PDA

View Full Version : First time DMing and already killed a character.

Pages : 1 [2]

mizzim
2008-10-30, 06:00 PM
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9392/goodcatos1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
If you look closely, you can see that Snuggles is also included in the Church of The Good Cat Pantheon.

no, that's just snuggles slitting the good cat's neck.

Ravens_cry
2008-10-30, 06:05 PM
no, that's just snuggles slitting the good cat's neck.
Now why would He do that to His own Mother?

Anonymous Man
2008-10-30, 06:05 PM
no, Raven's right.

Random NPC
2008-10-30, 06:11 PM
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm272/Berserker_74/funny-pictures-basement-cat-eats-so.jpg

GLORY TO THE CAT GOD, YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE

Pronounceable
2008-10-30, 08:33 PM
Now why would He do that to His own Mother?

I think you've missed some crucial aspects of Snuggles.

EDIT: In case anyone forgets, CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!

Thane of Fife
2008-10-30, 09:20 PM
I'm sure most of you have seen that fake Chick tract "Who Shall be Eaten First," or whatever it's called.

If someone could modify that to fit with the concepts created in this thread then, well,

Awesome

would result.

chiasaur11
2008-10-30, 10:27 PM
I'm sure most of you have seen that fake Chick tract "Who Shall be Eaten First," or whatever it's called.

If someone could modify that to fit with the concepts created in this thread then, well,

Awesome

would result.

Frankly, the original was that level of awesome.

Ah, Van Lente.

One of the great writers.

Ravens_cry
2008-10-31, 12:30 AM

EDIT: In case anyone forgets, CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!
May You Find Happiness In Your Path, I Have Found Another. And It Is Purring.
The Good Cats Blessing On You And Yours.

Sereg
2008-10-31, 12:30 AM
You all have still not understood the truth that is CAT. Snuggles (aka Basement Cat, aka the Dark Lord) and Cuddles (aka Cielling Cat, the Good Cat Mistress) are 2 members of a litter of 9 gods. Each has a different alignment for each is devoted to a different aspect of cat and each can smell a different emotion that they consider themselves to be above (in Cuddles case this is Hate). (Otherwise their powers are similar)

Ravens_cry
2008-10-31, 01:02 AM
You all have still not understood the truth that is CAT. Snuggles (aka Basement Cat, aka the Dark Lord) and Cuddles (aka Cielling Cat, the Good Cat Mistress) are 2 members of a litter of 9 gods. Each has a different alignment for each is devoted to a different aspect of cat and each can smell a different emotion that they consider themselves to be above (in Cuddles case this is Hate). (Otherwise their powers are similar)
I Believe I Already Discussed A Variant Of This Philosophy.
Still,Intriguing.

Dragonus45
2008-10-31, 09:03 AM
All lies all lies BLASPHEMY I SAY, There is only one true cat god and that is Snuggles. All others are lies and BLASPHEMY. They only exist to give hope to those snuggles shall eat soon so they may be comfortable until snuggles arrives. He likes his food with a fine lacing of TRUE terror. Yarn for the yarn throne, Catnip for the masters pleasure.

streakster
2008-10-31, 09:09 AM
A theoretical question - which would last longer against Snuggles, Chuck Norris or O-Chul?

Sereg
2008-10-31, 09:29 AM
O-Chul is Chuck Norris. (Surely you realise that such awesomeness cannot be contained in one personality). That said, at least O-Chul can smite.

Oh and incidently, if one of us servents of Cuddles were to meet Snuggles, we would get disintigrated, then Cuddles would rez us, then we'd get disintigrated again. We have the honour of dieing twice.

Pronounceable
2008-10-31, 09:47 AM
May You Find Happiness In Your Path, I Have Found Another. And It Is Purring.
The Good Cats Blessing On You And Yours.

When the "Good Cat" reveals itself to you in its true glorious and terrible form as the Cat God, you shall understand the folly of your beliefs and despair (incidentally adding that much sought after bittersweet flavor to your soul). Your naive beliefs will not save you. Not that anything could, but you'd have been spared of the horror. As you seem so dead set on blinding yourself to the truth, there is nothing more we can do for you...

A theoretical question - which would last longer against Snuggles, Chuck Norris or O-Chul?

c) None of the above. Both'd be instantly destroyed utterly, exactly at t=0. As would be anything else our dread lord deigns to destroy.

And Droganus, your fervor does you good. When your time comes, Snuggles shall be swift and somewhat merciful. Or possibly not, we are not responsible for any further change of policy that may be instated by our lord and master Snuggles.

Obligatory EDIT: CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! CAAATNIIP FOR THE CAAAT GAAAAAAAAWD!!!

Anonymous Man
2008-10-31, 03:40 PM
CATNIP FOR THE CAT GODS! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONES! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWLS! ALL HAIL CAT, CUDDLES AND THE REST OF THE CAT PANTHEON!

Sereg
2008-11-01, 01:57 AM
CATNIP FOR THE CAT GODS! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONES! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWLS! ALL HAIL CAT, CUDDLES AND THE REST OF THE CAT PANTHEON!

Indeed, may my lap forevermore serve Cuddles and Her Good Brothers when they desire it.

"And the Mistress of Good Cats didst hear his cry and didst grant him his request"-II Catticles 4:7

This thread has 9 lives and must never be buried.

Pronounceable
2008-11-01, 08:16 AM
^^Sigh. You people don't get it do you? You're in for a nasty, nasty surprise when dread lord Snuggles decides that your time has come.

EDIT, as always: CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!

mizzim
2008-11-01, 09:36 AM

Ya don't think?

Ravens_cry
2008-11-01, 09:48 AM
^^Sigh. You people don't get it do you? You're in for a nasty, nasty surprise when dread lord Snuggles decides that your time has come.

EDIT, as always: CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!

"Snuggles Will Come, Padding On The Soft Footpads Of Doom. But She Who Is The Mother Cat To Us All, She Who Is Good Cat, Will Care For Us In That Hour, As A Mother Cares For Her Kittens. A Fierce And Wild Protector Of All Things She Be, Terrible As the Claws Of The She Lion,And As Strong As The Jaws Of The Mother Tiger."
All Hail To Good Cat, Snuggles, Cat, And All The Pantheon!
Yarn For the Yarn Throne, And Milk For Their Milk Bowl! Offerings Of Catnip In Thankfulness And Fellowship!

Random NPC
2008-11-01, 10:58 AM

Your theory is flawed.

ALL cats are Chaotic, so in theory, only 3 cats exist.

Glory be to Snuggles, Bringer of the Hurtsies!

Ravens_cry
2008-11-01, 11:25 AM
Your theory is flawed.

ALL cats are Chaotic, so in theory, only 3 cats exist.

Glory be to Snuggles, Bringer of the Hurtsies!
I would say Siamese and similar temperament cats are the closest Cat Kind has to Lawful, no matter what Lady and the Tramp may say. That movie is an abomination unto Cat!
Here is another icon for the faithful, inspired by Good Cat.
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1108/goodcat2kd7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Random NPC
2008-11-01, 12:45 PM
I would say Siamese and similar temperament cats are the closest Cat Kind has to Lawful, no matter what Lady and the Tramp may say. That movie is an abomination unto Cat!

nah... they be Chaotic I-don't-give-a-flying-f-Neutral Cat

mizzim
2008-11-01, 12:48 PM

umm, one, that picture is obviously computer edited, and, two, there is no such thing as a "good chaotic" cat. there is only "neutral chatotic" and "evil chaotic" or whatever.

Ravens_cry
2008-11-01, 01:28 PM
umm, one, that picture is obviously computer edited, and, two, there is no such thing as a "good chaotic" cat. there is only "neutral chatotic" and "evil chaotic" or whatever.
Of course its obviously computer edited. It is but an image, designed to convey but a small portion of the glory that is Good Cat:smallwink:. As far as Good cats are concerned, I beg to differ:smallannoyed:. They may seem aloof compared to the "Oh Human, I am Thy Faithful Servant" slavishness of dogs, but they can love you all the same.

chiasaur11
2008-11-01, 02:18 PM

Yeah.

I can see, as a once in a generation oddity, a chaotic neutral cat. It's not likely, but it does make a certain kind of sense. I can even see lawful evil. But good? They're cats. It ain't gonna happen.

(For the purposes of this statement, only housecats count as cats)

Shadow_Elf
2008-11-01, 03:17 PM
The Cat Pantheon:

{table=header] Alignment | Name
Lawful Good | Cuddles
Neutral Good | Leoparddles
Chaotic Good | Bengal Tigger
Lawful Neutral | Lionddles
True Neutral | Wuggles
Chaotic Neutral | Couggles
Lawful Evil | Siberian Tigger
Neutral Evil | Pantheggles
Chaotic Evil | Snuggles [/table]
Hello, and Welcome to CatPrayer (TM)

Pronounceable
2008-11-01, 03:28 PM
As far as Good cats are concerned, I beg to differ:smallannoyed:. They may seem aloof compared to the "Oh Human, I am Thy Faithful Servant" slavishness of dogs, but they can love you all the same.

Aloof? You mean tyrannical. As far as the cat is concerned, YOU are the PET. It's your job to provide it with food, shelter and playthings indefinitely with no questions asked. They love you just as you love pizza.

And that's just for ordinary cats. Our dread lord's views on the matter defies mortal comprehension.

EDIT: And now a Cat Pantheon? Accept the truth people, save yourself the horror of shattered dreams and embrace the truth: There is one and only one true Cat God. And his wrath is legion.

BOW BEFORE THE TRUE CAT GOD, YOU PATHETIC PRIMATES! YOUR BODIES ARE NAUGHT BUT A DROP IN HIS MILK BOWL!! YOUR SOULS ARE AS YARN BEFORE THE MAJESTY OF DREAD LORD SNUGGLES!!!

CAAAAATNIP FOR THE CAAAAT GOOOOOOOOOOD!

chiasaur11
2008-11-01, 04:29 PM
Aloof? You mean tyrannical. As far as the cat is concerned, YOU are the PET. It's your job to provide it with food, shelter and playthings indefinitely with no questions asked. They love you just as you love pizza.

And that's just for ordinary cats. Our dread lord's views on the matter defies mortal comprehension.

EDIT: And now a Cat Pantheon? Accept the truth people, save yourself the horror of shattered dreams and embrace the truth: There is one and only one true Cat God. And his wrath is legion.

BOW BEFORE THE TRUE CAT GOD, YOU PATHETIC PRIMATES! YOUR BODIES ARE NAUGHT BUT A DROP IN HIS MILK BOWL!! YOUR SOULS ARE AS YARN BEFORE THE MAJESTY OF DREAD LORD SNUGGLES!!!

CAAAAATNIP FOR THE CAAAAT GOOOOOOOOOOD!

You know, wouldn't the most morally good option here for a person who (unlike those who have tried to stat out Rex, the Wonder Dog) believes Snuggles is that powerful be to oppose him, even knowing you'll fail?

Although we can both agree there is no good cat. I mean, sure, maybe lions can be good, or maybe some tigers, but housecats?

mizzim
2008-11-01, 04:43 PM
You know, wouldn't the most morally good option here for a person who (unlike those who have tried to stat out Rex, the Wonder Dog) believes Snuggles is that powerful be to oppose him, even knowing you'll fail?

Although we can both agree there is no good cat. I mean, sure, maybe lions can be good, or maybe some tigers, but housecats?

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

only1doug
2008-11-01, 04:58 PM

Unfortunately Chiasaur there is no point in trying to oppose Snuggles, your best hope is that Snuggles will eat you first (http://www.hellblazer.com/media/chick-cthulu.html).

Awesome

would result. Hmm, I'll have a go at it. Apathy Strikes.

Anonymous Man
2008-11-01, 05:03 PM
"Snuggles Will Come, Padding On The Soft Footpads Of Doom. But She Who Is The Mother Cat To Us All, She Who Is Good Cat, Will Care For Us In That Hour, As A Mother Cares For Her Kittens. A Fierce And Wild Protector Of All Things She Be, Terrible As the Claws Of The She Lion,And As Strong As The Jaws Of The Mother Tiger."
All Hail To Good Cat, Snuggles, Cat, And All The Pantheon!
Yarn For the Yarn Throne, And Milk For Their Milk Bowl! Offerings Of Catnip In Thankfulness And Fellowship!

Indeed. Also...
CATNIP FOR THE CAT GODS! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONES! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL! ALL HAIL THE CAT PANTHEON!

chiasaur11
2008-11-01, 05:14 PM
Unfortunately Chiasaur there is no point in trying to oppose Snuggles, your best hope is that Snuggles will eat you first (http://www.hellblazer.com/media/chick-cthulu.html).

Hmm, I'll have a go at it. Apathy Strikes.

I understand the hopelessness here.

I'm just thinking of bringing back the old norse virtues in doomed defeat thing.

You know, the whole "We know we'll die in Ragnarok, but we die fighting" thing.

Besides, it seems those Snuggles hates most last longest, just so he can toy with them more.

NPCMook
2008-11-01, 06:45 PM
How is this thread not locked? Its so massively derailed even the most lax of mods can see that!

Ravens_cry
2008-11-01, 07:07 PM
How is this thread not locked? Its so massively derailed even the most lax of mods can see that!
The Truth of Good Cat and Snuggles has opened their eyes to the glory that is Cat.
Either that, or Mods like silliness as much as we do.:smallbiggrin:

Pronounceable
2008-11-01, 08:29 PM

This thread has been desecrated in the name of the dread lord Snuggles. It is worthy of being added into the Yarn Throne. It'd be criminal (not to mention blasphemous) to lock this thread.

As is the norm: YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL! CAAAATNIP FOR THE CAAAAAT GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

Ravens_cry
2008-11-01, 09:06 PM
This thread has been desecrated in the name of the dread lord Snuggles. It is worthy of being added into the Yarn Throne. It'd be criminal (not to mention blasphemous) to lock this thread.

As is the norm: YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL! CAAAATNIP FOR THE CAAAAAT GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!
By the Blessings of Good Cat, This Thread Has Been Made Sacred In Her Sight. She Holds It In Her Paws, And Will Not Let It Be Put Down.
In that sense I agree with my esteemed colleague. The agent of this act, is where we differ.

Sereg
2008-11-01, 10:42 PM
The Cat Pantheon:

{table=header] Alignment | Name
Lawful Good | Cuddles
Neutral Good | Leoparddles
Chaotic Good | Bengal Tigger
Lawful Neutral | Lionddles
True Neutral | Wuggles
Chaotic Neutral | Couggles
Lawful Evil | Siberian Tigger
Neutral Evil | Pantheggles
Chaotic Evil | Snuggles [/table]
Hello, and Welcome to CatPrayer (TM)

Shadowelf hath revealed the truth! Blessings from Cuddles, Leoparddles and Bengal Tigger!

"For he who be-eth not willing to see the light, shalt forevermore remain in the darkness that be-ethSnuggles"-Purrverbs 6:14

Ravens_cry
2008-11-01, 11:27 PM
Shadowelf hath revealed the truth! Blessings from Cuddles, Leoparddles and Bengal Tigger!

"For he who be-eth not willing to see the light, shalt forevermore remain in the darkness that be-ethSnuggles"-Purrverbs 6:14
Good Cat goes by many names, Bengal Tigger be but one of them. The Church of The Good Cat approves of this pantheon.

Praise Be To Good Cat, Who Is Bengal Tigger, Who Is The Goddess!
Glory to the Cat Gods, and the Glory that is Cat!

Sereg
2008-11-02, 12:01 AM
"And Bengal Tigger didst say, 'Listen to my prophet Ravens Cry, through whom I revealeth many mysteries."-The Book of Roar 3:19

Ravens_cry
2008-11-02, 12:28 AM
"And Bengal Tigger didst say, 'Listen to my prophet Ravens Cry, through whom I revealeth many mysteries."-The Book of Roar 3:19

"And Good Cat Did Stretch Contently, And Did Say Unto The People ' I Am As Wind In The Grass, I Speak To All Who Will Listen. Hark To My Prophets Sereg And Shadow Elf, I Shall Give Them Such Truth As Will Be Revealed Unto You, My Beloved Kittens.'"
II Meomix 17:23

Aegis
2008-11-02, 12:32 AM
This topic is made of win and... dare I say it?

I dare.

It's made of win and kitten.

streakster
2008-11-02, 12:38 AM
Good Cat? Good Cat?

:smallconfused:...:smallmad:...:furious:

Brethren! To arms!

There is no Good Cat! There is no Pantheon! There is but Death, and Snuggles is his Master!

YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL! CAAAATNIP FOR THE CAAAAAT GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

Ascension
2008-11-02, 12:44 AM
I bring you tidings of a third path. Good is an illusion. Evil is an illusion. I'd tell you Law is an illusion, but most of you seem to have figured that out already. All that is real is a writhing sea of CHAOS, a Primordial Elder Cat who waits to plunge us all into gibbering insanity on a day of his choosing. Some false prophets have corrupted him into non-cat entities such as the fictitious Cthulhu, but in truth all such tidings of madness to come refer only to Primordial Cat.

Ravens_cry
2008-11-02, 12:49 AM
Cuddles definitely has a place within the Cat Pantheon, but it is these overzealous heretics who are an abomination unto Cat.
Wow, woe unto these blind, dock eared, stuff nosed guides, who froth as dogs with hydrophobia, as canines with rabies. Blindly chasing their own tail, too afraid of the truth that is Cat, and all the Cat Pantheon "
The Letter to the People of the Flea-collar 8:46

llamamushroom
2008-11-02, 02:45 AM
In the beginning was the Primordial. And the Primordial was with Cat. And the Primordial was Cat. And so it came to pass that, upon looking out at the Nothing and Emptyness and Void surrounding it, Cat was filled with a great Emptyness, and so strove to fill the Emptyness with it's Unknowable Feline. From Cat's Unknowable Feline, nine aspects were forged, one from each part of Cat's Unknowable ethics. From each aspect there arose a great yowel, and from the yowel all things that were, are, and shall ever come to be were made.

From the Litter, there were two in Opposition, and they were called Snuggles, for it was Great and Unknowable in it's devouring rage, and Good Cat, for it was Great and Unknowable in it's compassionate mercy. Seven more sprang forth from Cat's Unknowable Feline, and they were called Cuddles, Leoparddles, Lionddles, Wuggles,Couggles, Siberian Tigger and Pantheggles, for they were Great and Unknowable in their varied powers.

And so it came to pass that the first of Men, those insignificant and knowable simians, to Understand the Unknowable Cat came to Understand Snuggles...

My First Book Of Cats, Chapter 1

Chineselegolas
2008-11-02, 02:52 AM
Woof
Book of Dog. 1:1

Ravens_cry
2008-11-02, 03:10 AM
In the beginning was the Primordial. And the Primordial was with Cat. And the Primordial was Cat. And so it came to pass that, upon looking out at the Nothing and Emptyness and Void surrounding it, Cat was filled with a great Emptyness, and so strove to fill the Emptyness with it's Unknowable Feline. From Cat's Unknowable Feline, nine aspects were forged, one from each part of Cat's Unknowable ethics. From each aspect there arose a great yowel, and from the yowel all things that were, are, and shall ever come to be were made.

From the Litter, there were two in Opposition, and they were called Snuggles, for it was Great and Unknowable in it's devouring rage, and Good Cat, for it was Great and Unknowable in it's compassionate mercy. Seven more sprang forth from Cat's Unknowable Feline, and they were called Cuddles, Leoparddles, Lionddles, Wuggles,Couggles, Siberian Tigger and Pantheggles, for they were Great and Unknowable in their varied powers.

And so it came to pass that the first of Men, those insignificant and knowable simians, to Understand the Unknowable Cat came to Understand Snuggles...

My First Book Of Cats, Chapter 1
Your Holy Text Does Illuminate Many Dark And Unknown Areas Of The Faith, Filling Me With Brightness And Joy. Its Words Ring of Truth And Clarity, Thanks Be To You In These Dark Times For These Revelations.
Glory Be To Cat And The Cat Gods!

FoE
2008-11-02, 03:11 AM
Seriously, the new religion(s) needs banners or something. Possibly dozens of worshippers bowing before a huge cat idol ....?

llamamushroom
2008-11-02, 04:15 AM
Snuggles, in its Great and Unknowable devouring rage, fell upon its peers, and unto Cat didst yowl "Alone of Cat's Great and Unknowable aspects do I rule! My Dominion is Terrible, and with none of the Litter will I share power! Mine was the First Believer, and Mine shall be all Believers, that I might Toy with their everlasting souls in unending torment!"

In hearing the yowl of Snuggles, in its Great and Unknowable devouring rage, Good Cat didst yowl "Away from me, Snuggles! Yea, be Gone from within my sight! Your Dominion is not Terrible, For with the whole of the Litter must you share, or from you Cat, in its Unknowable Feline, will withold the Sweetmeats of Power and the Pie of Dominion!"

Upon hearing the yowls of Snuggles, in its Great and Unknowable devouring rage, and Good Cat, in its Great and Unknowable compassionate mercy, both in opposition to the other, Cat, the Unknowable Feline, with the Eternal Primordial, did cast away Snuggles and Good Cat, in their Great and Unknowable opposition, yowling "From my Great and Unknowable Feline wast thou made, and so thou makest war, one against the other! So I shall cast thee from my teat, nevermore to speak nor smell nor hear of thee, until once more you are made one with Cat and the Eternal Primordial."

Having seen the treatment of their Litter's Greatest and Most Unknowable, the further seven didst remark amongst themselves, "Surely it is with the Litter that the Litter should ally, not with Cat in its Unknowable Feline and the Eternal Primordial?" And so it came to pass that the Litter did leave Cat, only to be united with the others Away from Cat. Upon uniting, however, Snuggles, in its Great and Unknowable devouring rage, once again fell upon its peers, but didst yowl not. The Litter, seeing Snuggles' Great and Unknowable devouring rage, united against it, and didst cast Snuggles away from their Feline persons.

Once this accomplishment became known to Cat and the Eternal Primordial, Cat, the Unknowable Feline, didst decree "As my Litter cannot be united without making war, one against the other, it shall come to pass that never again will an aspect of Cat be together with another. In such a way will I protect all that is, was, and evermore shall be!"

And so Cat, the Unknowable Feline, did protect all of its Creation. So ends the First Lesson.

My First Book Of Cats, Chapter 1 ii

Anonymous Man
2008-11-02, 06:40 AM
Woof
Book of Dog. 1:1

BLASTHEPHEMY!

CATNIP FOR THE CAT GODS! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONES! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL! ALL HAIL THE CATS!

Pronounceable
2008-11-02, 08:59 AM
What's this? Blasphemies! More and more colorful blasphemies are cropping up left and right. Cat Pantheon? Primordial Elder Cat? Some sort of all encompassing Cat?

I was content to let you, the weak willed pitiful mortals you are, to delude yourselves into thinking there's anything but the cold void filled with an uncaring, malevolent force beyond your ken (which happens to be our dread lord), for that was going to give your souls the favored flavor of despair 'n horror when my terrible master names you catnip. However, your heretical insistence on fabricating ever more colorful lies to delude yourself with is causing others to fall into your folly as well. Heresy and blasphemy in this thread is increasing with an irritating rate, sweeping up the other weak willed and eroding the resolve of those strong enough to accept the reality of our ultimate insignificance in the eyes of great and terrible lord Snuggles. This is simply unacceptable. I cannot sit idly by while our most sacred creeds are being defied.

I say: NO MORE!

The time has come to show you; the foul Rexites, the deluded fools following "the Good Cat", the blasphemous preachers of some all encompassing Cat, lost and damned heretics worshipping false cat idols and the misguided cultists of the splinter sect of Primordial Elder Cat; the error of your beliefs!

I, the first one to be heralded as the prophet of the One True Snuggles, name thee CATNIP!

IT IS TIME! True followers of the terrible lord Snuggles! THE MOMENT OF GLORY APPROACHES! TO ARMS! PREPARE THYSELVES FOR THE UNHOLY CRUSADE AGAINST ALL WHO REFUSE THE TRUTH OF SNUGGLES!!! STEEL THYSELVES FOR THE GRUELING TASK OF CRUSHING HERETICS INTO CATNIP.

NOT IN HERE, THE DESECRATED THREAD OF OUR TERRIBLE MASTER SNUGGLES, WILL WE SUFFER THE EXISTENCE OF HERETIC! NOT NOW, NOT EVER!!!

Sereg
2008-11-02, 09:09 AM
Good Cat shall reward Llamamushroom for revealing the truth and Anonymous Man for defending it.

mizzim
2008-11-02, 10:12 AM
By the Blessings of Good Cat, This Thread Has Been Made Sacred In Her Sight. She Holds It In Her Paws, And Will Not Let It Be Put Down.
In that sense I agree with my esteemed colleague. The agent of this act, is where we differ.

no, actually, it's that Snuggles disintegrates any mods who try to close it.
CANIP FOR THE CAT GODS!!! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravens_cry
2008-11-02, 12:01 PM
Good Cat shall reward Llamamushroom for revealing the truth and Anonymous Man for defending it.
"Verily I Say Unto Thee, That In These Troubled Times, When Snuggles Dost Pounce, And The People Cover Their Heads With Their Paws In Gloom,Yet Will Good Cat Protect Her Kittens. As The Lioness Protecteth Her Cubs, So Shalt Good Cat Protect.
Snuggles Is The Forest Ablaze, The Strom That Shatters The Sky, The Flood The Sweeps All In Its Path. A Terrible Thing Is He, Destroyer Of Worlds And Harbinger Of Death. No Man Canst Stand Before Him, All Swords Shatter, All Shields Splinter.
And Yet, Fires Fade, Storms Dissipate, And Rivers Return Unto Their Appointed Channels. So Snuggle Returns The Balance, So Good Cat Her Granteth Mercy And Protection."

xPANCAKEx
2008-11-02, 01:33 PM
have you noticed that none of the other catgods answer your prayers? its because SNUGGLES HAS CONSUMED THEM ALL.

catnip for THE catgod, yarn for the yarnthrone.

Ravens_cry
2008-11-02, 01:38 PM
have you noticed that none of the other catgods answer your prayers? its because SNUGGLES HAS CONSUMED THEM ALL.

catnip for THE catgod, yarn for the yarnthrone.
Considering That Snuggles, Depsite Thy Prayers And Sacrifices, Has Yet To Destroy Us, I Wouldst Say That Rather Affirms The Existence Of Good Cat.
She Who Protects Is Greater Then He Who Wouldst Destroy.

Robz_defheadz
2008-11-02, 02:16 PM
An' while they'z arguin' wiv each other over who's da boss, da Orks can clobber da lot

mizzim
2008-11-02, 03:31 PM
*facepalm*

Ascension
2008-11-02, 03:42 PM
There is nothing beside the chaos of the Primordial Elder Cat. We are all in the Primordial Elder Cat, and of the Primordial Elder Cat. All 'reality' is an illusion with which we delude ourselves to save us from the grim realization of our true form. We all emanate from the shattered psyche of the Primordial Elder Cat, and we will all be obliterated when his wandering thoughts turn elsewhere, as they inevitably will.

Sereg
2008-11-02, 10:14 PM
Fear not, for while Snuggles cares not for His followers, Good Cat blesses and protects us."-The Book of Cheerymeower 2:19

chiasaur11
2008-11-03, 12:04 AM
Rex:

First and best of the heretics.

Also, he kills dinosaurs with atom bombs.

Ravens_cry
2008-11-03, 01:05 AM
Rex:

First and best of the heretics.

Also, he kills dinosaurs with atom bombs.
Yeah, but he is a dog.
Dogs think humans are the best things in the universe, and can do no wrong, and will love you and lick you forever and ever.
No matter how powerful, no dog could be a god.

Ascension
2008-11-03, 01:37 AM
Yeah, but he is a dog.
Dogs think humans are the best things in the universe, and can do no wrong, and will love you and lick you forever and ever.

No, dogs are pure evil and bite people and kill cats and should all be treated like the menace they are. This "man's best friend" crap is all a lie.

I hate dogs.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-11-03, 01:39 AM
No, dogs are pure evil and bite people and kill cats and should all be treated like the menace they are. This "man's best friend" crap is all a lie.

I hate dogs.You have obviously never met a Labrador.

Ascension
2008-11-03, 02:00 AM
You have obviously never met a Labrador.

I've had bad experiences. Bad experiences.

I hate dogs. Hate them.

But this is a thread of CAT, be CAT Primordial, Good, or Evil. We should not waste space in a thread of CAT discussing dogs.

Ravens_cry
2008-11-03, 02:12 AM
Agreed, The Surface Poopers, They Who Do Not Bury Their Excrement, Are Not Worthy A Thing To be Discussed, In This, Most Sacred Of Threads.

sebsmith
2008-11-03, 05:16 AM
Wow, when they (http://web.archive.org/web/20041208034712/www.xtalmac.com/webboardmech/laws.shtml) said anything can happen on a thread, they meant it.

Oracle_Hunter
2008-11-03, 05:53 AM
Wow, when they (http://web.archive.org/web/20041208034712/www.xtalmac.com/webboardmech/laws.shtml) said anything can happen on a thread, they meant it.

With Cats (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Wing), all things are possible.

For great justice!

chiasaur11
2008-11-03, 12:11 PM
Yeah, but he is a dog.

Spell Dog backwards.

You'll see the wisdom of Rex. Oh, he also runs the legendary Wild Hunt as a force for good.

With Rex, the phrase "For good or for awesome" can only be answered with "yes".

Athaniar
2008-11-03, 02:43 PM
Couggles, the Eminence of Neutral Chaos, demands your attention! He is the one true lord of cats, He is the one who truly represents cathood! He is Pure Feline Chaos! But for now, he will join up with any cat god who wishes to crush the evil that is dog. Down with the dogs, who use weapons of mass destruction and contamination to kill (nearly) extinct animals! That is just plain stupid, and that is what dogs are! Couggles will insert His Holy Teeth into the pretenders! AND HE DEMANDS TUNA!

Ravens_cry
2008-11-03, 04:18 PM
Spell Dog backwards.

You'll see the wisdom of Rex. Oh, he also runs the legendary Wild Hunt as a force for good.

Exactly, Dog is the exact and polar opposite of God.
"As Far As Nadir Be From Zenith, So Doghood Be From Godhood."
II Meoxmix 9:62

only1doug
2008-11-03, 04:32 PM

I hate dogs.

I think Dogs are brilliant, I'd much rather have a dog as a pet than a Cat, that's how i know that no dog could possibly be a god where as a cat... yeah i can see a cat god happening, especially a chaotic evil cat god. And One has arisen (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5057520#post5057520)

Good Cat? Oxymoron

Ravens_cry
2008-11-03, 04:37 PM
I think Dogs are brilliant, I'd much rather have a dog as a pet than a Cat, that's how i know that no dog could possibly be a god where as a cat... yeah i can see a cat god happening, especially a chaotic evil cat god. And One has arisen (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5057520#post5057520)

Good Cat? Oxymoron
That is because you have never had a cat, and known the companionable affection a cat can give.

chiasaur11
2008-11-03, 04:41 PM
That is because you have never had a cat, and known the companionable affection a cat can give.

I, however, have a cat.

I know the evil in their foul, foul souls.

And it won't even have the courtesy to die!

Fendalus
2008-11-03, 04:52 PM
I also, have the pleasure* of having a cat in my house. He attacks the furniture, the dog, my geckos (or tries, anyway), everyone who gets near him, and anything he feels like attacking. He also spills drinks, Sleeps in food, and is in general a pain. Snuggles I can easily see existing. Good Cat? Not a chance.

That said:
CANIP FOR THE CAT GOD!!! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Sarcasm

only1doug
2008-11-03, 05:07 PM

I have on fact owned a cat, your assumption about me is erroneous.
You are correct that i have never known companionable affection with a cat,

The ungrateful freeloaders only bother you when it wants something. As someone else said, Cats think you are the pet.

I prefer a dog, its there when you need it, instead of only turning up when it needs you.

Anonymous Man
2008-11-03, 05:08 PM
What's this? Blasphemies! More and more colorful blasphemies are cropping up left and right. Cat Pantheon? Primordial Elder Cat? Some sort of all encompassing Cat?

I was content to let you, the weak willed pitiful mortals you are, to delude yourselves into thinking there's anything but the cold void filled with an uncaring, malevolent force beyond your ken (which happens to be our dread lord), for that was going to give your souls the favored flavor of despair 'n horror when my terrible master names you catnip. However, your heretical insistence on fabricating ever more colorful lies to delude yourself with is causing others to fall into your folly as well. Heresy and blasphemy in this thread is increasing with an irritating rate, sweeping up the other weak willed and eroding the resolve of those strong enough to accept the reality of our ultimate insignificance in the eyes of great and terrible lord Snuggles. This is simply unacceptable. I cannot sit idly by while our most sacred creeds are being defied.

I say: NO MORE!

The time has come to show you; the foul Rexites, the deluded fools following "the Good Cat", the blasphemous preachers of some all encompassing Cat, lost and damned heretics worshipping false cat idols and the misguided cultists of the splinter sect of Primordial Elder Cat; the error of your beliefs!

I, the first one to be heralded as the prophet of the One True Snuggles, name thee CATNIP!

IT IS TIME! True followers of the terrible lord Snuggles! THE MOMENT OF GLORY APPROACHES! TO ARMS! PREPARE THYSELVES FOR THE UNHOLY CRUSADE AGAINST ALL WHO REFUSE THE TRUTH OF SNUGGLES!!! STEEL THYSELVES FOR THE GRUELING TASK OF CRUSHING HERETICS INTO CATNIP.

NOT IN HERE, THE DESECRATED THREAD OF OUR TERRIBLE MASTER SNUGGLES, WILL WE SUFFER THE EXISTENCE OF HERETIC! NOT NOW, NOT EVER!!!

cnsvnc, I agree with you. but only turning foul rexites into catnip. and chiasour11? dude, your totally wrong, look.

Spell Dog backwards.

Spell dog backwards to get God. therefore, the opposite of dog, CAT, is god.

Ravens_cry
2008-11-03, 05:17 PM
I, however, have a cat.

I know the evil in their foul, foul souls.

And it won't even have the courtesy to die!
Cats CAN be evil, but they also can be Good.
Hence the duality that does confuse our primitive simian minds so.
All Hail The Glory That Is Cat!

chiasaur11
2008-11-03, 05:40 PM
Hey, Dracula backwards is Alucard.

Both are vampires. SOMETIMES both are the same person.

Therefore, dogs aren't necessarily the same as gods, but both share common traits such as insane power over mortals. (Note: Only applies to REX, THE WONDERDOG!)

Forgotton
2008-11-03, 05:41 PM
Do you not all see it.. all of you are too active..
you are all acting like dogs is that what snuggles or any of the cat gods want?
No because all the cats share 1 and ONLY 1 trait.
LAZY.
Snuggles does not kill everything.. not to bless.. but because he's too lazy too.
Good cat.. did nothing but walk with litter. and stop first did not drive all apart. but Snuggles was just too Lazy to step over or around so stayed where they were.
and all of you and I do mean ALL OF YOU. exert too much effort.. and your gods are not happy.. keep it up and you may spur them into a pounce on your non-lazy beings!

Pronounceable
2008-11-03, 06:19 PM
Do you not all see it.. all of you are too active..
you are all acting like dogs is that what snuggles or any of the cat gods want?
No because all the cats share 1 and ONLY 1 trait.
LAZY.
Snuggles does not kill everything.. not to bless.. but because he's too lazy too.
Good cat.. did nothing but walk with litter. and stop first did not drive all apart. but Snuggles was just too Lazy to step over or around so stayed where they were.
and all of you and I do mean ALL OF YOU. exert too much effort.. and your gods are not happy.. keep it up and you may spur them into a pounce on your non-lazy beings!

WORSHIP HIM NOW, FOR TOMORROW YOU MAY BE CATNIP!

Ravens_cry
2008-11-03, 09:52 PM
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4497/goodcatwv7.gif (http://imageshack.us)
Worship Her, So Thou Doesn't Become A Stray.

Ascension
2008-11-03, 10:16 PM
Realize the futility of life, and embrace IT.

Asbestos
2008-11-03, 11:17 PM

Rex saves.

Sereg
2008-11-03, 11:24 PM
CATS may seem lazy, but this is due to the fact that their awesomeness does not require action. Good Cat shall save with her mere presence. Couggles is worthy of attention, as He is part of the greatness of CAT yet it is Good Cat whom is worthy of being served.

chiasaur11
2008-11-03, 11:58 PM
Rex saves.

All others take full damage.

llamamushroom
2008-11-04, 12:49 AM
And so I say unto thee, followers of Cat! Bandy words not with the followers of Rex or his Canine Companions, for did not Ribston, following her discourse with the foul pomeranian Duchess, declare unto the world - "Next time I decide to have a party - I will invite Cousin Tabitha Twitchit!"

chiasaur11
2008-11-04, 12:50 AM
And so I say unto thee, followers of Cat! Bandy words not with the followers of Rex or his Canine Companions, for did not Ribston, following her discourse with the foul pomeranian Duchess, declare unto the world - "Next time I have a party - I will invite Cousin Tabitha Twitchit!"

You're just mad you don't have good counterarguments.

Ravens_cry
2008-11-04, 02:14 AM
The Total God Being known as Cat, the combining of Good Cat, Couggles, Cuddles, and all the rest of the Pantheon in One Form and Spirit, triumphs over the mere dog, proving once and for all the Superiority and Holiness of Cat.
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/163/catdogfighthu9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

mizzim
2008-11-04, 10:27 AM
http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/163/catdogfighthu9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)[/spoiler]

Awesome.
for this, ravens cry and I agree.

Ravens_cry
2008-11-04, 04:05 PM
Awesome.
for this, ravens cry and I agree.
"All Things Are Possible With Cat."
Prrrverbs 5:12
We put our differances aside to fight the common Foe.
Where be your Dog now, foul Rexites?

chiasaur11
2008-11-04, 04:10 PM
"All Things Are Possible With Cat."
Prrrverbs 5:12
We put our differances aside to fight the common Foe.
Where be your Dog now, foul Rexites?

Look more closely at the picture. That cat isn't confident. It's terrified.
It knows it only has a moment or so before its face is pounded in.

Ravens_cry
2008-11-04, 04:27 PM
Look more closely at the picture. That cat isn't confident. It's terrified.
It knows it only has a moment or so before its face is pounded in.
The terror is the Good Cat aspect, terrified it may destroy such a poor defenseless creature as a dog.:smalltongue:

Asbestos
2008-11-04, 04:49 PM
http://michaelmay.us/07blog/images/1002_rexwonderdog.jpg

Ravens_cry
2008-11-04, 04:54 PM
http://michaelmay.us/07blog/images/1002_rexwonderdog.jpg

That's not a photo. It is merely the aspirations of dog kind. Wishful thinking. After all, people can't fly without technalogical aid, yet I could show dozens of drawings from that medium of people doing so. I wouldn't show that as proof that people can fly though.
Cat Is Still Supreme!

chiasaur11
2008-11-04, 05:19 PM
That's not a photo. It is merely the aspirations of dog kind. Wishful thinking. After all, people can't fly without technalogical aid, yet I could show dozens of drawings from that medium of people doing so. I wouldn't show that as proof that people can fly though.
Cat Is Still Supreme!

Denial.

You'll be going through anger soon. It's okay to admit it.

Ravens_cry
2008-11-04, 05:27 PM
Denial.

You'll be going through anger soon. It's okay to admit it.
Do you deny that your 'evidence' is nothing more then a line drawing of a dog swinging a vine kicking a cougar?

Asbestos
2008-11-04, 05:59 PM
The Children of Rex shall deal with this infestation of evil cats.

http://www.linein.org/blog/wp-content/gallery/cats/dog_eating_cat.jpg

Anonymous Man
2008-11-04, 07:35 PM
That dog isn't biting the cat, its licking it. after all, dogs are pets of men, and men are pets of the ultimate lifeform, cats. therefore, dogs are the extended pets of cats.

Waspinator
2008-11-04, 09:16 PM
The D&D scorecard:
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1561/scorezn0.png

chiasaur11
2008-11-04, 09:39 PM
Note WONDERDOG is 0 points.

It's too easy to kill PCs with.

Anonymous Man
2008-11-07, 08:12 AM
actually, WONDERDOG would go in the character column.

mizzim
2008-11-07, 11:09 AM
The D&D scorecard:
http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/1561/scorezn0.png

put wonderdog, GOING to be crushed by a planet.

Eldariel
2008-11-07, 11:38 AM
I'm too lazy to read the whole 12 pages of insanity. Could somebody please abbreviate the key "WTF" of this thread into one sentence?

Ravens_cry
2008-11-07, 05:22 PM
I'm too lazy to read the whole 12 pages of insanity. Could somebody please abbreviate the key "WTF" of this thread into one sentence?
The Rise of The Cat Gods.

chiasaur11
2008-11-07, 05:29 PM
The Rise of The Cat Gods.

And their subsequent smiting by REX, THE WONDERDOG!

Ravens_cry
2008-11-07, 05:36 PM
And their subsequent smiting by REX, THE WONDERDOG!
And Rex's Ultimate Destruction At The Hands of the Uber-Kitty, Cat.
Rex Serves Man, Man Serves Cat, Rex Serves Cat, Though he Knowest It Not.

kopout
2008-11-07, 07:51 PM
You have spawned a God
congrats

Holly good cat ! This has gotten out of control twelve pages!

Edit I have read the whole thing and i conclude

May the pantheon as shown by shadow elf live for ever

Pronounceable
2008-11-07, 08:01 PM

You are naught but catnip before the Cat God.

kopout
2008-11-07, 08:05 PM

The snugels mythology, as told by H.P. snugcraft

It began long ago, more than a month now, with a simple question. Little did Brc know that in responding with a wise crack he set the ball roiling and and domed us all. First their was Snugels the house cat but he was not content to remain so. he began to gain magical weapons and skills, he grew to epic level and beyond, and he became Snugels the cat god!

At first he was a chaotic neutral deity but he was corrupted by his followers into an evil god. In desperation the good people of the playground created rex the wounder dog but this was in vain. even the strongest champions could not defeat snugels and so the rain of terror continued .

The universe has a way of balincing out and in response to the awesome evil of Snugels a new god was created. Good cat. And Good cat saw that she could not appose this force alone and thus created the cat pantheon to bring into balance the forces of Snugels.

But low, the zealots of Snugels rebelled under this rule and formed their own sect. And as the playgrounders observed the pantheon they began to believe in a primordial cat god that preceded all others and Primordial cat was created.

And so it came to pass that Rex and his few followers opposed the evil of Snugel's zealots and, seeing the cat pantheon as aiding him, that as well.

chiasaur11
2008-11-07, 08:25 PM
And Rex's Ultimate Destruction At The Hands of the Uber-Kitty, Cat.
Rex Serves Man, Man Serves Cat, Rex Serves Cat, Though he Knowest It Not.

And Cat is killed by Rex.

It's the circle of life.

mizzim
2008-11-07, 08:36 PM
someone make a guide that has the panthenon, the smitten sheet, and the DnD sheets for the gods.

Coke_Can64
2008-11-08, 08:00 AM
Omigosh, I've read and realised the power of CAT.

Roll 3d4 SAN damage.

*Roll*

... A 13? How the he-

CAT GODS FTHAGN! CAT GODS FTHAGN!
*Turns insane at the sheer power that the cats eminate, runs out into the street preaching to others*

mizzim
2008-11-09, 10:14 AM
... so do we get him on the scorecard?

Athaniar
2008-11-09, 02:55 PM
The One Truth is that dogs are mortal fools and slaves! You heathen cultists of the Pets of Pets, you are vastly outnumbered! The Cat Crusade will defile your temples, destroy your relics, and deface your idols! For such is the bidding of the cats! You cannot possible hope to stand against the Feline Masters! What can your stupid opposites-of-gods do, actually? Bark? Play dead? We will have none more of this rebellious nonsense! Cry havoc and let slip the cats of war, as the original saying goes.

-Xavius, Paladin of the Cat-Gods

(Also, this is without doubt the most awesome thread derailment ever.)

chiasaur11
2008-11-09, 02:59 PM
The One Truth is that dogs are mortal fools and slaves! You heathen cultists of the Pets of Pets, you are vastly outnumbered! The Cat Crusade will defile your temples, destroy your relics, and deface your idols! For such is the bidding of the cats! You cannot possible hope to stand against the Feline Masters! What can your stupid opposites-of-gods do, actually? Bark? Play dead? We will have none more of this rebellious nonsense! Cry havoc and let slip the cats of war, as the original saying goes.

-Xavius, Paladin of the Cat-Gods

The fewer the men, the greater the share of the glory!

kopout
2008-11-09, 04:08 PM
yes, and I for one am proud to have gotten in on the 3rd page

chiasaur11
2008-11-09, 04:20 PM
2nd page, and happy to be here.

Pronounceable
2008-11-09, 07:39 PM
Would a petition to stickify this thread be pushing it too much? After having reread all of it from the start, it's easy to see this deserves to be preserved somehow.

EDIT: And in case anyone forgot:
CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!

kopout
2008-11-09, 08:41 PM
Would a petition to stickify this thread be pushing it too much? After having reread all of it from the start, it's easy to see this deserves to be preserved somehow.

EDIT: And in case anyone forgot:
CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!
It might be but... we should try anyway

Oracle_Hunter
2008-11-09, 11:19 PM
Nah, this isn't really sticky-worthy.

Now, if you want to "preserve" it, just add a link in your sig and know that this thread will be automatically archived for... well, I don't know exactly how long these things are archived, but at least a a year.

mizzim
2008-11-10, 09:00 PM
... stickify?

Oracle_Hunter
2008-11-10, 09:30 PM
... stickify?

To "sticky" to the first page of the D20 Board, like the "Character Builder Thread"

Ravens_cry
2008-11-10, 11:02 PM
To "sticky" to the first page of the D20 Board, like the "Character Builder Thread"
Such an act of benediction would greatly please the Cat Gods, and Cat, who is their totality of being, of which all things are but hairballs and shedding.
Good Cat's blessing on they that suggesteth this.

Ascension
2008-11-10, 11:05 PM
Such an act of benidiction would please the Cat Gods, and Cat, who is their totality of being, of which all things are but hairballs and shedding.

It would also display an understanding of the immaterial nature of the "real world" and the reality that nothing exists other than the madness-inducing form of the Primordial Elder Cat.

Ravens_cry
2008-11-10, 11:29 PM
It would also display an understanding of the immaterial nature of the "real world" and the reality that nothing exists other than the madness-inducing form of the Primordial Elder Cat.
In this we are in agreement. For I, but understand the thinest sliver of Cats claws, the tip of it's whisker, the smallest tuft of it's fur. Any more and my primitive human psyche would surely break asunder.

xPANCAKEx
2008-11-11, 12:40 AM
the more cat god talk and references to the holy Snuggles (cftcg! yftyt!) on this board the better

Ravens_cry
2008-11-11, 01:13 AM
the more cat god talk and references to the holy Snuggles (cftcg! yftyt!) on this board the better

Praise Be To Good Cat And Snuggles And All The Cat Gods!
Praise Be Unto Cat!

Anonymous Man
2008-11-11, 07:40 AM
Praise Be To Good Cat And Snuggles And All The Cat Gods!
Praise Be Unto Cat!

RIGHT! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GODS!

xPANCAKEx
2008-11-11, 08:28 AM
heresy

your deaths will be slow and excrutiating

Mephit
2008-11-11, 09:11 AM
The Cat is a Lie.

For see, Galileo Galilabrador (see pic) has proven that the Earth is round!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/Shandira/naamloos-3.jpg
Galileo Galilabrador

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0501/earth_apollo17.jpg
The Earth is round!

mizzim
2008-11-11, 10:52 AM
Stickify!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xPANCAKEx
2008-11-11, 11:18 AM
we just need to kidna..... ummm..... 'induct' a mod into the cat cult and the right way of thinking and power will be secured

mizzim
2008-11-11, 11:22 AM
mod nominations? anyone?

Ravens_cry
2008-11-11, 05:46 PM
The Cat is a Lie.

For see, Galileo Galilabrador (see pic) has proven that the Earth is round!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/Shandira/naamloos-3.jpg
Galileo Galilabrador

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0501/earth_apollo17.jpg
The Earth is round!
Actuly, that painting is proof that Galilao worshiped Cat, as the dog mask he is wearing looks like it was ripped from a dogs face.
All Who Appose Cat Shalt Flee As Mices

Asbestos
2008-11-11, 08:27 PM
All Who Appose Cat Shalt Flee As Mices

Cat... is tasty.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/yamahab/internet/Dog_eat_cat.jpg

chiasaur11
2008-11-11, 09:06 PM
Cat... is tasty.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/yamahab/internet/Dog_eat_cat.jpg

I disagree.

They taste of the evil they embody. They just are easy to eat.

Ravens_cry
2008-11-11, 09:39 PM
I disagree.

They taste of the evil they embody. They just are easy to eat.
What your tasting, is guilt.

Pronounceable
2008-11-11, 10:01 PM
What your tasting, is guilt your impending doom.

QFT.

Actuly, that painting is proof that Galilao worshiped Cat, as the dog mask he is wearing looks like it was ripped from a dogs face.

I see you're slowly slipping into the right side. It was inevitable, really. Seeing as this catnip person is right:

The Cat is a Lie.

It was only a matter of time until you realized the only truth is our dread lord Snuggles.

EDIT, of course: CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

xPANCAKEx
2008-11-11, 10:14 PM
i've had a revelation

the rest of the cat pantheon exists... but only to act as reference to just how awesome snuggles (cftcg! yftyt!) really is. Its all well and good being incredible... but unless we mere mortals have something to compare him with, we would never full appreciate just how far his brilliance stretches. He allows the other cat gods to exist at his own leisure...

such is the genious of snuggles (cftcg! yftyt!)

for yay, he is greatness. accept him and your death shall be swift and merciful when your time comes

chiasaur11
2008-11-11, 11:30 PM
What your tasting, is guilt.

No. It's cat. I thought we were clear on this.

Sereg
2008-11-12, 11:07 PM
All hail Cat, Catnip for the Cat Gods, Yarn for the Yarn thrones, Milk for the milk bowls. Blessings from Good Cat shall fall on any Moderator that decides to stickify this.

ColonelFuster
2008-11-14, 09:29 PM
Darn cat-god thingummies are always trying to steal my original recipe fried chicken. They're obviously after some kind of powerful, evil, chicken-based artifact... I can't say that this will end well.

Wasn't there something about chickens in Meowmix chapter 18?
Hmm....

Pronounceable
2008-11-15, 10:14 AM
Our lord has no need to bother with any artifact (avian or otherwise) to impose his will upon the universe.

As is required; CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD!! CAAAATNIIP FOOR THE CAAAAT GOOOOOOOD!!!

chiasaur11
2008-11-15, 01:50 PM
Our lord has no need to bother with any artifact (avian or otherwise) to impose his will upon the universe.

As is required; CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD!! CAAAATNIIP FOOR THE CAAAAT GOOOOOOOD!!!

Harriers for the cup!

*BLAM*

lord of pixies
2008-11-15, 02:42 PM
all hail the snuggles, may his fur stay clean and his naps always be in that warm spot were the sun shines!!!

all hail the cat god!!!

Ravens_cry
2008-11-15, 02:48 PM
all hail the cat god, may his fur stay clean and his naps always be in that warm spot were the sun shines!!!

all hail the cat god!!!

All Hail Good Cat, Who Makest Our Fur Clean, And Trounces Rex In The Dark Hours When he Dost Come Against Us.
All Hail The Cat Gods!
All Hail Cat!

potatocubed
2008-11-15, 06:43 PM
My normal font seems somewhat inadequate. =/

Forealms
2008-11-15, 08:29 PM
Are there any recent updates to the stats and powers of He-Who-Is-King, the dreaded Snuggles, unholy blessings upon his name? It seems his powers of disintegration and other unholy powers (See: Dept. of Redundancy Dept.) are forgotten too often, giving non-believers the false hope they so futilely seek.

chiasaur11
2008-11-15, 08:41 PM
Are there any recent updates to the stats and powers of He-Who-Is-King, the dreaded Snuggles, unholy blessings upon his name? It seems his powers of disintegration and other unholy powers (See: Dept. of Redundancy Dept.) are forgotten too often, giving non-believers the false hope they so futilely seek.

Yes. There is a recent Snuggles stat update.

HP=-10.

That one's courtesy of REX, THE WONDERDOG.

streakster
2008-11-15, 08:50 PM
Yes. There is a recent Snuggles stat update.

HP=-10.

That one's courtesy of REX, THE WONDERDOG.

Friends. Friends.

I too know how awesome is the power of Rex the Wonderdog. But nothing can match the power of Snuggles. What is the only logical conclusion left?

ALL HAIL REX THE WONDERDOG, HERALD OF SNUGGLES!

Pronounceable
2008-11-15, 08:57 PM
ALL HAIL REX THE WONDERDOG, HERALD CHEWTOY OF SNUGGLES!

Fixed it for ya.

Ravens_cry
2008-11-15, 09:26 PM
Rex got Fixed by Cat.
As It Was Meant To Be, So Shall It Be, Once, Now, and Forever More.

Obscurejones
2008-11-17, 07:09 PM
Meh, I see your cat and am not afraid.

Fawsto
2008-11-17, 08:03 PM
All Hail Snuggles, lord of madness and conqueror of worlds!

Where is the damn OP?

Flickerdart
2008-11-17, 08:29 PM
All Hail Snuggles, lord of madness and conqueror of worlds!

Where is the damn OP?
Snuggles ate him. All hail!

Raiser Blade
2008-11-17, 08:55 PM
What the hell? 14 pages of derail and counting...

OP?

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-11-17, 08:57 PM
Meh, I see your cat and am not afraid.Oh, you will be. You will be.

Seatbelt
2008-11-17, 08:58 PM
Funnily enough, I almost killed the entire 7 person party during our very first session, using cats, and catfolk.

Sereg
2008-11-17, 10:25 PM
I don't see a racial pantheon for catfolk in Races of the Wild. I guess we now know what it is. Catnip for the Cat gods and blessings from Good Cat.

Ravens_cry
2008-11-18, 04:20 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2008/02/funny-pictures-cat-punches-dog.jpg
Good Cat Cannot be Defeated By A Mere dog.

Pronounceable
2008-11-18, 07:17 AM

...because you think He hasn't seen you... (which will be your doom)

Edit, for CATNIP: CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD!!! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!!!!

Obscurejones
2008-11-18, 10:35 AM
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of cat I fear no evil for dog is with me.

Sereg
2008-11-18, 10:59 AM
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of cat I fear no evil for dog is with me.

Cat casteth no shadow, Cat casteth purified awesomeness before which no dog can stand. - Letter to the Clawed Minions.

Mercenary Pen
2008-11-18, 12:42 PM
Haven't read the entire thread, but all 3.5e incarnations of snuggles will need these abilities:

Aura of feline superiority: Radius- 10 light years. Enemies in the aura lose all regeneration effects (no save) as well as any effects that would prevent them from dying. If a Kobold acquires this ability, all other abilities that Kobold has are negated (including anything gained by use of manipulate form- including raw stat increases) and that kobold- and its player- die horrible deaths.

Mortal enemy of feline-kindAll Kobolds take 20d10 negative levels when entering snuggles' Aura as described above (no save).

chiasaur11
2008-11-18, 01:57 PM
Haven't read the entire thread, but all 3.5e incarnations of snuggles will need these abilities:

Aura of feline superiority: Radius- 10 light years. Enemies in the aura lose all regeneration effects (no save) as well as any effects that would prevent them from dying.

Mortal enemy of feline-kindAll Kobolds take 20d10 negative levels when entering snuggles' Aura as described above (no save).

Wait.

You're trying to beat Pun-Pun...

with rules.

Rules are what make him so omnipotent! He has total invulnerability to any harmful ability (including that aura) as one of his basic abilities!

Seriously. You don't want to try to win with rules lawyering. Or rules legal abilities. The only workable method is "Nuh-Uh!" "Yeah-Huh" type schoolyard bickering. Sheesh. An official ability, totally gainable with manipulate form, makes that thing point blank not work.

I mean, I'm not saying nothing can beat big P, (Heck, I'm not even saying nothing can beat REX, THE WONDERDOG, even if Snuggles never could dream of doing it) but, really, rules don't work here.

Obscurejones
2008-11-18, 02:04 PM
Cat casteth no shadow, Cat casteth purified awesomeness before which no dog can stand. - Letter to the Clawed Minions.

From the gnostic gospels of That Which is Dog. "And so the Cat was cast from the light never again to bask in the sunbeam or to cast shadow; but to slink like the scum that is it's nature." Terrier, Chapter 2 Verse 7-8

Anonymous Man
2008-11-18, 04:41 PM
From the gnostic gospels of That Which is Dog. "And so the Cat was cast from the light never again to bask in the sunbeam or to cast shadow; but to slink like the scum that is it's nature." Terrier, Chapter 2 Verse 7-8

But the Cat defied dog, for dog was the pet of Cat's pet, and Cat lay in the light, and lo, Cat's belly was warm.-- From the Revised (CAT-dominated) Terrier, Chapter 2 7-8

Ravens_cry
2008-11-18, 06:58 PM
No, but your dog will.
"As This Cat Do Unto This dog, So Shalt Snuggles Do Unto rex. For Snuggles Shalt Verily Makest him His Bitch."
The Illustrated Snugglenomicon 6:66
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1851/32531627cathumpingdogxl2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
May Good Cat Have Mercy On Your dog, Snuggles Will Not.

chiasaur11
2008-11-18, 10:25 PM
No, but your dog will.
"As This Cat Do Unto This dog, So Shalt Snuggles Do Unto rex. For Snuggles Shalt Verily Makest him His Bitch."
The Illustrated Snugglenomicon 6:66
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1851/32531627cathumpingdogxl2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Wow. A dachshund. The king of dogs there.

A good German Shepard or Husky would kill the cat in minutes if it came to that.

Rex wouldn't. He would, instead, prevent the cat from ever having existed.

Remember Fluffy, who used to have Snuggle's job?

I thought not.

Ravens_cry
2008-11-18, 10:35 PM
Wow. A dachshund. The king of dogs there.

A good German Shepard or Husky would kill the cat in minutes if it came to that.

Rex wouldn't. He would, instead, prevent the cat from ever having existed.

I thought not.
Fluffy was but the name men gave Snuggles in the before time. In fact, neither have ever truly existed. They are but aspects of the infinite wonder, majesty, terror, love, and awe, that is Cat. Humans cannot truly comprehending Its glory, so they break It into chunks they can swallow. Some others turn to false beings, such as Rex, for their comfort. I say, let them have their time, it will end shortly enough.

Milk and Catnip For Cat,
Yarn For The Yarn Throne!

Obscurejones
2008-11-19, 12:21 AM
Though I am loathe to stoop to question the paltry worshipers of that most false being that is Cat; I have one small offering of peace.

Can we all agree that Fish and Bird serve no purpose beyond that of consumption?

Also All Hail Dog for It is Glorious, Most High, Really Neato, etc.

chiasaur11
2008-11-19, 12:24 PM
Fluffy was but the name men gave Snuggles in the before time. In fact, neither have ever truly existed.

And we see your problem.

Neither has ever existed...

Because Rex didn't want them to.

Also: Yes. Fish are primarily for eating. Except in Finding Nemo.
Birds, however, also can be used to deface statues and provide amusing mob parodies on Animaniacs.

Pronounceable
2008-11-19, 01:11 PM
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of cat, I fear no evil for dog is with me.
(original quote, purged from later alterations)

And never shall be, for no canine can bear to be under the shadow our dread lord Snuggles, as everything else.

Since the so called "Good Cat" is but an aspect of our lord Snuggles that the spineless delude themselves with, odds for THAT isn't high.

You claim there was a precursor to our lord and master? Your delusions are getting worse by the post, o foul Rexite. But even if there WAS such a creature at some point in time (the very idea is laughable), it'd have been Snuggles who erased it out of existance. Not some leg humping false idol...

Though I am loathe to stoop to question the paltry worshipers of that most false being that is Cat; I have one small offering of peace.

Can we all agree that Fish and Bird serve no purpose beyond that of consumption?

Though I loath to stoop to the level of a deluded worshipper of some glorified leg humper, I shall deign to lighten the weight your ignorance which is surely crushing you even as I type.

Fish and bird are creatures of good taste, unlike the pathetic dog (which is only fit for being ground into cat sand). They shall be eaten first when the day comes, while your ilk and your false idols shall suffer long at the tender care of our lord and master, the agony of which shall only be surpassed by the pain of the deluded believers of a "Good Cat".

Obligatory EDIT: CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD!! DOG SKULLS FOR THE LITTER BOX!!!

kopout
2008-11-23, 04:18 PM
cat bump!:smalltongue:

xPANCAKEx
2008-11-23, 04:43 PM
birds and fish serve TWO purposes.... a meal and show

the latter usually comes right before the former

Asbestos
2008-11-23, 05:59 PM

Also All Hail Dog for It is Glorious, Most High, Really Neato, etc.

You forgot about the small members of the orders rodentia and insectivora.

And yes, they are playthings prior to food.

Where does Yeenoghu fit in here? Surely the hyena is the eternal enemy of the mighty lion, and by extension all cats, but even the most foul of Rex's children would not side with such an evil.

Pronounceable
2008-11-23, 11:48 PM
Where does Yeenoghu fit in here?

In the food bowl, the little space between Cthulhu and Optimus Prime.

chiasaur11
2008-11-23, 11:59 PM
In the food bowl, the little space between Cthulhu and Optimus Prime.

Wait.

Prime is food bowl sized?

I think there's a guy who might prove an irritation...

Athaniar
2008-11-25, 06:53 AM
Where does Yeenoghu fit in here? Surely the hyena is the eternal enemy of the mighty lion, and by extension all cats, but even the most foul of Rex's children would not side with such an evil.

Thou must remember that hyenas are, in fact, more cat than dog. I suggest they are betrayers of catkind who have taken canine form to please their foul overlord (Rex).

Also, I have gathered information that the so-called "Rex" actually is an illusion, created by the elder god Alextoth! That is right, caninists, your deity is a figment of chaotic imagination! You might as well surrender.

-Highlord Xavius, the Catyr

Sereg
2008-11-25, 09:45 AM
Thou must remember that hyenas are, in fact, more cat than dog. I suggest they are betrayers of catkind who have taken canine form to please their foul overlord (Rex).

Absolutely

'And lo, Cuddles didst step forward from amongst the other CatGods before all of feline kind and didst say, "One of you shalt betray us! He shalt be smitten so that it wouldst be better hadst he never been born!" and Yeenoghu Lord of hyenas didst slink away to his master Rex whom granted him a canine form. Yet Good Cat didst say to Cuddles "It is better to have mercy to the pitiful canines as they be the pets of our pets." and Cuddles was swayed by her argument yet Snuggles plotted to disintegrate all of canine kind for daring to humiliate Cat kind-The Book of Jaw chapter 16

EmperorSarda
2008-11-26, 12:34 AM
There is only Snuggles, any indication that the good cat exists is Snuggles cheating at "society" and making us, the playthings of Snuggles, believe there is a chance.

For that is the lesson that Shojo, the harbringer of CAT and awesome bestowed upon the assigned vessel that is Belkar.

All Hail Snuggles!

chiasaur11
2008-11-26, 01:29 AM

Also, I have gathered information that the so-called "Rex" actually is an illusion, created by the elder god Alextoth! That is right, caninists, your deity is a figment of chaotic imagination! You might as well surrender.

-Highlord Xavius, the Catyr

All good Friends of Rex know of Toth. He was as able as any mortal could be expected of conveying the awesome of man's best friend. But he was a mere purveyor of truth, not a creator.

Besides, Kanigher did the writing. And we don't insult Robert Kanigher. Man created Frank Rock, baddest man in comics. And he killed about half of Wonder Woman's supporting cast in one move, and no-one raised a finger to stop him. And he fought alongside the Creature Commandos in WWII. Even without the aid of Rex, I have no doubt he could destroy Snuggles.

BobVosh
2008-11-26, 01:50 AM
You are MAD! MAD I TELL YOU!

There is no cat pantheon, no worthless "dog god." There can only be one allmighty animal, and that is the Hypnotoad!

All glory to the hypnotoad
http://hypnotoad.raiderware.net/hypnotoad.jpg
(http://hypnotoad.raiderware.net/)

chiasaur11
2008-11-26, 01:54 AM
You are MAD! MAD I TELL YOU!

There is no cat pantheon, no worthless "dog god." There can only be one allmighty animal, and that is the Hypnotoad!

http://hypnotoad.raiderware.net/hypnotoad.jpg
(http://hypnotoad.raiderware.net/)

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm a Red Blooded fan of the Hypnotoad too.

I me, who doesn't hail the Hypnotoad?

It's just we need something to do until his show gets back to its usual standards.

Anonymous Man
2008-11-26, 07:45 AM

Uh...Everyone?

mizzim
2008-11-26, 11:19 AM

Uh, DUH, like, EVERYBODY,

AKA_Bait
2008-11-26, 11:31 AM
::checks back into the thread out of morbid curiosity, reminds himself never to name a random cat NPC in a discussion on these boards again, walks off::

EmperorSarda
2008-11-26, 12:05 PM
::checks back into the thread out of morbid curiosity, reminds himself never to name a random cat NPC in a discussion on these boards again, walks off::

Repent of your evil ways and embrace all that is Snuggles!

Ravens_cry
2008-11-26, 12:18 PM

Embrace The Love of Good Cat, And You Too May Be Spared The Wrath of Snugggles In The Day Of Judgement.

Glory Unto Good Cat, Who Loveth Her Kittens! ! !

Pronounceable
2008-11-26, 02:02 PM

Try as you might, you are one of us.

ONE OF US!!! ONE OF US!!! ONE OF US!!! ONE OF US!!!

Also; CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD!! CAAATNIIIP FOR THE CAAAAT GOOOOOD!!!!!

Ravens_cry
2008-11-26, 03:14 PM
Glory Unto Cat,
Before Whom All dogs Are As Swatted Things.
Glory Unto Cat,
From Whom All Things Are,
That Be,
Have Been,
And Will Ever Be,
Flow As Milk And Cream
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2166/catdogswatgm7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

kopout
2008-11-26, 04:55 PM

Fool! There is no escaping it, embrace the cat gods or be distroyed by Hypnotoad !

Ravens_cry
2008-11-26, 05:21 PM
Fool! There is no escaping it, embrace the cat gods or be distroyed by Hypnotoad !
The Hypnotoad Be But The Amphibious Form The Member Of The Cat God Pantheon. . . Hypnocat!

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2079/hypnocatzo9.gif (http://imageshack.us)

EmperorSarda
2008-11-26, 05:37 PM
The Hypnotoad Be But The Amphibious Form The Member Of The Cat God Pantheon. . . Hypnocat!

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2079/hypnocatzo9.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Hypnocat! No one can resist the stare of the Hypnocat! We are all doomed!

Pronounceable
2008-11-26, 05:39 PM

Do you realize that this "cat pantheon" of yours is getting sillier by the post? You feeble heretics are getting more desperate in your pathetic attempts to reject the terrible reality of our dread lord...

EDIT as is required: CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!

Ravens_cry
2008-11-26, 06:15 PM
Do you realize that this "cat pantheon" of yours is getting sillier by the post? You feeble heretics are getting more desperate in your pathetic attempts to reject the terrible reality of our dread lord...

EDIT as is required: CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!
I do not reject the reality of Snuggles, for He is grim and terrible indeed, a slayer of mouses, commoners and all of the above.
But, in Cat the Cat God, Just as there is the great Evil that is known to mortals as Snuggles, there is also the Affection and Love, not of slave and master, as the foul rexities adhire to, nor of master and slave, as that which is believed by the heretical hypnotoadians but of equals, friend to friend, that is Good Cat.
I pity you that you can not see this Truth.

Pronounceable
2008-11-27, 02:18 PM
You wretches are blinded by your fear of inescapable destruction that you're willing to embrace the very evil masquerading as a savior, even as you feebly seek to hide from it.

I'd pity YOU for the horrible moment of inescapable truth you are going to have in which your misguided faith in some "Good Cat" will be shattered utterly when our dread lord gets bored with the facade, revealing its glorious and terrible form to heretics such as you; but I won't. Mainly because it's the will of our lord and master, but also because I find mirth in knowing there shall be those who'll be worse off than me when Snuggles walks the earth.

EDIT, as is proper: CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!

Sereg
2008-11-27, 10:58 PM
"Those who turn their back on the light of Good Cat shall see only the darkness of Snuggles"-The Letter to the People of She Purrs 12:19

Infernal Undead
2008-12-01, 02:25 AM
As a researcher into the theological and scientific and paranormal nature of the omniverse I find the statements about Snuggles the overgod cat to be unlikely or at least innacurate.

First there is the issue of the stats for Snuggles. While it is clear that an ancient death cat exists(see below) the stats that have appeared so far are lacking. Surely overgods would not limit themselves to just the core rules.

A mere 60 hit dice the limit for the gods as per the Dieties and Demigods book is a laugh. Surely the demons of the abyss wuld have overthrown pantheons that weak.

The Open Game Liscense provides a much better source, The Immortals Handbook Ascension. Surely this pantheon if the statements are accurate would have at least 999 hit dice for its weakest member. Thus Snuggles do to his nature as the bringer of doom is likely to be at least a High Lord.

::waits::

Ah yes my appologize. I should explain what a High Lord is. Worlds(Worlds in this case meaning universes) are created when the Monads which the books refer to as Time Lords. Worlds are made when timelords have there manifestastions shattered causing the creasion of Elder Ones, Old Ones, and First Ones. Elder Ones being the living embodiments of planar layers(thus the Gaping Maw the domain of Demogorgon is an Elder One), Old Ones being the embodiments of planes(Yes the Abyss is truely a living being), and the First Ones are the embodiments of dimmensions( thus the Outer Planes are a First One).

Then there are the Demiurges. Spirits born from the Time Lords death that devour the One's claiming control of their domains in the process until they become a new Time Lord.

How does this concern Snuggles and the cat pantheon(assuming it is not Snuggles in another form)?

As it has been said in the Bhagavad Gita(which does exist even in this setting since Earth or at least a similar world is cannonical in D&D. An interesting Paradox but that is besides the point),

‘‘The Blessed Lord said: I am the inflamed Time (Death), the destroyer of the worlds. I have come to destroy all these people. Even without you, allthose warriors arrayed in the opposing armies shall be slain.’’ 11:32

This Blessed Lord is believed by the Hindu's to be a being known as Krishna. However this is likely to be a mistake(or Krishna is an aspect of Snuggles) since this passage is self evidently the work of Snuggles. From the underlined we get, "I am Death, the destroyer of worlds. I have come to destroy all. All shall be slain."

If that is not Snuggles than the Platypus is not an abomination and surely you can't say that the platypus is normal.

To get back on point Snuggles is Death. Not the little Death that we mortals believe to be innevitable(which is unlikely in a world where comming back from the dead can be acchieved by anyone with 100,000 to 1,000,000 dollars or 5,000 gp(the exchange rates are rather uncertain) but rather the End of Times the True Death.

A High Lord is a being that grows in power by consuming Time Lords. Surely than Snuggles is likely to be a High Lord. This brings into question the nature of Snuggles.

Many theorise that Snuggles is evil but I find it to be that that label is simply do to human inability to comprehend things. Death is necessary on a global level. Were the lions not to kill the zebra the grass could not live. If the grass could not live the zebra could not live. If the zebra could not live the lions could not live. Every being alive is the death of millions of other beings. Yet we do not call this cycle evil we simply call it nature. Surely such as a cycle would exist on higher levels as well.

According to scientific theories a universe will either be destroyed in a Phoenix like explosion where a new one will be born or it will die a cold and icy death where the darkness known as blackholes will form creating primal matter that would start more worlds. This may not be accurate but the concept exists in this example as well as the creation of worlds from the death of Time Lords.

As another occult researcher said "Life begets death. Death begets life. Chaos is the fuel of creation."

Perhaps than Snuggles destruction is simply a necessary act for the omniverse. As he destroys the worlds new worlds are formed from the deaths. Thus he might devour a time lord but leave the shell to form a new universe. As it has been said by Galactus another likely aspect of Snuggles.

"Who is the greater evil? I the devourer of worlds that have run there course or you who would deny existance to generations of the future?"

Since such a cycle does exist and is necessary for the continuation of life and Snuggles is the death of universes it is unlikely that he would be 'evil'. For he could simply wait and watch as the worlds get driven to stagnattion and begin to rot from deep within unitil the omniverse is no more. Yet instead he brings forth the destruction that would allow for new creation.

Am I calling Snuggles good? Hell no. Niether lawful for that matter. Chaotic Neutral or true neutral would be the most likely however there is another possiblity.

These are many abilities in the tomb known as Immortals Handbook Ascension that I believe Snuggles is likely to have. And the other cats too unless the Snugglites are correct in the theory that they are all Snuggles

1. The ability to transcend allignment (Which would make Snuggles allignment not evil but rather "Hopefully if its your time to be destroyed its your time and not just several of your bones and an arms time with the rest of your time being a few weeks later")
2. The ability to transverse time and space at its whim
3. Infinite stregnth, dextirity, and constitution.
4. The ability to instantly heal to full health
5. The ability to transcend death completely(except for one being in some cases). In Snuggles case(if he has that drawback) this one being is of course a Snuggles from the past or the future that would absorb his power thus ensuring that Snuggles gains his power so that he can maintain the balance of reality)
6. Knowledge of all magic
7. The ability to create life
8. The ability to erase things from existance
9. The ability to read the Dungeon Masters notes and plans for the adventure.
(The book really has that. Technically no sane DM would allow it but it fits with Snuggles theme.)

Also if there is only Snuggles or only Cat or only Primordial Cat or only something else than this ability would likely also be one that the being would have
10. The ability to create alernate lives. A sort of ability to transfrom from one character to another.

As for the question of Fluffy well. There is believed to be the existance of something called a Supreme Being. Many believe this being to be the Dungeon Master who decrees the fate of all worlds. That fate of course being for them to be in everlasting strife until Snuggles devoures them. However the fact that this DM never acts with out invoking Snuggles power signifies that this positions rank is slightly exagerated and mostly ceremonial. More of an advisor than a ruler.

This Advisor is of course Fluffy who retired from maintaining reality when Snuggles was manifest.

Doesn't this fact prove the Snugglites wrong since its stating that there are other cats? Surely not. Even cats that are not overdieties have the power of paradox. Fluffy could simply be an incarnation that Snuggles sent into the past so that Snuggles could gain full access to the knowledge of future Snuggles'es.

I mean he's a cat if he can be dead and alive at the same time without being undead he can probably be first while being the second.

My theories on Snuggles nature are done. Still there are two issues in this cat versus dog conflict that bothers me. Foxes and wolves.

Foxes exhibit many of the same traits as cats. They are both solitary creatures, they both feast on rodents, fish, and birds, and they both hunt by pouncing. The house cat is better equiped for this but other than its basically canine appearance the fox is basically a slightly weaker version of a cat. So far only one species of foxes serve human the silver fox(although Russia kind of sucks climate wise so we might be able to excuse them for that. We don't have to but we might be able to). Yet other than his species foxes like cats refuse to serve humans.

Yet they are too similar to cats for it simply be a coincidence and they are too unlike dogs to be spies. Their hunting habbits imply that they learned there stratagies from the cats. If the foxes were the enemies why would the cats have either taught them or allowed them to survive long enough to copy their techniques?

As for wolves who bare a sever resemblance to dogs. It must be remembered that dogs were created by humans from the weakest and most worthless of the wolves. A de-evolution of sorts like the transformation of the elves into drow or the angels that became demons for example. Scientists have dicovered that all dogs are descendants of a mere three female wolves.

Now while the idea of wolves not being identical to dogs might be discomforting there are a few things. First off dogs paws are slightly different from those of a wolf (such a change is likely a curse on those fallen wolves), second the wolves like the foxes have been known to use pouncing, their diet also include some similar foods, wolves also refuse to open their eyes at birth just like a kitten does, there are rare but recorded cases of canniblism ammong wolves(perhaps there attempt to keep the flawed members of there kind from attempting to copy the dogs. After all why would an apex predator want to have the shame of being kin so someone that would stoop to such a pitiful state?), they have the same sadism as cats(can kill 21 deer and only eat 2), also unlike dogs they have been known to devour humans in some cases, and wolves howling is based on the moon.

Wolves howl most then the moon is arround and howling is what they use to keep the pack together. Take a look at the moon. What does it resemble? The phases resemble the eye of a cat. If wolves were the same as dogs why would they gather under the symbol of a cats gaze?

So I leave this question to the rest of you. Wolves and foxes are they abominations or simply more servants of the house cats that simply had some weaker members that had to be rooted out?

While I leave the question for the cat worshipers I would like to point out that if wolves and foxes are not abomination that would make the dogs even more pitiful than they already are.

Pronounceable
2008-12-01, 11:44 AM
stuff

Your flawed theories illustrate the inherent inability of mortal mind to comprehend the majesty and horror of our dread lord, even when it's been used at its peak capacity. But you have good points in there, along with a glitter of understanding of Him.

Your efforts are amusing to the dread lord. You are hereby officially granted the title of Catnip Philosopher, sanctioned by the Cult of Snuggles. Benefits include an excruciatingly painful but brief death and subsequent devouring of your soul when the time comes, a life filled with constant dread of our lord and an early retirement.

(Which doesn't bode well for you, for it might attract His attention.)

Infernal Undead
2008-12-02, 02:18 AM
I'm not that concerned actually.Being the descendant of a vacuum elemental and some kind of lich makes figuring out if its even possible to die to be too tricky to figure out.

By the way can you tell him to stop sending these bugs,or at least change the type? It was ok for the first hundred thousand but watching them suffocate is getting kind of boring.

BobVosh
2008-12-03, 03:06 AM
How can you have a vacuum elemental....vacuum isn't even a thing. Unless you mean like a Dirt Devil.

Infernal Undead
2008-12-03, 11:07 PM
Theres an elemental plane of vacuum and while I don't think the elementals appeared in any wotc official book there are conversions to 3.5th edition. Plus the plane still exists and therefore has elementals.

Basically this is one of those question you probably shouldn't ask.

KKL
2008-12-04, 01:07 AM
On a test run of one of my homebrew monsters (Milon of Poison) I managed to stick like, 47 ongoing poison damage onto the Warforged Fighter before he successfully saved against the damage.

With a natural 20.

Pronounceable
2008-12-04, 10:46 AM
On a test run of one of my homebrew monsters (Milon of Poison) I managed to stick like, 47 ongoing poison damage onto the Warforged Fighter before he successfully saved against the damage.

With a natural 20.

You have failed your spot check.

mizzim
2008-12-04, 10:48 AM
You have failed your spot check.

yeah.

FAIL

kopout
2008-12-04, 03:27 PM

With a natural 20.

I mean really, it is almost like you didn't realize this is a treed about Cat and its many manifestations. That should be obvious from the title.:smalltongue: or you know from reading it.

Pronounceable
2008-12-04, 09:10 PM
I mean really, it is almost like you didn't realize this is a treed about Cat and its many manifestations. That should be obvious from the title.:smalltongue: or you know from reading it.

At first I thought he was trolling...

And in case people get further funny ideas:
CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD!!! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!!!!

llamamushroom
2008-12-05, 08:25 AM
I thought it would be appropriate at this time to put up a quote from the 16th post:

super derail while waiting for a response huh?

How right he was.

More on-topic:

Behold, followers of all Greater and Elder Deities that take the form of Household Animals! There will come a time when all shall be made as one with the Ultimate, the Unifying, the Unaligned Cat.

Infernal Undead
2008-12-05, 08:20 PM
I have continued my studdies of this matter and in the process stumbled upon a set of ancient glyphs. It appears to be some kind of character sheet or at least a stat block. I have only translated part of it so far but if the trasnslation is accurate it proves my theory about Snuggle's not actually being evil. Unfortunately its a lot worse. I am sending the notes but sealed them for those who don't want to know.

Alignment - Belkar Bitterleaf

Pronounceable
2008-12-06, 10:31 PM
The pathetic attempts to quantitatively analyze our dread lord is doomed to fail, for it's beyond mortal understanding. But qualitative analysis might lead to some glimmer of understanding.

In this instance, that understanding is also wrong.

Belkar's mentality is as close to the dread lord as is mortally possible, which has prompted blessings upon him by our master (shown by one of the heralds of our master's accompanying of him).

KKL
2008-12-07, 11:57 PM

No clue what you're talking about, as I only read the first post.

llamamushroom
2008-12-08, 12:40 AM

Well, there's your problem. Skip around the thread a little, and cower in fear.

Pronounceable
2008-12-08, 09:46 AM

You expect a thread on the net to be about the stuff in its first post?

Anonymous Man
2008-12-08, 04:53 PM
Actually, I do. But in this case, Snuggles, Cuddles, and the rest of the cat pantheon have taken over the thread.

Infernal Undead
2008-12-08, 09:16 PM
The pathetic attempts to quantitatively analyze our dread lord is doomed to fail, for it's beyond mortal understanding. But qualitative analysis might lead to some glimmer of understanding.

In this instance, that understanding is also wrong.

Belkar's mentality is as close to the dread lord as is mortally possible, which has prompted blessings upon him by our master (shown by one of the heralds of our master's accompanying of him).

As I said it seems to be one of the mystical artifacts known as a character sheet and that is the translation according to the best translation books never written that I could find.

My guess is that an allignment detection spell could result in the summoning of a halfling ranger that would stab out the persons kidneys. Also there are rumors(never found the actual source only posters commenting on it) that the entity known as the Giant declared that Belkar had no back story. The cult of Snuggles has mentioned that Snuggles is supremely evil. There are also entities made of allignment. Therefore I stand by my esitmate that Belkar is in fact Snuggles morality in halfling form. This would also explain why he is destined to die at the end of an in comic year and never return. There is no prophect twist. Belkar will simply wind up being in the back of Snuggles head with the rest of the voices telling the cat to kill things. Which to him would be better than paradise giving him no reason to return. Although this brings up two interesting questions. How did Mr.Scruffy go undetected in a city ruled by paladins and is Shojo actually good like he claims to be, I mean was associationg with cat from this side of the mirrorplanes?

mizzim
2008-12-11, 01:13 PM
As the cat panthenon said (in the old language):

:Kthad ntshoer tservka ghldenr foreshe liyse novr ktridksle d'lohshn likkrnv:

or:

:all shall come to an end by our hands, just as it all begun by our hands:

Obscurejones
2008-12-12, 01:54 AM
Dog > Cat
Cat < Slime
Cat <Anything really.

OneFamiliarFace
2008-12-12, 02:42 AM
Hey! I like cats!

Anonymous Man
2008-12-12, 07:44 AM
Dog > Cat
Cat < Slime
Cat <Anything really.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BobVosh
2008-12-12, 07:45 AM
Die. Why won't this thread die?

chiasaur11
2008-12-12, 05:28 PM
Die. Why won't this thread die?

The power of Rex, The WONDERDOG!

Because, as he is merciful, he leaves those foolish enough to trust snuggles time to repent.

xPANCAKEx
2008-12-13, 01:49 AM
Dog > Cat
Cat < Slime
Cat <Anything really.

snuggles (CFTCG! YFTYT!), eats trolls like you for breakfast

literally

Anonymous Man
2008-12-13, 07:21 AM
Dog is God spelled backwards. therefore, Dog is the opposite of God. The Opposite of God, is The Devil Therefore, the enemy of Dog, Cat, is the enemy of The Devil, who is God. Therefore, Dog=The Devil and Cat=God.

mizzim
2008-12-13, 12:12 PM
Dog is God spelled backwards. therefore, Dog is the opposite of God. The Opposite of God, is The Devil Therefore, the enemy of Dog, Cat, is the enemy of The Devil, who is God. Therefore, Dog=The Devil and Cat=God.

Amen.

CFCG!!!!!!!!!!!!! YFTYT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZeroSpace9000
2008-12-15, 12:49 AM
Cats do not rule us, we rule them! For even the humblest of clergy have the power to defeat the evil of Snuggles, and that power is Create Water! Fear the theurge who has prepared Resilient Sphere and Quickened Create Water, Cat God.

Anonymous Man
2008-12-15, 08:05 AM
BLASPHEMY!!!

Mushroom Ninja
2008-12-15, 08:07 AM
Cats do not rule us, we rule them! For even the humblest of clergy have the power to defeat the evil of Snuggles, and that power is Create Water! Fear the theurge who has prepared Resilient Sphere and Quickened Create Water, Cat God.

CFTCG! YFHYT!

Check his stats non-believer!

Pronounceable
2008-12-15, 12:35 PM
Cats do not rule us, we rule them!

Of course you'd think that...

chiasaur11
2008-12-15, 01:30 PM
BLASPHEMY!!!

Accurate Blasphemy.

It's the worst kind!

Pronounceable
2008-12-16, 08:56 PM
BLASPHEMY!!!

The real blasphemy is that this thread has sunk to third page. Which is going to be remedied by a cameo from a distinguished proxy of our dread lord.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/663/847090wo.jpg
Bow before the might of Schroedinger's Cat!

kopout
2008-12-17, 05:41 PM
The real blasphemy is that this thread has sunk to third page. Which is going to be remedied by a cameo from a distinguished proxy of our dread lord.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/663/847090wo.jpg
Bow before the might of Schroedinger's Cat!

Gahh! The sight, it burnns us!

Roland St. Jude
2008-12-20, 01:03 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Wow, did this thread degenerate into off-topic nonsense. Thread locked.