PDA

View Full Version : Four Lords of the Elements [4e] [PEACH]

KKL
2008-10-06, 02:08 AM
You see before you a tiny figure, about the size of a short human, stooped over, dressed in a cloak covering it's entire body. A hood masks it's face, yellow pinpricks of light representing eyes. As far as you are from it, you can smell a disturbing, foul stench.

Milon of Poison (Level 18 Elite Artillery)
Medium Elemental Humanoid
4,000 EXP
Initiative +13
Senses Perception +18
Lord of Poison aura 6; enemies within this aura take a -5 penalty to saving throws made against ongoing damage. In addition, any ongoing damage that deals poison damage is cumulative, and failed saving throws increases the ongoing poison damage by 2.
HP 224 ; Bloodied: 112
AC 34 ; Fortitude 33 ; Reflex 34 ; Will 32
Immune Acid, Necrotic, Poison, Disease
Vulnerable Fire 10, Radiant 10
Saving Throws +2 (+6 against fear and Charm effects, and against effects that daze, stun, immobilize, restrain, or slow); whenever an attack applies an effect to Milon that a save can end, he makes an immediate saving throw. If it succeeds, he is unaffected by the effect. Milon makes saving throws at the end of each of his turns as normal.
Speed 6, teleport 6
Action Point 1

Melee Basic: Bile Touch (standard; at-will)
+23 vs Reflex; 1d10 + 7 poison damage and the target takes ongoing 3 poison damage (save ends)

Ranged Basic: Venom (standard; at-will)
Range 15; +23 vs Fortitude; 1d10 + 7 poison damage and the target takes ongoing 3 poison damage (save ends)

Bio (standard; encounter; recharge 5,6)
Burst 1 within range 15; +25 vs Fortitude; 3d10 + 8 poison damage and the target takes ongoing 5 poison damage and a -2 penalty to attack rolls (seperate saves ends)

Drain (standard; encounter; recharge 4,5,6)
Range 15; +23 vs Fortitude; 3d8 + 9 damage and Milon recovers HP equal to the damage dealt.

Virus (standard; encounter; recharge 6)
Burst 2 within range 15; +22 vs Fortitude; 4d10 + 8 poison damage and the target takes ongoing 8 poison damage (save ends)

Plague (standard; encounter; recharge when bloodied)
Burst 1 within range 15; +23 vs Fortitude; 4d12 + 8 poison damage and the target takes ongoing 10 poison damage and is weakened (seperate save ends)

Teleport (immediate reaction, when an enemy moves adjacent to Milon; recharge 5,6)
Milon teleports his speed.

Lord of Poison
All of Milon's attacks ignore resistances to poison, if any.

Alignment Evil Languages Common, Infernal, Draconic
Skills Arcana +25, History +25, Religion +25, +20 Bluff, +20 Insight
Str 20 (+13) Dex 20 (+13) Wis 20 (+13)
Con 24 (+15) Int 26 (+17) Cha 22 (+14)

Milon's Tactics
I'm bad at writing this MM style. You know what, if you're actually using Milon I suggest you be an utter bastard to whatever poor saps you're pitting against him.

Milon's Lore
DC 0: HAHA SERIOUSLY WHO IS THIS GUY

Encounter Groups
Sword Wraiths. Lots of them. LOTS. As many as possible, even. Goddamn those are awesome enemies.

Special: After death, Milon rises as Scarmilonge after 1d6 hours. For further information on Scarmilonge post revival, refer to Scarmilonge's Tactics.

Scarmilonge of Death (Level 20 Solo Skirmisher/Lurker)
Large Elemental Undead Humanoid
14,000 EXP
Initiative +22
Senses Perception +19, Darkvision.
Weight in Life aura 10; enemies within this aura treat the area within this aura as difficult terrain.
Shroud of Death aura 5; enemies within this aura are affected by Scarmilonge's Curse if they are hit by an attack. Once an enemy leaves this aura, Scarmilonge's Curse dissapates at the start of that character's next turn.
HP 960; Bloodied: 480
AC 37 ; Fortitude 35 ; Reflex 36 ; Will 35
Immune Necrotic, Poison, Disease, Acid
Resist Cold 20
Vulnerable Fire 15, Radiant 10
Saving Throws +5 (+8 against fear and charm effects, and against effects that daze, stun, immobilize, restrain, or slow); whenever an attack applies an effect to Scarmilonge that a save can end, he makes an immediate saving throw. If it succeeds, he is unaffected by the effect. Scarmilonge makes saving throws at the end of each of his turns as normal.
Speed 10
Action Points 2

Melee Basic: Tentacle Slam (standard; at-will)
Reach 2; +25 vs AC; 3d8+7 damage

Double Attack (standard; at-will)
Scarmilonge makes two melee basic attacks against the same target or two seperate targets within his reach.

Hammer (standard; recharge 4,5,6)
Reach 2; +23 vs Fortitude; 4d8+7 damage and the target is dazed until the end of Scarmilonge's next turn.

Sweep (standard; recharge 4,5,6)
Close burst 2; +22 vs Reflex; 3d8+7 damage and the targets are knocked prone.

Riposte (immediate reaction; when Scarmilonge is attacked by an opportunity attack)
Scarmilonge makes a melee basic attack against whoever he provoked an opportunity attack from.

Meld Into Darkness (standard; only while in shadows or dim light; recharge 5,6)
Scarmilonge becomes invisible until after he makes a melee basic attack or a Double Attack.

Back Attack
Scarmilonge deals an extra 2d6 damage on damage rolls against an enemy he has combat advantage against.

Quick
Scarmilonge can take an extra standard action on each of his turns. This extra standard action is lost if he is dazed.

Slow ✦ Curse (minor; may only target enemies under Scarmilonge's Curse)
Targets under Scarmilonge's Curse take a -2 penalty to attack rolls.

Drain ✦ Curse (minor; may only target enemies under Scarmilonge's Curse; only useable while bloodied)
Targets under Scarmilonge's Curse take 1d10 damage and Scarmilonge restores HP equal to the amount of damage dealt by Drain.

Pain ✦ Curse (minor; may only target enemies under Scarmilonge's Curse)
Targets under Scarmilonge's Curse take a -2 penalty to all defenses and 10 damage.

New Keyword: Curse
Powers with the Curse keyword may only be used once per turn. Powers with the Curse keyword that have an effect that does not resolve immediately end at the end of the opponent's next turn.

Alignment Evil Languages Common, Infernal, Draconic
Skills Acrobatics +23, Athletics +22, Arcana +21, Endurance +22, History +21, Stealth +23
Str 24 (+17) Dex 26 (+18) Wis 20 (+15)
Con 24 (+17) Int 22 (+16) Cha 20 (+15)

Scarmilonge's Tactics
After rising from the dead, Scarmilonge stalks the party as long as he is able, and only attacks under the cover of night, or somewhere his mobility and ability to Meld Into Darkness works in his advantage. He attempts to first kill whoever proves the most danger to him, namely melee Strikers or Controllers before prioritizing the rest of the party.

Scarmilonge's Lore
Insight DC 15: OH GOD HE'S THAT POISON GUY YOU FOUGHT BEFORE EXCEPT NOW HES HUGE AND STEALTHY AND WHAT THE CHRIST HE JUST DISAPPEARED INTO THE DAAAAAAAAAARKNESS

Mando Knight
2008-10-06, 09:30 AM
It's Scarmiglione (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8vz186pjY0)... Also, shouldn't he know Abyssal or Elemental instead of Draconic? Also, as a Lord of the Elements, he should really be an elemental...

KKL
2008-10-06, 01:45 PM
It's Scarmiglione (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8vz186pjY0)...
Scarmilonge rolls off the tongue far better than Scarmiglione.

Also, shouldn't he know Abyssal or Elemental instead of Draconic?
There's an elemental language? News to me. I'm going to have to look at my PHB's language section again.

Also, as a Lord of the Elements, he should really be an elemental...
In D&D terms he's not really much of an elemental.

Mando Knight
2008-10-06, 02:16 PM
There's an elemental language? News to me. I'm going to have to look at my PHB's language section again.

In D&D terms he's not really much of an elemental.

Oops. My bad. It's called Primordial, and Genasi get it (FR PG)...

Well, he's supposed to be Scarmiglione of Earth... and Demons are all Elementals... including Orcus, Demon Prince of the Undead...

KKL
2008-10-06, 02:35 PM
Oops. My bad. It's called Primordial, and Genasi get it (FR PG)...

Well, he's supposed to be Scarmiglione of Earth... and Demons are all Elementals... including Orcus, Demon Prince of the Undead...

Right, Primordial. Guess I must've overlooked it. Still, I don't see a reason to stick Primordial in, both forms of Milon are enough of a polyglot.

So it is...I'll add in the elemental bits. Also, I'm taking liberties here, I'm borrowing from the USA's SNES game and bits of that YouTube video.

Seriosuly though, I find it strange nobody has anything to comment on that actual statblock?

AstralFire
2008-10-06, 03:53 PM
I don't know much of anything about 4E due to no opportunity to play it, and I don't like Final Fantasy. So I haven't been able to comment, sorry.

afroakuma
2008-10-06, 04:01 PM
Scarmilonge rolls off the tongue far better than Scarmiglione

Uh... no, no it doesn't. Speaking as someone who speaks Italian, Scarmiglione is in fact far more fluid than Scarmilonge.

"skar-mill-YONE-eh" versus "skar-mi-LONJ" or "SKAR-mi-lonj"

It's in fact derived from Italian, being taken from Dante's "Inferno."

Regarding the stat block:

Most of us have little to comment because generally, Homebrew is still dominated by 3.5ers.

Don't give up hope, though. Someone will likely be able to comment.

Mando Knight
2008-10-06, 05:14 PM
Most of us have little to comment because generally, Homebrew is still dominated by 3.5ers.

Don't give up hope, though. Someone will likely be able to comment.

Aye, I've had the same problem with my 4E stuff, too... (it's in my sig, go now! Go, go, go!)

Rigon
2008-10-06, 05:42 PM
well i like these... but way to strong (not overpowered but not in the level i'm looking for)... right now i'm looking for mini monsters. something for my heroic tier players to bark at... level 1~10. you know.

Mando Knight
2008-10-06, 08:23 PM
well i like these... but way to strong (not overpowered but not in the level i'm looking for)... right now i'm looking for mini monsters. something for my heroic tier players to bark at... level 1~10. you know.

Then you're barking up the wrong tree. The Four Lords of the Elements aren't heroic-tier foes. Rather, they're late-Paragon to Epic tier.

afroakuma
2008-10-06, 08:54 PM
Barbariccia and Rubicante are Paragon. Cagnazzo is borderline Heroic/Paragon, and Scarmiglione is mid- to late Heroic.

I don't even know 4E and I know this.

You're talking about elementals who got hashed by two kids and an old man.

ArlEammon
2008-10-06, 09:08 PM
Barbariccia and Rubicante are Paragon. Cagnazzo is borderline Heroic/Paragon, and Scarmiglione is mid- to late Heroic.

I don't even know 4E and I know this.

You're talking about elementals who got hashed by two kids and an old man.

The two children were little Harry Potters. (well one Harry and one Hermione)
The "old man" was a legendary wizard that an entire magocracy wants to be like when they grow up.

afroakuma
2008-10-06, 09:19 PM
Said old man had access to very little of his magic at the time of the fight with Scarmiglione. And yes, the children were Harry Potters. 11-year old ones. If only they were Hermione Grangers. Unless you mean to suggest that Harry Potter was a Paragon by 11?

What I'm trying to say is that you have to gauge their power relative to the game they are derived from. What level would Golbez be if his least minion was CR 20? Where does the Demon Wall fall? Zemus? Zeromus? Because you're asking to cover three Fiends over 10 levels.

KKL
2008-10-06, 10:31 PM
Uh... no, no it doesn't. Speaking as someone who speaks Italian, Scarmiglione is in fact far more fluid than Scarmilonge.

"skar-mill-YONE-eh" versus "skar-mi-LONJ" or "SKAR-mi-lonj"

It's in fact derived from Italian, being taken from Dante's "Inferno."

Seriosuly? Well I guess you learn something new every day. I always pronounced "Scarmiglione" as "skar-mig-le-oh-nay" and "Scarmilonge" as "skar-mee-lown-gay"

And as for the whole thing with the tier of the monsters...I personally find the higher parts of Paragon and Epics to be much more interesting battle wise as they're quite deadly and I have near free reign to be a total arse to the PCs because battles tend to be a long chain of daze/stunfests anyways.

afroakuma
2008-10-06, 10:57 PM
I'm not saying that high-level combat isn't more interesting; simply that Scarmiglione's base form was more of a Leader/Controller of his Revenants and Ghouls ("Go, my children") and that he was a fight for a lower-level party. I would place him at around CR 7-8, his advanced form at CR 10, Cagnazzo CR 12-14, Barbarriccia CR 17-19 and Rubicante CR 20-23. They're powerful, but only for the point at which they appear. It's the pacing I'm concerned about.

And yeah, in Italian, "gli" is pronounced like the "lli" in "million." It's a slippery little sound to crack down on. Fun learning stuff!!! :smallbiggrin:

KKL
2008-10-06, 11:03 PM
I'm not saying that high-level combat isn't more interesting; simply that Scarmiglione's base form was more of a Leader/Controller of his Revenants and Ghouls ("Go, my children") and that he was a fight for a lower-level party. I would place him at around CR 7-8, his advanced form at CR 10, Cagnazzo CR 12-14, Barbarriccia CR 17-19 and Rubicante CR 20-23. They're powerful, but only for the point at which they appear. It's the pacing I'm concerned about.

And yeah, in Italian, "gli" is pronounced like the "lli" in "million." It's a slippery little sound to crack down on. Fun learning stuff!!! :smallbiggrin:

Tell you what, I'll whip up a lower CR version of Milon/Scarmilonge(Scarmiglione) for you. :P It'll also be an interesting experiment in seeing how well I can do with something that doesn't spam damage dice and general *******ry.

EDIT: Also, I fixed a potential TPK waiting to happen with the three curses Scarmilonge has.

afroakuma
2008-10-06, 11:28 PM
Oh don't worry about that; I won't be able to use him, since I don't run 4E. It was simply a reccommendation based on the fact that you have three more fiends to go through and standard progression caps off at 30.

Rigon
2008-10-07, 01:16 AM
Seriosuly though, I find it strange nobody has anything to comment on that actual statblock?

Then you're barking up the wrong tree. The Four Lords of the Elements aren't heroic-tier foes. Rather, they're late-Paragon to Epic tier.

I don't know the "Four Lords of the Elements" (i did not play that episode of FF ... or so i think) but the levels written in their stat blocks (18 and 20) kinda made me know that they're paragon. i was merely stating that i did not comment earlier because i saw that they are not what i was looking for.

you might wanna watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGP0ZCMDgDA) video on youtube. a guy named Hyadain made the music (he has a youtube account) but another one replaced the images.

Aevylmar
2008-10-07, 01:57 AM
First: I wish I'd thought of this before you did. Thumbs up on the idea!

Second, I really do agree with the idea that they'd be early in the game, though I'd put Milon at 10, myself: The first segment of the game is the Heroic Tier, which ends when Tellah and Cecil finish climbing Mount Ordeals and hit Level 11 and their Paragon Paths. It being a while since I played the second half of the game, I can't say precisely where the breakpoint between the Paragon and Epic tiers is, but I'd put it somewhere roughly around the Demon Wall.