PDA

View Full Version : V -- you read it here first! (Spoilers)

pendell
2008-10-08, 12:32 PM
Betcha that, when the imp meets V, V realizes just how far he/she is fallen, and does a dramatic heel face turn. Goes back to the good guys, I mean. Realizes that if an imp is talking to him/her, he/she is going the wrong way. Sort of like when Roy had that epiphany in the woods after abandoning Elan.

I wager 4000 zorkmids on this proposition, payable at the first bank of Great Underground Empire. Just watch out for grues.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Kranden
2008-10-08, 12:35 PM
Noway I hope V becomes Evil he is bad ass as hell.

Not to mention dangerous. Imagine Xykon but far more intelligent.

Holammer
2008-10-08, 12:49 PM
A good theory my good sir! However I must bet against it!
I'm betting my pimped out YT-1300 that V *does not* return to the good guys and strikes some sort of deal with the imp, perhaps even makes it V's new familiar.

pendell
2008-10-08, 12:52 PM
Noway I hope V becomes Evil he is bad ass as hell.

Not to mention dangerous. Imagine Xykon but far more intelligent.

Precisely why it won't happen. Because then he'd overshadow the plot nemesis, and the position of BBEG is already filled.

Pimped out YT-1300? What's it got? Sublight, class .5 hyperdrive, augmented military turrets? Or just a pimped-up interior with mirrors and fur-lined furniture?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Holammer
2008-10-08, 01:08 PM
Ridiculous hydraulics to freak out people at the launch pad and Fuzzy dice. What more do you need?

AstralFire
2008-10-08, 01:11 PM
Ridiculous hydraulics to freak out people at the launch pad and Fuzzy dice. What more do you need?

Tacos.
whatdoyoumean'tacos'istooshortamessage

Linkavitch
2008-10-08, 02:29 PM
What's the zorkmid/us$ exchange rate?

Holammer
2008-10-08, 02:33 PM

With the current economy you might wanna take the Zorkmids

pendell
2008-10-08, 02:37 PM
I don't think there's a rate of exchange because the Zorkmid isn't traded on the open market. Sort of like the Russian ruble back in the 80s.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Ridureyu
2008-10-08, 03:22 PM
It would be really awesome if VI becomes evil, gains Ultimate Arcane Power, goes to Xykon either to confront or join him...

...And gets killed and turned into a zombie. Unpredictability is fun!

David Argall
2008-10-08, 04:22 PM
Betcha that, when the imp meets V, V realizes just how far he/she is fallen, and does a dramatic heel face turn. Goes back to the good guys, I mean. Realizes that if an imp is talking to him/her, he/she is going the wrong way. Sort of like when Roy had that epiphany in the woods after abandoning Elan.

Now note that Roy dumped Elan in 153, and didn't decided to rescue him until 162. Same dramatic principle applies here. V is not going to make a turnaround nearly this soon. We are much more likely to see a V-Qarr deal in 600 or 601, and then some sort of repentance after 610, if not later or at all.

Caractacus
2008-10-08, 04:25 PM
I don't think he's going to return immediately either.

And I kind of got the idea that the Imp was going to try to polymorph or equivalent to get back on board as V...

What do you think?

Estovus
2008-10-08, 04:43 PM
With the current economy you might wanna take the Zorkmids

Well played.

And that's all I have to say.

pendell
2008-10-08, 04:50 PM
I don't think he's going to return immediately either.

And I kind of got the idea that the Imp was going to try to polymorph or equivalent to get back on board as V...

What do you think?

I think it's already been explained elsewhere that imps can't normally polymorph into humans or demihumans, so the probability is low. Although the Giant could always houserule it in with a scroll of polymorph or whatever if he wished, I suppose.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Red XIV
2008-10-08, 04:54 PM
Precisely why it won't happen. Because then he'd overshadow the plot nemesis, and the position of BBEG is already filled.

V would be smarter than Xykon, but (for the time being) less powerful. Remember, Xykon is epic-level. He's a minimum of level 21, and probably higher than that since he's beaten other epic-level spellcasters. V on the other hand is somewhere around level 14 right now. Taking on Xykon wouldn't exactly be a level-appropriate encounter.

bluewind95
2008-10-08, 05:19 PM
I really DO hope V doesn't turn evil. The party is fragmented enough as it is. It'll just be drawing it all out waay too long in my opinion.

I would think this might relate to the terrible price that will be paid to get the party back together though.

David Argall
2008-10-08, 08:22 PM
I kind of got the idea that the Imp was going to try to polymorph or equivalent to get back on board as V...

Why would he want to get on board at all? The given reason he did was to contact V, who is now nicely available without the bother of dealing with evil detecting paladins.

GSFB
2008-10-08, 08:28 PM
I think it's already been explained elsewhere that imps can't normally polymorph into humans or demihumans

Qarr has already demonstrated powers beyong what an imp straight from the MM can do. Qarr either has class levels or is an advanced imp.

Shady_halfling
2008-10-08, 08:47 PM
i bet 5mil astral diamonds on a dispel magic follwed by either a splat or an epic level struggle.

Graymayre
2008-10-08, 08:51 PM

At this point, the exchange rate is very poor for zorkmids to us$. The Ratador's underground civilization has recently gone into a recession. I believe it is worth no more than a canadian dollar (or a dirty piece of string, which is around the same worth) at the moment.

On the actual hypothesis discussion. This seems like something Rich would tantalize us with only to have it turn back to the plot (as V right now does not want any deviances).

GSFB
2008-10-08, 09:32 PM
But with the Ratador markets in decline, there has never been a better time to get into Ratadorian Klopnicks for long term growth - just make sure you are willing to hold those investments for a least a few parquons, or else be ready to move your liquid assets into a phylactery.

Kranden
2008-10-08, 09:44 PM

He could always join them then Stab them in the back when they find the next gate :P

Its not like they would even know who he is right?

FujinAkari
2008-10-08, 10:36 PM
At this point, the exchange rate is very poor for zorkmids to us$. The Ratador's underground civilization has recently gone into a recession. I believe it is worth no more than a canadian dollar (or a dirty piece of string, which is around the same worth) at the moment.

((Psst... a Canadian Dollar is actually worth more than a US Dollar atm...))

Yulian
2008-10-08, 11:24 PM
I wager 100 Quatloos that V will not return due to Qaar approaching hir!

- Yulian

Arkenputtyknife
2008-10-08, 11:50 PM
((Psst... a Canadian Dollar is actually worth more than a US Dollar atm...))

Psst… 89 cents isn't "more than a dollar".

AstralFire
2008-10-08, 11:54 PM
Hmm. When did the US Dollar overtake the Canada dollar again?

TheGrimace
2008-10-09, 12:15 AM
Wednesday May 14th 2008, 1 USD buys 1.0018 CAD
Thursday May 15th 2008, 1 USD buys .9996 CAD

Last May, Canada overtook America.
but wait...

Friday May 30th 2008, 1 USD buys 0.9938 CAD
Monday June 2nd 2008, 1 USD buys 1.0011 CAD

America catches Canada by the end of the month.

The American dollar has stayed stronger than the Canadian dollar (barely) since then, and it now comes in at.

Wednesday October 8th, 1 USD buys 1.1246 CAD

Note: This information is not from the federal reserve, or any major bank, it is from a website called x-rates.com. The information can be found at http://www.x-rates.com/d/CAD/USD/data120.html if you are interested. My apologies for not getting better data, this was just in a really easy format.

Now really, A wizard as a BBEG? I've never heard of that before! </sarcasm> For just that reason, I strongly doubt that V will become the nemesis, however, I have long since learned not to attempt to guess what this story will bring, I'm wrong enough thanks to my girlfriend, I don't need to do it to myself too.

AstralFire
2008-10-09, 12:16 AM
Huh. I guess I just missed people crowing the other way about i- Oh, right, I think I was gone during that time period. That's why.