PDA

View Full Version : Guy With a Halberd's alignment

xyzzy
2008-10-06, 05:35 PM
I just wanted to clear this up for all the people who are convinced that the Guy With A Halberd isn't neutral good --- you're all being really dumb. As anyone can see, the Guy With A Halberd is quite clearly good; one, he's fighting with the Azure City military! How can you not be good if you're in an army led by paladins to protect a city from hobgoblins? Second, he has no qualms about pouring hot oil over evil people but isn't aware that coconut oil is just as good, which shows he's both good and neither lawful nor chaotic; a good person will use the tactics that provide the least risk to good-aligned soldiers, a lawful person will attempt to do something that doesn't risk merely horribly burning someone while they wait for someone to put an arrow through them, and a chaotic person would immediately notice the coconut oil solution as a way to stop people who are lawfully maintaining their diet.

All these arguments are so pointless. Can we get back to real discussion, like what type of creature sabine is, Vaarsuvius' gender, and what type of creature Monster-san is?

chiasaur11
2008-10-06, 05:40 PM
No, no, no.

He's lawful better.
It's kinda like how O-Chul is lawful best.

mr.fizzypop
2008-10-06, 09:24 PM
I just wanted to clear this up for all the people who are convinced that the Guy With A Halberd isn't neutral good --- you're all being really dumb. As anyone can see, the Guy With A Halberd is quite clearly good; one, he's fighting with the Azure City military! How can you not be good if you're in an army led by paladins to protect a city from hobgoblins? Second, he has no qualms about pouring hot oil over evil people but isn't aware that coconut oil is just as good, which shows he's both good and neither lawful nor chaotic; a good person will use the tactics that provide the least risk to good-aligned soldiers, a lawful person will attempt to do something that doesn't risk merely horribly burning someone while they wait for someone to put an arrow through them, and a chaotic person would immediately notice the coconut oil solution as a way to stop people who are lawfully maintaining their diet.

All these arguments are so pointless. Can we get back to real discussion, like what type of creature sabine is, Vaarsuvius' gender, and what type of creature Monster-san is?

no no no no

GwaH has no specific alignment. He is but a idea, a theme that can strive through all of us, he is the quintessence of lawful good...that doesn't necessarily mean his followers have to be.

Staven
2008-10-06, 09:41 PM
GwaH's alignment is lawful this minimeme was a stupid, misbegotten idea in the first place and is a metaphorical pitri dish for stupidity and the ruthless promotion of a one time joke that should have been forgotten. (LTMWASMIITFPAIAMPDFSATRPOAOTJTSHBF)

basilisk 89
2008-10-06, 09:48 PM
GwaH's alignment is lawful this minimeme was a stupid, misbegotten idea in the first place and is a metaphorical pitri dish for stupidity and the ruthless promotion of a one time joke that should have been forgotten. (LTMWASMIITFPAIAMPDFSATRPOAOTJTSHBF)

No, no, no, that's not it.

Santiago
2008-10-07, 06:20 AM
Lawful Sexy.

/thread

Thant
2008-10-07, 06:51 AM
Or maybe Lawful Cannon Fodder:smallbiggrin:

mlsq42
2008-10-07, 07:08 AM
Good Lawful.

Think about it.

Scatman
2008-10-07, 07:27 AM
See, that's where you're all wrong. He's the "Batman" alignment.. Or he will be, in 4E.

heroe_de_leyenda
2008-10-07, 08:30 AM
He is Lawful Awesome...
He is above the Great Wheel and it's symmetric morality, though.

Linkavitch
2008-10-07, 10:29 AM
He's probably, realistically, LG. However, in myth, he's LKA, which is Lawful Kick-AWESOME!

cheesecake
2008-10-07, 12:15 PM
Lawful-uber---that pretty much sums it up.

T-O-E
2008-10-07, 01:09 PM
One-shot filler npcs do not have alignments.
[/buzzkill]

Staven
2008-10-07, 02:39 PM
Thank you!

mlsq42
2008-10-07, 06:45 PM
[/buzzkill]

... Until such time as they get dragged, kicking and screaming, into meme territory.

[/unbuzzkill]

Querzis
2008-10-07, 06:48 PM
[/buzzkill]

You fail the internet.

You dont have to like that joke at all. But nobody is forcing to read the thread about Guy with a halberd so you dont have to screw up the fun for everyone else.

And by the way, hes Lawfull godlike.

Graymayre
2008-10-07, 09:34 PM
Seriously, I don't go to threads I dislike and troll them. Doing so just causes a harborment of hate that is completely unecessary in a civilized forum.

As with an alignment. I like to think that he some being of power that transcends, and encompasses, the alignment system. Not necessarily good, simply right.

edit: I just noticed your name. Wow, I have to be honest with myself and give you kudos for the gall of it.

AceOfFools
2008-10-07, 11:40 PM
How can you not be good if you're in an army led by paladins to protect a city from hobgoblins?

Not to intentionally post a serious response to a joke thread...

but in all seriousness, any human not wanting to be enslaved by hobgoblins who doesn't have the skill to wriggle their way into either one of the boats or the villians good graces.

Say Joe became a soldier to get some authority to push people around. He's a mean jerk about it, but not a threat to society, and good enough with a halberd that the paladin give him enough leeway to stay in the army a few years. Then bam, hobgoblin invasion.

Cause Joe's bosses don't like him, what with him being a jerk that abuses his authority, they put him on the front lines. People on the winning side die, so might as well let them be the jerkass discipline problems if you can help it.

Also note that Joe wears a purple belt.

heroe_de_leyenda
2008-10-08, 12:05 AM
one, he's fighting with the Azure City military! How can you not be good if you're in an army led by paladins to protect a city from hobgoblins?

Well...
Belkar was doing that same thing... :P
...not that he has anything to do with The Mighty Sentinel, tGwaH himself!

And about Troll's post...

I think it's ok... Not everyone is ready to embrace the power of the Polearm Crusader... Though he has enough reach to touch their hearts he will not force them.

I say the Guy with a Halberd is a Warrior! Let there be War!

T-O-E
2008-10-08, 01:45 AM
Seriously, I don't go to threads I dislike and troll them. Doing so just causes a harborment of hate that is completely unecessary in a civilized forum.

There's a fine distinction between joking and trolling.

TheNovak
2008-10-08, 01:49 AM
See, that's where you're all wrong. He's the "Batman" alignment.. Or he will be, in 4E.

Complete Scoundrel stated officially that Batman's Lawful Good.

Ergo, TGWTH is Axiomatic Benevolent, because he's cooler than Batman.

Enlong
2008-10-08, 01:54 AM
... Until such time as they get dragged, kicking and screaming, into meme territory.

[/unbuzzkill]

And do you know why he has to be dragged?

... because he's a Scot!

[/Buzzkillington]

mlsq42
2008-10-08, 06:11 AM
And do you know why he has to be dragged?

... because he's a Scot!

[/Buzzkillington]

I wondered why he looked like an Orange Hedge.

[/Buzzblackadderkill]

Scatman
2008-10-08, 07:31 AM
Complete Scoundrel stated officially that Batman's Lawful Good.

Ergo, TGWTH is Axiomatic Benevolent, because he's cooler than Batman.

Oh really? Time to start researching more alignments.. Hrm, "Iron Man"..

Desilva
2008-10-08, 09:04 AM
{Scrubbed}

AstralFire
2008-10-08, 09:07 AM
...alright, so it's not funny, I agree and would like it to end, but there's no need to start insulting people about it.

Desilva
2008-10-08, 09:18 AM
...alright, so it's not funny, I agree and would like it to end, but there's no need to start insulting people about it.

Oh, right. Forgot about that.

But how else can I express my misanthropic self-loathing and fear of other human beings?

Maybe SOME of that stuff I said wasn't COMPLETELY true, but the whole GwtH thing screams "Trying Too Hard" so loudly it's forcing a will save to avoid 20d6 sonic damage.

Chazzie
2008-10-08, 01:27 PM
I like the TGWaH meme. It gives me something fun to think about on these boards, which are severely lacking in fun topics on the OOTS side.

I like it better than everyone's obsession with the Fruit Pie, anyway.

Let them eat cake. c:

Roland St. Jude
2008-10-08, 08:36 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: This thread start out on oddly trollish grounds and hasn't gotten any better.