PDA

View Full Version : Ps238: Tom Davision

Unscrewed
2008-10-07, 07:20 PM
Tome Davision is a Time Lord (or at least something similar to a time lord). I mean, he travels through time and meets with himself, admittedly without a device.

But there is this (http://nodwick.humor.gamespy.com/ps238/comics/index.php?date=2008-08-20) page.

If I am, my eyes will change color someday.

How is that not a regeneration reference?

So, is this news, or was it brutally obvious?

Trazoi
2008-10-07, 07:25 PM
I don't follow this comic, but I looked up that page. I thought that line just meant the boy thought the old man was talking nonsense.

Or it could be a veiled Mary Sue reference. :smallbiggrin:

Nerd-o-rama
2008-10-07, 07:50 PM
Thank you for reminding me about this comic. For some reason, I keep forgetting to bookmark it.

I'm not really sure it's a Doctor Who reference - The Doctor's regenerations tend to be a bit more dramatic - but I'll bet it comes into play later in the story.

EDIT: Tyler seems to have gotten his phone Companion-ized, though. And seems to be heading toward where I expected as a superhero, if I'm reading clues right.

Reading still further: I love Mirror Universes.

idksocrates
2008-10-08, 12:10 AM
It seems to borrow heavily in concept from Hitchhiker's guide the galaxy on my first impression. The art looks great though, and the dialogue can certainly stand on it's own. I'll be checking it out in more depth.

And yeah, pretty sure the eye's-changing-color thing is just him saying the old man is probably full of... it.