PDA

View Full Version : That darn song you just can't remember!

Ghal Marak
2008-10-07, 01:09 AM
Hello!

Some time ago, whilst I was at work, I was messing around Youtube listening to music videos. Well, there was this one that I stumbled upon, and for the life of me I cannot remember the damn things name! So, I decided to ask the forums and see if anyone else knows it.

Here is a description of the video, as best I remember it. The thing is sung by a lady, whose face is in the background the whole time. Only her face is shown, and it's upside down and somewhat translucent. In the foreground is a bunch of shadows dancing from the left to the right, with the scenery changing as they go. They kinda resemble Native Americans in the way they dance, though at one point they end up underground. With rocket launchers. :smallconfused: Weird I know, but that was in it. From what I can remember about the music, it was... how to describe it. Light and airy? A little whimsical. That's about all I can remember of it. Does it ring any bells with anyone else? Probably not, but it is worth a try.

Oh, and feel free to mention your own songs/videos/ect that you can't remember, but would like to revisit. Might as well get some help for the other forgetful people while we are at it. :smallbiggrin:

ghost_warlock
2008-10-07, 01:57 AM
Hello!

Some time ago, whilst I was at work, I was messing around Youtube listening to music videos. Well, there was this one that I stumbled upon, and for the life of me I cannot remember the damn things name! So, I decided to ask the forums and see if anyone else knows it.

Here is a description of the video, as best I remember it. The thing is sung by a lady, whose face is in the background the whole time. Only her face is shown, and it's upside down and somewhat translucent. In the foreground is a bunch of shadows dancing from the left to the right, with the scenery changing as they go. They kinda resemble Native Americans in the way they dance, though at one point they end up underground. With rocket launchers. :smallconfused: Weird I know, but that was in it. From what I can remember about the music, it was... how to describe it. Light and airy? A little whimsical. That's about all I can remember of it. Does it ring any bells with anyone else? Probably not, but it is worth a try.

Oh, and feel free to mention your own songs/videos/ect that you can't remember, but would like to revisit. Might as well get some help for the other forgetful people while we are at it. :smallbiggrin:

I've no idea, myself, but it sounds like something Loreena McKennitt might do. Sans the rocket-launchers, anyway...

And I get this feeling all the time, I'll get a few lyrics (or instrumental bits) in my head and I'll have to trudge through the 6000+ songs on my iPod trying to figure out what song I've got in my head. Of course, more often than not I get to listening to other songs and completely forget the bits that were in my head in the first place, only to remember them later no when I don't have my iPod around. It's a vicious cycle. :smallmad:

Linkavitch
2008-10-07, 10:35 AM
I hate it when that happens. No idea what your song is, but I feel your pain.

Ghal Marak
2008-10-07, 10:44 PM
Ugh, it is the most frustrating experiance I've had in a long time. :smallannoyed: I'm glad I'm not the only one, that helps a little. I can usualy puzzle it out if I just sit down and concentrate for a while, but this one just eludes me. :smallfurious:

Vizen
2008-10-07, 10:46 PM
I have that problem sometimes, but usually if its from some website like Youtube, I can just look back in the history and find it. Have you looked in the history?

Yulian
2008-10-07, 10:49 PM
Hmm hmm HIM.

/Obscure?

- Yulian

Ghal Marak
2008-10-07, 11:07 PM
I have that problem sometimes, but usually if its from some website like Youtube, I can just look back in the history and find it. Have you looked in the history?

Nah, I don't think it would be on there. This was posibly a month ago, and my work computer only saves the history up to three weeks. But I'll check it anyway. I can't believe that slipped my mind. Thanks. :smallsmile: Though with my luck it probably won't be there.

Hmm hmm HIM.

/Obscure?

- Yulian

:smallconfused: Uh, no I don't think it was HIM. The way you worded that though, it's kinda left me confused. I think you were refrencing the band HIM, but... yeah.

Boo
2008-10-07, 11:10 PM
Can't help you, but I had that experience a few times. The most frustrating ones were when I first heard of Franz Ferdinand, and Land of Talk. Took me a week to figure both bands out.

Yulian
2008-10-07, 11:31 PM
Uh, no I don't think it was HIM. The way you worded that though, it's kinda left me confused. I think you were refrencing the band HIM, but... yeah.

Wow. That really was obscure. An entire episode of Married, with Children involved Al trying to do this exact thing with a song and all he could remember was the line "Hmmm hmm HIM."

- Yulian

Ghal Marak
2008-10-07, 11:48 PM
Wow. That really was obscure. An entire episode of Married, with Children involved Al trying to do this exact thing with a song and all he could remember was the line "Hmmm hmm HIM."

- Yulian

Oh. Well... I never watched Married, with Children. Can't stand that show for some reason. I don't even know why.

Jokes
2008-10-08, 12:23 AM
I would say the song you want is Bjork, Earth Intruders. (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=p3YMf5sRnDs)

I feel so dirty knowing that...

There's a song on the radio at work that everyone seems to know, but no-one knows what the song is called or who sings it. I couldn't tell you the words right now, but whenever it's on, I can sing along to is.

Ghal Marak
2008-10-08, 12:32 AM
I would say the song you want is Bjork, Earth Intruders. (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=p3YMf5sRnDs)

I feel so dirty knowing that...

There's a song on the radio at work that everyone seems to know, but no-one knows what the song is called or who sings it. I couldn't tell you the words right now, but whenever it's on, I can sing along to is.

HA!!! Thankyouthankyou!!! God, that has been anoying me for the longest time, and you solved it! HAHA!

It's... weirder than I remember it... but oh well. :smallbiggrin: It was the principle of the thing.

And about that work radio thing, I've seen something like that happen. The 'Light ##.#' channel is always on, and they play the same damn music every twenty minuts. Everysooften somebody would come in and say they love this song or that song, but rarely could they name it.

#: Can't remember the numbers. :smallsigh:

Faceist
2008-10-08, 01:22 AM
I know the feeling. It's even worse, in my opinion, when you recognise the band but not the song, because then you feel obliged to trawl through their albums searching for it. (This is compounded if the song in question is a single and not on any album. Grgh.)