PDA

View Full Version : First time DMing and already killed a character.

Pages : [1] 2

IM@work
2008-10-06, 01:57 PM
Not much to say besides that. Yesterday was my first time DMing and I killed a party member and brought two others into negatives. Suggestions for next time. (I see this going to ways: a. make it easier, or b. find ways to kill them all next time).

BRC
2008-10-06, 01:59 PM
Insufficient data.
How did said character die, what was the adventure. For all I know your player insisted on taking levels in commoner and tried to do battle with a housecat.

DrizztFan24
2008-10-06, 02:00 PM
If this is CoC i think this is supposed to happen. What setting is this and was the encounter scaled?

AstralFire
2008-10-06, 02:00 PM
We're going to need more details than that. Almost killing a player can be due to player incompetence, luck of the dice (let it happen) or you bringing out something that slaps 'em around more times than not.

Also, I'm of the personal opinion that semi-frequently almost but not quite killing PCs is the sweet spot at which they become constantly convinced they are in danger without you having to actually do too much else or actively trying to make their lives miserable. It's sort of like a carrot on a stick, only the carrot is a trick candle inside of a hollowed out stick of dynamite and it's being held right behind them.

AKA_Bait
2008-10-06, 02:01 PM
Not much to say besides that. Yesterday was my first time DMing and I killed a party member and brought two others into negatives. Suggestions for next time. (I see this going to ways: a. make it easier, or b. find ways to kill them all next time).

Can you give a bit more detail on how/why you ended up killing one PC and dropping 2 more? Also which edition are you playing? There are lots of reasons that this kind of thing can happen and if we all knew a bit more we could be more helpful.

Edit: Oh the ninjas!

Stormageddon
2008-10-06, 02:02 PM
Insufficient data.
How did said character die, what was the adventure. For all I know your player insisted on taking levels in commoner and tried to do battle with a housecat.

I would love to see that fight!

AstralFire
2008-10-06, 02:06 PM
Edit: Oh the ninjas!

We are Legion.

DrizztFan24
2008-10-06, 02:07 PM
Insufficient data.

Or worse, took a levle in wizard and took on a housecat!

Lycan 01
2008-10-06, 02:09 PM
Get better players? :smallconfused:

Nah but really, which game is this? DnD? CoC? If the former, try less enemies or more chances to recover, or just cut them the occassional break. If the latter... you're doing just fine. :smallwink:

KKL
2008-10-06, 02:11 PM

You're still getting acid spit at you for around 1d6 or so damage.

AKA_Bait
2008-10-06, 02:24 PM

Mer? One Magic Missle should drop snuggles.

AstralFire
2008-10-06, 02:25 PM
Mer? One Magic Missle should drop snuggles.

'Snuggles' had one eye replaced with a Shield brooch and the other casts disintegrate at will.

What now?

DrizztFan24
2008-10-06, 02:30 PM
cat gets suprise round

ocato
2008-10-06, 02:34 PM
Safe to say that I'd be surprised if I met a cat with a shield broach who cast disintegrate out of his good eye.

AKA_Bait
2008-10-06, 02:39 PM
'Snuggles' had one eye replaced with a Shield brooch and the other casts disintegrate at will.

What now?

The wizard wets himself and runs from the horribly level inappropriate doomkitty of course.

DrizztFan24
2008-10-06, 02:45 PM
super derail while waiting for a response huh?

AstralFire
2008-10-06, 02:47 PM
Safe to say that I'd be surprised if I met a cat with a shield broach who cast disintegrate out of his good eye.

He also doesn't have a tongue. It was replaced with a Wand of Isaac's Greater Missile Storm.

The wizard wets himself and runs from the horribly level inappropriate doomkitty of course.

Run, Wizard, run. :smallamused:

Stormageddon
2008-10-06, 02:47 PM

What now?

It can't see! Kill it! Kill it!

BRC
2008-10-06, 02:49 PM
It can't see! Kill it! Kill it!
Snuggles dosn't need to see, Snuggles can smell your fear.

AstralFire
2008-10-06, 02:50 PM

And hear your screams for pain after the greater missile storm lands. Assuming you live.

Drascin
2008-10-06, 02:53 PM
I smell a meme in the making. Snuggles the death kitty.

Now, someone will come with a pseudonatural infernal undead shadow who-knows-what-else housecat or something, and we'll have the cuddlier version of the mutated Crab :smalltongue:.

TSGames
2008-10-06, 03:05 PM
So far it sounds like you're doing it mostly right. However, what should have happened, or should happen in the future, is that there should always be one lone survivor of the party who has caused the death of at least one other party member(preferably all of them). I guarantee that if you do this it will make the next session [i]very[/i[ interesting, and players will definitely remember it from a long time to come. Keep up the good work.

Stormageddon
2008-10-06, 03:32 PM

Damn! I knew I should have taken that Darkstalker feat when I had the chance! Damn Snuggles.... Damn you Snuggles!

Fax Celestis
2008-10-06, 03:34 PM
I smell a meme in the making. Snuggles the death kitty.

Now, someone will come with a pseudonatural infernal undead shadow who-knows-what-else housecat or something, and we'll have the cuddlier version of the mutated Crab :smalltongue:.
Snuggles the Death Kitty
Pseudonatural Paragon Cat
Size/Type: Tiny Outsider (Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: ½ d8+19 (28 hp)
Initiative: +15
Speed: 180 ft. (36 squares)
Armor Class: 91 (+2 size, +15 Dex, +12 insight, +12 luck, +40 natural), touch 51, flat-footed 81
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/+28
Attack: Claw +62 melee (1d2+35)
Attack: Tentacle +62 melee (2d8+35)
Full Attack: 2 claws +62 melee (1d2+35) and bite +60 melee (1d3+35)
Full Attack: Tentacle +62 melee (2d8+35)
Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Constant Insight, Improved Grab, Rotting Constriction
Special Qualities: Low-Light Vision, Scent, Spell-like Abilities, Resist (Fire, Cold) 10, Resist (Electricity, Acid) 15, DR 10/epic, SR 40, Fast Healing 20, Epic Strike
Saves: Fort +24, Ref +25, Will +23
Abilities: Str 40, Dex 40, Con 35, Int 18, Wis 37, Cha 22
Skills: Balance +15, Climb +17, Hide +16*, Jump +15, Listen +13, Move Silently +17, Spot +13*
Feats: Stealthy, Weapon Finesse(B), Multiattack (B)
Environment: Temperate plains
Organization: Hopefully alone
Challenge Rating: 31

Snuggles receives a +10 competence bonus on all skill checks, and a +8 racial bonus on Hide checks.

Spell-Like Abilities: At will - blur, dimension door, shield, unhallow (CL 35); 3/day - greater dispel magic, haste, see invisibility (CL 15). DCs are Charisma-based

Constant Insight (Su)
Snuggles is not affected by the miss chance that applies to attacks against a concealed target.

Improved Grab (Ex)
If Snuggles hits an opponent smaller than it with a tentacle, it deals normal damage and attempts to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Rotting Constriction (Ex)
Once Snuggles has hold of an opponent, each successful grapple check he makes during subsequent rounds permanently drains 2d4 points of Constitution. At the same time, Snuggles regains 10 lost hit points.

Alternate Form (Su)
At will, Snuggles can take the form of a grotesque, tentacled mass, but all its abilities remain unchanged despite the alien appearance. Changing shape is a standard action. Other creatures receive a -1 morale penalty on their attack rolls against Snuggles in this alternate form.

AKA_Bait
2008-10-06, 03:38 PM
Somehow Fax, I just knew you'd come through on this one. :smallbiggrin:

You should add the disentigrate at will bit and the brooch of shielding too. Not sure how that'd effect the CR.

wadledo
2008-10-06, 03:54 PM
I'd add Titanic before those two, for extra feats and only 5 lower dex.

Pronounceable
2008-10-06, 04:01 PM
Alignment: CE
You forgot that bit.

I wonder what OP will say when he checks back the thread...

Burley
2008-10-06, 04:10 PM
And hear your screams for pain after the greater missile storm lands. Assuming you live.

You won't live. But, Snuggles is not without mercy. Snuggles wears a collar of True Resurrection.
Snuggles is also not without a sick sense of sadism. He raises you, only to kill you again.

Mr.Bookworm
2008-10-06, 04:14 PM
Okay, next time I run a campaign? I'm upping Snuggles's Int and HD and making him my BBEG. Possibly with a Great Wyrm Red Dragon he uses as a heating pad.

EDIT:

This line made me spit coke out of my nose.

Maybe give Snuggles blindsight?

Nohwl
2008-10-06, 04:14 PM
keep up the good work.

BRC
2008-10-06, 04:17 PM
You forgot that bit.

I wonder what OP will say when he checks back the thread...
This thread is now the domain of Snuggles the Death Kitten!

The Dark Lord demands cream!

Mr.Bookworm
2008-10-06, 04:19 PM
This thread is now the domain of Snuggles the Death Kitten!

The Dark Lord demands cream!

I vote we form the Cult of Snuggles, so that we may give our Lord a Divine Rank.

Vecna will poop his pants.

Talya
2008-10-06, 04:56 PM
You forgot that bit.

Duh. It's a cat.

Ignore the monster manual. All cats are chaotic evil.

chiasaur11
2008-10-06, 05:02 PM
I vote we form the Cult of Snuggles, so that we may give our Lord a Divine Rank.

Vecna will poop his pants.

Heck, The Lady of Pain'll be looking back in fear a good deal.

I can think of only one natural enemy for Snuggles.

REX, THE WONDER DOG!

xPANCAKEx
2008-10-06, 05:29 PM
followers of rex must be crushed and dismembered whereever they are found, foul do-gooders the lot of them!

Random NPC
2008-10-06, 05:38 PM
Heck, The Lady of Pain'll be looking back in fear a good deal.

I can think of only one natural enemy for Snuggles.

REX, THE WONDER DOG!

http://bitacoreando.com/uploads/apple%20evil%20cat.jpg

Suzuro
2008-10-06, 05:43 PM
noooooooooooooooo....REX! Eat Snuggles!

Best. Monster. Ever.

-Suzuro

chiasaur11
2008-10-06, 05:59 PM
followers of rex must be crushed and dismembered whereever they are found, foul do-gooders the lot of them!

And then REX, THE WONDER DOG will probably kill Snuggles with an Atom Bomb. That's just how REX, THE WONDER DOG rolls.

Ah, the silver age.

AstralFire
2008-10-06, 06:14 PM
I have unleashed a horror upon the world.

Zuki
2008-10-06, 06:35 PM
Man, I love this meme. Between That Damn Crab, the Epic Salmon, and Snuggles, that's three examples of sweet glorious ludicrous template-stacking monstrosities.

...what exactly does Snuggles have, anyways?

Quirinus_Obsidian
2008-10-06, 06:35 PM
I have unleashed a horror upon the world.

Yeppers, you have. I was thinking of honestly making something wicked like doomkitty myself.

Mr.Bookworm
2008-10-06, 07:12 PM
Man, I love this meme. Between That Damn Crab, the Epic Salmon, and Snuggles, that's three examples of sweet glorious ludicrous template-stacking monstrosities.

Pseudonatural and Paragon. Both Epic templates.

I think we should advance Snuggles, though.

Zuki
2008-10-06, 07:28 PM
Advance in hit dice? Or stack a few more templates on? I think I'd be in favor of something more like the former as long as we're going crazy nuts with this, as the latter seems like infringement upon the Epic Salmon's territory.

...I also really wouldn't mind a Titanic Snuggles.

I think we need someway to represent its heavy modification with magical artifice. (Shield Brooch, Eye of Disentegrate, Magic Missile Mouth.)

(The Epic Salmon of GameFAQ's notoreity was, if I recall, a Paragon Psudonatural Tauric Gold Dragon Salmonid of Legend. Though perhaps there was more than one version of it, because I searched and archive dug to double-check, and I could have sworn it had the Kaiju template from some old edition of Dragon. It was created, I believe, upon noticing that salmon didn't have a high enough strength score to be able to swim upstream. The resultant modifications make this possible. :smallbiggrin:)

Mr.Bookworm
2008-10-06, 07:34 PM
Advance in hit dice? Or stack a few more templates on? I think I'd be in favor of something more like the former as long as we're going crazy nuts with this, as the latter seems like infringement upon the Epic Salmon's territory.

I think we need someway to represent its heavy modification with magical artifice. (Shield Brooch, Eye of Disentegrate, Magic Missile Mouth.)

(The Epic Salmon of GameFAQ's notoreity was, if I recall, a Pseudonatural Half-Dragon Titanic Kaiju Paragon Salmon. I'm leaving off at least three to five other templates that I cannot recall. It was created, I believe, upon noticing that salmon didn't have a high enough strength score to be able to swim upstream. The resultant modifications make this possible. :smallbiggrin:)

Advancement of HD.

Wouldn't do to have Snuggles die with his pathetic 28 HP.

Speaking of which...

How did you get that HP, Fax? Half of 8 is 2 on average, and 4 if you're maxing. +19 can't get that to 28.

And 35 Con bonus is a +12.

:smallconfused:

Fax Celestis
2008-10-06, 07:47 PM
Advancement of HD.

Wouldn't do to have Snuggles die with his pathetic 28 HP.

Speaking of which...

How did you get that HP, Fax? Half of 8 is 2 on average, and 4 if you're maxing. +19 can't get that to 28.

And 35 Con bonus is a +12.

:smallconfused:

1/2d8 maxed + 12 Con + 12 paragon.

Also, I should probably tack the Spellstitched template on Snuggles.

Zuki
2008-10-06, 07:50 PM
I'm kind of surprised Pseudonatural is on there, actually. It's Epically delicious, sure, but....not quite so snuggly.

BRC
2008-10-06, 07:54 PM
Throw Fiendish on as well, and give him a few divine ranks.

He needs some Heralds as well, I'm thinking Fiendish Half-dragon dire tigers.

Pie Guy
2008-10-06, 08:00 PM
Don't forget dispel dog!

Magnor Criol
2008-10-06, 08:06 PM
This is one of the most epic thread derails ever. It is made of win and awesome. I think my roommates are concerned for my sanity now, as I just burst out into uproarious laughter.

Snuggles the Death Kitty FTW.

Calinero
2008-10-06, 08:09 PM
I imagine the stats on the evil bunny from Monty Python and the Holy Grail would be remarkably similar to those of Snuggles. Except a racial bonus to jumping instead of stealth.

Oracle_Hunter
2008-10-06, 08:11 PM
Obligatory Sluggy Freelance Link (http://www.sluggy.com/daily.php?date=000701&mode=weekly)

xPANCAKEx
2008-10-06, 08:13 PM
all hail the cult of Snuggles

Sequinox
2008-10-06, 08:24 PM
Let's start a fan club!

ADDED: Check out my sig! (Fiendish dark overlord...)

NPCMook
2008-10-06, 08:43 PM
Setting: D20 Star Wars: DoD module

The first time I DMed, it was a train wreck in the end... But we had one player who is part of the misfit group, his first character in every game he played he dubbed "Nobody," if you get the joke good for you. His normal group wasn't exactly known for following RAW for AoO, but I did and so did the rest of the group, he decides to try and move around a stormtrooper and provokes an AoO, I roll, and crit, roll a 15, which was his DT, he had 26HP, doubled the damage and he was dead... Everyone in the group laughed as it was his first lesson on how an AoO actually works.

wadledo
2008-10-06, 09:07 PM
Snaggles the Doom Cat
Spellwarped Titanic Pseudonatural Paragon Cat
Size/Type: Gargantuan Outsider (Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 25d8+850 (890 hp)
Initiative: +10
Speed: 180 ft. (36 squares)
Armor Class: 83 (-4 size, +11 Dex, +12 insight, +12 luck, +42 natural), touch 51, flat-footed 81
Base Attack/Grapple: +18/+30
Attack: Claw +64 melee (2d8+54)
Attack: Tentacle +64 melee (2d8+54)
Full Attack: 2 claws +64 melee (2d8+54) and bite +62 melee (3d8+54)
Full Attack: Tentacle +64 melee (2d8+54)x7
Space/Reach: 10 by 40 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Constant Insight, Improved Grab, Rotting Constriction, Trample
Special Qualities: Low-Light Vision, Scent, Spell-like Abilities, Resist (Fire, Cold) 10, Resist (Electricity, Acid) 45, DR 15/epic, SR 125, Fast Healing 20, Epic Strike, Spell Absorption
Saves: Fort +38, Ref +34, Will +37
Abilities: Str 78, Dex 37, Con 55, Int 22, Wis 37, Cha 22
Skills: Balance +15, Climb +17, Hide +16*, Jump +15, Listen +13, Move Silently +17, Spot +13*
Feats: Stealthy, Weapon Finesse(B), Multiattack (B), Great Fortitude(B), 8 others
Environment: Temperate plains
Challenge Rating: 35

Snaggles receives a +10 competence bonus on all skill checks, and a +8 racial bonus on Hide checks.

Spell-Like Abilities: At will - blur, dimension door, shield, unhallow (CL 35); 3/day - greater dispel magic, haste, see invisibility (CL 15). DCs are Charisma-based

Constant Insight (Su)
Snaggles is not affected by the miss chance that applies to attacks against a concealed target.

Improved Grab (Ex)
If Snaggles hits an opponent smaller than it with a tentacle, it deals normal damage and attempts to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.

Rotting Constriction (Ex)
Once Snaggles has hold of an opponent, each successful grapple check he makes during subsequent rounds permanently drains 2d4 points of Constitution. At the same time, Snuggles regains 10 lost hit points.

Alternate Form (Su)
At will, Snaggles can take the form of a grotesque, tentacled mass, but all its abilities remain unchanged despite the alien appearance. Changing shape is a standard action. Other creatures receive a -1 morale penalty on their attack rolls against Snuggles in this alternate form.

Trample (Ex)
As a standard action during its turn each round, Snaggles can trample Huge or smaller opponents.
This attack deals points of damage equal to 3d8 + 68. A trampled opponent
can attempt either an attack of opportunity at a –4 penalty or a Reflex save (DC 67) for half damage.

Spell Absorption (Su)
Whenever a spell fails to penetrate Snaggles spell resistance, Snaggles gains one of the following benefits, chosen at the time that the spell resolves.
Might: Snaggles gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength for 1 minute.
Agility: Snaggles gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Dexterity for 1 minute.
Endurance: Snaggles gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Constitution for 1 minute.
Life: Snaggles gains temporary hit points equal to 5 × the level of the failed spell.
Speed: Snaggles base speed increases by a number of feet equal to 5 × the level of the failed spell.
Resistance: Snaggles gains resistance 10 to one energy type (acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic).

Edit: @V:Snaggles is lord of NINJA!

BRC
2008-10-06, 09:07 PM
Setting: D20 Star Wars: DoD module

The first time I DMed, it was a train wreck in the end... But we had one player who is part of the misfit group, his first character in every game he played he dubbed "Nobody," if you get the joke good for you. His normal group wasn't exactly known for following RAW for AoO, but I did and so did the rest of the group, he decides to try and move around a stormtrooper and provokes an AoO, I roll, and crit, roll a 15, which was his DT, he had 26HP, doubled the damage and he was dead... Everyone in the group laughed as it was his first lesson on how an AoO actually works.
Trying to bring the thread back on topic?
Dark Lord Snuggles Laughs at your pathetic efforts and bats you aside with his paw.

DarknessLord
2008-10-06, 09:19 PM
Snuggles is adorable, lethally so, all who sees snuggle's normal form must must succeed on a will save or have their brains reduced to pink fluff.

Dr Bwaa
2008-10-06, 09:24 PM

This is my favorite thing I've seen yet on this most entertaining of threads :)

Vortling
2008-10-06, 09:25 PM
Snuggles is adorable, lethally so, all who sees snuggle's normal form must must succeed on a will save or have their brains reduced to pink fluff.

Why not their entire body? Snuggles has to sleep somewhere.

DarknessLord
2008-10-06, 09:28 PM
Why not their entire body? Snuggles has to sleep somewhere.

Snuggles doesn't sleep. he waits.

AstralFire
2008-10-06, 09:40 PM
It's not snuggles if it doesn't have a Shield Brooch for an eye and the ability to cast disintegrate at will from the other.

Talk about Mad-Eye Moody.

drengnikrafe
2008-10-06, 09:47 PM
And to think, all this "Snuggles" business started from the long running joke hard n' true fact that a housecat can destroy a commoner (and now, as it turns out, an epic level anything).

Pronounceable
2008-10-07, 01:48 AM
You know, this last incarnation seem to have lost some of its appeal. It was much cooler when it was tiny.

Where's this Epic Salmon?

Snuggles doesn't sleep. he waits.
Damn you Chuck Norris! Why must we suffer so?

Ascension
2008-10-07, 01:54 AM
You know, this last incarnation seem to have lost some of its appeal. It was much cooler when it was tiny.

I shall now herald you as the prophet of the One True Snuggles, and attempt to organize a Conservative Church of the Dark Lord Snuggles around you and your teachings.

Submit to the CCotDLS, mortals, and perhaps the Tiny Cute Evil One will spare you. Perhaps.

Pronounceable
2008-10-07, 04:12 AM
Submit to the CCotDLS, mortals, and perhaps the Tiny Cute Evil One will spare you. Perhaps.

Maybe you should throw in a coffee maker? One that does espresso.

_Zoot_
2008-10-07, 07:22 AM
All hail Suggles!!!

Out of interest what are "That Damn Crab" and the "Epic Salmon"

InkEyes
2008-10-07, 09:53 AM
All hail Suggles!!!

Out of interest what are "That Damn Crab" and the "Epic Salmon"

That Damn Crab is a Monstrous Crab (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fw/20040221a) that is exceptionally powerful for its stated CR. It's expected that the crab would be a decent challenge for a group of ECL 6-8. People thought it'd be funny if they added a bunch of templates to it and made it into a god. I don't know about the Salmon, but I imagine it's pretty much the same thing.

AstralFire
2008-10-07, 09:58 AM

Where's this Epic Salmon?

Damn you Chuck Norris! Why must we suffer so?

Epic Salmon's a GameFAQs contribution, and because there is a faster purge on old posts there, I can't link it. It resulted from people noticing Salmon couldn't actually statistically swim up waterfalls, so they added templates until it could.

I shall now herald you as the prophet of the One True Snuggles, and attempt to organize a Conservative Church of the Dark Lord Snuggles around you and your teachings.

I'm having an insurrection here! The One True Snuggles is a housecat with disintegrate at-will and a shield brooch. None of this tentacled madness!

Dr Bwaa
2008-10-07, 10:01 AM
Epic Salmon's a GameFAQs contribution, and because there is a faster purge on old posts there, I can't link it. It resulted from people noticing Salmon couldn't actually statistically swim up waterfalls, so they added templates until it could.

This is a bit of an understatement; I think it would be more appropriate to say that they added templates until the Salmon could devour waterfalls: and then things got nuts after that.

Mr.Bookworm
2008-10-07, 10:02 AM

Clearly, you are a backwards ignorant who is not fit to touch the tiniest fur of our Dark Lord's soft coat.

Snuggles is not content with remaining as he is. We must progress the worship of Snuggles and Snuggles himself, so we may...

Uh...

Do stuff!

Smeggedoff
2008-10-07, 10:04 AM
oh dear, are we dividing into Sects already?
very well, pick your name, weekly meeting place and baseball uniform colour.
first game on thursday, snacks will be available for purchase, bring your own chair.
use of evil soul destroying magic is frowned upon in the first inning

AstralFire
2008-10-07, 10:05 AM
This is a bit of an understatement; I think it would be more appropriate to say that they added templates until the Salmon could devour waterfalls: and then things got nuts after that.

You need a DC 80 Check to make it up Waterfalls and I believe they decided to make up the difference purely with strength checks, so it is possible that the Salmon could devour waterfalls before it could swim up them, yes.

Lord Denyuar
2008-10-07, 10:06 AM
Snuggles weakness: A small shaft of warm natural sunlight, only then does snuggles sleeps. To bribe snuggles, must bring can of tuna. If you brought can opener adn are opening said can of tune you get a +10 (or +20) to handle animal check (or would that be a survival check?)

AstralFire
2008-10-07, 10:08 AM
Autohypnosis to resist fear (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/skills/autohypnosis.htm#resistFear).

Smeggedoff
2008-10-07, 10:11 AM
Snuggles weakness: A small shaft of warm natural sunlight, only then does snuggles sleeps. To bribe snuggles, must bring can of tuna. If you brought can opener adn are opening said can of tune you get a +10 (or +20) to handle animal check (or would that be a survival check?)

handle animal? HANDLE ANIMAL?
*SLAP!*
thou hast better invested ranks in handle GOD or you'll soon be wishing you had a bloody stump to draw back.

Dark lord snuggles dines only on Epic Salmon canned in infernal bronze, the only can opener worthy of his attention is a holy avenger, which he uses as a toothpick after dining first on your charred corpse, and then on the salmon at his leisure.

Dr Bwaa
2008-10-07, 10:15 AM

Sure. You can roll Handle Animal to interact with Snuggles, if he doesn't roll Handle Animal to interact with you first. Even if you did go first, the DC is somewhere near Graham's Number. That +10 or +20 isn't going to help too much unless you're using it on your damage roll with the Holy Avenger to open his salmon

(Ninja'd halfway through posting :smalltongue:)

nhbdy
2008-10-07, 10:17 AM
ALL HAIL SNUGGLES!

the true one, the one that casts disentigration from one eye and has a shielding broach in the other

Zuki
2008-10-07, 11:41 AM
handle animal?
Dark lord snuggles dines only on Epic Salmon canned in infernal bronze, the only can opener worthy of his attention is a holy avenger, which he uses as a toothpick after dining first on your charred corpse, and then on the salmon at his leisure.

This is probably my favorite part of the thread so far. Points for making me laugh out loud.

Also, I'm not certain its the original Epic Salmon, but when searching google to double-check its exact composition, I found an archived Wizards thread that declared it to be a Pseudonatural Paragon Tauric Gold Dragon/Salmon of Legend. I thought the giant pair of gold dragon wings instead of salmon fins was a nice touch, as was the modified breath weapon of breathing out a gigantic cone of fish.

As for Snuggles, however, I must favor the original words of the prophet Astralfire:

It's not snuggles if it doesn't have a Shield Brooch for an eye and the ability to cast disintegrate at will from the other.

And what's it take to get some artist to get us some pictures of the Cat of the Deadly Eyes, anyways? I'd doodle and sketch during class, but it wouldn't look any good.

AstralFire
2008-10-07, 11:45 AM
That's not all of the templates. It's also supposed to have the Kaiju template or whatever it's called from Dragon.

Zuki
2008-10-07, 11:53 AM
Wasn't one of the intended results of the kaiju template that it has some sort of Death Throe effect so that it explodes explosively upon death?

IM@work
2008-10-07, 03:28 PM
Holy cow this got out of hand.
Wasn't able to access internet due to computer problems.
To answer the initial questions asked:
The game is DnD.
Encounter:
5 level 5 characters, fighting a zombie 5-headed hydra and about 15 zombie commoners. hydra on one end, zombies on other end of a 20 ft wide, 200 ft long hallway. Killed wizard with hydra, got barbarian into negatives, and brought another player to exactly 0 hp.
The problem was that the group tried to split up and fight both at once, instead of taking out one group or the other. A wizard and a barbarian fighting alone versus the hydra allowed their death/near-death.

First off, is this EL to high for the party or was the party just being stupid?
Also, I should note that the hydra killed the wizard on three solid hits and one critical, bringing him from full health to death.

As for the other multiple pages, I haven't looked at everything yet.

IM@work
2008-10-07, 03:33 PM
Also, funny thing happened. The first actual encounter was with a housecat. A maze that threw out a different monster each time you went back to the start, starting with a housecat and working its way up the CR. They ended up at CR 5, where I was hoping it would end, killing a dire lion and figuring out the puzzle.

xPANCAKEx
2008-10-07, 03:35 PM
The game is DnD.
Encounter:
5 level 5 characters, fighting a zombie 5-headed hydra and about 15 zombie commoners. hydra on one end, zombies on other end of a 20 ft wide, 200 ft long hallway. Killed wizard with hydra, got barbarian into negatives, and brought another player to exactly 0 hp.
The problem was that the group tried to split up and fight both at once, instead of taking out one group or the other. A wizard and a barbarian fighting alone versus the hydra allowed their death/near-death.

Also, I should note that the hydra killed the wizard on three solid hits and one critical, bringing him from full health to death.

hi OP

welcome to the cult of snuggles

But i would personally say that scenario might be a BIT over the top-EL wise. But they had choices, and made a poor choice by splitting up. They should have mopped up the zombies, and then pegged if they didnt have the reserves left over to take out the hydra

nhbdy
2008-10-07, 04:53 PM
some1 needs to stat out snuggles, the tiny one that can shoot disentigrate at will and has a broach of shielding for the other eye, yet is still unbelievably strong and fast and has multiple deity ranks

i would do it myself, but i don't have books for paragon and diety ranks :smallfrown:

SilentDungeon
2008-10-07, 05:05 PM
Snuggles? SNUGGLES!! SNUGGLES!

blasphemy. a creature like this "snuggles" cannot be nearly as powerful as our god and creator-
*dies by mysterious disintegrate blast*

Ghost: crap.

Shadow_Elf
2008-10-07, 05:08 PM
This is amazing. Best. Thread. Derail. Ever.

I am in the act of statting up AstralFire's original idea for 4e (sorry everybody, I don't have any 3.5e homebrew experience, or any of the books :smalltongue:).

Hope no one minds if I make in an Immortal Beast, though. Natural Beasts have a strict INT cap. Also, it will have (kitteh) subtype.

ashmanonar
2008-10-07, 05:20 PM
You need a DC 80 Check to make it up Waterfalls and I believe they decided to make up the difference purely with strength checks, so it is possible that the Salmon could devour waterfalls before it could swim up them, yes.

Wouldn't a swim speed negate the problem of making swim checks?

AstralFire
2008-10-07, 05:23 PM
Wouldn't a swim speed negate the problem of making swim checks?

A creature with a swim speed can move through water at its indicated speed without making Swim checks. It gains a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform a special action or avoid a hazard. The creature always can choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered when swimming. Such a creature can use the run action while swimming, provided that it swims in a straight line.

It needs to use them for special actions, like waterfall swimming.

I'll take a shot at statting The One True Snuggles shortly.

Mr.Bookworm
2008-10-07, 05:47 PM
I'll take a shot at statting The One True Snuggles shortly.

Please, let me.

---

Snuggles
Cat
Size/Type: Tiny Animal (Perfectly Normal Cat, Cute)
Hit Dice: ∞ d8+∞ (∞ hp)
Initiative: +∞
Speed: ∞ ft. (∞ squares)
Armor Class: ∞ (+2 size, +∞ Dex, +∞ Awesome), touch ∞, flat-footed ∞
Base Attack/Grapple: +∞/+∞
Attack: Claw +∞ melee (1d∞+∞)
Full Attack: 2 claws +∞ melee (1d∞+∞) and bite +∞ melee (1d∞+∞)
Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: All
Special Qualities: All
Saves: Fort +∞, Ref +∞, Will +∞
Abilities: Str ∞, Dex ∞, Con ∞, Int ∞, Wis ∞, Cha ∞
Skills: Snuggles has a +∞ modifier on all skills
Feats: All
Environment: Everywhere hope lies in the hearts of men
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Challenge Rating: ∞

Snuggles receives a +∞ awesome bonus on all skill checks.

Spell-Like Abilities (Ex): Snuggles may cast any spell that has ever existed, including Epic spells as a spell-like ability. He may research and create new Epic spells as a free action. He does not need any material components, focuses, XP, or any other requirements to cast spells. Snuggles casts all spells as a free action.

Small Harmless Kitten (Ex): Snuggles may gain or lose any feat, skill, class feature, Divine Rank, special ability, special quality, or special attack as a free action. All numerical modifiers become ∞, unless Snuggles chooses otherwise.

Win Dungeons & Dragons (Ex): Snuggles may win D&D as a free action.

The Glyphstone
2008-10-07, 05:54 PM
Hydras, if you're not expecting them, can be almost as bad as dragons in terms of disproportionately dangerous for their CR. Zombie hydras are more managable, but they retain almost all of their significant offensive capability.

Oh, and ALL HAIL THE GREAT SNUGGLES!

Hmmm..Psuedonatural Paragon Ikea Tarrasque Snuggles?

AstralFire
2008-10-07, 06:02 PM
Snuggles in 3.x

The One True Snuggles
Paragon Cat
Small Magical Beast (Augmented, Kitteh)
HD 3d10+36+21 (87)
Speed 240 ft. (48 squares)
Init: +10
AC 90; touch 85; flat-footed 88
(+2 Size, +2 Dex, +12 Luck, +12 Insight, +30 Natural Armor, +25 Divine, +7 Deflection)
Divine Rank 25
BAB +3; Grp +57
Attack Epic Claw +63 melee
(1d2+24 damage, 20/x2)
Full-Attack 2 epic claws +63 melee (1d2+24 damage, 20/x2) and epic bite +60 melee (1d3+24 damage, 20/x2)
Space 2.5 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
Special Attacks Spell-Like Abilities (Sp)
Special Qualities Scent (Fear), Magic missile immunity, fire resistance 30. Damage reduction 35/epic. SR 40. Fast healing 20. Always maximize roll. Deity immunities.
Saves Fort +45 Ref +48 Will +44
Abilities Str 18, Dex 30, Con 25, Int 27, Wis 27, Cha 24
Skills Balance +32, Craft (Fear) +23, Climb +26, Concentration +24, Hide +38, Intimidate +Yes, Jump +30, Listen +23, Move Silently +30, Perform (Decapitation) +23, Spot +23, +10 competence bonus to all other skills
Feats Stealthy, Weapon Finesse, Quick Draw, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Human Corpse)
Environment Your house. To the left of your chair. Don't look.
Organization Alone, hopefully
Challenge Rating 15
Alignment Batman

Spell-Like Abilities Snuggles can use disintegrate at will as a 35th level sorcerer, and greater dispel magic, haste, and see invisibility 3/day each as a 15th level wizard.

Magic Missile Immunity (Ex) Snuggles replaced one of its eyes with a Brooch of Shielding. This also grants it a +Yes bonus to Intimidate.

Always Maximize Roll Greater deities automatically get the best result possible on any check, saving throw, attack roll, or damage roll.

Deity Immunities A deity is immune to polymorphing, petrification, or any other attack that alters its form. Any shape-altering powers the deity might have work normally on itself. A deity is not subject to energy drain, ability drain, or ability damage. A deity is immune to mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects). Snuggles is immune to electricity, cold, and acid, even if the attacker is a deity of higher divine rank. Snuggles is also immune to disease and poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, and death effects, disintegration and effects that imprison or banish creatures. (Such effects include banishment, binding, dimensional anchor, dismissal, imprisonment, repulsion, soul bind, temporal stasis, trap the soul, and turning and rebuking.)

More Deity Traits
Seriously, you lose.

Combat
It was nice knowing you.

Starbuck_II
2008-10-07, 06:03 PM
The game is DnD.
Encounter:

What spells did the Wizard cast?
Or did the Hydra go first?

There already is a Kitten Goddess on WoTC Forums:
Her first death was Steve, the commoner.

She said, "Give it up, Steve, I've got higher ground"
The battle ended like Star Wars Part 3: Where Anakin got beat down ,likew a Red headed Step child.

I forget her name. Maybe Snuggles and her will mate to make Godlings?

nhbdy
2008-10-07, 06:55 PM
Snuggles in 3.x

The One True Snuggles
Paragon Cat
HD 3d10+36+21 (87)
(+2 Size, +2 Dex, +12 Luck, +12 Insight, +30 Natural Armor, +25 Divine, +7 Deflection)
Divine Rank 25
BAB +3; Grp +57
(1d2+24 damage, 20/x2)
Full-Attack 2 epic claws +63 melee (1d2+24 damage, 20/x2) and epic bite +60 melee (1d3+24 damage, 20/x2)
Special Qualities Magic missile immunity, fire resistance 30. Damage reduction 35/epic. SR 40. Fast healing 20. Always maximize roll. Deity immunities.
Skills Balance +32, Craft (Fear) +23, Climb +26, Concentration +24, Hide +38, Intimidate +Yes, Jump +30, Listen +23, Move Silently +30, Perform (Decapitation) +23, Spot +23, +10 competence bonus to all other skills
Feats Stealthy, Weapon Finesse, Quick Draw, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Human Corpse)
Challenge Rating 15
Alignment Batman

Spell-Like Abilities Snuggles can use disintegrate at will as a 35th level sorcerer, and greater dispel magic, haste, and see invisibility 3/day each as a 15th level wizard.

Magic Missile Immunity (Ex) Snuggles replaced one of its eyes with a Brooch of Shielding. This also grants it a +Yes bonus to Intimidate.

Always Maximize Roll Greater deities automatically get the best result possible on any check, saving throw, attack roll, or damage roll.

Deity Immunities A deity is immune to polymorphing, petrification, or any other attack that alters its form. Any shape-altering powers the deity might have work normally on itself. A deity is not subject to energy drain, ability drain, or ability damage. A deity is immune to mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects). Snuggles is immune to electricity, cold, and acid, even if the attacker is a deity of higher divine rank. Snuggles is also immune to disease and poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, and death effects, disintegration and effects that imprison or banish creatures. (Such effects include banishment, binding, dimensional anchor, dismissal, imprisonment, repulsion, soul bind, temporal stasis, trap the soul, and turning and rebuking.)

More Deity Traits
Seriously, you lose.

Combat
It was nice knowing you.

i hearby join orthodox Sugglism *takes levels in cleric*

what domains does Snuggles offer?? i think destruction, death, war, and some custom one with a bunch of charm spells in it

ALL HAIL SUGGLES!!!!!

BRC
2008-10-07, 06:57 PM
Snuggles in 3.x

The One True Snuggles
Paragon Cat
HD 3d10+36+21 (87)
Divine Rank 25
BAB +3; Grp +57
(1d2+24 damage, 20/x2)
Special Qualities Magic missile immunity, fire resistance 30. Damage reduction 35/epic. SR 40. Fast healing 20. Always maximize roll. Deity immunities.
Challenge Rating 15
Alignment Batman

More Deity Traits
Seriously, you lose.

Combat
It was nice knowing you.
You forgot to add scent (Snuggles can Smell your fear!)

IM@work
2008-10-07, 07:07 PM
Wizard cast ray of flame twice I think, only fire spell he knew.
Also, snuggles can also have one of his eyes replaced with that of a bodak for a death ray gaze attack.
Snuggles also has 9 lives, but does he ever need to use them?

Starbuck_II
2008-10-07, 07:09 PM
You forgot to add scent (Snuggles can Smell your fear!)

But can he tell why kids love Cinnamin Toast Crunch?

AstralFire
2008-10-07, 07:11 PM
But can he tell why kids love Cinnamin Toast Crunch?

Yes.

what do you mean my message is too short

nhbdy
2008-10-07, 07:39 PM
not to complain, but we still need domains, and i think he needs more destroy your soul forever stuff

AstralFire
2008-10-07, 07:41 PM
I'll get on it in a bit. I didn't realize statting a god was so much work. :smalleek:

Shadow_Elf
2008-10-07, 07:57 PM
The Dark Lord Snuggles
Tiny Immortal Beast (kitteh) Level 35 Solo Luker
XP 235, 000
Initiative +35 Perception +32; low-light; snuggles can see through walls, and cannot be blinded. Snuggles can also smell fear. Anyone under the effects of a power with the Fear keyword are automatically hit by Snuggles’ attacks.
Irresistible Fwuffyness Aura 15 Each enemy in the aura is subject to the following attack at the beginning of each of Snuggles’ turns. +35 vs. Will. On a hit, the target begins to dance (save ends)
Kitteh Adorability Aura 10 Each enemy in the aura takes a -5 underestimation penalty against the effects Snuggles inflicts on them that a save can end.
HP: 1550 Bloodied: 775 Healing Surge Value: 387
AC: 51 Fortitude: 47 Reflex: 51 Will: 49
Saving Throws: +5 (+8 vs. charm and fear effects)
Immune Disease, Resist 20/variable
Action Points: 2
Speed: 14, Teleport 10, Fly 8 (hover), Swim 8, Climb 14 (spiderclimb)
(BM) Paw (Standard Action, At-will)
Reach 2; +40 vs. AC; 3d8 + 11 damage and the target is pushed 12 squares.
(M) Maul (Standard Action, At-will)
Snuggles makes two paw attacks against a single target. Both attacks are made before the target is pushed by either or both of the attacks.
Kitteh Vitality (Minor Action, Healing Surge)
Snuggles gains hit points equal to his healing surge value and a +2 kitteh bonus to all defences and he does not provoke opportunity attacks until the end of his next turn.
Kitteh Lazor (Standard Action, At-Will)
Ranged 20; +38 vs. Reflex; 3d8 + 8 damage and the target is dazed (save ends)
Shield (Immediate Interrupt, Recharge 3, 4, 5, 6) * Charm
Snuggles gains +4 to all defences against the attack. He then makes the following attack; +35 vs. Will. The target cannot attack Snuggles (save ends). The possession of this power also renders Snuggles immune to the magic missile spell.
Disintegrate (Standard Action, Recharge 5, 6)
Burst 3 within 20; +35 vs. Reflex. 4d10 + 10 damage and the target takes ongoing 15 damage (save ends). Any creatures reduced to 0 hit points by this attack are reduced to dust. This attack deal half damage on a miss, but no ongoing damage.
Greater Magic Missile Storm (Standard Action, Recharge 6) * Force
Close Blast 6; +36 vs. Reflex. 4d12 + 12 force damage and the target is knocked prone.
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Strength: 20 (+22)
Constitution: 22 (+23) Languages: Telepathy 40, Kitteh
Dexterity: 36 (+30)
Intelligence: 18 (+21)
Wisdom: 30 (+27)
Charisma: 30 (+27)
Skills: +35 Acrobatics, +32 Insight, +32 Perception, +32 Intimidate, +35 Stealth

Here is Snuggles, made in 4e for your convenience. Look out Orcus, you have been dethroned.
(Sorry for the lack of a table, or any real organisation. I may add one later.)

AstralFire
2008-10-07, 07:59 PM
*applause* Good show, good show.

wadledo
2008-10-07, 08:18 PM
The Church of Snaggles commands that there be some kind of benefit for the Lord Snaggles, preferably with tomato salad.
And human sacrifices.

Smeggedoff
2008-10-07, 08:55 PM
i hearby join orthodox Sugglism *takes levels in cleric*

what domains does Snuggles offer?? i think destruction, death, war, and some custom one with a bunch of charm spells in it

ALL HAIL SNUGGLES!!!!!

you mean like the charm domain? :smallwink:

hmm, what alignment does batman count as? chaotic neutral I guess with him being a vigilante and all
Call me a Paladin of Slaughter then muahaha

BLOOD FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!

Ghill
2008-10-07, 09:04 PM
Holy. Crap.

Thread Mutant Sighting.

xPANCAKEx
2008-10-07, 09:47 PM
FRESH OFFERINGS OF CATNIP FOR SNUGGLES

If we start fleshing out snuggles co-hort, surely one of them would have to be an insane were-rat that been tormented for millenia by the The Dark Lord of Yarn

Lert, A.
2008-10-07, 11:49 PM
You heard the man! Snuggles demands catnip!

Somebody get some. I'll be three planes over thataway >>>>.

I had always assumed that snuggles would have a death aura (commoner).

Nerd-o-rama
2008-10-08, 12:02 AM
I was not expecting this thread to be nearly this awesome. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MegaNeko)

Oracle_Hunter
2008-10-08, 12:13 AM
I had always assumed that snuggles would have a death aura (commoner).

Of course not! Our Feline Demon Prince savors every kill - it's no fun if He doesn't get to play with his favorite chew toys :smallbiggrin:

Now all we need is some Lovecraftian passages describing His form and proper methods of worship. After that, His position as Internet God will be secured, and we know what popular adulation can produce (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0301.html) :smalltongue:

Ascension
2008-10-08, 12:15 AM
After that, His position as Internet God will be secured, and we know what popular adulation can produce (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0301.html) :smalltongue:

A 40k-style Snuggles Warp Entity, perhaps?

I can totally see Snuggles as a Chaos God.

chiasaur11
2008-10-08, 12:32 AM

I'd avoid that.

Chaos godhood would give him a nasty weakness to HEROES OF THE IMPERIUM, and frankly, Snuggles is a lot better off when he can't be beat by any non kobold.

Smeggedoff
2008-10-08, 12:33 AM

ha, the warp that spawned the chaos gods is just a sanity preserving name for the unholy litterbox of snuggles

Snuggles chews on the threads of reality and heaves up hairballs with the ability to cleave gods in twain and unmake reality in 26 seconds flat! :smallamused:

DarknessLord
2008-10-08, 12:34 AM
Behold! I bring thee the most accurate picture of our Dark Lord Snuggles that I can render while maintaining my sanity. 'Tis not for yee of low con scores!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Shadowone/Snugg.png

Lert, A.
2008-10-08, 12:44 AM
Behold! I bring thee the most accurate picture of our Dark Lord Snuggles that I can render while maintaining my sanity. 'Tis not for yee of low con scores!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Shadowone/Snugg.png

My San score just dropped, Excuse me while I roll on this chart...

Rei_Jin
2008-10-08, 12:44 AM
I'd love to see someone do a remake of Garfield, with Snuggles as the lead role instead of Garfield. Oh, the hilarity that would ensue!

chiasaur11
2008-10-08, 12:48 AM
I'd love to see someone do a remake of Garfield, with Snuggles as the lead role instead of Garfield. Oh, the hilarity that would ensue!

By "hilarity" I assume you mean "reality melting terror and violence" I assume?

The strips would be far, far off the standard by number three or so, by which time Snuggles would have destroyed the city.

Rei_Jin
2008-10-08, 12:52 AM
Well, yes. But it would be amusing to watch.

Panel one: Snuggles gets out of bed, and wanders to the front door.

Panel two: Jon, seeing Snuggles is up, runs to the front door to open it.

Panel three: Snuggles yawns and disintegrates the door, as Jon turns up just a little too late.

Panel four: Snuggles disintegrates Jon for his failure to serve, and wanders outside.

Daracaex
2008-10-08, 12:53 AM
I demand that Snuggles be given the ability to teleport as a free action to anywhere the sound of a can opener is heard.

ALL HAIL SNUGGLES!

Pronounceable
2008-10-08, 12:54 AM
BLOOD CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!

OK, we got our mantra. Let's mindlessly repeat it just like good cultists...

CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THROOOOOOOONE!

FantomFang
2008-10-08, 01:01 AM
I just had to post in this, because it is epic, and I realized something. In OOTS universe, you have the snarl, and guess what? The gods just think they created it. It was really just snuggles playing with a ball of yarn.

Enlong
2008-10-08, 01:09 AM

Wait, the Epic Salmon? Show me. Did someone make the fish too hardcore?

Edit: Ohohoho! I see.

By the way...

ALL HAIL SNUGGLES!

Verosce
2008-10-08, 02:15 AM
All hail The One True Snuggles, our lord and master!

I shall now introduce myself as "An Orthodox Worshipper of Snuggles, May His Eyes Not Come To Rest On Me."

Those who disturb his catnaps shall suffer DISINTEGRATION!
But not before being toyed with!

nhbdy
2008-10-08, 07:07 AM
*offers neighbor wraped in catnip* CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD

heeheehee being a cleric is fun when you have an epic god, snuggles can kill any god anywhere anytime he wants, i'm 3.5, i don't have 4.0 books

23minds
2008-10-08, 09:50 PM
I'm in pain from laughing so hard!

This probably means that snuggles will allow me to live for a moment in order to properly savor the suffering before disintegrating me.

All hail our fuzzy overlord.

Legoshrimp
2008-10-09, 01:48 PM
This thread is pure AWESOME!
So whats Snuggles other domain?

DarknessLord
2008-10-09, 04:43 PM
This thread is pure AWESOME!
So whats Snuggles other domain?

All of them.

chiasaur11
2008-10-09, 04:53 PM
All of them.

Except "good".
Snuggles is PURE EVIL.

AstralFire
2008-10-09, 04:53 PM
No, he's so evil he actually corrupted the entire good domain.

23minds
2008-10-09, 05:05 PM
Domains?

Domination.

You will obey the Snuggles.:smallfurious:

Smeggedoff
2008-10-09, 05:05 PM
No, he's so evil he actually corrupted the entire good domain.
he keeps it in a small fuzzy ball that he bats back and forth when he's in the mood
it jingles

Verosce
2008-10-09, 05:17 PM
I would say Animal, Chaos, Destruction, Evil, and Trickery.

EDIT: On reflection, the entire domain of good trapped inside a small jingly ball is too good to NOT make canon.

chiasaur11
2008-10-09, 05:29 PM
I would say Animal, Chaos, Destruction, Evil, and Trickery.

EDIT: On reflection, the entire domain of good trapped inside a small jingly ball is too good to NOT make canon.

On the other hand, that might displease NG Pun-Pun.

On does not displease NG Pun-Pun, even if one is the mighty Dread Lord SNUGGLES. Not saying who would win, but I figger Snuggles would want to save his energy for vaporizing those who displease him.

Besides, he's going to be a good deal too busy fighting REX, THE WONDER DOG to take on any other challengers.

BRC
2008-10-09, 05:31 PM
On the other hand, that might displease NG Pun-Pun.

On does not displease NG Pun-Pun, even if one is the mighty Dread Lord SNUGGLES. Not saying who would win, but I figger Snuggles would want to save his energy for vaporizing those who displease him.

Besides, he's going to be a good deal too busy fighting REX, THE WONDER DOG to take on any other challengers.

Busy, Snuggles is just letting Rex live while he plays with him. Once Snuggles has becom bored with Rex, the dog will be destroyed like all those who challenge our lord.

chiasaur11
2008-10-09, 05:47 PM
Busy, Snuggles is just letting Rex live while he plays with him. Once Snuggles has becom bored with Rex, the dog will be destroyed like all those who challenge our lord.

Rex killed a T-Rex with an Atom Bomb.
AND HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THUMBS!

Has anyone statted Rex out?
I'm now perversely curious.

Smeggedoff
2008-10-09, 06:41 PM
AND HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THUMBS!

nope, guess who DOES have Rex's Thumbs :smallamused:

Zeebiedeebie
2008-10-09, 09:57 PM
Snuggles the death kitty tires of this insignificant trifling thread. Snuggles will DESTROY! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

chiasaur11
2008-10-09, 10:06 PM
nope, guess who DOES have Rex's Thumbs :smallamused:

Well, one of them formed Snuggles after Rex cut it off for being too weak.

Don't know what happened to the other one.

DarknessLord
2008-10-09, 10:13 PM
Well, one of them formed Snuggles after Rex cut it off for being too weak.

Don't know what happened to the other one.

Funny, those of us who know the truth tell a rather smiler story, only it was the other way around, and instead of a thumb, it was a rather insignificant deposit in the great liter box.

chiasaur11
2008-10-09, 10:35 PM
Funny, those of us who know the truth tell a rather smiler story, only it was the other way around, and instead of a thumb, it was a rather insignificant deposit in the great liter box.

Yeah.

I find most Snugglites who know the truth tell it that way.

Less humiliating for them than the real story.

Pronounceable
2008-10-10, 01:03 AM
Yeah.

I find most Snugglites who know the truth tell it that way.

Less humiliating for them than the real story.

You are a foul Rexist, who shall soon be smitten and be catnip. Catnip! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOOOOOD!

Edit, FOR JUSTICE: As will you, poster below...

Asbestos
2008-10-10, 02:33 AM
Seconded.
Rex can take on anything at anytime and in anyplace.

Ascension
2008-10-10, 02:42 AM
You know, this is begging to be settled in the Arena.

Snuggles the Death Kitten and nine of his stoutest devotees versus Rex the Wonder Dog and whatever posse he can whip up.

No holds barred cage match.

May the best god-animal win.

NephandiMan
2008-10-10, 09:03 AM
I for one welcome our new cat overlords.

xPANCAKEx
2008-10-10, 02:33 PM
darknesslord leads the way with including it in his sig - im joining him

all hail the cult of snuggles

Asbestos
2008-10-11, 01:59 AM
Has anyone statted Rex out?
I'm now perversely curious.

I'm not sure, don't think so. What are the stats on a dog that could probably take out Batman and Superman combined, all while swinging on a vine by his teeth and carrying a wounded soldier?
Of course Rex wouldn't take out Batman or Superman since he is LG and wouldn't go about destroying other heroes. They slip up though, and they are going to be hearing the howl of justice.

Finwe
2008-10-14, 01:22 AM
You've forgotten Snuggles' one weakness - laser pointers! Yes, he can be distracted from disintegrating you for a few seconds if you happen to have one on you! Perhaps just long enough to cast a quickened plane shift... if you're lucky.

Dragonus45
2008-10-14, 05:02 AM
I must join the cult of snuggles, CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD.

Rex shall be batted about like the rest of good in the dark lords great fuzzy jingling ball.

Heskan da snipa
2008-10-14, 07:22 AM
QUOTE=Taim;5056480]I would love to see that fight![/QUOTE]

in dnd 3.5 an angry house cat could indeed kill a commoner. judging by the stats and the fact that we did it before.

Heskan da snipa
2008-10-14, 07:26 AM
i would say keep it the same, maybe throw in some weaker monsters. unless of course, like in my party, or wizard/rogue decides he wants to be a fighter and rushes in head first. then by all means, kill said person.

however if its your tank thats being killed then you should definitly either focus on someone else when their health is low or just maybe give them slightly easier opponents.

IM@work
2008-10-14, 08:58 AM
Someone obviously missed the current atmosphere.

only1doug
2008-10-14, 09:29 AM
Hsssssst...

Roll the Unbeliever in Catnip and feed him to Snuggles

The Great Furry One is allowing the Rexists to continue to exist, Snuggles is not yet bored of playing with his food.

DragonBaneDM
2008-10-14, 10:52 AM
Yesh, if a simple house brand incarnate of our almighty Snuggles can kill one of your pathetic race, what is to stop the might of the Snuggly One himself from utterly destroying your entire race, oh ye of little catnip!?!

FEAR THE SNUGGLY ONE!!!

Verosce
2008-10-14, 02:56 PM
Sig'ed.

Is this so called Wonder Dog normal sized for a dog as Snuggles is for a kitteh? If so, that's quite unfair...for him.

Finwe
2008-10-14, 09:07 PM
I'm curious - how does the house cat win? It's attacks all do damage <= 0 because of its strength.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-14, 09:13 PM
I'm curious - how does the house cat win? It's attacks all do damage <= 0 because of its strength.The minimum damage dealt by any attack is one point, the additional -'s are for buffing purposes.

chiasaur11
2008-10-14, 09:23 PM
Sig'ed.

Is this so called Wonder Dog normal sized for a dog as Snuggles is for a kitteh? If so, that's quite unfair...for him.

Only when he wants to be.

When he needs to (I.E. when in an alternate giant dimension bigger than our universe) he gets to be bigger than the universe.

He also fights Nazis. In WW2.

And leads the Wild Hunt.

FoE
2008-10-14, 09:27 PM
Can you imagine if Snuggles was the leader of the Evil League of Evil instead of Bad Horse?

A lot of guys ignore the laugh, and that's about standards. I mean, if you're going to get into the Evil League of Evil, you need to have a memorable laugh. What, do you think that Snuggles didn't work on his purr?

His terrible .. death-purr?

Of course, he would be above such things.

He is the Lone Pussycat of the Apocalypse. Think of him when you look to the night sky.

Finwe
2008-10-15, 01:47 AM
The minimum damage dealt by any attack is one point, the additional -'s are for buffing purposes.

I figured as much. Shouldn't the minimum damage be 0? If you're too weak to effectively wield a weapon, you shouldn't do any damage. I guess it's just another silly rule...

Dragonus45
2008-10-18, 02:24 AM
I figured as much. Shouldn't the minimum damage be 0? If you're too weak to effectively wield a weapon, you shouldn't do any damage. I guess it's just another silly rule...

Well as long as the attack hits it has to do at least some damage, not being able to use is accounted in your chances to hit.

Anonymous Man
2008-10-18, 01:02 PM
I MUST JOIN THE CULT OF SNUGGLES!
CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!

mizzim
2008-10-18, 04:57 PM
SNUGGLES! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!

Snuggles, Upon This Day, I Temporarily Abandon The BEAST, And Turn To You.
DEATH TO ALL DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kopout
2008-10-18, 07:44 PM
is anyone a troper?you know this has to go on tv tropes

Oracle_Hunter
2008-10-18, 08:08 PM
is anyone a troper?you know this has to go on tv tropes

Meh, it's not really a Memetic Mutation (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MemeticMutation) until it's got a LOLCAT series of photoshopped images. Or at least something more substantial than a single thread.

Starbuck_II
2008-10-18, 08:12 PM

Only in 4th edition.

In 3rd edition, attacks do a minimum of 1 no matter the ability penalty.

chiasaur11
2008-10-19, 12:29 AM
SNUGGLES! CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!

Snuggles, Upon This Day, I Temporarily Abandon The BEAST, And Turn To You.
DEATH TO ALL DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yet, the Wonderdog still moves.

streakster
2008-10-19, 12:47 AM
You know, this has got to be one of the fastest/most amusing derails ever...

And I'm now a member of Orthodox Snugglism.

"Kneel to Snuggles, or you will be knelt."

Pronounceable
2008-10-19, 06:24 AM
And yet, the Wonderdog still moves.

Emphasized.

Verosce
2008-10-19, 01:26 PM
Cats DO play with their food before they eat it.

Zenos
2008-10-19, 02:05 PM
Does Snuggles have a (reasnoably) good half-brother/sister?

Smeggedoff
2008-10-19, 02:11 PM
what? like cuddles, the angelic cat god of virtue?
pshaw

Zenos
2008-10-19, 02:14 PM
I was talking more of annoying little brother who saves people from Snuggles for lolz.

Smeggedoff
2008-10-19, 02:17 PM
I don't think so, Snuggles will occasionally take his time devouring an entire family and then leave the most emotionally unstable alive to live with the memory...for, to use the vernacular, "lolz"

chiasaur11
2008-10-19, 03:02 PM
Cats DO play with their food before they eat it.

And Rex sometimes gives a chance to repent.

Or lets disasters happen so he can get good pictures for his newspaper reporter job.

Flickerdart
2008-10-19, 03:13 PM
Can you imagine if Snuggles was the leader of the Evil League of Evil instead of Bad Horse?

A lot of guys ignore the laugh, and that's about standards. I mean, if you're going to get into the Evil League of Evil, you need to have a memorable laugh. What, do you think that Snuggles didn't work on his purr?

His terrible .. death-purr?

Of course, he would be above such things.

He is the Lone Pussycat of the Apocalypse. Think of him when you look to the night sky.
The ELoE is just Snuggles fractured into many different people. When they fuse, Snuggles shall be reborn.

Smeggedoff
2008-10-19, 06:25 PM
The ELoE is just Snuggles fractured into many different people. When they fuse, Snuggles shall be reborn.

ah, but Snuggles is Master of the Schrödinger Domain, allowing him to be simultanously fractured and whole, dead and alive, all powerful and but a humble...ok, malicious house cat
should he choose, or unless he is observed

however should one even attempt to observe but a tenth of the radience of snuggles, one would be consumed utterly, and thus Snuggles remains the one true quantum god, utterly invincible

kopout
2008-10-20, 05:28 PM
I'm now a proud member of Orthodox Snugglism.
(snuggels is not a god just a great and powerful mortal) all hail the epic level cat

mizzim
2008-10-20, 05:35 PM
I shall Join Orthodox Snuggleism.

CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD!!!! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!!!!!!!!

chiasaur11
2008-10-20, 06:03 PM
I'm now a proud member of Orthodox Snugglism.
(snuggels is not a god just a great and powerful mortal) all hail the epic level cat

I hear Snuggles kills people for lesser heresies than that.

I'd be careful if I was you.

Anonymous Man
2008-10-23, 07:44 PM
I shall begin the Temple of The Snuggles. We herald The Snuggles, who can be whatever they want, but ALWAYS is a white catlike being with the left eye of a shield broach and a right eye that can cast disintigration. First come first served!

Snuggles
One Pope (Me)
Three Archbishops (,,)
Five Archpriests (,,,,)
Seven Bishops (,,,,,,)
Ten Priests (,,,,,,,,,)
Acolytes()
Initiates()

mizzim
2008-10-23, 07:46 PM
um.... Preist?

Smeggedoff
2008-10-24, 04:48 AM
you missed out Paladins, heck, I'd settle for Zealot but you missed those too, or Harbinger, gah, that's missing too!
you're not the archbishop at all! you're some smarmy martini-swilling spy in a tuxedo!
get im!

Anonymous Man
2008-10-24, 07:15 AM
no, this is the hierarchy of The Temple. I am the Pope because I am the only member so far, ok? if you want to join then you go into the next open slot, unless you want to be something else. if you want to be something that isn't there, then you are off to the side a bit. for example, a paladin and a zealot added.

Snuggles
One Pope (Me)
Three Archbishops (,,)
Five Archpriests (,,,,)
Seven Bishops (,,,,,,) Zealots()
Ten Priests (,,,,,,,,,) Paladins()
Acolytes()
Initiates()

Catnip for the Cat God! Yarn for the Yarn Throne!

xPANCAKEx
2008-10-24, 09:11 AM
there will be no heirarchy

as far as snuggles is concerned, there are only 2 types of people:
1) those of us blessed with the knowledge that he will be our death
2) those who are in for a bit of a suprise

Smeggedoff
2008-10-24, 09:19 AM
that's a good point actually, do cats even have heirarchies?
go ahead and be pope of your "Church"
all you'll do is draw Snuggles attention momentarily

Chineselegolas
2008-10-24, 09:31 AM
I just had to post in this, because it is epic, and I realized something. In OOTS universe, you have the snarl, and guess what? The gods just think they created it. It was really just snuggles playing with a ball of yarn.

Heh heh. Yay for Snuggles and his awesomeness

Anonymous Man
2008-10-25, 04:43 PM
Hey, if anyone else want to be pope, then il be happy as a priest. but this keeps stuff orginized.

Verosce
2008-10-26, 04:04 AM
We should just claim positions at our own discretion anyway. If our Cat God disapproves, he shall end our existence at his own convenience anyway.

I wish to become Commander of the Elite Yarn Throne Guards. This organization keeps out all of those that Snuggles does not feel it worth his time to personally destroy. Mostly ceremonial, since Lord Snuggles will toy with and destroy just about everything. However, the EYTG is still highly trained and skilled.

Catnip for the Cat God...AND YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE. All Hail Snuggles.

Matticus
2008-10-26, 05:41 AM
that's a good point actually, do cats even have heirarchies?

Cats get into fights all the time.
But no cat would fight Snuggles, not only because of the huge group of people following Snuggles around worshipping it, but because SNUGGLES IS ALMIGHTY.

And...Maybe a nice bowl of milk? Even gods get thirsty...

The Mormegil
2008-10-26, 08:46 AM
Just... amazing... And I just opened the thread to see why a common PC death was the target of so much attention! (I mean, 7 pages?)

mizzim
2008-10-26, 10:15 AM
I command the elite bearers of the milk and catnip. the EBOTMAC go into training for 7 years, and then they get tested to see if they actually have any potential. I am their commander.

Random NPC
2008-10-26, 11:28 AM
what? like cuddles, the angelic cat god of virtue?
pshaw

Theory time!

Snuggles = Basement Cat = Tacgnol

Cuddles = Ceiling Cat = Longcat

:smalleek:

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2008/04/funny-pictures-basement-cat-vs-ceiling-cat.jpg

chiasaur11
2008-10-26, 01:36 PM
Theory time!

Snuggles = Basement Cat = Tacgnol

Cuddles = Ceiling Cat = Longcat

:smalleek:

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2008/04/funny-pictures-basement-cat-vs-ceiling-cat.jpg

And after that, Rex fights (and beats) the winner?

Sounds fair.

DarknessLord
2008-10-26, 02:28 PM
And after that, Rex fights (and beats) the winner?

Sounds fair.

You're right, the only way it would be fair for Rex to fight Snuggles is right after Snuggles has been weakened by fighting Ceiling Cat.

chiasaur11
2008-10-26, 02:37 PM
You're right, the only way it would be fair for Rex to fight Snuggles is right after Snuggles has been weakened by fighting Ceiling Cat.

I was assuming Rex was doing the fighting for our souls while Snuggles did his little grudge match thing.

I mean, he has to have something challenging to do that day, as the match with Snuggles wouldn't be.

Pronounceable
2008-10-26, 03:53 PM
That Basement Cat is but a pale shadow of our lord Snuggles. A mere herald, an incarnation of a twittering of his mighty whiskers...

I mean, he has to have something challenging to do that day, as the match with Snuggles wouldn't be.

You are pushing your luck, o foul Rexite. Don't tempt our lord, lest he rains the bloody chunks of your false little idol on your garden...

For ALL we REAL believers know that ph'nglui mglw'nafh Snuggles r'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn. Cos he ate that slumbering shrimp...

Anonymous Man
2008-10-26, 04:09 PM
CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD!!! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!!! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!!!
ALL HAIL THE DARK LORD SNUGGLES!!!!!

chiasaur11
2008-10-26, 05:59 PM
That Basement Cat is but a pale shadow of our lord Snuggles. A mere herald, an incarnation of a twittering of his mighty whiskers...

You are pushing your luck, o foul Rexite. Don't tempt our lord, lest he rains the bloody chunks of your false little idol on your garden...

For ALL we REAL believers know that ph'nglui mglw'nafh Snuggles r'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn. Cos he ate that slumbering shrimp...

Been tempting his wrath all thread.

So far, no problems... OW, MY ARM!

Correction: No problems on the scale Snuggles is supposedly capable of.

Mushroom Ninja
2008-10-26, 06:05 PM
CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD!!! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!!! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!!!
ALL HAIL THE DARK LORD SNUGGLES!!!!!

Hail, oh lord Snuggles! Yarn for the yarn throne!!!

Pronounceable
2008-10-26, 06:51 PM
I like this new one.

CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

Dragonus45
2008-10-26, 07:00 PM
May i ask to command the Knights in Snuggles Service. An organization dedicated to the eradication of all things dog and un Snuggle like. We shall destroy those who dare to STAND AGAINST THE CAT GOD SNUGGLES. [ CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD, YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE, MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL. MAY HIS FUR EVER BE COMBEN AND MAY HIS LITTER BOX BE FOREVER CLEANED.

IM@work
2008-10-26, 07:35 PM
You may ask but you shall not receive.

Muad'dib
2008-10-27, 01:36 PM

Give it up. This thread now belongs to the fastidious feline fiend, his deviousness the Dark Lord Snuggles. All are wise to tremble in his fuzzy presence.

CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD!!! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE!!!

xPANCAKEx
2008-10-28, 12:35 AM
the downside is your questions never got answered

the upside is you helped found a new religion. And for that snuggles will reward you: your death will be swift and mostly painless

Ascension
2008-10-28, 12:39 AM

My advice is to include more detail in your opening post. If you post vaguely and then fail to clarify your point quickly enough people will start filling in the blanks for you with whatever seems amusing at the moment, leading to... well, leading to this.

Muad'dib
2008-10-28, 01:28 AM
My advice is to include more detail in your opening post. If you post vaguely and then fail to clarify your point quickly enough people will start filling in the blanks for you with whatever seems amusing at the moment, leading to... well, leading to this.

If only all derailed threads could turn into major deities.

Ascension
2008-10-28, 01:31 AM
If only all derailed threads could turn into major deities.

Indeed. I'm still waiting for the Rexite to come forth with a build for his dratted super-dog so we can settle this dispute in the proper manner.

Pronounceable
2008-10-28, 05:53 AM
Whatever the foul Rexite builds up, it'll be devoured by the might of our lord.

EDIT: CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

Dragonus45
2008-10-28, 04:26 PM
No snuggles shall not devour anything from the vile Rex, he shall be slaughtered and left to rot where all can see his shame.

chiasaur11
2008-10-28, 05:43 PM
Indeed. I'm still waiting for the Rexite to come forth with a build for his dratted super-dog so we can settle this dispute in the proper manner.

Dang.

Was kinda hoping someone else would do it.

Factorem is the class that lets you be really good at any skill, right?

Bandededed
2008-10-28, 09:16 PM
Dang.

Was kinda hoping someone else would do it.

Factorem is the class that lets you be really good at any skill, right?

Factotem, actually, from Dungeonscape.

However, you are mistaken if you feel that any mere dog could possibly stand before our lord and live - unless perhaps he is attached to a bell. This may spare him for a few moments, while Snuggles the Dark Lord bats him around, but ultimately:

"You are on the way to destruction ... you have no chance to survive make your time,"

chiasaur11
2008-10-28, 10:45 PM
Factotem, actually, from Dungeonscape.

However, you are mistaken if you feel that any mere dog could possibly stand before our lord and live - unless perhaps he is attached to a bell. This may spare him for a few moments, while Snuggles the Dark Lord bats him around, but ultimately:

"You are on the way to destruction ... you have no chance to survive make your time,"

Thanks.

I'll work on it.

Kazasu
2008-10-28, 10:56 PM

I pledge allegiance to the one and true Snuggles! May his enemies be ever appetizing to his pallet!

Ravens_cry
2008-10-29, 12:23 AM
And lo, the people were of great fear and torment, and Snuggles did consume them as Tuna and Cream, and the people did call "Where is Good Cat, why doth She turn Her face from us?"
And Good Cat Did hear Her peoples cries, and did cuff Snuggles, Mother Cat unto Snuggles that She be, and did say unto Snuggles
"
Thou Bad Little Kitten, Thou Should be Smitten,And Thou Wilst Have No Pie"
And Good Cat did pick up Snuggles by the scruff of his unholy Neck, and did drag him away, though Snuggles did hiss and scream, Like Bad Kitten that he be.

Pronounceable
2008-10-29, 04:22 AM
And lo, the people were of great fear and torment, and Snuggles did consume them as Tuna and Cream, and the people did call "Where is Good Cat, why doth She turn Her face from us?"

What Good Cat? There's no such thing, cats are Always Chaotic Evil.

Ravens_cry
2008-10-29, 04:57 AM

Apparently you never have been companions with a cat. Cats are rather Chaotic, at least compared to the slobbering worship of Dogs. But always Evil? Hardly. Our cat actually saved my mother life once.
As Good Cat said to the Prophet of Hamwort
" I Shalt Sit On Your lap, And Maketh Bread Dough, Purring In Perfect Contentment. For Though Thou Are Not Mine Master, We Art Friends. Yea Thou I Be Aloof, And Finicky, And Want To Be Let Out And Back In At All Hours Of The Night, And Hacketh Up Hairballs, And Leave Dead Rodents In Mine wake, We Be Friends. "

Pronounceable
2008-10-29, 06:43 AM
Put the cat near a small and furry creature and see what happens.

Dragonus45
2008-10-29, 09:47 AM
And Good Cat Did hear Her peoples cries, and did cuff Snuggles, Mother Cat unto Snuggles that She be, and did say unto Snuggles
"
And Good Cat did pick up Snuggles by the scruff of his unholy Neck, and did drag him away, though Snuggles did hiss and scream, Like Bad Kitten that he be.

Apparently you never have been companions with a cat. Cats are rather Chaotic, at least compared to the slobbering worship of Dogs. But always Evil? Hardly. Our cat actually saved my mother life once.
As Good Cat said to the Prophet of Hamwort
" I Shalt Sit On Your lap, And Maketh Bread Dough, Purring In Perfect Contentment. For Though Thou Are Not Mine Master, We Art Friends. Yea Thou I Be Aloof, And Finicky, And Want To Be Let Out And Back In At All Hours Of The Night, And Hacketh Up Hairballs, And Leave Dead Rodents In Mine wake, We Be Friends. "

BLASPHEMERBLASPHEMER BLASPHEMERBLASPHEMER

only1doug
2008-10-29, 11:47 AM
"

What can I say, Snuggles does love to play with his food.

Letting the food think that there is a "good cat" to protect them from him when "good cat" is clearly just another manifestation of his divine essence...

The fun stops when the prey gives up.

chiasaur11
2008-10-29, 12:20 PM

Heck, I'm a "Foul Rexite" and I can see that's just not right.

Pronounceable
2008-10-29, 12:41 PM
Letting the food think that there is a "good cat" to protect them from him when "good cat" is clearly just another manifestation of his divine essence...

The fun stops when the prey gives up.

Shows what I know. Lord Snuggles is cunning indeed...

Ravens_cry
2008-10-29, 02:57 PM
The Church of the Good Cat Shall Not Be Tyrannized By Such Infantile Blathering.

Pronounceable
2008-10-29, 04:07 PM
You know, mods might object to this colorful language, not to mention the oversized fonts. It'd be a shame if something happened to this thread...

So cease your futile resistance and embrace the truth of Snuggles.

Ravens_cry
2008-10-29, 05:21 PM
"For Everything There Must Be Balance, And Snuggles Dost Be A Part Of Said Balance. So Too Be The Good Cat,Whose Purring Be A Balm Unto The Soul, And Who Does Sit Upon Our Laps And Giveth Us Good Cheer."
II Meowmix 42:13

insecure
2008-10-29, 05:41 PM
http://p-userpic.livejournal.com/68972167/5449126

mizzim
2008-10-29, 05:47 PM
"Unto all there must be an end.... snuggles just makes the end come faster."
meowmix prophets I

late for dinner
2008-10-29, 06:02 PM
This thread is rediculous. I started reading it, got 3 pages in and then just skipped to the last page and it was still on the Topic of the, So you say, almighty snuggles...I would totally be up for adding on to the exciting worship of the cat god, but....I am a dog person.

hahahahaha

insecure
2008-10-29, 06:07 PM
I've got a strange feeling that the mods are ignoring this on purpose.:smallsmile:

streakster
2008-10-29, 06:13 PM
I've got a strange feeling that the mods are ignoring this on purpose.:smallsmile:

For they too are worshipers of Snuggles, the divine!

Ravens_cry
2008-10-29, 06:30 PM
For they too are worshipers of Snuggles, the divine!
"They That Doeth Good In The Name Of Snuggles, Doeth Good For Good Cat, And They That Doeth Evil in Good Cats Name, Doeth Evil For Snuggles."
The Book of Hairball 7:29

chiasaur11
2008-10-29, 06:33 PM
So, just curious.

We all know Snuggles is as Chaotic Evil as they get, but can he have Lawful Good followers?

Because that would be very weird.

Pronounceable
2008-10-29, 07:15 PM
^^Snuggles cares not about your petty morals and ethics. To him, all puny weaklings are welcome to bask in his glory. That is, until he decides to put them other uses...

Dragonus45
2008-10-29, 08:12 PM
"They That Doeth Good In The Name Of Snuggles, Doeth Good For Good Cat, And They That Doeth Evil in Good Cats Name, Doeth Evil For Snuggles."
The Book of Hairball 7:29

ALL That doeth, doeth in the name of snuggles as he is almighty and awesome in all ways and encompasses all things for all that is awesome and powerful. And all that is win is snuggles' as he holds all win that shall be so that all win is as is he snuggles.

The book of Fleas 42:42

Moff Chumley
2008-10-29, 08:53 PM
All I have to say is keep up the god work.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-29, 09:12 PM
All I have to say is keep up the god work.No. Get out of the Internet. I can't even look at you right now. smallwink

Ravens_cry
2008-10-29, 09:47 PM
ALL That doeth, doeth in the name of snuggles as he is almighty and awesome in all ways and encompasses all things for all that is awesome and powerful. And all that is win is snuggles' as he holds all win that shall be so that all win is as is he snuggles.

The book of Fleas 42:42

"And Lo, Though Snuggles Be Mighty In All Manner Of Catty Ways, And An Elder God and Such, He Hath A Weakness. So That, With Due Luck And Skill, He Shalt Fall, Yea, Even He Who Is Powerful As The Raging Heavens, Shalt Fall. Into Negatives And Unto Death Shalt Snuggles Fall.
For He That Be Having Stats Can Be Beaten. But She Who Is Without Stats, Can Never Be Overcome. So Don't Messeth With Snuggles Mum,Thou Hearest I?"
The Letter To the People Of Hamwort 3:39

chiasaur11
2008-10-29, 10:26 PM
"And Lo, Though Snuggles Be Mighty In All Manner Of Catty Ways, And An Elder God and Such, He Hath A Weakness. So That, With Due Luck And Skill, He Shalt Fall, Yea, Even He Who Is Powerful As The Raging Heavens, Shalt Fall. Into Negatives And Unto Death Shalt Snuggles Fall.
For He That Be Having Stats Can Be Beaten. But She Who Is Without Stats, Can Never Be Overcome. So Don't Messeth With Snuggles Mum,Thou Hearest I?"
The Letter To the People Of Hamwort 3:39

No stats...
Or a CW Samurai too ashamed to allow her stats to be printed?

Hmmm?

Ravens_cry
2008-10-29, 10:33 PM
No stats...
Or a CW Samurai too ashamed to allow her stats to be printed?

Hmmm?
What need a Goddess of stats? With no stats, they are indefinite, and if they are indefinite, they can be assumed to be infinite.

Oracle_Hunter
2008-10-29, 11:28 PM
What need a Goddess of stats? With no stats, they are indefinite, and if they are indefinite, they can be assumed to be infinite.

The way of the Munchkin, that is. Good, they are not, hmmm?

Dragonus45
2008-10-29, 11:31 PM
Snuggles stats only exist to give hope to meager fools such as pun pun or chuck noris that they have nope of victory. As has been afore mentioned snuggles loves to play with feeble and foolish food. GLORY TO THE CAT GOD, YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE

Anonymous Man
2008-10-30, 06:43 AM
I herebye join the Church of The Good Cat.

Ravens_cry
2008-10-30, 10:14 AM
The way of the Munchkin, that is. Good, they are not, hmmm?
It isn't Munchkining at all. By having no stats, She is based on pure Role Play and Narrativium. Much more powerful then a being based on mere numbers.

only1doug
2008-10-30, 10:18 AM
The Good Cat is Chaotic Good. And actually, it isn't Munchkining at all. By having no stats, She is based on pure Role Play and Narrativium.

+ we already statted out Snuggles, and Good Cat is just an Aspect of Snuggles that is Manifested to fool people into believing they have a chance.

Snuggles enjoys playing with his food, so much so that he gathers worshippers to his Good Cat aspect for greater entertainment when he inevitably turns upon them.

GLORY TO THE CAT GOD, YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE

Ravens_cry
2008-10-30, 11:04 AM
Actually, both Snuggles and Good Cat are just aspects of the Infinity that is Cat.
Good Cat is but the Nurturing Mother Goddess aspect, and Snuggles is but the Destructive Death and Destruction God side.
Cat is within both, and both are within Cat.
However, it helps the primitive human psyche to understand the fully glory of Cat by dividing it into aspects.

AKA_Bait
2008-10-30, 11:05 AM
This is still going on? Oh dear god, what have I done?

only1doug
2008-10-30, 11:09 AM
Actually, both Snuggles and Good Cat are just aspects of the Infinity that is Cat.
Good Cat is but the Nurturing Mother Goddess aspect, and Snuggles is but the Destructive Death and Destruction God side.
Cat is within both, and both are within Cat.
However, it helps the primitive human psyche to understand the fully glory of Cat by dividing it into aspects.

Thats certainly what Snuggles wants you to believe.

You have spawned a God

Ravens_cry
2008-10-30, 11:20 AM
The Good Cat Give You Joy, For You Have Helped Bring Birth To A New Revelation.

Thats certainly what Snuggles wants you to believe.
"To Those Who Do Not Wish To Believe, The Truth Is As A Hairball Stuck In the Craw"The Letter to the People of the Flea-Collar 2:91

Ultima
2008-10-30, 12:27 PM
Yea, I am surely a follower of Snuggles, in all his doom-cat glory. Glory be to him, and shame be to Rex and his followers, may they fall to the levels like those of the "Good Cat."

GLORY TO THE CAT GOD, YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE... AND MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL

three08
2008-10-30, 02:16 PM
(death wish (su): at will, snuggles can instantly slay any commoner, anywhere on any plane. if the commoner succeeds a fort save dc45, they instead die slowly. damage dealt by this ability cannot be healed.)

Ravens_cry
2008-10-30, 02:55 PM
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9392/goodcatos1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
If you look closely, you can see that Snuggles is also included in the Church of The Good Cat Pantheon.

Dragonus45
2008-10-30, 03:33 PM
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9392/goodcatos1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
If you look closely, you can see that Snuggles is also included in the Church of The Good Cat Pantheon.

Lies, all lies. I wont gratify it with any further argument.

Ravens_cry
2008-10-30, 03:55 PM
Lies, all lies. I wont gratify it with any further argument.
"Like A Blind Kitten Who Refuses To Believe the World Exists, So Too Be The Ignorant."
The Letter to the People of the Flea-Collar 3:45:smalltongue: