PDA

View Full Version : Date of old comic

Mike62
2008-10-06, 01:03 PM
Is there some way to figure out what date a certain comic came out on? For instance, be able to say comic #X came up on February 25th?

bluewind95
2008-10-06, 01:14 PM
Well, if you're patient enough, you can search the date of the discussion thread post. They're posted when the comics update.

Mr. Mud
2008-10-06, 01:15 PM
Well, if you're patient enough, you can search the date of the discussion thread post. They're posted when the comics update.

Didn't think of that Bluewind. I think one could go into an RSS feed type program where it might be listed. I have no clue though, just an idea. :smallbiggrin:

Guildorn Tanaleth
2008-10-10, 11:11 AM
I think one could go into an RSS feed type program where it might be listed.

The RSS feeds don't include the posting dates, and they haven't been around long enough for an advanced feed reader to collect the dates on which most comics were updated (if that's the sort of thing you were referring to).

Also, I've heard that back in ye olden dayes of the site, comic discussion threads were for all comics posted that month, rather than each comic getting its own thread. Unless you want to read through those threads looking for posts saying, "The next comic's up," you're out of luck.

Zherog
2008-10-10, 11:25 AM
Also, I've heard that back in ye olden dayes of the site, comic discussion threads were for all comics posted that month, rather than each comic getting its own thread. Unless you want to read through those threads looking for posts saying, "The next comic's up," you're out of luck.

Yes, and before the monthly threads there was just a single thread for discussion that spanned a long, long time.

atteSmythe
2008-10-15, 12:26 PM
Yes, and before the monthly threads there was just a single thread for discussion that spanned a long, long time.

There were! The first 50 or so comics had a single thread, then they were monthly, then individual.

I used to maintain a Discussion Thread Index (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31997), but I stopped keeping up with it a little over a year ago. I don't remember why...it'd probably be nice to update it again.