of its current.

2. To receive an airdrop crate full of all of the equipment (clothing, weapons, tools) used by the TF2 Red Medic, Kroenen, Rorschach, and V.

3. To be a Jumper. (Jumper as in the Annakin + Windu movie)

DrowVampyre
2008-10-05, 06:38 PM
I can understand if a person has some debilitating disease or something like that, as there isn't a whole lot they can do about it. For most people this isn't the case. The thing is, there is nobody out there who has the perfect body. Even the most beautiful people in the world have something "imperfect" with them.

I've found that most people who will find things wrong with their bodies when they are overweight, ugly, etc...will find things wrong with their bodies when they are lean, pretty, etc... Usually these people grossly exaggerate things that aren't that big of a deal to anyone but themselves.

It's really just a state of mind. While perfection isn't attainable, confidence is.

...and if you are one of those with a debilitating disease, I apologize.

Not exactly, no. I was born in a body of the wrong gender, though, so...yeah... And when I say perfect, I mean...y'know, perfect for me, not objectively perfect/free of any flaws/etc. Especially since flaws are subjective, that's kinda unattainable. >_> <_<

Crow
2008-10-05, 06:40 PM
Not exactly, no. I was born in a body of the wrong gender, though, so...yeah...

That's too deep for my little brain. That hadn't even occurred to me.

Nychta
2008-10-05, 06:51 PM
1) The ability to manipulate my surroundings at will, disregarding any laws of physics.

2) No need for sleep (no side-effects of not sleeping).

3) I really don't know yet. After number 1, there's not much else I can think of.

smellie_hippie
2008-10-05, 07:06 PM
1. I would wish for photographic and phonographic recall with complete accuracy.

2. I would wish for lawmakers and other authoritative figures to realize that the economic circumstances were backwards, and teachers/health professionals/social works etc received the salaries of athletes/musicians/actors.

3. I would wish for the ability to tune out any distractions to allow for total concentration without any detremental effects.

-------

1. The ability to recall with perfect accuracy anything I have ever seen or heard would be awesome. No 'forgetting birthdays' or 'what you asked me to do yesterday'... plus I could recall and play any piece of music I had ever heard...

2. I don't want to have a load of 'free money', because I feel that would inspire extreme laziness. Rather, I want the professions that help others to be 'more valuable' than those dedicated to entertainment... and more often to selfishness.

3. I think I need this to be able to get everything done that I would like to do. I just don't want to focus on playing a wonderful piece of music and forget to eat or breathe... for three days

Zeful
2008-10-05, 07:14 PM
Just to point out wishing for the ability to manipulate space/energy with complete disregard to physics is really wishing for the power to grant your own wishes. So your not getting that. Sorry to burst your collective bubbles.

My wishes would be preceded by a three to five page contract ensuring the genie's freedom in exchange for my two remaining wishes to be free of any ill-consequences to any of my friends, family or the environment at large. My wishes would be:
1.) that "Magic" is a real force in the universe, capable of both wilful manipulation and random occurrence.
2.) That I be granted full knowledge of magic as universal force.

FireFox
2008-10-05, 07:42 PM
1. To have the opportunity to fulfill my ambitions.
2. To know when exactly this opportunity will present itself.
3. To choose when I die and how.

They're not the best wishes... But right now, they're what I want.

Winter_Wolf
2008-10-05, 08:00 PM
1. Perfect literacy and fluency in all languages. Or at least the ability to be fluent and literate in any language I choose to study, but the time required to do so would be drastically compressed into something like a week, even a week per language would do for me.

2. Eidetic memory. I don't really need to know everything, but I'd sure like to be able to recall things with perfect clarity, even dreams. Oh, and the ability to do so without going completely insane.

3. Well, between 1 and 2, I think I'd like to hold number 3 in reserve until such time as I can think of something suitable that I could not realistically get by applying what I'd have gained from wishes one and two.

UglyPanda
2008-10-05, 08:03 PM
I just thought of this: Open-source Wishes (http://www.homeonthestrange.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=4)

Of course, if I don't have to go through all that hassle:
-Immortality and invulnerability while being able to choose to die or come back to life at will.
-Ability to acquire or lose any skill, ability, or piece of knowledge I desire at will.

Yarram
2008-10-06, 01:25 AM
1. I wish for perfect memory.
2. I wish for the perfect immortal body.
3. I wish for pie.

thubby
2008-10-06, 01:34 AM
1) all wishes go as i intend
2) omnipotence
3)???
4)profit

reorith
2008-10-06, 01:57 AM
1. the complete disarmament of the world's nations
2. a bunch of nukes
3. immortality.

game over. seriously, they can try and crank out more nukes, but i'll just invoke a policy of mutually assured destruction and eat cockroaches for an eternity and play spore irl.

newbDM
2008-10-06, 02:22 AM
I would ask for nothing, because Rule 3 forbids the only thing I want in life. Plus, I wouldn't wish for it even if I could, since it would not be real then.

newbDM
2008-10-06, 02:33 AM
Bah, no wishing for world peace? What are wishes good for if I can only wish things for myself?

Could you please tell me what exactly is going on in that avatar of yours? Confusing it be.

Yarram
2008-10-06, 04:10 AM
I would ask for nothing, because Rule 3 forbids the only thing I want in life. Plus, I wouldn't wish for it even if I could, since it would not be real then.

What's rule 3?

ghost_warlock
2008-10-06, 04:15 AM
What's rule 3?

Rule 3- No directly influencing someone else's past or current life. So no wishing for world peace, wishing that someone was dead, wishing the past would change, or wishing that someone would fall in love with you.

There ya go

DigoDragon
2008-10-06, 09:18 PM
I wish I knew what I'd wish for... oh wait, here's one:
I wish that my current artistic projects would become extremely successful animated TV shows. :smallsmile:

cmdrcantley
2008-10-06, 10:00 PM
1. Really know what the evil women are thinking.
2. Have enough $ to live in comfort, but not be greedy.
3. Be able to show my step-daughters how smart their mom really is.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-06, 10:05 PM
Could you please tell me what exactly is going on in that avatar of yours? Confusing it be.

Hi, I'm not Lord Herman, but I play him on TV.

I believe it's his old D&D character, halfling rogue Javie Swiftbow, dressed up as a caveman, after just successfully "defeating" and robbing a baron.

InksGuy
2008-10-07, 02:23 PM
1. Shapeshifting. Or Transmogrification (http://www.transmogrifier.org/ch-img/ch870323.gif), if you wanted to be all Calvin and Hobbes about it. Disregarding conservation of matter, and also separate of any changes in conscience/intelligence that might come from suddenly having, say, the brain of a spider.

I would keep the other two wishes until the event that I might need them, or thought of / found something worthy of using them on.

Linkavitch
2008-10-07, 06:40 PM
1 a few quintillion dollars
2 a red '08 Mustang with a sweet sound system, red-and-black interior, an awesome engine, and black racing stripes.
3 a new magic genie:biggrin: (if that was one of those non-existent loopholes you were talking about, then my 3rd wish would be a room in my house with several 36in plasma tvs, and a copy of every video game in existence, along with every game system to ever exist. Oh, and they all half to work.:wink:)

Collin152
2008-10-07, 06:50 PM
1) Impunity

2) Authority

3) Another Genie

1) Immortality

2) Eternal Life

3) Another Genie

and so on.

TigerHunter
2008-10-07, 07:16 PM
What I'd Really Do (after pinching myself repeatedly and dunking my head in a barrel of cold water to make sure I'm not hallucinating):
After spending about an hour questioning the genie about how this magic system works and whether I'm selling my soul to the devil or anything, head here (http://homeonthestrange.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=4) and read the wishes for Immortality and Omnipotence, after carefully proofreading them for any mistakes that might have been made and loopholes the genie can use to screw me over (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LiteralGenie). I'd save my third wish for some sort of emergency, since now that I'm omnipotent I don't really need the genie for anything short of reversing the wishes if he still manages to screw me over.

What I'd Like to Do:
1. Regeneration (Including the ability to reverse aging, effectively granting myself immortality. Though able to be suspended if I will it to be, in case I decide that living forever isn't all it's cracked up to be.)
2. Telepathy (Because mind rape solves everything.)
3. Teleportation (Because instantaneous travel is the one thing telepathy can't get me.)

Aystra
2008-10-07, 08:13 PM
1) Be able to fly.
2) Have the ability to control time.
3) Make the OOTS comics come out faster.

Moff Chumley
2008-10-07, 08:20 PM
1) Time Travel
2) Shapeshifting
3) The knowledge of how to get more wishes. If there aren't any, I can pretty much do anything with 1 and 2. So there ya go.

Yulian
2008-10-07, 09:49 PM
Just to point out wishing for the ability to manipulate space/energy with complete disregard to physics is really wishing for the power to grant your own wishes. So your not getting that. Sorry to burst your collective bubbles.

No it isn't. You're really splitting hairs. That ability doesn't depend on someone specifically wishing for anything. You will it, and it is so. That's more like wishing to be a deity than anything else.

I can still beat The Wishing Game, even if you pull that one.

Wish #1 is all I need...the rest will follow.

"I wish I knew how to get exactly what I really want in a way I will be completely satisfied with with my next two wishes."

Read Larry Niven's short story "The Wishing Game" sometime. Full of useful tips.

- Yulian

togapika
2008-10-08, 12:32 AM
1 Ability to have a job that allows me to directly save peoples lives

2 Ability to reach myself through the intarwebs and have my fist come out other peoples computer screens, to be used solely for the purpose of punching out people who are jerks in online games

3....Profit???

3 Either the ability to turn into stuff ALA Absorbing Man (Fire, Electricity, the properties of Asgardia etc.) or a job that involved traveling around the world with friends and having adventures (Power Rangers anyone?)

OverdrivePrime
2008-10-08, 09:11 AM
My three selfish wishes:
1. I wish to be perfectly fluent in all forms of communication.
2. I wish for my intelligences (yes, plural) to increase at a rate of 1% per day, for eternity.
3. I wish to live in pefect health for as long as I desire to live.

mangosta71
2008-10-08, 12:12 PM
This is easy.
1) The power to grant my own wishes as I see fit (omnipotence)
2) Knowledge necessary to do so (omniscience)
3) ...

Ok, only the first two are easy.

Beholder1995
2008-10-08, 05:08 PM
The genie's not stupid, guys.

It won't grant a wish that will let you get more wishes. Period. :smalltongue::smallconfused:

bosssmiley
2008-10-09, 05:07 AM
After Frank Zappa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZVpOg8qHL0):

1. Titties
2. Beer
3. Why would I need a third wish? :smallconfused:

Charity
2008-10-09, 05:44 AM
You'd look great with norks Bossman... well you would after I'd helped you out with the beer burdon.

Raz_Fox
2008-10-09, 07:00 AM
I've thought about this 'un a while, so here goes:

1. Shapeshifting, external and internal. External is basically turning into a wolf/elf/girl looking however I choose, so the wolf-form could have red fur if I so wanted. Internal would basically be making sure my body doesn't kill itself shapeshifting and boosting my mental faculties, especially my memory.
2. I loved adanadhel9's wish, so here goes: I wish I could create and travel to alternate realities of my own design. Oh, and that includes creating any handy little items in a chest once I get there. (Indestructible coat of quantum sheathed pockets, sonic screwdriver, Holy Avenger...)
3. That I would have the Eye of Sauron flash in my mind for a moment when I'm about to sin, with the echoing sound effect that goes on for several moments. Outward sins though, not inward sins. Then I'd be staring at the Eye every moment.