PDA

View Full Version : Signature Picture

Erethon
2005-01-03, 06:31 PM
I don't know if this question is answered in another topic, but I was curious about 2 things:
1. Are signature pictures allowed, and if so, how big can they be.
2. How would I go about getting the picture into my signature? Would I need to get it hosted on another site?

RawBearNYC
2005-01-04, 02:51 AM
There are no hard and fast rules about pictures in sigs.

We ask a couple things. Try to keep pictures comfortably viewable on a max width of 800 pixels including the on screen elements that are already here. a safe guess on my part would be to try to keep them smaller than 150 pixels high and 400 pixels wide.

To add a picture to your sig, you do it in the Profile link under the Signature section. You have to add an IMG tag as you would in any post. (using square brackets instead of angled, of course). And yes, you do have to have your image hosted somewhere. Rich is paying for bandwidth these days, so we don't host your pics for you. I'm sure someone will come along soon with some reccomendation for picture hosting sites.

If you're unclear on how to use the IMG tag, you can start a new message on any forum and use the button above the edit box to have yabb do it for you, then you can copy the code it creates and paste it into the Signature box. To test your signature, you can start any message. You'll notice that next to the "Post" button is a "Preview" button, which will show you your signature...no need to test it by creating a new thread or post.

Also, YaBB does something that annoys me...changes to signatures are retroactive to all your posts. This is a bad thing as far as I'm concerned, but I didn't write YaBB, so I can't complain too much. Any post you've already made (points above), should show the new signature.

Hope that helps, and thanks for asking!

Erethon
2005-01-04, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the help. I just used a thing someone on a forum I used to go to made to upload the pick. I had simply forgot about it.