PDA

View Full Version : V is not evil, Yet.

Animefunkmaster
2008-10-08, 10:44 PM
Well, with the past few strips, I was worried that V had turned evil. Accidentally casted undue morality, lawl (kidding). Anyway, I just wanted to stat my joy that detect evil did not find V evil.

Grail
2008-10-08, 10:53 PM
There is no proof that the Detect Evil included V.

drengnikrafe
2008-10-09, 12:00 AM
But they said they scanned both boats, and the entire island, right?

Maybe Qarr (or whatever) was hiding on a person. They would have to investigate.

I think AFM has a point here.

FujinAkari
2008-10-09, 12:05 AM
I, unfortunately, agree with Grail. There is a noticible time delay between V departing and Lien's report, so it is quite possible that V was never scanned.

drengnikrafe
2008-10-09, 12:42 AM
I, unfortunately, agree with Grail. There is a noticible time delay between V departing and Lien's report, so it is quite possible that V was never scanned.

While this is true, I believe it would be safer to say that the entirity of both boats and the island had been scanned, and upon the completion of this, Lien then proceeded to march over towards Hinjo.

Okay, maybe not safer, but it's still valid to say that the entire boat had been searched, including V, before Lien came to deliver the report.

I'll admit I may be wrong, but you are just as likely to be wrong. Would you agree?

Ramien
2008-10-09, 12:53 AM
Lien could have easily detected V as evil and not really done anything. After all, being "Evil" really isn't against the law, or else Azure City's jails would have been much fuller (and O-Chul wouldn't have complained about Nale's incarceration).

However, Qarr (assuming he has a couple extra hit dice than a normal imp), as an evil outsider, could quite easily have a much stronger evil aura than any human on the boats could possibly have, so Lien was looking for a strong aura, while V would have, at most, a moderate one.

Edit: I'm undecided about V's alignment at the moment, but I did feel it necessary to point out the hole in the argument.

BlueElk
2008-10-09, 12:55 AM
Meh, their detect evil ability can't be trusted anyway. Maybe V has always been evil and he's just been carrying around a good++ item. Maybe it's an item given to him by his good++ mate. That would be a very funny twist mehtinks. :) But I dunno. Is there an OOTS expert that can nullify this hypothesis?

Nerdanel
2008-10-09, 01:03 AM
I think V decided to leave in a hurry because Detect Evil WOULD have exposed him. Before, everyone was just assuming that V wasn't evil, but Elan telling Hinjo about Kubota's murder would have provoked Hinjo to check if V was evil.