PDA

View Full Version : Posting problem

RawBearNYC
2004-11-16, 07:29 PM
I've received a couple of Private Messages from a user here who is having a problem. The flood filter is now telling him he's posting too frequently, when, according to him, there's no way he is.

I need to find out if this is happening to more people. But I'm aware that if the flood filter is blocking people from posting, they won't be able to post here and tell me.

If you're getting trouble from the flood filter, please send me a PM.

I may have to reset your password and try to log in as you and post, to see what's happening, so be patient with me.

AngelSword
2004-11-18, 09:09 PM
You see, it works fine from my home computer. It just doesn't like my computer at work.

Zherog
2004-11-19, 11:23 AM
You should be working, not posting!

Why yes - I did just call the kettle black. Why do you ask? :P

AngelSword
2004-11-22, 01:06 PM
Well, when nothing works when I try to do any work, it's kinda hard to stay focused. :P

Edit 12/8 - I am using the standard (I type with a groan) browser, IE, ver. 6.0.2800. And it seems I have no trouble editing a post of mine that actually exists.

And my organization seems to think that people are stupid and untrustworthy, and have set up the ultimate firewall to block out anything questionable, and anything they deem is not cohesive to work (I thank the Gods they haven't found this place yet).

RawBearNYC
2004-11-22, 03:34 PM
So, you can post when you're home, but not at work. what browser are you using at work (program name and version number)? Does your work have any "interesting" policies regarding cookies?